It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So much uninformed, confirmation bias going on in this thread. Its amazing how all of you are ignoring the guys with guns, crouching behind walls, the multiple requests for engagement and the fact this is a warzone. Why do so many of you act like you know the facts in this case, when the original story about the videos turned out to be total crap?

The video is pure propaganda, meant to manufacture outrage in a certain type of person who react emotionally without thinking.

What do you call this? It isn't a camera! Its CLEARLY an RPG!

BIG: img683.imageshack.us...

Here a guy crouching behind a wall loading either an RPG or rifle:

BIG: img213.imageshack.us...

The fact the all of you and the video are glossing over this suggest deception. If those guys were journalists, they put themselves in danger by walking with armed insurgents without any way to distinguish them.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MajinRoshi]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yeah, once they edit it out and show us how the children were carrying AK-47's that were naked to the camera.

That was a damn shameful video, and there was no need for food during my lunchbreak watching it either, I have no appetite, for sympathizers of this action nor food.

I don't want that democracy spread back home, that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

There were clearly RPGs and rifles being carried. How can you deny that?

link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by HalfAWorldAway

Look. I did not, most emphatically, say it was fake. If you implied that from what I said, read it again...

The possibility exists. Deny as you will.

If it's real, and it probably is...people should hang. Do you understand now?

Miss understood your post my friend and I apologize. I just wonder how many lies we have been told. Did you hear the radio chatter?? "they have rpgs and ak47" "they are shooting at us".

When the reporter was leaning down to take a picture it was sooooo clear that even mylself that i half stupid can easy now that he is not holding a weapon, nor firing nor nothing. This is sick, im sorry im so angry, so so angry.

link   

Originally posted by QuantumDeath
reply to post by Gumerk

So far, I am downloading this video as we speak. I am having no problem downloading it, but I will host it up if I can for those who want to download it, to do so.

Thank you very much. I may not be able to do a whole lot, but at least I can pass this along if downloaded.

link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by qazwsx

You give a well reasoned response. War is bloody and mistakes are made. My biggest concern is over the cover-up of incidents like this. How many were there? Did they kill or lock up witnesses? If they are willing to cover up a mistake such as this (and this is a big mistake) to save face what else would they be willing to do?

I think the reaction you're witnessing in this thread is the reason for the cover-up.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I notice that the YouTube video has about 300 views but about 1,500 ratings from people. You have to question what GOOGLE is doing here with the view counts.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading

Originally posted by SFwife

Originally posted by Reading
Funny hows its always american troops doing this sort of thing.

I always hear americans saying how they have the best trained army in the world bla bla bla priding themselves on the latest toys and gadgets.

But seriously what sort of training can these guys of had to do things like this?

Truth is the grunts are way under trained or uneducated.

I felt the same watching this video of these murders as i did when i read about the 7 or 8 'freindly' fire incidents when we lost alot of our troops because of the gung ho cowboys.

Shame on anybody that supports this war

Really ? That is funny considering EVERY country under the sun does everything possible to get their ELITE Soldiers over here to the US to train with our BEST
I know this as a fact ..so to me its sooo
You would say that ,but I have come to realize this forum is full of know it all posters ,who don't always know jack .I mean especially on certain subjects ,but hey how could they

Listen 'ELITE' troops from all over meet up and play wargames its not un-usual is it really? but you missed the point, what kind of ELITE soldiers kill a man and his family trying to help wounded journalists?

You know what i have come to realise? that like you said i dont know jack but i know whats right and wrong and i would never apologise like it sounds like you are for these kind of actions!

Judging by your screen name your an army wife so there you go

You know it all don't you ?
Don't assume what type of Actions I may or may not be for k thank

I would never ask someone to apologize (I think that is what you mean) for your opinion ,but assuming is something that isn't very smart for a person who doesn't really know .

And no I am not just a ARMY WIFE ,I am a United States Army Special Forces Wife

Oh and FTR There isn't anything ELITE in that video
real or fake

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Be the change you want to see...it might catch on.

Oh Saturn, I've tried. I've tried to change people. I really have. I've tried to make them watch videos that they won't like. Nobody cares. They still want to go to the bar and drink up, and be ignorant. I've tried for 7 years to change things. Nothing has worked. Even this video, which will no doubt be buried in the annals of history, will not change anything. At this point, it's not worth trying to wake other people up. They want their Wal Marts, their McDonalds, their American dream white picket fences.

The consciousness of that little girl eating the ice cream will move on to a better plane of existence, as will all of us.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by rogerstigers

I think we can probably trust the reputation of WikiLeaks, though. *shrug*

When people go around tossing accusations such as I'm seeing in this thread, I would hope that some attempt would be made to verify the authenticity of this video.

If it is true, then as I said, people should hang.

