It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this planet x? (no, it's Mars)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
All i can say about this "Nibiru" is, B*!@#S%&*T.
I did start to believe it at one point about 6 months ago but then i realised well... where has it been all this time?
if its been nowhere near our planet then its got to have been near a different planet, especially if it was 3,600 years away from us, how comes it hasnt destroyed a different planet already.
just because its in our orbit doesnt mean it wont go by a different planet does it?
im not an astronomer or anything but im sure planets stick to there own orbit around the sun but then again this isnt really a planet if its orbiting ours, so where does it go?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LX200GPS_3

LX200GPS_3 (aka jcattera) Welcome to ATS and thank you for joining as I have a few comments for you. I don't know about any dis-info agents or smear campaigns going on but I would like to point out a big mistake you continually make in how you classify this object. Personally I have read many books and articles by Sitchen, Velikovsky, Hancock and others about alternative astronomy and archaeology. I find these subjects to be very fascinating yet I also reserve some skepticism.

I can tell that you haven't researched this as much as I have by the manner in which you group all of those theories together. When you go on about planet X/Nibiru and then talk about this possibly being a brown dwarf star I question your intention.

Are you aware of the error you are making here?

Do you understand the difference between these theories that you are throwing out there?

Planet X and Nibiru are two completely different things and are usually grouped together by doomsday hoaxers. Lately many have been talking about Nibiru as a brown dwarf star, this mistake has HOAX written all over it. The theory for a binary stellar orbit is again completely different to Nibiru. I have read several articles about this and it has nothing to do with Nibiru, take a look for yourself...
Binary Research Institute

Let's not talk about the Nemesis star as this is possibly yet another theory added into an already convoluted topic. You may know a lot about astronomy but, from my perspective, you don't know anything about your titled topics. If you think this could be Nibiru then do some research on that topic and try to stick to this one theory for now. Further research on the orbital characteristics of the fabled "planet" (not star) Nibiru will help you determine if this is or is not what you have been looking at. I cannot begin to list what I have read about these above theories here but I think you will find that this cannot be Nibiru by the evidence given from Sitchen.

It was my opinion that from these mistakes you made that your whole presentation is bogus. If you throw all of these different theories around in a haphazardly way why should we take anything you claim seriously? I could be wrong and I hope you see my point. When I get a clear night I will look through my scope at the coordinates you gave, apparently the same coordinates that Google sky has blocked out BTW.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Devino]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I've noticed, and it's a shame that, some of the people in charge of replacing opinionated posts regarding obvious disinfo agents in favour of "off-topic" and "offensive" signs don't actually remove some of the same type of posts from the person in question which are no less abusive.

I never swore and did display decorum, unlike the sign suggests, therefore if he can call someone a fool why can't I call him a disinfo agent and say that I don't like him for it? What's wrong with that? Someone's friends with a few mods is what it seems like...

IMO it's not "off-topic" to tell someone in a blatant and honest manner that you want them to stop spreading crap and trying to break-up the topic, especially if they constantly do it and it sucks to have to read it over and over and over again. Where's the justice, or at least equality...

I bet you will even remove this as "off-topic" (it's sad really). End of.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

I did not "break-up" the topic, whatever that is supposed to mean. My posts were on topic, addressing both the hoax video and the maker of that video. The maker is a fool to think that no one would be able to see through his hoax. Calling the hoaxer what he is, is on topic because he perpetrated the hoax. Yes,it was my opinion. An educated opinion. ATS is about opinions.

Your posts and others which were moderated contained nothing but comments about me, with no content regarding the topic of this thread. I am not the topic of the thread.

See the difference? Maybe you should start a thread titled "Phage is a Disinfo Agent". Then you can discuss me all you want. I might even join in.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
so c'mon then phage which nefarious government agency do you work for? spreading your evil facts and evidence, we the people of the internet demand to know!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hmm... You'd like that wouldn't you lol. Now I think that would be a post that receives a lot of attention, but unfortunately it's not my style.

Also, in creating your suggested topic, I wouldn't want to give you (or the people you work for) the satisfaction of knowing just who likes you and who doesn't, or information on who is taking the bait onboard and who isn't (for your/their future reference).

