It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skjerulf

nice future... hekla can erupt now and katla is already over time....
worst case scenario is dealing with 3 vulcano's in short time...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

4 if you add Laki to it

But latest news in iceland is from Magnús Tumi (he was mentioned here earlier)
visir.is...

"It is likely and the changes are that Katla will erupt but we can't say it for sure and it doesn't have to be"

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

tnx that comforts me... hihi

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

haha that clears it up....but it still doesn't change the fact that its one tongue twisting a** name

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Is this a translation ?

"It is likely and the changes are that Katla will erupt but we can't say it for sure and it doesn't have to be"
Equals 'probable + inevitable + uncertain + wishful thinking'

And for the most part, these Icelandics have not been affected by all these ash problems. The rest of us will be ok when the wind changes, but the Icelandics won't! One man's meat is another man's poison, it seems!

mclinking

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Well, all we can do is predict and hope. The future and mother nature will have to do the rest.

Are you joking? The ash is damaging everything and the biggest concern here in iceland are the farm animals that can't eat the grass outside because of the toxic ash and they have to stay inside. A big evacuation on animals has been going on since yesterday. People have to ware masks if they go outside, have you seen the ash pictures?
The only thing that is not effecting us is the air traffic, we can still fly the main air-road here and we can fly to America and now we can fly to norway.
The main highway is finally up again after being apart since wednesday because of flooding, some houses are damaged and when the main road was off there were no chance for food, emergency, the milk truck or anything to go into nearest towns.

www.mbl.is...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

yes... you and your fellow iclanders have my full sympathy...
the vulcano hit your country hard...

at the continent they can just moan about the loss of 150M euro's couse the plains couldend fly (the idiots) but they forgot youres suffering of it.......:-(
at least we had clear blue sky's without any sound of that damned plains this weekend... it was an relief!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Hvolsvelli cam shows a giant orange globe of some sort. Could this be a malfunction?
eldgos.mila.is...

[edit on 18-4-2010 by drclifford]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The globe is from the lights, just before the sun went down you could see that there were trailers with lights on poles like they use at construction sites

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What does this increased activity mean? (Sorry for being dense.)
hraun.vedur.is...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
www.mbl.is...

www.mbl.is...

Well I'm sorry for talking about Laki like they are nothing but that is just my experience but now I have read about it and when they erupted in 1783 it was one hell of a bitch! google it ! shii
I'm reading this article in icelandic and here is the site: www.mbl.is... - ypu can translate it like someone did here earlier on another article. But in the end they are talking about 6 volcano eruptions that have changed weather in the whole world and Laki is one of them. But of course we have to remember that this is just one of many times that Laki has erupted..

Really interesting article and they are talking about damages that eruptions in Iceland have done in the past history.. Hope that some translation on the internet will be good so I don't have to translate it all for you

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just wondering: is there any news of how Katla is doing?

I know I'd heard that couild be a huge eruption if it became more active.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'rs...I don't like to go off topic but after looking at the USGS earthquake map I find it strange, (don't you?) that they are reporting no earthquakes from the caldera. Tell me if I'm wrong but common sense would dictate there would be some earthquake activity. What do you think? I mean let's face it, Yellowstone hasn't erupted in recorded history but experiences recorded seismic activity on a weekly basis. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
Hello fellow ATS'rs...I don't like to go off topic but after looking at the USGS earthquake map I find it strange, (don't you?) that they are reporting no earthquakes from the caldera. Tell me if I'm wrong but common sense would dictate there would be some earthquake activity. What do you think? I mean let's face it, Yellowstone hasn't erupted in recorded history but experiences recorded seismic activity on a weekly basis. Just a thought.

USGS doesn't report ALL quakes everywhere I'm afraid - and no quakes under 2.5 from outside the US as a rule

Here is Iceland's seismo page - as you can see there are quakes occurring all the time. en.vedur.is...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
USGS does not register Icelandic Quakes or the immediate area, this link does .

Icelandic Weather Institute

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
While it seems a little crazy watching the cams at night - I'm watching Hvolsvelli and there are definite flashes occurring - some quite bright - assume lightning inside the cloud or, as sometimes it has an orange tint, a lava fountain?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm seeing them, too. Bright orange flashes at 11 o'clock above the farmhouse (center).
eldgos.mila.is...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drclifford
I'm seeing them, too. Bright orange flashes at 11 o'clock above the farmhouse (center).
eldgos.mila.is...

I really don't think it's lightning, either, more red/orange - I'll put my money on magma/lava/fire as source not electrical

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Is this a burp or has she blown?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
i think it's all starting to come into play with mother Shipton's verse

Yet greater sign there be to see man nears latter century Three sleeping mountains gather breath And spew out mud, and ice and death.And earthquakes swallow town and town, In lands as yet to me unknown. - Mother Shipton

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join