It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

For some strange reason, you seem to be looking for a fight from me... Sorry, you're not going to get one.

All I'm saying is this, for about the third time: These things can be faked, I am not saying they are... People, other than the military, can authenticate this. Have they? Are they?

Fake? I doubt it. But since my knowledge of this sort of thing is limited, I have no idea. Are all of you video experts?

If it's real, was it a horrible accident, or cold blooded murder... I'm inclined towards the latter... But again, I'm not there, I wasn't in that helicopter, or the gunship that fired, nor was I on the ground... Were any of you? Somehow I doubt it.

If it's real, and it's deliberate murder. UCMJ covers this: Death, or life in prison.

Accident? I don't know what the worst punishment is...having to live with it, or answering to God later...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
reply to post by niteboy82

There were clearly RPGs and rifles being carried. How can you deny that?

Might be an rpg, might not. I find it silly that one guys is carrying a camera, and another something that looks like an RPG. However, could it also be a tripod for the camera? Where is the extra ammo? So 8 guys go out only one has an RPG everyone else is unarmed and they carry no extra RPG ammo?

link   
Thanks Brahmanite for bringing this Wikileaks info to ATS. I've been waiting for a week to see what this was all about. No wonder Wikileaks twittered posts about espionage interference. They want the source very badly indeed.

This video is brutal. The audio from the pilots disturbed me. There is evident one-track thinking in the identification of targets. You see what you want to see.

I won't go into the particulars of what I think of the video because I could post for days. I'm sickened.

Wikileaks is brave to do this. This release will finally put them on the map. Publicly. I hope more whistle blowers come forward from various fields and trust Wikileaks with their information.

Since Wikileaks simultaneously released this on their own website, the cat is really out of the bag. This puts the MSM in a very precarious position.

I'm watching a special report about Tiger Woods on CNN as I write this. Since Wikileaks released this at the National Press Club, I expect to see something today. If they don't report this, then the very idea of the "24 hour news cycle" seems to be merely a tool of misdirection at its finest.

link   
This just in-

TOP STORY ON CNN IS TIGER'S RETURN TO GOLF.

Meanwhile, this isn't even on their website.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HalfAWorldAway

So, what do you call the long thing hes carry with a football shaped top? What is that guy doing crouched behind that wall with another long shaped object? These facts seem to really bother you guys. Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

So much uninformed, confirmation bias going on in this thread. Its amazing how all of you are ignoring the guys with guns, crouching behind walls, the multiple requests for engagement and the fact this is a warzone. Why do so many of you act like you know the facts in this case, when the original story about the videos turned out to be total crap?

The video is pure propaganda, meant to manufacture outrage in a certain type of person who react emotionally without thinking.

What do you call this? It isn't a camera! Its CLEARLY an RPG!

BIG: img683.imageshack.us...

Here a guy crouching behind a wall loading either an RPG or rifle:

BIG: img213.imageshack.us...

The fact the all of you and the video are glossing over this suggest deception. If those guys were journalists, they put themselves in danger by walking with armed insurgents without any way to distinguish them.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

The first one is clearly a tripod. The second one you're assuming he's loading a gun , i just see a man crouching.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Oh so its just fine to fire away if two people have AK-47s and there are 6 more civilians right around with no weapons? Remind me again why everyone in Iraq should not have the same right to bear arms as the US, especially in war-time when there is chaos in the streets? It looked pretty clear that the only reason they were called "insurgents" is because they had AK-47s to defend them self with.

Its one thing if there was some kind of battle going on. There was not. It was 8 people being MURDERED because two of them happened to want weapons, which could have been either for offense or just for defense. Even giving them a 10% chance of being purely defensive, that still clearly warrants further investigation by ground troops.

It looked like about 30 troops showed up on the scene. The US Army can't handle 30 troops vs. 3 people with guns?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Might be an rpg, might not. I find it silly that one guys is carrying a camera, and another something that looks like an RPG. However, could it also be a tripod for the camera? Where is the extra ammo? So 8 guys go out only one has an RPG everyone else is unarmed and they carry no extra RPG ammo?

If the rules of engagement were never to fire on cameras I suspect you'd see a lot of enemy carrying cameras.

