It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by simranjits

An rpg is pointed, not cylindrical like the guy who was crouching had. The hump for the viewfinder is also visible. Thats not what a rpg looks like.

Right, just like the shape we see here. This is not a ball, its a cylinder that tapers to a point:

AFA the guy "crouching behind the corner. I very much suspect that was a camera with a long telephoto lens. Ever seen a really high-end camera with a big lens on it? They are NOT small.... and if it were some kind of weapon, ESPECIALLY AN RPG, don't you think the guy would have fired it?!

duhhhh........

Why take up a defensive posture for taking pictures, especially in a warzone? What were they supposed to fire at? Do you think the apace was just chilling over top of them? If so, its a clue as to why you buy in to this so easily.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

The apache is not visible or known to them , it is able to take video from a long standoff. I was saying cylindrical about the 2nd pic , the crouching one where the gunner says is a rpg. Funny how he knows the first one is not an rpg and mistakes it for a ak47. The first one might be rpg but i don't see the two grips at the bottom. Thats why i conclude it is a tripod. Thats the only possibility for a object like that shape with strap.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
What you are suggesting is illegal and I'm shocked you even mentioned it.

I mentioned it because for centuries it was the basic definition of war. Like I said, and I will hold fast to this, the change to the current "acceptable" theoreticaly kinder/gentler war model is what has caused such lengthy, fiscally ridiculous, unproductive wars. If we still fought wars like wars were intended to be fought, our soldiers would be home now and the Middler East would be much more peacefull.

link   

Originally posted by SFwife

Originally posted by Reading
Funny hows its always american troops doing this sort of thing.

I always hear americans saying how they have the best trained army in the world bla bla bla priding themselves on the latest toys and gadgets.

But seriously what sort of training can these guys of had to do things like this?

Truth is the grunts are way under trained or uneducated.

I felt the same watching this video of these murders as i did when i read about the 7 or 8 'freindly' fire incidents when we lost alot of our troops because of the gung ho cowboys.

Shame on anybody that supports this war

Really ? That is funny considering EVERY country under the sun does everything possible to get their ELITE Soldiers over here to the US to train with our BEST
I know this as a fact ..so to me its sooo
You would say that ,but I have come to realize this forum is full of know it all posters ,who don't always know jack .I mean especially on certain subjects ,but hey how could they

Funny how you don't know much either?

'Delta Force' or Detatchment D were created after a high ranking US military official spent time at Hereford in England, training with the Special Air Service.

Most of NATO's special forces were trained by the S.A.S.

link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Why would someone be messing with their weapon in the middle of the street? Wouldn't the weapon be ready before they stepped out on the street? I know MINE would!

Exactly why the guy loading an RPG is taking a defensive position behind a wall.

When only 2 people "suposedly" had weapons.

I counted 3 that I could find and the guys in the Apache saw more. They are trained for that sort of ting, we aren't. I do have enough training to know what I picked out are definitely weapons.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by blupblup
What you are suggesting is illegal and I'm shocked you even mentioned it.

I mentioned it because for centuries it was the basic definition of war. Like I said, and I will hold fast to this, the change to the current "acceptable" theoreticaly kinder/gentler war model is what has caused such lengthy, fiscally ridiculous, unproductive wars. If we still fought wars like wars were intended to be fought, our soldiers would be home now and the Middler East would be much more peacefull.

Actually if we fought wars as they were intended to be fought, we'd never have started any of those wars in the first place.

You usually need a reason to start a war.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

An rpg is pointed, not cylindrical like the guy who was crouching had. The hump for the viewfinder is also visible. Thats not what a rpg looks like.

Ever seen a monopod? It's standard issue for shooters with large lenses...

HERE 'S A MONOPOD

[edit on 5-4-2010 by atlguy]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
guy loading rpg. You must mean the camera man taking pictures?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
this is disgusting, we are over there killing innocents just for oil. i hate the American military. they knew what they where doing, they just wanted to kill people

link   
If you goto www.collateralmurder.com... it talks about what the purpose of this video is suppose to show you.

even IF the group of people had AK-47s or RPGs, it still does not justify the shooting onto the VAN and on the person trying to rescue the wounded man.

