It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A higher-quality streaming version, posted by a member, has been added to the opening post of this thread, and included here:

(click to open player in new window)

You can download the original WikiLeaks video of our media servers here: CollateralMurder.mp4 (206mb)
(Should be more convenient, and generally faster to download than a torrent.)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
MOre sickness here from Blackwater

In a car in Iraq, this one actually made me vomit first time I saw it.

And this one tears to my eyes, Have to prove you are 18 to watch:

GRAPHIC WARNING Civilaind Women & Children Being Murdered Iraq

This new video is just that new, we all know whats been going on for years, often by Blackwater not even the army.

Why has everyone ignored the proof of gangrape, murder etc till now?

Elf

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks to Wikileaks and the anonymous whistleblower!!

However... I need some context!

From what I see on the video the helicopters were not being fired on???

I am guessing the helicopters were there to support an ongoing operation? So far I haven't been able to find any background. But if they were not being fired upon then their actions were criminal. Maybe it's just me... but if I were an insurgent with Apache helicopters circling overhead I'd probably wouldn't be walking down the street with my AK or RPG. IMHO the people did not appear to be obviously armed and threatening nor did they seem concerned about the helicopters. That would have been the first tip off for me to take a moment before killing every f**king thing that moves!

IMHO their actions were not justified or acceptable. I mean they couldn't wait a minute for the passerby to clear before releasing the Hellfire missiles????WTF!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nick112

Its Tiger Woods the celebrity.OMG!!!!
That MUST be more important then a few dead journalists and a warcrimes story right??

This makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MahNameABorat

If it updates every hour I am sure more than 359 people saw it within the first hour.

It is just so that the video doesn't make the top popular vids. ALSO YouTube can manually remove videos from the top popular list if they deem necessary so it's gonna wild.

I hope you are right though, YouTube has no right to stop the spread of this video.

link   
reply to post by jackflap

Since you seem to know what your talking about regarding this whole incident, I was wondering if you could answer a couple things for us. From what I can gather your dedicated to the fact that the journalists were walking around with insurgents.

Whats makes your opinion so much more credible than mine? You guys seem personally offended tat someone could dare challenge your baseless assertions. All I know is that I definitely see some weapons, the video information doesn't deny there are weapons and some of them are doing things that will always get a go ahead for engagement. If they were journalists, they were dong an awful lot to make themselves look otherwise. If I'm a journalist in a warzone, the last thing I'm going to do is hide behind a street corner wall, load a "camera" and then suspiciously peak around sound corner.

If you guys made threads wringing your hands about all the people Islamic extremists kill everyday, I might give you the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately most of you seem dead set on proving how evil the US, while selectively ignoring facts.

No facts would ever change your minds. You guys hate the US military and will only listen to people who confirm that.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

link   
I see comments like "Grey at best" and "I was expecting something more from all the hype on this vid." Did you watch it?!?! This may have just been an execution the way they fired on this group. No weapons, how can you confuse a camera for an ak-47 or an rpg? And the absolute want in the soldiers voice to continue shooting at these poor individuals is sickening no this isn't different then having them lined up in a row and shooting them in the head, because in the end what did they have to defend themselves with? The only thing they would've shot was a picture.

link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I was hoping this video was a hoax.

So am/was I. I don't want this to be true.

My hope was not enough to make this "not true".

Nor will mine be, I'm sure...

Atrocities happen in war. Stark staring truth...doesn't excuse it, but it happens. The question remains, was it deliberate, was it accidental...I don't know. In the excitement of the moment, things are said that once the truth is known will be forever regretted. That voice over chatter, if an accident, will haunt those men forever. If it was deliberate murder, then it'll hang them, or go a long ways towards doing so.

