It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
hekla gets also worser and worser by the day......monitoring it the last days..
chart nealy black... harmonic tremors?????

www.simnet.is...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
hekla gets also worser and worser by the day......monitoring it the last days..
chart nealy black... harmonic tremors?????

www.simnet.is...

is there one of these graphs for Eyjafjallajökul?

That Hekla chart's looked like that for a few days, I'm wondering wether or not it's picking up the erruption from Eyjafjallajökul.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

I have been following the seismo since the beginning of the unrest. While I do not know what it did prior the the unrest, this seismo has been looking like this on and off daily since I started watching in early March. I have searched and am unable to come up with betters seismo's or seismo's for other areas. As I have stated on the other thread, I am quiet surprised at the lack of instruments or lack of available instruments and Data.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

yes the equipment long not so good as the yelly webicorders...pitty...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
www.facebook.com...

amazing really

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

# Large plume indicates second Icelandic volcano, Hekla, has begun erupting - watch live http://(link tracking not allowed)/9iNfKE 2 minutes ago via BreakingNews Headquarters

And here she blows.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

Where are you getting your information??? I was watching the web cam all morning and saw the plume behind her - now I can't tell which is which

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon

# Large plume indicates second Icelandic volcano, Hekla, has begun erupting - watch live http://(link tracking not allowed)/9iNfKE 2 minutes ago via BreakingNews Headquarters

And here she blows.

could you give us the link please

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.ruv.is...

cam is out...:-( can it be confirmed????

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

I'm not seeing anything but clouds... and nothing unusual on that webcam, sorry. If Hekla were erupting then media would be all about it, I'm here in Iceland and have looked at every possible icelandic media and nothing. Can't say that I will take some twitter news over real icelandic news...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yep, it is confirmed in the news if you google it. Iceland's Hekla is now erupting.

I wonder if this increases or decreases the chances that Katia will now erupt. I would think it would decrease the chance, but maybe not, maybe it will increase the chance.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Yep, it is confirmed in the news if you google it. Iceland's Hekla is now erupting.

I wonder if this increases or decreases the chances that Katia will now erupt. I would think it would decrease the chance, but maybe not, maybe it will increase the chance.

Hope this helps.

News reports are being retracted, some numpty turned the cam to face Eyjafjallajökull.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
UPDATE: It's apparently a false alarm. An Icelandic Broadcasting Service camera was apparently pointed at Eyjafjallajökull and but it was labeled Hekla.

see youself....

www.simnet.is...

manual update it..

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok lets VOTE for all those that are tired of stupidity:
Who ever pointed that camera accidently at an Erupting volcano

Should be hung, quartered, denu%%d and drowned and ?????

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

loll just put him on an plain now... europe airspace is opend now for big parts...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
From " www.reuters.com...

"The United Nations agency said the fine particles of ash were not harmful as long as they remained into the upper atmosphere but could be more problematic if they fell to earth."

they must be smoking,,SOMETHING ,,,, lol

Look at Iceland must be different dust.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Found a seismo for Katla, looks like an increase to me but there's several ATS members following these threads that could probably make sense of the data...
hraun.vedur.is...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Like I said, I wasn't going to believe some bogus twitter news over real Icelandic news. I would rather listen to news from people who are actually on the area monitoring and talking to scientist rather then some people looking at a web camera of an area that they have never seen before and don't know really what they are looking at.
Heklubyggð doesn't mean Hekla. It means the area around Hekla, it includes a view over Eyjafjallajökull.

You can surely see Hekla, Katla and Eyjafjallajökull from the same place, I should know. And tremors in "Heklubyggð" or "Katla" doesn't actually mean just under Hekla or Katla but Eyjafjallajökull is also there, they talk about them like two sisters and brother because they are so close together, tremor activity is due to the eruption in Eyjafjallajökull. I think this is the 3 or 4th time that I have written this. Clearly not getting in some of your heads

I promised that I would keep you updated, news in Iceland are probably the news you should relay on and they are still talking about no movement under Katla so far.

www.ruv.is...

Translations:

"The webcam on Búfelli in Þjórsádal and is pointed at Hekla, also gets images of Eyjafjallajökull and his stroke. It lead to that people, including media, who saw the images to believe that Hekla was woken up and blowing. This is not true, it is Eyjafjallajökull that is erupting."

--- All this talk about Hekla chocked my amazing link so I will post it again if someone missed it. www.facebook.com...

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join