It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weatherman Slips... CHEM TRAILS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They were throwing conspiracy theorists out the back of the planes. What you are seeing is all the tin foil fluttering in the wind.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

It's used to disrupt radar. I can only assume that the reason it was being used over the US was because some base was running drills.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
well, I for one think that 200 mile long chaff cloud is a bit big for a aircraft Chaffe ejectors.. maybe a blip.. but I would say the area covered is greater than 75 square miles. what do you think.. thats a lot of chaffe.

Even more than 75 square miles if you ask me.

If it's so well known why is the Military so secretive about it?

Why so secretive about it on American soil?

Why on American soil at all?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

It is used during training and it is not used "all over".
www.iemr.org...

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Nobody is secretive about it. Just ask, they'll tell you about it.
Where to you propose the US train its pilots? Afghanistan?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Did I say I wanted it because of "chemtrails"?? NO. I love random videos where people are out of the ordinary. I want it because the weatherman stops giving the weather to lecture us on the good old days!! xD

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Oh...
Never mind then.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 11118

Nobody is secretive about it. Just ask, they'll tell you about it.
Where to you propose the US train its pilots? Afghanistan?

Okay well, I thought it was an interesting video and even more interesting the secrecy about THIS certain incident.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by 11118]

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No, chaff is certainly not "chemtrails". On the other hand as a former Radar Controller at Los Angeles Air Route Traffic Control Center, I can assure you that chaff does not appear in tendrils hundreds of miles long either. The sheer volumn of chaff required to cover an area as large as was depicted on the NEXRAD image would preclude the chaff explanation.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/979376909" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=76816667001&playerId=979376909&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://servic es.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">

that is the code. I am just now learning about embedding and stuff so if anyone cares to help me out with how to embed this it would be appreciated. Sorry about the mumbo jumbo though.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
reply to post by Phage

No, chaff is certainly not "chemtrails". On the other hand as a former Radar Controller at Los Angeles Air Route Traffic Control Center, I can assure you that chaff does not appear in tendrils hundreds of miles long either. The sheer volumn of chaff required to cover an area as large as was depicted on the NEXRAD image would preclude the chaff explanation.

And so the Conspiracy continues.

Star for you!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So it's less like a bowling ball dropped on my head and more like thousands of golf balls? Thats what you mean by dispersed, right?

What about the effects on grown food?

Why? Whats so valuble in the plane that they have to spray crap out of it? To hide from... their own radar?

So it masks the plane from radar, yet leaves a huge visible line leading to the plane on weather radar?

So, basically it makes it so the bad guys cant see where the plane is on standard radar.. but shows where the plane was/is heading in one glance from the big line and the shape of how its spread on weather radar.. sounds effective. At what costs to tax payers money and health?

I think I read somewhere here it was a training exercise. What are they training for? "Don't press the 'chaff on' switch, you weren't trained professionally to do so"

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There have been a couple of similar reports on German TV.

This is the most recent one on a state TV weather forecast. VERY similar to what the OP posted. There's English subs.

This is a short piece they ran on another TV station in 2008. Also English subs.

This is another short clip from the same station in the first video. There's no subs so let me summarize: They talk about sulfur being added to the fuel of airplanes, which converts to sulfur oxide in the exhaust and reflects sunlight. The point of this experiment is to test if this can be used to fight global warming. The report says those particles never reach the ground, according to the military, but in the same sentence questions that statements validity.

Those are the most overt reports on the subject, however, there's more of them.

So basically, in Germany, they admit that something is being done to the airspace by planes spraying chemicals on more than one occasion.

Seems to me they're preparing disclosure. I am a firm believer this is being done, for reasons I don't like to speculate about. But I can see it every other day with my own eyes and I have always watched planes in the sky with great interest since I was a little child. Something has changed, and now, that even mainstream television runs the occasional piece admitting "experiments", most of the debunking efforts leave me quite untouched.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't know what to say about the comment in the OP but for those of you who want to download the video, or any video anywhere for that matter, try using Save Vid. Works well.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishman

And more excellent finds. Star from me.

Line two just for you

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Chaff is designed to reflect radar. It doesn't take a lot of it to cover a large area. As the chaff slowly descends, it spreads into long tendrils.

The height of the release was ~18000 ft above radar level (ARL) with maximum reflectivity of 40.5 dBZ. An hour later at 2020 UTC, the chaff had stretched into narrow bands (Fig. 2). The leading edge of the chaff had progressed ~90 n mi at a height of 15200 ft ARL. The speed of 90 kt was much faster than winds at that height (~30 kt from 290 deg) indicating that a slow moving aircraft was dropping the chaff along a southeastward trajectory. In fact, it appears that several aircraft were involved owing to the presence of several parallel chaff echoes. Much of the chaff in the band closest to the radar can be seen on the 1.4 deg tilt. The maximum reflectivity was 40 dBZ on the lowest tilt. A vertical cross section through the chaff illustrates the vertical extent of the chaff "curtains" (Fig. 3).

www.wrh.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumr055

The purpose of chaff is to confuse the homing radar of enemy missiles trying to kill the airplane. Chaff does not make the plane invisible to radar. The enemy know the airplane is there, somewhere, but the missile has to know exactly where it is. The chaff keeps it from doing that.

The environmental effects have been independently studied.
www.iemr.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You gotta be kidding me, guys. Chaff is only released in brief clouds as a countermeasure.

There are however some applications in releasing large amounts of metal flakes over wide areas to use as an antenna for communications or sensing purposes.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To all the posters who say "hey its just chaff, big deal...", do you know how much chaff it takes to create a radar signature that big? Hint: its more chaff than you could put on a fleet of C-130's. A humongous amount!

Obviously, since the weatherman wasn't expecting precipitation in the area, maybe the USAF is involved. But why so much? What are they hiding?

Or is it cloud seeding?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychoacoustic1
To all the posters who say "hey its just chaff, big deal...", do you know how much chaff it takes to create a radar signature that big? Hint: its more chaff than you could put on a fleet of C-130's. A humongous amount!

Obviously, since the weatherman wasn't expecting precipitation in the area, maybe the USAF is involved. But why so much? What are they hiding?

Or is it cloud seeding?

This is the conclusion I come to.

If it's just chaff why is the military so secretive about it and why does it take up a significant volume of radar space?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join