It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this planet x? (no, it's Mars)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Can we not give this guy the benifit of doubt that he knows what he's talking about? he's spent a couple of grand on equiptment, this shows that he's at the very least interested enough to spend alot of money on stuff to further his knowlege.

Just because he spent a lot we should just believe what he says without question?

That is like saying that if I went snowboarding at my local slope, I should expect the person who bought the most expensive snowboard with all the top label gear, to be the best snowboarder on the mountain. Or at least that they must be far better than anyone who's hired or riding inferior equipment, and I should trust that they could teach me. I can tell you, it very rarely works out that way

I've just watched the videos. I found the notes in the third video interesting. After filming what appeared to be a satellite which can be seen every night, it was implied that there was a "rocket booster". To me, this appeared to be some kind of artifact (for lack of a better word), due to the fact that it had just gone past a star, and left a streak as the satellite separated from the star. Is this what could be expected to happen?

Also, I don't have any star observing software , so I can't check the co-ordinates. However, it seems at least 2 or 3 other posters have already done so, yet the poster of the videos claims they are all disinfo or paid off agents. I'm yet to be convinced of this.

IMO, the reason the "moon" is moving, could really be that Mars is moving, and the stars surrounding it are stationary (relatively). A few screenshots from the video's overlapped could expose this as being false. Perhaps that could be looked into? I haven't really got the hardware or the capabilities for this at the moment.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok, I made some edits to my post above so it makes some sense. I guess i was writing to fast and did not proof it. I'm not debunking the Op. Reason one it's not Mars like everyone says. that's why I took photos of mars, it's not bright at all. no where near as bright as what the Op has. just trying to prove a point here about mars in a low sky.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

It is Mars.
The video is using night vision. It makes things brighter.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SJE98

It is Mars.

I thought the Op was using IR.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SJE98

It is Mars.

I need to speak with some friends at white Sands and see what they got

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Could be Jupiter ,I filmed this with a sony dcr camcorder 40X optical zoom last year(13/7/09) and it clearly shows Jupiter's moon highlighted in a red box at 41 seconds. Very similar to the planet x video.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Night vision probably not exactly the right terminology.

It probably is picking up near infrared (as well as visible light) but it is also a low light camera. That can be seen when looking at the video of Orion's belt. The stars are very bright on the video.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've been following Nibiru, Nemesis, Death Star, The Destroyer, etc. for 7 yrs. Early into researching the topic I held great skepticism being so much disinfo & conflicting theories regarding timeline, orbit etc.

The march 11th article titled "Getting WISE about Nemesis" provides sum very interesting info which gives me no doubt our Sun is a binary system w/ a Brown Dwarf star companion.

i am amused when i read posts of those who claim this star could not exist based on logical thinking, history of solar systm and earth.

i cant prove it exists and u cant prove it does not!

if i remember clearly much of our universe is theory taken as truth because they said so!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
oh boy loner007 really needs to get some things into perspective! who's we? u got a frog in your pocket? simple logic should tell you to think before posting a reply. it really grinds my gears when somewhat intelligent beings assume with poor assumptions!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Oh what the heck, I thought I'd give it a go.

I've taken two screenshots. One from the first video, and one from the second. I've cropped these, pasted to Word, and chosen significant stars to align the images. I had to rotate one of them considerably, to get an alignment, then make the top image semi-transparent to see the difference.

I did this to see if the "moon" was actually moving around the alleged "planet X". If "planet X" was in fact, Mars, then we would see that Mars had moved while the alleged "moon" (a star) remained stationary.

First this is a screenshot with the top image, vid 1, overlayed with no transparency.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04a5acfe0473.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a screenshot, with the top image set to a transparency of 60%. You can clearly see the image from vid 2 behind it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9d9f098023.jpg[/atsimg]

I have circled the 3 main stars I used to align the images. I have also circled the star that has appeared to remain stationary, while the alleged "planet X" has obviously moved, as Mars would be expected to do so.

I accept that this is not the clearest to see. This may lead many to think I have manipulated or lied or I am some kind of disinfo agent (but then again, it doesn't take much
). If you refuse to accept this, you can do it yourself and see if you come to a different conclusion. And if anyone can portray this any clearer, please do so.

PS. I had to resize the images to 70% of initial image to get it to fit on the screen. I hope it has worked

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

You too with the photoshopping?
Stellarium supports your work. Mars displays the same amount and direction of movement.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So does that make me a disinfo agent too?

BTW, I have the original images in my album if anyone wants to see them a little clearer.

[edit on 8/4/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Working on a promotion?

BTW, Where's that wave in your avatar? I'm a goofy foot.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LX200GPS_3
Intereresting that 3-4 people were able to come up with an exact match overlay with the specific date and time down to the second of my video clip and were able to match it up perfectly.