Transcript goes like this

"Roger. We have a black SUV-uh bongo truck picking up the bodies. Request permission to engage."

"This is Bushmaster Seven, roger"
"This is Bushmaster Seven, roger. Engage"

link   

Originally posted by Bunny-chan
I don't understand the issue here. Anybody who moves around on the ground in Iraq with what even appears to be weapons is a combatant. This is a war zone and they should expect to be killed. This kind of stuff goes on every day. Yet here people are SHOCKED SHOCKED. It is just crazy. Have you been living under a rock somewhere??

Hogwash fallacious reasoning ...

Murders happen every day as well, does not mean we shouldn't be appalled when they happen nor does it mean we shouldn't prosecute the offenders.

These soldiers are supposed to be professionals, trained to discriminate targets, trained to avoid civilian casualties, and certainly not trained to enjoy or thrive in their execution of innocents.

ENOUGH with the "put yourselves in their shoes" rationalization .... again, if this is "normal and justifiable" the military wouldn't have tried to bury it from the public!

link   
Thanks for the info and the link for CNN guys. I've submitted this as well. I don't expect much though, media has no credibility any more.

Kharron

reply to post by schrodingers dog

link   
So no mention of this video on any news channels?....Plenty of 'distractions' though, almost as though someone wants to divert our attention!

My quake alert on Fifefox has been going crazy all day (more than I've known since installion), Tiger 'groan' Woods returning to the Masters and the attacks on the Pakistan US consulate...not too mention the Space Shuttle!

Shocking this does not even get a mention.

link   
Ive only seen a bit of it keeps freezing,

NOTHING NEW

As this post and the video's I show from 2008 show anyhow!!!US Military Why?

So if you cant to see this one yet there is 4 videso on this thread from 2 years ago some 18+ showing marines shooting civilians and laughing, women and children to.

However not all the services do this, the problem is if someone tries to whistelblow well its over for them as a career and friendships.

I just hope this video brings wider attention to the lack of control, training and disciplinary actions taken in the forces.

In fact I will post the entire post here, hope you understand Mods VERY relevant.

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
To those who say they are not "Brainwashed" but carrying out orders.

Well do you not think for yourselves?

Many who state here they are marines etc and do not agree with the War or rather reasons that you are in Iraq, but Following Orders so its sort of ok?

Maybe civilians cant quite work that out.

Protecting whose freedom?

The Freedom of Oil executives and bush's friends?

Not yours or your countries at all, the world is a much more dangerous place because of these "Brave" men's actions under orders.

Maybe we cant figure that out.

Lets look at a KNOWN marines not a poster on here with no proof eh.

Brave Marines killing an injured unarmed man, and cheering.

Smiling and saying it was a "good feeling".

Maybe that's why us civilians don't get it.

Your high standards and bravery seem apparent.

Or this Honest marines interview about firing into a crowd of admitted unarmed civilians, who you say you are meant to be upholding their and your country men's right to free speech?

Staff Sergeant Marines:

Google Video Link

Can we trust his known experience beyond people posting what they say they have seen or done, or known people who have been there?

Lets see the bravery, and apparent non brainwashed or non murderous ways again, where US Marines gang Raped a 14 year old girl and then Killed the family:

Now this Freedom of expression you are fighting for means of the Videos cant be linked from You Tube it results in Invalid parameters..... mmm.... so lets show you the links and have a look at these:

US Apoligies For Killing Spree against Civilians Marines fire indiscriminately into Civilians in a Bazaar few days After another Marine Was Killed in Revenge!

That's not honourable soldiers.

That's not brave or manly, its Sick and Murder!

And made my world a lot more dangerous!

Or how about Marines Wooping and laughing as they Kill Innocent Civilians as they drive past them " I got 30 Into that Bitch" " Hooooraaa Yipeee" high pitched like a girl

Here:

Direct Link You Tube Marines killing civilians Graphic murder over 18 only and Profanities

Brave Men?

Brainwashed Children if you ask me.

