It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

****HUGE**** Shooting star - Just seen in Edinburgh!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think I saw the same thing. USA here,

When I see a shooting star its usually lasts a split second. But what I saw last night lasted way longer, and it was moving due east. Really high altitude, moving incredibly fast. Took no less than 10-15 seconds to cover my whole view of the sky before vanishing.

I believe it was around the same time this thread was posted 2

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Well]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I find it deplorable that there are so many slams to this thread. The OP stated in the start of his post he had no proof. Even though this one lasted longer than normal meteors or meteorite sightings, I would still be much more skeptical if he HAD proof. Especially at 2AM his time.

If I were going to make up a story to get attention, I would "acquire" all sorts of videos and everything else. Shauny himself stated near the beginning of the whole thing he never expected this to go anywhere.

He had an experience of a natural occurrence, and came here to post it to share it with others. The event was seen by at least 2 others members from what I have read. This kind of thing happens all the time, maybe just not quite as large a rock as this was.

We are actually in a slow meteor shower part of the year, but activity should start to pick up later this month. However, most meteor showers are basically "space dust." This sounds way to large to have been from some normal occurrence of a routine shower, and was probably a meteorite that was breaking up as it entered the earths atmosphere, hence the different accounts of the seemingly same event.

Don't be discouraged Shauny or anyone else for that matter. Don't let nay sayers get to you. Keep posting your experiences.

And now let the slamming of ME start because I again backed the OP in his obvious fraudulent post just to get attention.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK

Originally posted by bladebosq

Originally posted by GW8UK

Originally posted by bladebosq
ok i'm a little confused right now...

did this happen in the Scotland or the UK?

OP says he's from Scotland but a lot of people here are saying UK... so whats up with that?

Idiot.....
I know that texas is an american state
Why do you not know that scotland is in the uk?

Well according to you i'm an idiot, so there's your answer...

sheesh...some people...

so i guess you know every state in every country of the world?

because you know texas is an american state i must know scotland is in the UK?! great logic there buddy.

Are you an american?

oh so just because i didn't know Scotland is part of the UK you assumed i was American, must be right... i mean there is no other explanation.

oh... i'm Brazilian by the way...

so let me ask you this, do you know any states around here, besides São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by bladebosq]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Dear webpirate

You will not get a slamming from me as I agree totally with your statement.

The very idea that someone would have photographic equipment with them all the time is to say the very least ridicules.

Only tourists carry a camera with them at all times. So they can inflict there travels on relatives and friends on there return home.

A large fireball races across the sky followed by choppers, by the way has anybody any idea what type of choppers they where??? You would expect this to be picked up by the media and if not why not??

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Saw this post earlier today & found it fascinating!

Well this is a little far out but I was looking through some of the bible codes earlier & a prominent one that seemed to come up frequently was 'MARCH 01, 2010 - COMET IMPACT, UTAH'. Funny how the date is almost exact! (I'm guessing just hours out.) Just the location that's a bit out lol.

One such website here: bluebeerriver.blogspot.com...

Anyways just thought I'd share this observation, please don't flame me as this is my first post at ATS!

Fazza

EDIT - just realised we're in April, not March. My bad!

[edit on 2/4/1010 by Fazza!]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here in Texas about 3 or 4 months ago, my wife and I were sitting out late smoking...then I saw this huge white greenish ball of fire heading straight for the highway. I said, "look!" She only saw about the last 3 seconds of the thing but it was amazing. Just fizzeled out. Glad I saw it. My dad was jealout, cause he loves that kind of s**t. I'm 44 years old, and have only seen that twice.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I find the information that there are large booming or hammering sounds after passage of the alleged meteor to be most intriguing.

As many know a sonic boom (and multiple ones at that) will trail a object exceeding the speed of sound. However they don't continue to be generated for a long time afterwards. What energy source is making the booms?

One easy fit I can think of is a scalar electromagnetics weapon test - large standing wave plasma bottle moved across the sky (meteor), tracked by millitary radar and various other pulsed endothermic 'cold' explosions (booms continuing after event) in the sky to distract and confuse further.

The shuttle launch of November 26, 1985 saw a particularly significant test of this kind. In this case, a very loud "sonic boom" or explosion occurred over the launch site 12 minutes after shuttle liftoff, when the shuttle was already away and downrange. At least two previous shuttle launches had also been used as pseudotargets, with delayed booms occurring over the launch site well behind the vehicles.

www.skepticfiles.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bladebosq

Hi bladebosq!

Just to clarify...
The UK is the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).