Guerillas and insurgents tend not to have regular lines-of-supply, munitions depots and modes of replenishment. It doesn't seem odd at all to see guerillas with haphazard or poorly stocked equipment.

link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

You are seriously saying that they hyped it up too much?! They shot at a van with two children CLEARLY sitting in the front seat!

This is appalling.

link   
reply to post by seagull

No I wasn't attacking you...it was my first time posting to you (you must confuse me with someone else). I was merely stating that not many here if at all have any forensic video analysis skills, so we have to wait until someone official tells us it is real or fake.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by simranjits

Not likely. I've never seen a tripod thats one long piece, with a sling that the user carries on their shoulder. As far as the guy behind the wall, watch the clip, hes definitely loading something. My guess is an RPG, as it look like the launcher is on the ground and hes sliding a round in to it.

'What do you call this? It isn't a camera! Its CLEARLY an RPG!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Gonna get flamed here but this video is really nothing special. It is disturbing but it is war. All I really see is propaganda. They saw insurgents, they killed insurgents. Collateral damage is all it is. This is why I am against the war but this video isn't bringing our boys home anytime soon and the MSM has no need to pick up on this story nor will they. You may not like what I am saying but if this is some big video for you, then congratulations you're finally starting to see what war is. Be warned there is much worse out there and this stuff is coming from the other side as well. Flame on people, wikileaks showed nothing special aside from a video of a war zone, wait an hour after you come off that cloud you're own and you will see what I mean.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I think maybe I did. Sorry 'bout that...

link   
wow at some people defending this!

Were the reuters journalists also undercover insurgents?

come on people
stop being so blind
that's not patriotism, it's stupidity!
lose it!

link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
reply to post by DocEmrick

You are seriously saying that they hyped it up too much?! They shot at a van with two children CLEARLY sitting in the front seat!

With a straight face you're saying there were two children CLEARLY in the front seat?

Do what the other poster said, watch the video on a 6-inch monitor, with a radio headset blasting in your ear, sweat in your eyes and do it while on a roller coaster (to mimick the adrenalin surge and urgency of a combat zone) then say again there were two children CLEARLY in the front seat.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

If you could quote where I say it was "over-hyped" I'd appreciate it.

The way they advertised the release of this video, made it sound like they had uncontested, substantial EXECUTION STYLE murders on tape. How my statement is appalling to you is lost on me.

Reading Comprehension 101

link   

reply to post by simranjits

Not likely. I've never seen a tripod thats one long piece, with a sling that the user carries on their shoulder. As far as the guy behind the wall, watch the clip, hes definitely loading something. My guess is an RPG, as it look like the launcher is on the ground and hes sliding a round in to it.

'What do you call this? It isn't a camera! Its CLEARLY an RPG!

[/quote
When you fold a tripod , it's one long piece. If i had a rpg , i would be in or on top of buildings , not on the ground walking like i own the street.

link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

There's no RPG's clearly visible anywhere. They're pretty large so there's no mistaking them, to an educated eye, at least. Those 2 guys appear to have AK-47's, but that's as common there as handguns or hunting rifles are in Texas.

We can only see about a half foot of something sticking out from behind the wall where that guy is crouching, and it could just as easily be a zoom lens on his camera. If it is an RPG it's something of a mystery how he concealed it so well beforehand.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Risen]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You can hear the bloodlust in the gunners voice, "all you gotta do is pick up a weapon", "lemme engage", "c'mon let us shoot" etc. But to me what stands out even more is the one guy reporting that the van is coming to pick up bodies and weapons. The van isn't even stopped yet and these guys are already setting up their next kill by stating they are picking up weapons. It sounds like they wanted to kill those people period. And only reported what they knew would get them an order to engage.
It's disgusting what is being done in our name over there. And even more disgusting that so many of our countrymen will support these actions by waving a flag, puff up their chest and go into some chickensh** ramble about freedom, honor, and integrity. Like it's somehow patriotic to indiscriminately kill any man woman or child we see fit over there. After all they came into their neighborho....I mean battlezone right? And they are such a threat to our way of life here. If we don't kill them there, we're most certainly going to have to face them again and shoot it out on the shores on Daytona Beach when they start the invasion here.

Mission Accomplished!!!! Ooooorah

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I was merely stating that not many here if at all have any forensic video analysis skills,

Forensic???
It's a video!

The video is real people
Trust me!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join