Given the age we live in when video's can be faked on a home computer with the right gadgets, maybe someone with some skill in this area, could maybe take a look.

Don't get so caught up in the rush to judgment that y'all fail to take a look at the evidence...that's all I'm saying.

That's exactly what I did. I'm on this site nearly all the time. When I saw the thread for Wikileaks revealing this Video there were no replies to that thread.

I watched that 18min clip over and over again, Forwards, Backwards, Zoomed in, Zoomed out, Went Slow and almost frame by frame. I did this especially when the Black "Bong Van" pulled up.

I do know that in that Video, there were two people at the back of the Group holding Rifles. So, there were Weapons in the Fray, so to speak. At no time did I see any weapons pointed in the Direction of the camera.

The person hiding around the Corner, maybe not hiding, just steadying his camera, didn't have an RPG. You could see it was a camera.

As far as authenticity goes? I could see no "NonContinuity" in any of the footage that I view. There were no breaks, No Edits that I could see.

Even the timing of the Firing of the Gun and the Bullets hitting the ground were pretty consistant.

Those people didn't even know they were being fired upon until the Bullets hit them. Just goes to show how far away those Soldiers actually were.

At no time were they in fear of their lives and I doubt, from the Distance of the People on the ground, that anyone in that group could have had a chance at shooting back.

Anyhow, that's why I was late in posting my opinion on this thread. I had to make sure I thought it was authentic in my own mind before I let go.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
He said "look at those dead bastards."
Guy replies " Nice.... Nice"

This just proves some have that "war" mentality. This isn't just a government conspiracy, this is individual mindsets willfully murdering people because someone said they could. Absolutely shameful for anyone that lives with that mentality.
At least wikileaks is still solid with the rep.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick

The consciousness of that little girl eating the ice cream will move on to a better plane of existence, as will all of us.

... or it will be completely erased.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi
So much uninformed, confirmation bias going on in this thread. Its amazing how all of you are ignoring the guys with guns, crouching behind walls, the multiple requests for engagement and the fact this is a warzone. Why do so many of you act like you know the facts in this case, when the original story about the videos turned out to be total crap?

The video is pure propaganda, meant to manufacture outrage in a certain type of person who react emotionally without thinking.

What do you call this? It isn't a camera! Its CLEARLY an RPG!

Here a guy crouching behind a wall loading either an RPG or rifle:

The fact the all of you and the video are glossing over this suggest deception. If those guys were journalists, they put themselves in danger by walking with armed insurgents without any way to distinguish them.

THANK YOU

link   
Hey I think its pretty screwed up whats going on in this video but then think of all the justified killing that's going on and what we dont get to see.

Think off all the roadside bombs killing our troops and inncocent civillians.

I still fully support the war in Afghanistan, and the war in Iraq. dont let one video skew your view on what these guys are really doing for us out there.

From a UK citizen.

link   

Originally posted by MajinRoshi

Another govement drone brainwashed. Dude you have been playing a lot of Halo and Call of Duty. Propaganda yeah right !!!! Congrats you have been the first added to my ignore list!!!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
Ok now the question is will anyone else pick this up? I am guessing none of the big MSM news agencies will pick it up, but will Russia Today?!?

How messed up will that be if it takes Russia Today to release this and no one else will talk about it.

Yup Russia Today has it on, they are pretty much the only half way decent major news source anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

What size screen do you view that camera from in and Apache?

6 by 6 inch.

Can anyone else see the video live? (For instance the folks who gave the green light to fire.)

No.

Is he wearing full headgear (Helmet/headphones/visor)?

Yes.

OK, so I want everyone to watch this again with their video re-sized to six inches by six inches, wearing sunglasses, headphones with random chatter being played through, while someone is driving you around in a car.

Then make your judgment on this poor soldier trying to protect his fellow soldiers.

link   
reply to post by MysterE

You posted 10 minutes after the OP

How could you have watched even the short version?

Not saying I disagree, but couldnt help but notice

link   

Originally posted by truthquest
I notice that the YouTube video has about 300 views but about 1,500 ratings from people. You have to question what GOOGLE is doing here with the view counts.

Google/Youtube doesn't do real time updates to the views, it's done periodically.

Rating as done in real time. The other is updated I think every couple of hours.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/5/2010 by tothetenthpower]

link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
He said "look at those dead bastards."
Guy replies " Nice.... Nice"

This just proves some have that "war" mentality. This isn't just a government conspiracy, this is individual mindsets willfully murdering people because someone said they could. Absolutely shameful for anyone that lives with that mentality.
At least wikileaks is still solid with the rep.

Is your state-of-mind such a rock solid island that, had you spent several months killing humans your mentality would be so different that you would erupt in tears after every instance?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join