Sorry, it's really easy to modify a black still clip with Photoshop. This is the oldest trick in the book.

Someone easily took a snap shot still of my footage and lowered the brightness to almost black. Then they blackened out a few stars and circled the object in question and labeled it Mars. They then brightened a few stars here and there and added some to make it look a little different. Then said it came from Stellarium. Oldest trick in the book! Sorry, i'm not buying it. NICE TRY!

I'm not sure where your heading with this. Personally I would be willing to accept that you may have indeed found something odd but to claim that this is Nibiru first off is quite a large claim to make. For this extraordinary claim one must show extraordinary evidence and be willing to follow where further evidence leads.

Look, I'm trying to help you here.

You claim people here photo-shopped Stellarium just to debunk your Nibiru theory?
Maybe they did, I don't really know.
How can anyone tell who is doing the photo-shopping, who is lying and who is making false claims?
Maybe their evidence is bunk but again maybe yours is. By weighing the options here I would have to side with those claiming that this is Mars and not Nibiru because Mars is much, Much easier to accept. Occums razor big time here.

If you wish to be given the benefit of the doubt that this is not Mars then why do you insist that it is instead Nibiru? I for one know a little bit about Nibiru and from what I know and see here, there is no reason to assume that this is that planet and I have not seen any evidence to cause me to think otherwise yet. It's true that I doubt Nibiru is a real planet as Zecharia Sitchin has claimed but it would be wrong to say that it is impossible.

If you have really found something that has not been seen before then lets approach it in a scientific manner. If you did manage to discover something new in the night sky then you will be famous. My point is you keep sticking to this Nibiru idea as though it were some obsession. This is by no means the way new celestial objects are discovered nor will anyone take you seriously if you maintain this approach. You go over the top by claiming that these people here are on some Nibiru smear campaign, WTF is that all about?

I am curious about your 3 or 4 astronomy friends. What do they think, who are they and why aren't they grounding your imagination here? You obviously need some grounding and that is what some of the members here are trying to do in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Promotion? When do I get my first pay cheque

Ahhh... Only one of NZ's most (non)secret spots. You can't really see the main break in the pic, it got cropped out. Without naming spots... I'll give you a hint. The outside section you see, is known as "Boneyards". (You'd love it there
)

[edit on 8/4/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Great job!!

I noticed that the images (video 1, 2 and 3) seemed as though they were rotated to give the effect that this smaller object was an orbiting moon. I didn't have the time to do the over lay to find out if this was the case, I am glad that you spent the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Look! Where did I ever say in all the 3 videos or anywhere else that this is Planet X or Nibiru??? I NEVER claimed this object to be Nibiru or Planet X. Please re-read the titles of my videos. The titles of the videos have a question mark next to Planet X(?) - if you read it.

Btw, this is how my girlfriend likes to start debates with me. She spins things I say around, and then we waste the whole day debating and wasting time over something completely rediculous. lol!

If you have an open mind then maybe it is plausible that it just might be Planet X or Nibiru - this is all I am pointing out.

What I am claiming in these 3 videos is this is 100% NOT Mars and what in the heck is the orbiting object??

I'm not really interested in proving that this is not MARS anymore. I know 100% that it isn't, Nor am I into debating this with anyone anymore. I will continue doing my vids and you guys can continue trying to debunk everything.

I thought this site what better than this. Unfortunately, it appears to have turned into a site just like GLP.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Devino

Look! Where did I ever say in all the 3 videos or anywhere else that this is Planet X or Nibiru??? I NEVER claimed this object to be Nibiru or Planet X. Please re-read the titles of my videos. The titles of the videos have a question mark next to Planet X(?) - if you read it.

You are saying it is "plausible". For it to be plausible, we need to rule out any chance of it likely being a commonly observed body. Many people have shown quite convincingly that this looks to be Mars.

If you have an open mind then maybe it is plausible that it just might be Planet X or Nibiru - this is all I am pointing out.

If having an open mind means not accepting anything that's contrary to your point of view, no wonder your girlfriend argues with you

What I am claiming in these 3 videos is this is 100% NOT Mars and what in the heck is the orbiting object??

How exactly have you shown it to be "100% NOT Mars"? You have pointed us to a blank spot on Google Sky. And panned around a fraction of the sky to show the 'object' was the brightest seen.

I showed that the object you are claiming is "orbiting" is actually stationary when compared to other stars and the bright 'object', which is moving (as Mars would be expected to). It took a bit of rotating of the videos to get them to line up, though.

