It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by simranjits

Not likely. I've never seen a tripod thats one long piece, with a sling that the user carries on their shoulder.

Oh Please! Give me a break!!!

Manfrotto 401N Sling-Style Tripod Strap

What a joke....

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The military cant help it if a bunch of unmarked journalists are running around with RPG toting insurgents, in a warzone.

Those aren't RPGs
Those aren't insurgents

As the huffington post says, in the van were kids and the father was driving them to tutoring classes.

That was not a warzone until the gunship arrived!
The terroists were in the gunship!

This is called destablizing a region to INCREASE terroism and insurgency, not to deter it.

This was a war based on lies from the very beggining!
Time to WAKE UP!!!!

link   

Originally posted by Chillidog1
You can hear the bloodlust in the gunners voice, "all you gotta do is pick up a weapon", "lemme engage", "c'mon let us shoot" etc. But to me what stands out even more is the one guy reporting that the van is coming to pick up bodies and weapons. The van isn't even stopped yet and these guys are already setting up their next kill by stating they are picking up weapons. It sounds like they wanted to kill those people period. And only reported what they knew would get them an order to engage.
It's disgusting what is being done in our name over there. And even more disgusting that so many of our countrymen will support these actions by waving a flag, puff up their chest and go into some chickensh** ramble about freedom, honor, and integrity. Like it's somehow patriotic to indiscriminately kill any man woman or child we see fit over there. After all they came into their neighborho....I mean battlezone right? And they are such a threat to our way of life here. If we don't kill them there, we're most certainly going to have to face them again and shoot it out on the shores on Daytona Beach when they start the invasion here.

Mission Accomplished!!!! Ooooorah

+1 Amen !!!

they were begging to kill !!!
Setting the stage so they can fire.

Picking up bodies?? They are not even close of the bodies!!!!

Picking up weapons???? And what about when the journalist is crawling for his life you hear the guys in the helicopter "hey he has something" "he definitely has a weapon" OMG !! XRAYS with 10X zoom !!!!

link   
We put soldiers in the position of making decisions on who, when and how to prosecute attacks in a guerrilla war on a day-to-day basis, but it is their commanders that define the "rules of engagement (RoE)". I have had several students who were returning Iraq War vets and have listened to their stories, since we share a common background with PTSD.

Some of the stories I've heard involved what they, themselves, defined as a murder - one involving the shooting of an insurgent who had surrendered, after the person I'm speaking of had run him down following an RPG attack which had just killed his best friend. In the intensity of battle and shock/grief of losing his friend, he lost it. All bets were off and he reacted both with and without thinking. If you had a severe trauma, you might understand how this happens. If not, you probably won't.

The guys in the Apache were not in quite the same situation, having time (apparently) to analyze the situation, but in combat time compresses and it's hard to say exactly where the break point between reaction to an evolving situation and premeditated murder occurs. Urban combat is a nightmare scenario and the best policy approach to insurgencies that will involve urban combat is to, whenever possible, not get involved in one. Iraq was a war of choice and there is very little evidence that Saddam Hussein or his nation posed any significant threat to America in 2003, being reduced to a shell of military power after the First Gulf War. The ones who should go on trial are the people who pushed for this war: Rumsfeld, Cheney, Bush, et all.

link   
I'm curious about the people who joined just today, whose sole purpose for being here it seems is to defend this.

Hello Damage control?

link   

Originally posted by qazwsx

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by ventian
Gonna get flamed here but this video is really nothing special. It is disturbing but it is war. All I really see is propaganda. They saw insurgents, they killed insurgents. Collateral damage is all it is. This is why I am against the war but this video isn't bringing our boys home anytime soon and the MSM has no need to pick up on this story nor will they. You may not like what I am saying but if this is some big video for you, then congratulations you're finally starting to see what war is. Be warned there is much worse out there and this stuff is coming from the other side as well. Flame on people, wikileaks showed nothing special aside from a video of a war zone, wait an hour after you come off that cloud you're own and you will see what I mean.