I'd bet in a poll, however, that most people are sick of the way you speak to people who are no less in any way than yourself.

I'm only really interested in my own opinion when it comes to yourself, which has been gained (as I said) over a long period of time and with many chances given to you to redeem yourself as someone who is genuinely impartial; but sorry, regardless of this particular topic, I've made my mind up now and I'm happy about the decision which was genuinely hard for me as I don't dislike many people.

Before I took it I looked back through your posts and comments on various topics, and the way you speak to people who are interested in all things conspiratorial or controvercial is one where you don't simply "just" offer opinion as you state, you do go way beyond in most cases these days, and that was what did it for me. Plus IMHO your slant seems to be that of a dis-info agent over a skeptic, and it isn't just me who sees it, and that as they say was that.

You can have this removed/remove this mods if you want, but this isn't a horrible or nasty post in any way. I simply feel you needed an honest explanation as I am genuinely impartial and unbiased when it comes to other people putting effort in on their topics to question things.

I did used to enjoy your posts when I first came here twice the age of my membership ago (at least). Something changed somewhere along the lines and what you deem applicable and fair now runs against me rather than through or alongside me. Take it as you want it.

Sorry, and thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neilc1972
so c'mon then phage which nefarious government agency do you work for? spreading your evil facts and evidence, we the people of the internet demand to know!!

It's not ALL facts and evidence...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

Your opinion is your own, whether you're talking about Phage or any other member in this thread who provided evidence against the hoaxer in question.

But... I don't think its the member you have a problem with, or the style they use when they write, I think the problem lies in accepting reality and accepting facts once they appear in front of you as a brick wall as you're traveling 200 miles an hour. It would hurt once that wall is hit with such force, over and over again...

Don't take that the wrong way, just something I've observed throughout this thread.

By the way, this youtube user in question should automatically have any of his videos redirected to the hoax forum. This was clearly intentional. As another member here famously stated once; "Don't pee on my back and tell me its raining".

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruWarrior

Originally posted by Neilc1972

It's not ALL facts and evidence...

look i dont know the guy personally but he obviously draws his research from reputable, peer reviewed sources which is a hell of a lot more than can be said for most people on here. can you back up any of your psudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo in a similar fashion? im all for keeping an open mind and exploring new ideas, but if theres no evidence gained through using proper scientific method to back these ideas up then its all just b*****ks im afraid

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Sorry Dude but i have figured the whole planet X thing out. I am almost certain Planet X is A golf Ball that Millions Of years Ago Was Hit Out Of the Atmosphere By Enki And all his golfing buddys. The Ball Got Stuck On a 3,600 year oliptical orbit so the game couldnt be called, The annuaki are returning in 2012 to see who won. Bets can be paid and hopefully Those golf mad nutters the annunaki will reveal them selves and fill in the gaps in our understanding ie wtf is the universe?

just a thought. justjames.ask about me

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
loner007 - Actually, the Earth WAS hit by another large planet very early on in the creation of the solar system - the mass ejection of matter is what eventually created the moon.

I'm not convinced that there is a mysterious "Planet X" out there, or a twin star to our sun that orbits every 25,000 years (which is another popular theory out there).

Several psychics have come up with a "12 object solar system" theory in that there are 11 major entities orbiting the sun (the 12th entity that most numerologists / psychics appear to ignore for some inexplicable reason). Phychics will tell you that there is a planet inside the sun's corona and another larger planet outside the orbit of Pluto. I say horse hockey to both theories.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

FOLKS!! THIS... IS...NOT... MARS !!!

Intereresting that 3-4 people were able to come up with an exact match overlay with the specific date and time down to the second of my video clip and were able to match it up perfectly.

Sorry, it's really easy to modify a black still clip with Photoshop. This is the oldest trick in the book.

Someone easily took a snap shot still of my footage and lowered the brightness to almost black. Then they blackened out a few stars and circled the object in question and labeled it Mars. They then brightened a few stars here and there and added some to make it look a little different. Then said it came from Stellarium. Oldest trick in the book! Sorry, i'm not buying it. NICE TRY!

