It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
36:34 Coming around left, backscatter.
36:49 Firing.
36:53 There it goes! Look at that bitch go!
36:56 Patoosh!
37:03 Ah, sweet.
37:07 Need a little more room.
37:09 Nice missile.
37:11 Does it look good?
37:12 Sweet!
------
02:49 Lets shoot.
02:50 Light 'em all up.
02:52 Come on, fire!
02:57 Keep shoot, keep shoot. [keep shooting]
02:59 keep shoot.
03:02 keep shoot.
----------
04:03 Roger. Currently engaging [fighting/shooting at] approximately eight individuals, uh KIA [Killed In Action], uh RPGs, and AK-47s.
04:12 Hotel Two-Six, you need to move to that location once Crazyhorse is done and get pictures. Over.
04:20 Six beacon gaia.
04:24 Sergeant Twenty is the location.
04:28 Hotel Two-Six; Crazyhorse One-Eight.
04:31 Oh, yeah, look at those dead bastards.
-------
07:28 Can I shoot?
07:31 Roger. Break. Uh Crazyhorse One-Eight request permission to uh engage.
07:36 Picking up the wounded?
07:38 Yeah, we're trying to get permission to engage.
07:41 Come on, let us shoot!
---------
16:49 Roger, I've got uh eleven Iraqi KIAs [Killed In Action]. One small child wounded. Over.
16:57 Roger. Ah damn. Oh well.
17:04 Roger, we need, we need a uh to evac [evacuate] this child. Ah, she's got a uh, she's got a wound to the belly.
17:10 I can't do anything here. She needs to get evaced. Over.
17:18 Bushmaster Seven, Bushmaster Seven; this is Bushmaster Six Romeo.
17:20 We need your location over.
17:25 Roger, we're at the location where Crazyhorse engaged the RPG fire break.
17:37 Grid five-four-five-eight.
17:46 Well it's their fault for bringing their kids into a battle.
17:48 That's right.
---------
18:29 I think they just drove over a body.
---------

What does this tell you about these so called soldiers?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is how it will or should be reported in the US mainstream media...

US mainstrem media must be cleared to report this, and if they do must include the complete military version of these events.

Of course the collateral causalities are an unfortunate circumstance of war, and the US military was acting within their rules of combat and engagement.

These reporters should not have been there it is their own fault, the van should not have shown up with children inside, again their fault.

All of the military personnel involved should be given medals and commendations for their fortitude in the face of these diabolical enemies and for their profound restraint and expertise in their specific targeting and elimination of obviously hostile combatants .

Okay guys, you can run the story now.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Brahmanite

Thanks for posting the videos.

I tried to download them off of youtube using the Youtube Downloader, but I kept getting the error message "No Flash Video Found."

Is anyone else having this problem?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wired.com has picked it up...

www.wired.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
BBC

WikiLeaks posts 'killing' video‎
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

it tells me that they did there job, and they like doing it nothing more nothing less.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Holy hell, Wikileaks sure doesn't mind stepping on the tail of the lion does it?! No wonder they're such a huge target by the IC. I can't imagine after releasing classified military data that the DOD will stand to be made fools of for much longer. Any US based operations of Wikileaks mirrors / servers will probably be torn down right quick or at the very least I imagine IC agencies will find some way to remove their domain from the root DNS servers.

They're playing with fire.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
For all those that think this guy peeking around the corner had an RPG I think we can firmly debunk this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acc675145287.jpg[/atsimg]

The man is squating, looking into the viewfinder of a camera with a telephoto lens.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

You couldn't be more wrong, naive, or ignorant. Does anyone here know what war is? What happens? Yes, it was a horrible shame that children and reporters got killed, but it happens. Mistakes happen in war all the time. It would be nice if ONLY the bad guys got killed, but this is REAL life. People mistake cameras for RPG's and weapons.

The difference between us and the people that we kill is that we apologize and admit mistakes. Our soldiers are out there doing a job for their country to the best of their ability, but there is never a 100 percent positive identification system for insurgents. You do the very best that you can. For example watch the video and see how long it took for them to shoot. They can't just go around shooting random places, they have to get permission.

I would be interested who those people were that were killed. Why were the journalists there? What lead the military to believe this group of people were insurgents? Was it just the fact that the two journalists were there with their cameras that were mistaken for weapons?

It is so darn easy to post something that says WE KILL INNOCENTS and everyone is quick to believe it. I've learned that people are quick to believe whatever is printed before having all the information.

I don't advocate the killing of these people, but I'm not going to jump on any 'bash America' band wagons either. Its easy to point fingers from positions of safety, but being in a war zone is a far different matter. Americans try VERY hard not to endanger women, children, AND the innocent. But again... accidents happen. This is a war people. If your afraid to get a bloody lip then it might be best to just pull out.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
For all those that think this guy peeking around the corner had an RPG I think we can firmly debunk this.

The man is squating, looking into the viewfinder of a camera with a telephoto lens.

That's CLEARLY a camera with the long lens.

Good find...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

The soldiers in the helicopter clearly thought he had a weapon they even say something along the lines of "we got a guy firing now hes behind a wall"

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
Wired.com has picked it up...

www.wired.com...