I'm glad my brother has come home from that hell hole. I can only hope the rest of the brothers and sisters, sons and daughters do too, and soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think rcwj1975 was almost right on with his thread TRUE CONSPIRACY in the making!!! Wiki Leak vs NASA!. With the shuttle launch, a magnitude 7.2 earthquake, Tiger Woods' return, US Consulate attack, and the iPad's release, the mainstream media has plenty to talk about today. It all seems a bit convenient to me. I sent a link to the video with a brief explanation to my local news station. I figured it could be easier to get them to play it rather than the national news.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Also keep in mind (especially for you disinfo accounts out there) that the MAIN reason for releasing the video was to show off government coverups and not so much the war. We ALL know what happens during war and this showing a few bad apples is very unsettling.

BUT THE REAL REASON FOR THE VIDEO IS TO SHOW THAT A COVER UP EXISTED AND THAT WE WERE ALL LIED TO.

Sad really...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

'WikiLeaks posts 'killing' video '

BBC is reporting

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Any context on this video? Did the soldier have reason to believe there were insurgents in the area? Could the people on the ground even see the helicopter?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
youtube changed this video settings to be only accessible for people with a account this is why there are only so few views.

Of course its good that children don't see this but kill them is ok i know.

And for all of you that keep screaming "HE GOT A RPG!!!" if they operation everywhere like here in this video i would get weapons too, to defend myself and my children, aren't you too ??

You can see here very good that they don't have any interest to stop this mess in that warzone the only thing that you create is you make people angry and let them attack the outposts.... but i think the people in the US know that already, aren't they?

The only thing that we can all do is just to share it with friends and such.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Artaius]

link   
Why exactly did Wikileaks announce they were going to release this video.

Obviously it just gave the mainstream media chance to plan what they were going to cover.

link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Also keep in mind (especially for you disinfo accounts out there) that the MAIN reason for releasing the video was to show off government coverups and not so much the war. We ALL know what happens during war and this showing a few bad apples is very unsettling.

What the hell is a "disinfo" account? Any member who challenges your views? This thread made me sign up. If you think I'm some kind of man in black, you should probably see a doctor.

reply to post by DopesickRenegade

Any context on this video? Did the soldier have reason to believe there were insurgents in the area? Could the people on the ground even see the helicopter?

They're just going to call you a disinfo agent and suggest people ignore you.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Mistakes happen in war, it is unfortunate, but should be acknowledged. ?

That was no mistake. That was deliberate murder. The guys in the helicopter gunship are murderers plain and simple. They made no effort to verify that the people on the ground were anything but non-combatant civilians. They murdered 15 innocent civilians and deserve the penalty for their crime.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I'll ultimately end up looking like a cruel bastard here,

There's a reason for that!

It's war.

It's NOT war, it's business!

I do not know when this kinder, gentler expectation of war started, but it needs to end. That kinder/gentler philosophy is ultimately what is responsible for Iraq and Afghanistan dragging out for almost a decade now.

You either have no understanding of.... well anything or.... well that's it!
You are trying to take the humanity out of... well humanity!
The scariest of people tried doing this in the past

Past generations' military actions would have dictated you enter the conflict and you procede to devestate the enemy, both their military and their civilians, until the enemy capitulates and issues total surrender. That may include what the average human would consider atrocities, but ultimately those atrocities equal a quicker end to the conflict and lead to fewer deaths for both sides.

Genocide, mass murder would equate to fewer deaths?

I don't think that you are callous or insensitive, it's more like you are a little kid and this thread is your first ever exposure to war or politics.

You really need to do some soul searching!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
MOD NOTE: The topic of this thread is: Wikileaks Video Released!! not other members and whether or not they are disinfo accounts or just signed up for this thread or why they are posting on this thread.

Discuss the TOPIC not other members.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

Way to cover the use of "RPGs" etc etc and not the actual cover up. Yer so silly!!

Insurgents wouldn't be meeting out in the open wielding weapons... they would be inside and have some sort of face mask. If one were to get away, the point is to be anonymous.

All these people are clear as day who they are as they were just standing around talking and whatnot, probably taking a few pics while they were at it.

Would you walk around with a RPG strapped to your back in the middle of a warzone?

--

Welcome to ATS, if you are a real legit user, and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It's starting to get some traction:

rawstory.com...

The Raw Story is one of the leading left-leaning news sites out there.. One step outside of the "MSM"

[edit on 5-4-2010 by atlguy]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join