As you are ALL aware, the Nibiru story probably has the biggest dis-info smear campaign of any conspiracy out there, and it's just my luck that I happen to stumble into this can of worms. Any talk of Nibiru is attacked. I'm not even claiming this is Planet X or Nibiru. I'm just saying this isn't mars so what is it? And what the hell is the orbiting object around it?? Instead of going on a debate whether or not this is even Nibiru??

I will be posting another 4th video to prove this is NOT MARS. I'm not saying this is Nibiru or Planet X, or whatever object you want to call it, but it is NOT MARS. This is confirmed 3 times and with 4 astronomers. My mount was perfectly set on my telescope - Meade LX200GPS

I'm not calling you guys chicken, but some people can't handle the truth so they try to debunk everything that doesn't fits into their reality. I for one, hope to never see Nibiru in my lifetime 'cause I know what kind of destruction comes with it.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by LX200GPS_3]

[edit on 8-4-2010 by LX200GPS_3]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Gall dang.

My thread is in the section with the bald redneck with a huge hillbilly beard.

Dag nabbit.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by downtown436]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LX200GPS_3

Freaking A!!

Post your vid right here!

Lets blow these de-bunkers into the weeds.

I don't care if the officials say this is a hoax!

That is awesome that you would come join us.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
1st photo Mars. Near lower right corner
2nd photo Close up of mars . cant miss it in this photo I took tonight.
3rd 4th and 5th Photo of Betelquse and Bellatrix together. Times are in the lower right corner of the photos. I took photos of mars because It's very close by and It's not that bight even being in some what a low sky. So as for the OP film being Mars , I don't think so.

I took the photos at a very long exposure time.

What the OP might have seen is Betelquse HIP- 27989, 427 light years away.
Bellatrix HIP 25336, 243 light years away.

Betelquise is low in the southwest united states sky with Bellatrix at this time

Betelquise is the very bight object in the photos 3,4 and 5 with Bellatrix at a little more distance..

So the OP might have seen Betelquse and Bellatrix closer together than they are now. Both at some distance apart as of tonight. you can see this from the photos compared to the Op’s Photos. It looks kind like what the Op filmed, but I cant be sure what The Op seen. Anyway This show last about 2 hours MST 7:30-9:30. in the southwest sky USA.

Mars is just above Betelquse and Bellatrix to the upper left in the southwest sky.

Photo Direct Links. TiFF Images.

Mars 1 Mars Photo 1

Mars Close Up

Betelquse and Bellatrix

Photo 1

Photo 2

Low in The Sky . Very Bright

[edit on 8-4-2010 by SJE98]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Stars do not change their positions relative to each other.
Planets do change their positions relative to stars.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don’t think this should have been placed in the Hoax section. I’m still working on the op’s theory here. So far I found Betelquse and Bellatrix. from my star charts and there positions in the sky for April 2010. They both were very close together a few days ago .Lets give the Op a chance here. By the way The op did not film mars. I just took a photo of mars and it’s not that bright as you can see in my post above.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know stars don't change there positions. I'm just pointing some Possibilities out. Im not trying to debunk the Op in anyway. I'm trying to do a process of
Elimination.

If the Op can give some positions I'll put these on my scope. I just don't know where to look

[edit on 8-4-2010 by SJE98]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

I guess I misunderstood.

So the OP might have seen Betelquse and Bellatrix closer together than they are now. Both at some distance apart as of tonight. you can see this from the photos compared to the Op’s Photos. That the distance is growing apart from these two.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

PennyQ and Phage have both shown this to be a hoax. And when the video creator signs up and accuses them of photoshopping his own video to show what it really is doesn't build his credibility at all. You would have to be damn good at editing to colorise his vid and make it look just like Google Maps for example lol

I am glad to have members like Phage, even if a lot of you slate them and accuse them of everything under the sun. They add level headed and grounded discussion to this site.

I've posted.... maybe a dozen times since signing up and I've already been called a disinfo agent for asking for proof on different subject and also by someone who has done the same in this thread earlier. You can't paint everyone who shares a different view on reality with the same brush.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join