Picking it up? Rather, putting it down. The article is about how Wikileaks operates and how they verified the story. It's not about the story itself. This isn't really reporting on the event this is reporting on the reporting.

Big diff. Wired fails.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
everybody in this world is a terrorist
depending on who you ask

I am labeled a terrorist by my government
for not agreeing with their agenda
and taking of our civil liberties

These people in the video were considered terrorist
by my government for just being on the street

and best of all

I consider my own government terrorists

Shame on you
This is appalling and makes me
sick to my stomach.

To those in the US Military
How long are you folks
gonna let this continue???

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
For all those who support this war that is illegal, after watching two little kids blown to bits by helicopter pilots whos IQ is probably smaller than their shoe size judging by their radio chatter, and then being denied US medical aid and being sent to an Iraqi hospital where death is a certainty, i'd like to ask you a question -

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

The nation today should hang its head in shame.

But, its only the death of 15 Iraqis, so this will never make MSM.

Stop the world, i wanna get off.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The think progress article is a good one, IMO.

Is The U.S. Military Covering Up A 2007 Killing Of Reporters And Civilians In Baghdad?

During an event this morning at the National Press Club, whistleblower website Wikileaks unveiled that it has a video, obtained from unnamed military sources, from one of the Apache helicopters involved in the attack. The video, which has now been uploaded to YouTube and placed on a Wikileaks website dedicated to the incident, appears to show that the military’s helicopters attacked the Reuters employees unprovoked, apparently mistaking their cameras and tripods for weapons. The video does not show the victims firing on U.S. military personnel, nor does it show that they were any apparent threat.

If the video is indeed an accurate portrayal of events, it would appear that the military’s official response to the events is inaccurate and that it has not been telling the truth when it claims that the Apache attack “occurred after security forces came under fire.” Additionally, it would appear that the Apache pilots in question violated the 2007 U.S. Rules of Engagement for Iraq, which permit the use of “deadly force” only against individuals who “pose a threat to Coalition Forces by committing a hostile act or demonstrating hostile intent.”

Opposing view from examiner.com.

(Video ) Wikileaks CIA op one of many Down Under

WMR in the article, CIA, Mossad and Soros behind Wikileaks reports that last week, Wikileaks claimed to have decrypted video footage of a U.S. Predator air strike on civilians in Afghanistan, covert U.S. State Department agents following its editor from Iceland to Norway in a surveillance operation and having one of its interns detained for questioning.

"Iceland's financially-strapped government recently announced a policy of becoming a haven for websites that fear political oppression and censorship in their home countries. However, in the case of Wikileaks, countries like China and Thailand are suspicious of the websites' actual 'ownership,'" reports WMR.

"Our Asian intelligence sources report the following: 'Wikileaks is running a disinformation campaign, crying persecution by U.S. intelligence- when it is U.S. intelligence itself.'

"There are strong suspicions that Wikileaks is yet another Soros-funded "false flag" operation on the left side of the political spectrum," reports Madsen.

Madsen reports:

"In January 2007, John Young, who runs cryptome.org, a site that publishes a wealth of sensitive and classified information, left Wikileaks, claiming the operation was a CIA front. Young also published some 150 email messages sent by Wikileaks activists on cryptome. They include a disparaging comment about this editor by Wikileaks co-founder Dr. Julian Assange of Australia. Assange lists as one of his professions 'hacker.' His German co-founder of Wikileaks uses a pseudonym, 'Daniel Schmitt.'"

link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
---------

What does this tell you about these so called soldiers?

I don't know about them... but I know what it tells me about you. It tells me you've never been in the military or in a war situation.

Yes, its brutal.. but that's war. You pump yourself up to kill the bad guys and treat death as if its funny. If you don't you go insane and can't do your job.

link   
So wait, is this video important or not? From some of the replies I'm seeing in this thread, some posters are trying to justify every single action taken in the video as "war" and that Wikileaks hasn't released anything special. This video, the 7.2 earthquake, the shuttle launch, and unemployment benefits being lost to millions, and what do I see on CNN?

Tiger Woods returns to golf.

link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
reply to post by MahNameABorat

If it updates every hour I am sure more than 359 people saw it within the first hour.

It is just so that the video doesn't make the top popular vids. ALSO YouTube can manually remove videos from the top popular list if they deem necessary so it's gonna wild.

I hope you are right though, YouTube has no right to stop the spread of this video.

What's interesting is that youtube has blocked access to/flagged the vid.

You have to be logged in (have an account) to be able to view it.

"This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community.
To view this video or group, please verify you are 18 or older by signing in or signing up."

Easier to keep track of who's "interested" i guess, if you force them to login.

BTW, i'm unable to post any comments there. I'm assuming due to traffic.. anyone else?

Just finished watching the d/l 40min version.

Hellfire missile blows up building and innocent passer-by on sidewalk. Snuff. Guy was totally oblivious just minding his own business and then in the blink of an eye he's gone.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just remember, when we see those commercials telling us to sign up for the armed forces and they show a soldier carrying an injured child, it was probably us who injured him in the first place.
Btw, that van driver and his partner deserve a medal. They risked and gave their lives trying to save another. There is no greater act of selflessness. Those were the only heroes I saw on that video.
Godspeed Gentlemen.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
why is it kind of hard for me to find this info? this is kind of a big thing.

could only easily find it here

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join