Your "boys" have done some pretty disturbing stuff over there. Stuff that hold no excuses. Blowing up sheep, rape and other gross and dreadful stuff. War or no war, there is no excuse, none at all! And this video you can clearly see that they were enjoying themselves while killing them innocent people that held no threat what so ever. You can stick up for them all you want, but most people will disagree with you.

Nothing that has happened in Iraq holds a candle to the butchery British citizens committed against Kenyans during the Mau-Mau rebellion. We don't have multiple-angle camera footage from 50 years ago during the Mau Mau rebellion and yet, we can still say with absolute certainty, what happened there was 100 times worse than worst that's occurred in Iraq.

You dont have to tell me how bad the English were. And if it was english militery doing this, then i would be saying the same thing i am saying now. Its disgusting, simple as that!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
As others have said, It's not only the actions and brutal muder/slaying of these people, It's the blood-lust and attitude and eagerness of these barbaric morons (Soldiers) to kill these people.

And then kill the people who come to clear up the already killed people.

The laughter... the mocking.... the acting/talking as if they were just clearing a few roaches or something.

And yes I know that war is a crazy thing and adrenaline is pumping and you're in "Battle mode" but man... this is just senseless killing.

It's blatantly obvious how/why the UK has lost almost as many soldiers to "Friendly Fire" as we have to the opposition forces.

link   
I'll ultimately end up looking like a cruel bastard here, but I think the reaction to the video is far more interesting than the video itself is. WWII, 2 atomic bombs were dropped on Japan... thousands of women, children, and non combatants died. Korea and Vietnam: We used Napalm and caustic agents on dozens of villages full of women and children (The images of Kim Fuc come to mind).

It's war. Collateral damage happens and, in many cases, it's fully intentional. I do not know when this kinder, gentler expectation of war started, but it needs to end. That kinder/gentler philosophy is ultimately what is responsible for Iraq and Afghanistan dragging out for almost a decade now. Past generations' military actions would have dictated you enter the conflict and you procede to devestate the enemy, both their military and their civilians, until the enemy capitulates and issues total surrender. That may include what the average human would consider atrocities, but ultimately those atrocities equal a quicker end to the conflict and lead to fewer deaths for both sides.

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

That was not a warzone until the gunship arrived!
The terroists were in the gunship!

This is called destablizing a region to INCREASE terroism and insurgency, not to deter it.

This was a war based on lies from the very beggining!
Time to WAKE UP!!!!

It sounds like your issue is with the war, not the battle. It sounds like you're transposing your issues with the war on the ones who are fighting the battle.

link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

Were the reuters journalists also undercover insurgents?

The military cant help it if a bunch of unmarked journalists are running around with RPG toting insurgents, in a warzone.

BTW, here is the guy peeking around the corner, after hes loaded his RPG:

Guy with AK47, far left. If you watch the clip you can even see the shoulder strap.

You think that's an RPG? Zoom in a little closer and clean it up a little like I did.

You'll see it's more like a Camera than an RPG..

As far as you can tell, it could be a baseball bat and you'd still say it's an RPG.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanjames
Hey I think its pretty screwed up whats going on in this video but then think of all the justified killing that's going on and what we dont get to see.

Think off all the roadside bombs killing our troops and inncocent civillians.

I still fully support the war in Afghanistan, and the war in Iraq. dont let one video skew your view on what these guys are really doing for us out there.

From a UK citizen.

Actually they aren't doing anything for us, most don't realize it, but all these wars are manufactured bullsh*t by the globalist who are turning the UK and the US into bankrupt police states by using the terrorist boogie man as a enemy they themselves manufactured.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychoses

Oh Please! Give me a break!!!

Manfrotto 401N Sling-Style Tripod Strap

What a joke....

Hes not carrying on his shoulder. I just said it has a strap. hes carrying it like an RPG and it has the exact shape of an RPG. Not to mention the guy loading an RPG and hiding behind a wall.

Out of curiosity, what gives your opinion so much more credibility than mine or the trained men in the Apache?

I'm going to keep posting these pictures that I think, pretty clearly show RPGs and AK47s. Hell, the description of the video even admits the men were armed.