Not all Soldiers are like this, but it seems that a large part of the US army is... shall I add the videos of Soldiers Firing into civilian Cars for fun and laughing to?

This is not Flaming, just I don't need to read peoples accounts on here of who you say you are, or who you know, in today's world its all there for us to see ourselves.

That's what us cissy civilians don't get.

How you can laugh as you destroy lives, fathers, mothers & children and than call yourselves brave.

Disgusted

Elf.

Because the freedom of speech wont let you link easily, maybe not at all in the USA!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
I've watched the video twice. Once as a journalist, once as a dad. The scenes of the troops running with the two children is heartbreaking. Imagine how that soldier felt - running with that child, knowing that our boys did the damage. Makes me want to hug my daughters.

If the soldier running with the kid is anything like the one who opened fire, i wonder whether those kids ever made it to the hospital.

These guys were having a great time popping people off as evidenced by their LAUGHTER.
I hope those kids got some kind of help, but if they do survive you can bet what their opinion of America will be should they grow up.

I wish everyone in the world was somehow able to watch this.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The video is appalling.

For as long as people carry on with this attitude of "It's war", then wars will go on and on and on and on and on.

We might as well have a nuclear war, because that's the only way it's going to end.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunny-chan
I don't understand the issue here. Anybody who moves around on the ground in Iraq with what even appears to be weapons is a combatant. This is a war zone and they should expect to be killed. This kind of stuff goes on every day. Yet here people are SHOCKED SHOCKED. It is just crazy. Have you been living under a rock somewhere??

What? Innocent people can't trust the Army to look properly and not kill them?

Innocent people and Children can't go for a walk down the street without a bunch of Blood Thirsty Hooligans wanting to kill them from an Aircraft?
I would have thought, that guns being carried to protect themselves from Criminals other than the soldiers, would be the norm.

C'mon.. There might be a war going on but, you expect them to stay locked up in their homes? We're not back in the 1940's you know..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
after the initial shock of what I saw, I have one thing to add. If you pray, please pray for the soldiers. Pray that this will end so no more monsters are created. When the gunner finishes his tour and comes home, he will have the images of those on the wrong end of the barrel in his mind forever. Pray that somehow, we as humans will finally learn that indiscriminate killing is the most senseless thing ever. Pray that world leaders finally get whatever it is they want. Power, oil, money, stuff, whatever. let them have it. then let them not have any more war. This has to stop. it has to.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
BBC Link

news.bbc.co.uk...

"The video is of high quality and appears to be authentic, the BBC's Adam Brookes in Washington says.

It is accompanied by a recording of the pilots' radio transmissions and those of US troops on the ground.

The video shows a street in Baghdad and a group of about eight people, whom the helicopter pilots deem to be insurgents.

It then shows the individuals on the street being shot dead with the Apache's cannon.

Then, a van drives onto the scene, and its occupants appear to start picking up the wounded.

It, too, is fired upon. Altogether, around 12 people die. Two children appear to be injured. "

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to ATS (not that any force could have kept it from here once it was released).

I admit to being effected and to being upset.

Then again, I'm a big sissy who screams for peace over the roar of war. I am sure what I demand from the human race is not practical...but it is surly logical.

I hate death and can not support accidental or intentional killing. I guess that makes me a bad American.

Anyways...again...thanks...

I was hoping this video was a hoax.

My hope was not enough to make this "not true".

I do not blame the soldiers, the enemy, the war, money, politics or anything that would validate or dismiss this.

I simply do not tolerate the idea of killing for any reason.

And this case is no different.

God bless those who die.

God forgive those who kill.

God save us all from all of our Gods.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think this is pertinent to the discussion at hand

That uniform you wear is MINE! I ALLOW you to wear in on MY BEHALF. It belongs to ME and represents MY WISHES. If you DISHONOR IT, you dishonor ME! And if I SAY you DISHONOR it, then there is no question YOU HAVE. Every deed you do while in MY uniform reflects on ME, either GOOD or BAD. And, if you deny anything I just said, then you are NOT an ‘American Soldier!’
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That message needs to be spread around!
People are forgetting what it means

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join