It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by skjerulf

Hey man, totally appreciate your on-the-spot reporting.

We certainly can't believe MSM after their latest 'The sky is falling' hash job.

Stay safe but don't put yourself in danger, if you need to bail out then do it

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
NASA posted a pretty cool picture of the event.

Close up of lightening and ash

Thank you so much for that link. Probably the most amazing picture I've ever seen of Earth's fury.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ok,, Everybody take a deep breath,,,,,,count two 10,, lol

"JUST IN-----BREAKING NEWS---JUST IN-----BREAKING NEWS---"

"The British government's emergency planning committee, Cobra, is meeting with the air traffic control service (Nats) this morning to discuss the crisis."

oK wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

wait,,,,,,

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
DID THEY SAY -----COBRA!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLLOLLLOOO

HEY WHERE IS?? G.I.JOE,,, WHEN U REALLY NEED HIM??????

Cobra,,,lol this is just tooo funny,,,,,hey??? weren;t the BAD guys???? Please correct me if I'am,,,,

cobra---lololololol

Hey we all needed a good laugh,,,

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sorry was laughing so hard couldn't type,,,,see above

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Oh ya it's true,,,

here u go news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
LMAO Bob

We're in a Global Financial Crisis mate, nobody can afford G.I. Joe!

Oh boy.. for something so serious it certainly is beginning to take on a rather comical tone isn't it?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is interesting,,

"Since this system was created, two additional categories have been added to the Lacroix classification:

* e) Icelandic - This type of eruption emits large amounts of lava from fissures, often miles in length and spread in sheets over the land. The lava is very fluid and can flow for long distances.
* f) Solfataric stage - This term is applied to the final phase of eruption, during which only gases are emitted. This is named after the Solfatara (“sulfur” in Italian) volcano near Naples. Since 1198, it has only emitted gases. Volcanoes can stay in the Solfataric stage for hundreds of years after its last eruption.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I do believe it is now spitting rocks,,

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
www.ruv.is... = some pictures.. we don't get tired of them do we?

www.ruv.is... - here is a link to a video that was taken this evening. Click on "Horfa má á myndskeið Ómars Ragnarssonar hér." My macbook doesn't like this site very much and I can't watch any of the videos, but you can so here you go! Enjoy!

Latest news:
Still no ash in Reykjavík thank god.
Farmers in the closest area are worried that their fields are ruined, toxic ash 10 cm thick on the grass plus ice and dirt from the floods.
Winds are again changing that could affect Britain's airports but only the night will tell.
The ash has an affect in Africa, crops are ruined.
Now we can see lava from the first time on the webcams, lucky you who don't have to sleep at the same time the show is on

www.mbl.is... - oh my god the ash images in the end, right over Vestmannaeyjar; population around 5000.

And again, the amazing video with the amazing Sigurrós song, www.facebook.com...

And if you missed it - www.flickr.com... pictures from when I went to see the first eruptions april 1st.

I saw earlier that someone was thinking about what kind of a volcano it was?
en.wikipedia.org...
It is a stratovolcano like many here in iceland. It has three craters and if I remember correctly the biggest one is around 2.5 km and the other ones around 1 km (remember the big scary crater face picture someone posted?)
Laki is a fissure event = en.wikipedia.org...
Well, sometimes wikipedia is a bit** but I read everything there on this and its about right. And of course if you want to learn more about Hekla or Katla then just wikipedia it or google it

Hope I can answer more questions if you have them and will post latest news in the morning.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by skjerulf]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ts time to tell your friends at the farm with the lights still on???? wow how did u overcome the static ,, sorry,, another time maybe?
to PULL OUT.
GOD

bless.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
www.flickr.com...@N24/

seems that the link is not working from here... try looking up "eyjafjallajökull - volcano in iceland" groups on flickr, amazing shots

Then i'm off to bed! Good night and have a good show on the webcameras

[edit on 19-4-2010 by skjerulf]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
G'day fellow watchers - I see the lady is putting on another show tonight!

Been seeing snippets in news here about UK opening up airports but preparing for another big ash cloud - did something happen overnight?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Web cam is now showing a pretty good display of lava being flung in the air.

It looks like Ey has entered a new phase, which might be a good thing as far as the amount of ash being thrown into the air. The real question is, what effect will the injection of fresh lava have on our girl and her surrounding fiends?

eldgos.mila.is...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by skjerulf

Good Night and pleasant dreams to You and Yours - again - Thanks and be safe!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
OK due too restrictions by ATS the following should contain only the one word RUN
RUN somemore
keep running
there we go

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I ran to the store and back

does that count?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Good Morning to You! -- You have some catching up to do - but, just so ya know - there is no new erupution anywhere else - we had as how was it posted -- a test run - with mis reported information though

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
u went to the store and didnt tell anyone????? boooooo lol

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Oh ya bet that old Glacier is melting some now! just how long do think and at what speed that number of btu's will melt x number of Glacier??

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join