BIG: img683.imageshack.us...

Here a guy crouching behind a wall loading either an RPG or rifle:

BIG: img213.imageshack.us...

I'm sure this guy has taken a defensive position for taking pictures.....

Guy with AK47, far left. If you watch the clip you can even see the shoulder strap.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I do not know when this kinder, gentler expectation of war started, but it needs to end. That kinder/gentler philosophy is ultimately what is responsible for Iraq and Afghanistan dragging out for almost a decade now. Past generations' military actions would have dictated you enter the conflict and you procede to devestate the enemy, both their military and their civilians, until the enemy capitulates and issues total surrender. That may include what the average human would consider atrocities, but ultimately those atrocities equal a quicker end to the conflict and lead to fewer deaths for both sides.

I don't even know what to say to that...

Just sick man.... truly a disgusting view and opinion indeed.

"Yeah...we should just blow the crap out of everyone and everything until it gives up"

You do realise that most of the casualties are already innocent civilians?

What you are suggesting is illegal and I'm shocked you even mentioned it.

[edit on 5/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

LOL accounts created for disinfo make me laugh!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by qazwsx
It sounds like your issue is with the war, not the battle. It sounds like you're transposing your issues with the war on the ones who are fighting the battle.

It sounds like you do not understand why they did this

hopefully now you do, unless you decided to keep the blindfolds on

it is easier for some to keep believing that their country and it's soldiers and the war they fight is justice and good, it's harder for some to realize the truth.

It's like a husband too scared to come home early too see his wife sleeping with another man. He'd rather continue living in his fantasy

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In the official report it states that the photographers was killed in a gun battle with American troops on the ground. But according to this video there was no US troops even close. It took the troops 8-9 minutes to reach this aria.

The scary part about this event is the gunner/pilots attitude and eager to kill.
Even when they fire 3 hellfire's at the house later on you can clearly see civilians walking by the building. The first hellfire even takes out one of them walking on the street. And the pilots dont even care to mention it.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

link   
reply to post by Brahmanite

Like a child sitting and playing the latest "Call of Duty". Desensitized to the point of putting no value on a human life, anxious for the next kill or pull of the trigger! The awesome power of holding life and death in your hands.

This is the immoral additude I see when watching this video.

A military that no longer has to be engaged to fire upon human beings. Mistaking cameras for RPG's and killing human beings, anxiously!

Laughing at the fact that a Bradly vehicle drives right over the dead body of what was most likely an innocent man, that sickens me beyond belief! LET THE IMMATURITY FLY RIGHT OUT THERE! This is not honor - this is not spreading democracy! This is a hyped up military bred on shoot first ask questions later and not holding any responsability for doing the wrong thing, as their hiding the truth in this video itself proves!

These are human beings with families. And this goes on there every single day. When did our American service turn from freeing the world and saving people, to giving out advanced weapons to hired killers and thugs with no moral value for a human life?

What have we become

My personal heart felt apologies go to the families of these men who died for nothing, nothing more than to please an immature trigger happy kid who couldn't wait for the next kill and was given the power and authority by the U.S. forces to do it!

link   

I think I do:

English lads would take gun barrels, knives, snakes, vermin and hot eggs and thrust them up men's rectums and women's vaginas. The screening teams whipped, shot, burned and mutilated Mau Mau suspects, ostensibly to gather intelligence for military operations and as court evidence.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Disinfo? I just had to make an account to respond to this. You guys only seem interested in disinfo and not the facts.

Here is a comparison I made for those who actually want the truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted yet on this thread, but here is the news tip lines for CNN:

CNN Contact/News Tips

I have sent them information about the WikiLeaks video and I urge everyone that cares about this issue to do the same.

Oh, I just got this from them:

Thank you for contacting CNN. This email is to notify you that your news tip has been received and will be reviewed in a timely manner. You will be contacted if the news tip is valid and we need further information and verification.

We appreciate your news tip and thank you for choosing CNN as your breaking news source.

Sincerely,

CNN Viewer Communications Management
"CNN, The Most Trusted Name In News"

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join