It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weatherman Slips... CHEM TRAILS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
how do u download the video?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Chaff does not DISABLE radar, it merely "confuses" the radar. For example, planes will eject chaff and flares in the event they are trying to dodge an incoming missile. Some missiles are radar guided, so in the split second that the chaff is deployed the missile may become "confused" due to its radar guidance and detonate on the chaff munition, as opposed to the plane itself. It helps to use google to understand things you are not familiar with, then you would get why it makes perfect sense.

or it could be the phage, myself, skellon and the other educated individuals on this board who do some fact finding on their own are just some mean "debunkers" looking to poop all over your parade of ignorance (not just you demonseed).

It sometimes frustrates me that people are unwilling to take the 2 minutes necessary to do minor "research" like this and that they are willing to spend 8 hours spouting off bullsh# they heard 3rd hand from some other lazy person.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Chaff is used as a 'decoy' in the same sense a 'flare' is used as a decoy. Instead of drawing a heat seeking air to air missile towards the flare, rather than the aircraft, it essentially 'distracts' the radar guided missile from the aquired target.

It provides a 'clutter' effect on radar (think of 'noise' or 'snow' with a bad tv reception), making the target less distinguishable to the radar guidance system, be it mounted in the missile or on the aircraft that the missile was fired from.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venetian
Someone give this weatherman a pat on the back for being so gutsy! Just hope they don't take him out.

Chaff has been used for over 50 years! This is not a conspiracy. It is certainly not a matter of National Security either. This is just a weather man that made an observation based upon his personal experiences of a very normal decoy or defensive system employed by most military aircraft for decades.

If anything he may have been talked to regarding his adlib reference as it was not expected and of little interest to most of the audience.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
so many people on here are quick to agree with the easy explanation of simple radar deference or enemy missile diversion,but there is something these damn people arent asking. WHY THE HELL IS THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT DOING THAT OVER AMERICA!? that seems like something we should be doing on enemy soil. why would we be doing that? DAMMIT PEOPLE, START QUESTIONING EVERYTHING. THE GOVT GETS AWAY WITH SO MUCH BECAUSE WE AS AMERICANS ARE SO QUICK TO BELIEVE WHAT WERE TOLD. THINK FOR YOURSELVES.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why are aircraft dropping decoys over the US?

Why do US pilots drop munitions on the US?

Training.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteboynolan

seriously man....seriously....i mean....seriously?

Why would they practice the deployment of chaff and flares in the US?

It's called training man, so they are well prepared to deploy them in times of war.

Why do infantry soldiers go to MOUT school? I mean why in the hell would the U.S. train its soldiers at home in urban combat BEFORE they deploy to a war zone. If I have to explain this to you you should probably head for the door amigo.

**edit**
damn it skellon, seems you have these people in check on this thread, i'm leaving it to you. Good game brother.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Sorry for my lowly intelligence, now could you please explain to me why there is so much on the radar? I suppose that it was a fleet of planes for some serious training?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Another weatherman has done this before????

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There is a lot of information on this site, and some great photos.
imageevent.com...

This is not going to be explained away by a few apologists with a copy of Popular Mechanics in their back pocket. I have lived a fairly long time and am in excellent health. I KNOW that sh*t is bad for me.
As far as being laughed at, I expect much worse from a government that has shown no hesitation to kill its citizens in every imaginable way. So yes, it fits the mold.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Chaff is dispensed as a 'burst'.

Think of a grenade or claymore full metal shavings, or foil strips exploding into the air behind the aircraft that dispensed them.

Confetti if you like.

It may well have been more than one aircraft dispencing them as most military aircraft operate in numbers.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

www.lakeeriewx.com...

or one of the other hundreds of documents explaining the effects and subsequent spread patterns that appear on doppler/radar. I'm done here, hope this helps buddy. Don't take it too personally, but your logic is flawed.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Agreed.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

You have been a member on ATS for a little over a week. Did you come here to educate the fools?
Looks like a tag team operation, no offense...
Anyway, if you seek to educate bring material, not just your opinion. We all have one, and yours is no better than the most ignorant amongst us, if you have no material.
These spraying operations have been going on all over the planet. Did YOU know that?
Day and night for years.
You just say it is training exercise and you are a fool if you believe otherwise.

