It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Every link I've gone to is not playing. Any ideas what's going on? I can view other youtube videos, just not this one.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Internet Explorer

Originally posted by SFwife

Originally posted by Internet Explorer
I'm curious about the people who joined just today, whose sole purpose for being here it seems is to defend this.

Hello Damage control?

Why would anyone feel the need to come to THIS PLACE and have **Damage Control ** ? Please explain I am really curious . Honest

I dunno...maybe something to do with it being the most popular website of it's kind?

Oh its popular
I wish it wasn't so full of misinformation on a lot of different subjects ,and it would be more enjoyable . You indeed have no clue who is reading believe that ,BUT Why would anyone really care what anyone here thinks ? I mean honestly ...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by atlguy

A far left propaganda outlet for Democrats, no way! I notice they also make claims with absolutely nothing to back them up and make no attempt at all the analyze the video, instead taking whatever is told on it as fact.

I'll ask one more time, why would a guy with a camera (a very long, RPG shaped camera), seemingly load it ten take a defensive position behind a wall to take pictures?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

I am a professional photographer. I ALWAYS lean against a building, tree, car, whatever - to stabilize myself when I am either not able, or too lazy to take out my sticks and set them up.

The "RPG shaped camera" is a tripod.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by atlguy

A far left propaganda outlet for Democrats, no way! I notice they also make claims with absolutely nothing to back them up and make no attempt at all the analyze the video, instead taking whatever is told on it as fact.

I'll ask one more time, why would a guy with a camera (a very long, RPG shaped camera), seemingly load it ten take a defensive position behind a wall to take pictures?

I'll reply to you one more time to get it clear in your head, Ok?

I, in fact, I kneel that exact same way when I am either Changing Lenses on my Camera or I am checking how many pictures I have left to take.

I do not see it as a defensive position at all. You show a still but the video shows the truth.

Anyhow, I hate using the Ignore button, I really do but in this case it's the one time I'm actually happy to use it.

Seeya.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by qazwsx

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by qazwsx

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by ventian
Gonna get flamed here but this video is really nothing special. It is disturbing but it is war. All I really see is propaganda. They saw insurgents, they killed insurgents. Collateral damage is all it is. This is why I am against the war but this video isn't bringing our boys home anytime soon and the MSM has no need to pick up on this story nor will they. You may not like what I am saying but if this is some big video for you, then congratulations you're finally starting to see what war is. Be warned there is much worse out there and this stuff is coming from the other side as well. Flame on people, wikileaks showed nothing special aside from a video of a war zone, wait an hour after you come off that cloud you're own and you will see what I mean.

Your "boys" have done some pretty disturbing stuff over there. Stuff that hold no excuses. Blowing up sheep, rape and other gross and dreadful stuff. War or no war, there is no excuse, none at all! And this video you can clearly see that they were enjoying themselves while killing them innocent people that held no threat what so ever. You can stick up for them all you want, but most people will disagree with you.

Nothing that has happened in Iraq holds a candle to the butchery British citizens committed against Kenyans during the Mau-Mau rebellion. We don't have multiple-angle camera footage from 50 years ago during the Mau Mau rebellion and yet, we can still say with absolute certainty, what happened there was 100 times worse than worst that's occurred in Iraq.

You dont have to tell me how bad the English were. And if it was english militery doing this, then i would be saying the same thing i am saying now. Its disgusting, simple as that!

I think I do:

English lads would take gun barrels, knives, snakes, vermin and hot eggs and thrust them up men's rectums and women's vaginas. The screening teams whipped, shot, burned and mutilated Mau Mau suspects, ostensibly to gather intelligence for military operations and as court evidence.

Erno you don't. Being that my dad is from northan island, i know how bad the british were. When they first went into island they butcherd and tourtured many. And the englash have done that throught history. We know this.

Stop trying to justify this, or turn it into "your country done this" crap. It wont work with me. I dont really care about my country. I am not patrotic. I look at the planet as a whole, and not "us and them" crap. What we see here is wrong. We see the militery enjoying what they are doing.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Every link I've gone to is not playing. Any ideas what's going on? I can view other youtube videos, just not this one.

I had issues playing it from the Wikileaks sites but when I went to YouTube they played perfectly fine. Odd...

Now if only the viewers number would go past 359.

(check the Like/Dislike section for an average of actual views, though not all viewers will click the Like or Dislike buttons)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Worked straight away when I just tried it?

It sounds weird to start with, like it is jittery or not working... but It sorts itself out anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have only watched the 18 minute verison.

Am currently d/l the 40min version.

Can someone confirm the chopper was ever fired upon?? The 18min version clearly shows people scrambling for their lives after the gunship erupted on them... not once did i see any of them fire a shot - which i would expect for a person(s) allegedly "armed" and being fired upon.

hmm?

Seriously, these guys looked like they were all standing around having a smoke and then BOOM.

