It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Internet Explorer
I'm curious about the people who joined just today, whose sole purpose for being here it seems is to defend this.

Hello Damage control?

Why would anyone feel the need to come to THIS PLACE and have **Damage Control ** ? Please explain I am really curious . Honest

A lot of ppl read this place ,and never sign in ,Heck I often check in without actually signing in ...I read for a long time before actually joining .I joined when I really felt the need to comment on a post that was so insane I couldn't set back and ignore it ...

This video is not something TPTB are really worried about ,I assure you .

It almost seems as if a lot of yall haven't been paying attention ,or have no clue of what war is for that matter . Clueless all the way around .

I am pretty sure if dropped off in the middle of Iraq or Afghanistan ,you would be praying these MURDERING SOLDIERS were on their way to rescue you
trust

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The video is starting to get some outside airtime:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Another point about this video is that the gunship/apache(not sure what it is) was probably at quite a standoff, that is why the people on the ground had no idea what hit them, and that camera man was crouching and trying to take a picture( probably as a war photographer , that was his instinct?) at the general direction. These video systems can take video from many kms from the actual location, at a standoff. My guess is that it is at least 10,000ft and could be possibly at 20-30km from the site. They are also able to switch from a wfov and a nfov, and from the nfov might be able to zoom etc.

As for the rpg, there is no sign of one, only rifles.

link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Disinfo? I just had to make an account to respond to this. You guys only seem interested in disinfo and not the facts.

Here is a comparison I made for those who actually want the truth.

I don't see those two things poking down in what he is holding.

Looks more like a tripod with strap being carried in is hand.

link   
MajinRoshi just joined today.. You can see why he is here. he trying to stir things up a little.. I hope the Mods wake up and get rid of him..

Don't bother replying to him.. He's just posting garbage now and he'll keep doing it if we keep acknowledging him..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

A far left propaganda outlet for Democrats, no way! I notice they also make claims with absolutely nothing to back them up and make no attempt at all the analyze the video, instead taking whatever is told on it as fact.

I'll ask one more time, why would a guy with a camera (a very long, RPG shaped camera), seemingly load it ten take a defensive position behind a wall to take pictures?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

link   
reply to post by SFwife

Don't forget the reason why you are in Iraq. Its the Iraq war based on facts or lies?
The only reason Americans are in danger in Iraq is because they are in a place they never should have been in the first place. And you are there with weapons.

link   

reply to post by TheBloodRed

Disinfo? I just had to make an account to respond to this. You guys only seem interested in disinfo and not the facts.

Here is a comparison I made for those who actually want the truth.

Oh dear lord ... please tell me you didn't just photoshop a weapon onto a fuzzy image to make your point?

I would have thought you guys were better than that!

Hey, you sure you don't wanna paste an atomic cannon while you're at it?

That's just really really sad!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

I didn't say your statement was appalling...I said the video was

2nd line

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
no matter how you look at this its murder. the only ones engaging in combat at the us troops, if they were torrorists they would of took cover not gathered in one spot. on top of that anyone saying being in iraq makes you paranoid that everyones out to get you is bs your trained as a soildier. its your job not to let anger and hate take over, if the person who serves you coffee at starbucks backhands you because they hate you you wouldnt stand for it because they are their to do a job with feelings aside and they have to comply to the rules. same goes for anyone in the army only because they think they are terrorists and hate them they should of waited to confirm it. end of and no excuses

sorry for grammer and spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFwife

I'm curious about the people who joined just today, whose sole purpose for being here it seems is to defend this.

Hello Damage control?

Why would anyone feel the need to come to THIS PLACE and have **Damage Control ** ? Please explain I am really curious . Honest

I dunno...maybe something to do with it being the most popular website of it's kind?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by atlguy

A far left propaganda outlet for Democrats, no way! I notice they also make claims with absolutely nothing to back them up and make no attempt at all the analyze the video, instead taking whatever is told on it as fact.

I'll ask one more time, why would a guy with a camera (a very long, RPG shaped camera), seemingly load it ten take a defensive position behind a wall to take pictures?

An rpg is pointed, not cylindrical like the guy who was crouching had. The hump for the viewfinder is also visible. Thats not what a rpg looks like.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by simranjits]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by atlguy

Don't forget most here wouldn't have a clue about what an RPG looks like
at some point you just have to shake your head ,and move on bc those that don't know any better will make it out to be what ever they want it to be

You know the old saying ? Bless their hearts

link   
Folks - The Apache gunships, as well as ALL long-range gun platforms have rounds that are supersonic. Same for a sniper rifle. Same as most standard issue NATO long-guns.

The copter was probably a few KM's away and the people on the ground could not hear the rotors, let alone see the helicopter. They simply had no idea they were being watched.

link   
This isn't the only thread, I stated my thoughts on the video elsewhere.

Please don't join this just only to desensitize this one issue. Yes I am upset at the actions. I am a pacifist so anything like this upsets me. ALSO, I am heavy into photography and I know camera equipment when I see it and those were camera equipment. Its okay, say whatever you want, you won't be on ATS very long once this story settles down!

link   
And you wonder why Aliens don't land on the lawn of the White House, when we do cr-p like that to our OWN kind.

Gees, those pilots mothers must be proud of their "hero sons" today.

link   

Hello Damage control?

I'm new on the discussion board and I hope I'm not taken as someone who is defending this action. I'm not. I have just seen a lot of my peers who are Vietnam Vets and now students who are Iraq Vets getting torn down for their actions in situations not created by them. I do see that this is a specific situation that is not justified by what we see on the Wikileaks video, but I think it's easy to make that judgment from a distance and harder to asses the state of minds of those involved on the scene.

Yes, I agree this is not a thread that was posted to take on the issue of the whole war, but you cannot approach the specific incident without coming back to fact that it happened in the context of the war itself. So, no defense for this being a justified act in itself, but blame the officers who set the ROE, not the soldiers who carry out acts consistent with their orders. The audio makes it clear they were radioing for permission to engage. Who said yes?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

your point?

I would have thought you guys were better than that!

Hey, you sure you don't wanna paste an atomic cannon while you're at it?

That's just really really sad!

I did it to sow it matches up with the shape we see in the picture. A long tube with a football shaped top. Same with the guy behind the wall. He lays it on the ground and loads it just like an RPG.

I can blow it up if its really that hard for you to make out the shape.

link   
Lets not forget why these people are dying,

WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld

and they are still lying to you about what is really going on there.

link   
Truly tragic but most of all tragic because this is probably one we find out about amongst tens or hundreds that are never leaked. Also kinda sad to see some people defending this.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join