Not good enough.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

OUTSTANDING...thank you. Boy, this is really troubling. What about the location being in proximity to the earthquakes, potential HARP activity?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I consider myself a skeptic on most conspiracy related topics, meaning that I don't follow a certain way of conspiratorial thinking just because it sounds intriguing or plausible, however, I have never had a single person that could explain the following to me:

If, like the debunkers on this issue believe, (most) everything we see in the sky today coming from airplanes are regular contrails, then why are those contrails:

a) Just now becoming a conspiracy shared by seemingly millions of people around the entire world? I know you could argue that this is due to the web 2.0 capabilities and us all being connected and this might ultimately give rise to unsubstantiated conspiracies just because it doesn't take much effort to participate. But there should be SOME people, even just a single loon writing a book or something, who would have entertained this concept, that is today fascinating millions on a daily basis both on the internet and in real-life observations, to make some money off of it.

b) Why am I and a LOT of other people absolutely sure that we have never witnessed this phenomenon when we were younger? I am 100% convinced that, being a frequent and fascinated observer of planes in the sky both as a child and growing up, I have NEVER seen multiple "contrails" spanning from horizon to horizon in my childhood, seemingly turning a perfectly blue sky into a grey mush within hours, albeit a forecast of clear skies throughout the day? Let alone on almost a daily basis?

c) Why is it, that in the span of a couple of days, where the temperature barely changes a degree, one day I witness every single plane, no matter the height, only trailing very short, vanishing contrails, while on the next day, I see the same phenomenon mixed with SOME of the planes leaving trails as far as the eye can see, at various heights, while others seem to fly at a similar altitude with no contrails whatsoever?

d) Why do the planes leaving "chemtrails" almost exclusively share the characteristics of being unmarked and white/grey vs. the mostly colourful commercial aircraft, even when you view them with a high-powered zoom lense?

e) Why are mainstream media frequently (at least here in Germany) reporting on "experiments" based on spraying chemicals into the sky for radar deflection or anti-global-warming efforts which seemingly allude to the phenomenon most of us witness in the skies today?

I wrote this up in a genuine quest for answers and to get all the angles on this phenomenon (phenomenon either for having been given birth out of nothing or as a valid observation in the skies), not to spur a debate that has been raging on these forums for a long time.

So please, if someone finds the time to educate me on the "debunkers" view on these questions, go ahead, I am listening.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishman

Excellent questions and observations.
Thanks for bringing "material" to the thread!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

AC130 dumping all chaff and flare at once, i presume this is normally done in short bursts, but thats a hell of a lot of countermeasures, im sure it could be spread over quite a distance

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
stewie, I provided evidence in my previous post.

Do 10 minutes of research and you will find the same.

This is by no means a tag team, just a few individuals who happen to share the same side of an argument. I came here to learn as well as to educate. I am not a skeptic, a "debunker" nor anything else you could throw a label on.

If I possess knowledge and/or information that I deem of use to a particular situation, I will certainly use it to voice my opinion as well as to educate my peers if possible.

I am not denying the existence of chemtrails in anyway, and if you believe so you might want to compile my posts in this thread and review them as a whole. I am merely disputing the claim that this particular instance is in any way shape or form evidence supporting the existence of said chemtrails.

Chaff radar/doppler anomalies have been researched by people far more educated on the subject than you or I. I have merely stated what I have learned from those individual efforts. I have posted a link and have stated that much more information is available via peer reviewed and reputable sources published on the web.

Please do not take this as an insult or a blow to the chemtrail "movement". I will support anything that is worthy of support in my opinion. That is all that we can do. People asked for a reasonable explanation and they got one.

As for the implications that this is a "tag" team job and by association that both of our names are in fact one user, I can only deny that and tell you that I am speaking for myself, as is skellon and anyone else other than me.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Yes it does...but who lacks common sense here?

Okay, I'm willing to admit that these are not chemtrails, if you people are willing to admit that our government is dumping chemicals upon us without our knowledge. The prescence of barium has been connected with this material above and beyond aluminum...barium is a neurotoxin.

Seems like people know an awful lot about chaff...and I thought it was the undesirable portion of wheat...I'm now educated about it's radar potential to save us from the missiles that are not in the air. Training Exercise? I would call Iraq a training exercise.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join