You are asking people to have an open mind. Well are you capable of reviewing the information posted which seems to prove that this is Mars? Because claiming there is a giant smear campaign and everything else is disinfo, without evidence, doesn't seem like a very 'open minded' thing to do

I'm not sure what you thought ATS was supposed to be, but the motto is "deny ignorance". If you want to make claims that this is definitely not Mars, perhaps you should get your astronomer friends to provide a little more convincing evidence, or explain your reasoning more clearly. That is of course, if you want to deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
LX200GPS_3 is jcattera from youtube. Hoax, hoaxer, hoaxest. (That's just for the search engines...)

So why did you ONLY use the terms planetx in the title and description, if that wasn't what you are claiming? Give me a break. How is it that you didn't know MARS would be right there? Funny it didn't even get a mention, but the incorrect coordinates did..

Did you seriously think you would get away with the completely different coordinates, deliberately chosen to be a blank area (of which there are *many*) on GSky?

FAIL.

Btw, this is how my girlfriend likes to start debates with me.

Nice attempt at distraction. In the same vein, maybe your girlfriend is smarter than you... Do you think that sort of conversation achieves anything? No? Then drop it.

Why couldn't it also be Mars, given THAT is the object right where the scope is pointing, as has been demonstrated comprehensively.
As for your RIDICULOUS assertion that people are photoshopping Stellarium, I gather you aren't aware that Stellarium is OPEN SOURCE, free to download, and is the prime reference tool for literally hundreds of thousands of astronomers, both amateur and professional. Those same astronomers use paper charts, books, even their own calculations to verify Stellarium's output, and even you can go and look at all the equations and calculations that Stellarium uses, or compare it to hundreds of other planetarium programs. It cannot possibly be 'faked' or photoshopped and for you to suggest such silliness gives away that you are NOT, by even the remotest stretch of imagination, an astronomer.

STEP AWAY FROM THAT SCOPE. You'll hurt yourself.

It IS mars, and the 'orbiting' object is a star. Would you like me to identify it? I can, as can many here. And as shown above, MARS moves, the star does not. And you have completely and utterly failed to show any sign of circular or elliptical motion, so why do you extend this silliness?

I'm not really interested in proving that this is not MARS anymore. I know 100% that it isn't

Then you are committing yourself to error for the rest of your life, and proving you are not interested in the truth. Do you perhaps work for a site selling books or videos?

All I can say is... GO, girlfriend. (Meant in many ways..) Have you shown her this thread?

Nor am I into debating this with anyone anymore.

I ran that through Google translate:
"(Expletive) - these folk know astronomy. I better run for it, while pretending I know more than them.. - they'll never spot it..."

I will continue doing my vids and you guys can continue trying to debunk everything.

We shall. It's BUNK. And your name is now here for all search engines, jcattera, so you can't run and hide like you can at Youtube. Go back there and live out your dream where there is a constant supply of naive folk - if you keep suppressing comments, how can you lose?? (I see you didn't like mine much.)

I thought this site what [sic] better than this. Unfortunately, it appears to have turned into a site just like GLP.

Yes, even some of the folk at GLP can spot a hoaxer.

(In case you haven't noticed, this sort of time-wasting tripe really annoys me...)

PS - BTW, you could try to salvage this a little by claiming it was all a joke, to show how gullible people can be. But after some of your comments, I don't think even that is gunna fly..

[edit on 8-4-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LX200GPS_3

OK, my mistake then. I was responding to the words that I read and heard in your video and to many of the posters here that were running wild with theories. Perhaps I should come at this from a different angle.

You claim to have found an unknown object in the sky.

Is it planet X?
Trans-Neptunian planets such as Pluto, Sedna, etc..., are very difficult to find with even the best equipment and I highly doubt amateur scopes like what we have will ever find one so we can rule this out.

Is this the Fabled Nibiru?
I think this is pretty much one man's theory from interpreting Sumerian tablets and I don't think this should be relied on for a basis of your investigation. There are many problems with Sitchin's theory and besides I think Nibiru is said to come from the Southern sky in a retrograde orbit. Never-the-less this should be ruled out if for no other reason than to avoid misunderstandings as we have had in this thread.

Is this a brown dwarf star or Nemesis star?
If this were a star with such a large apparent magnitude that would mean it is close and why hasn't it been observed and reported? This theory raises too many questions to be plausible, don't you think? I mean NASA could be hiding things from the public but come on! I would at least consider this highly unlikely.

If we were to start over again and remove all of the rhetoric what would we have?
Your claim of an unknown object in the sky at the coordinates given.

The weather here is very poor so I cannot use my scope and I think there has been at least one other member posting that has looked for this object with his telescope and could not find it. By the look at your video it should be very easy to spot, you filmed it with a simple camcorder, so why hasn't anyone else seen this yet? With such an important discovery as this there should be a myriad of people talking about it.

The first thing you need to do is verify this object is at the said coordinates from an independent source. Again what do your astronomy friends think? Your correct, you don't need to prove that this is not Mars but you most certainly do need to get confirmation from an outside source.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join