AFA the guy "crouching behind the corner. I very much suspect that was a camera with a long telephoto lens. Ever seen a really high-end camera with a big lens on it? They are NOT small.... and if it were some kind of weapon, ESPECIALLY AN RPG, don't you think the guy would have fired it?!

duhhhh........

link   
reply to post by simranjits

An rpg is pointed, not cylindrical like the guy who was crouching had. The hump for the viewfinder is also visible. Thats not what a rpg looks like.

Right, just like the shape we see here. This is not a ball, its a cylinder that tapers to a point:

AFA the guy "crouching behind the corner. I very much suspect that was a camera with a long telephoto lens. Ever seen a really high-end camera with a big lens on it? They are NOT small.... and if it were some kind of weapon, ESPECIALLY AN RPG, don't you think the guy would have fired it?!

duhhhh........

Why take up a defensive posture for taking pictures, especially in a warzone? What were they supposed to fire at? Do you think the apace was just chilling over top of them? If so, its a clue as to why you buy in to this so easily.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

link   
Oh lookies!! The BBC finally released an article about it! (way to people who emailed them to get them too!
)

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 4/5/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't understand the issue here. Anybody who moves around on the ground in Iraq with what even appears to be weapons is a combatant. This is a war zone and they should expect to be killed. This kind of stuff goes on every day. Yet here people are SHOCKED SHOCKED. It is just crazy. Have you been living under a rock somewhere??

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed

I had issues playing it from the Wikileaks sites but when I went to YouTube they played perfectly fine. Odd...

(check the Like/Dislike section for an average of actual views, though not all viewers will click the Like or Dislike buttons)

It's probably crashing due to traffic.

359 viewers? yeah riiiiiight..... that number is definitely being manipulated.

359,000 maybe

I'm half done d/l the 40min version. Hopefully it doesn't get dropped before i'm done.

link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

Who cares? There obviously was no reason for someone with no covered face etc etc to be wielding such a weapon. My FACT is that it is a camera, and the camera is mounted on the tripod.

Need me to take pics of my camera equipment at home at that angle and show proof??

Just go away from ATS, your account MajinRoshi is built for nothing but this issue.

link   

Ok.

You can't blow something up and pretend like it makes things better.

Unless you get a higher resolution photo that CAN be blown up, your just making it MORE blury.

Stop attempting to justify this.

As somebody else pointed out, the gunship was probably a mile away, they would have never known they were being watched.

None of them were in the process of any hostil action. As an amateur photographer, it does look an awful lot like a Camera Tripod, the guy crouching he's definetly got a camera and attempting to take pics.

The soldiers were literally saying "We have 5 or 6 individuals with RPG's and AK47's.

When only 2 people "suposedly" had weapons.

They were lying to get clearance to engage.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Yeah, that part worried me too. (I'm not military.) The long thing shows up about 3:40. Long like a RPG. Of course, a camera tripod might look like that too????

Why would someone be messing with their weapon in the middle of the street? Wouldn't the weapon be ready before they stepped out on the street? I know MINE would!

Just playing devil's advocate and thinking.

link   
Were spending hours debating and second guessing this video only because we have that luxury. Imagine if you had to make a decision in real time and the outcome was life or death

link   
Looks like the BBC has picked up on this story...but what about American MSM?

news.bbc.co.uk...

link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by TheBloodRed

It's probably crashing due to traffic.

359 viewers? yeah riiiiiight..... that number is definitely being manipulated.

359,000 maybe

I'm half done d/l the 40min version. Hopefully it doesn't get dropped before i'm done.

AGAIN!

Youtube views are NOT updated in REAL TIME.

The ratings system is.

The VIEWS only update every couple of hours.

~Keeper

link   
I've watched the video twice. Once as a journalist, once as a dad. The scenes of the troops running with the two children is heartbreaking. Imagine how that soldier felt - running with that child, knowing that our boys did the damage. Makes me want to hug my daughters.

The journalist side of me says that there is a definite "story" to be told and the MSM would be well-served by picking this up and running with it. The real question is going to be the spin - will Faux take it and spin it as "our brave soldiers being 'targeted' by left wing propagandists"? Will CNN take it and run it as "the evil government run amok"? Time will tell...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't have much time, but I wanted to post.

Please remember, the people firing didn't have a stop button and they couldn't slow things down to check out the scene frame by frame. That's a luxury you guys have sitting behind your computers, safe at home.

This crew was air support and they noticed what looked like a guy with an RPG taking cover behind a corner. I will say again, they don't have a pause or rewind to examine the situation more closely. They have units on the ground which they are providing air support to. I don't have time to watch the video again but if I remember correctly, the ground units entered the area from the same street which the guy who had the camera was looking down. So basically you have units coming in and it looks like he was behind a corner with an RPG waiting for them.

Take it how you would like.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join