Great Britain is comprised of England, Wales and Scotland.
(Try google earth for a look?)

Scotland is the Northernmost third (or thereabouts) of the main Island of Great Britain.

The OP is from Edinburgh, which is located in East Central Scotland, (The narrow "waist" of Scotland) and the object was apparently sighted heading for/near the Forth estuary (try google earthy again, for "Forth Road Bridge" and you'll get a good idea of the area.

Hope this helps?
G

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion
If that’s what you saw then you are very privileged to see such a thing - I would love to. Its nigh on impossible to film something like this unless you have SOHO! ...

Sometimes, a fireball occurs during a time when a lot of people are out -- and when a lot of video cameras happened to be going.

A case in point is the famous "Peekskill Meteorite" of 1992 -- which, by the way, I happened to witness while driving. The Peekskill meteorite happened in the Northeast U.S. on a nice Autumn Friday evening when a lot of people were out and about. There happened to be 16 different people who caught the Peekskill Meteorite on video. Several people caught it while filming various high school football games -- Friday nights in the Fall being the traditional time for high school football.
Peekskill Meteorite Videos

I mentioned that I witnessed this meteor while driving my car near my home in Pennsylvania...However, coincidentally enough my brother in Maryland also witnessed it streak across the sky.

[edit on 4/3/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I saw a big red 'planet' from my window in Glasgow one evening low in the southern sky. It could have been the moon I suppose, but it was about twice the size of the moon and it was red.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So we're seeing larger/lower than normal shooting stars, all over the world, and the MSM is completely ignoring it, coming at the same time as huge comets and asteroids slamming into the sun, and we've seen similar huge hits on 2 other planets in the solar system?

I've never given any real credence to the stories of Nibiru, but I have to admit, the evidence is starting to mount up.

We have the official story flat out denying it's existence, and it's proponents are being portrayed as quacks and loonies. All of this at the same time we're hearing about near misses we almost missed and NASA ending the reporting of asteroids and meteors that hit us. We cannot know for certain that there's nothing out there headed this way, because NASA itself has told us that we can only search so much of the sky at any one time, and there's just far too much space around us to know where everything is at any one time. So what does their absolute refusal to the possibility of Nibiru mean?

We're seeing this spate of large meteors that isn't being reported. I guess the next step will be to see if these increase and are being seen by more people. So, time to stop walking around looking at your mobile phones, people. Stop to wonder if we're being trained not to look up, and start keeping your eyes peeled.

If there's nothing to see, there's nothing to see. But I for one will be giving the Nibiru stories a lot more credence if we start to see regular and increasing larger asteroids whizzing above our heads.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
well op dont wory m8 . i was in greenock and saw a bright white light in the sky . 3 of us seen it shoot across the sky in about a second and diaapear over he hills this was so fast no time to get the phone out and recrd . no noise off it . but i would say this was a ufo as ive seen shooting stars before and this did not lok the same .

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

not seen anything here in Dundee as of yet (Dundee for you that dont know is approx 60 miles north of Edinburgh) was it coming down south / south east ? i was up with my daughter approx 2:15 am and seen a satalittle trail or shooting star due south, going by google maps if the object was over Edinburgh would be in the Musselbourgh / preston pans area, was also greenish white colour.

[edit on 3/4/2010 by weemadmental]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just want to add to that this sort of this isn't too unusual in this area, i mind when i was at school we had went to St Andrews to get a bit of studying done before our exams (approx '99) (didn't get too much done
), there were a group of us out heading towards the abbey ruins with a carry out and there was a meteorite in the sky, there was no noise at all and was like a charcoal brickette that had been lit and thrown through the air, it had parts breaking off of it and looked like the trails off of a sparkler, it was a burnt orange colour, and was heading south down towards Edinburgh we were near the cinema and were looking due east.

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
I once saw a gigantic daytime fireball; no one else saw it, and I live in a major city. It is always amazing to me how nobody looks up. It really is possible to see something incredible and for nobody else to see it.

Hope you get some more corroboration of your sighting.

Yes, isnt it?

crossing broadway at west 73rd street, looking south across the little park at the subway station... blue sky at sunset, orange sunlight on the tops of the buildings. A fireball appeared at about 10 oclock looking south, that was very slow, slow enough for me to look over my shoulder to see if it left a shadow... and it did!!

It was about 5:15 PM, the street was filled with people coming home, all were looking at the sidewalk in front of their feet, I stood looking about, hoping to see JUST ONE other person, who witnessed this, to share the thrill with.. and NOT ONE PERSON NOTICED, out of perhaps 1500 or so people ..on the busy streets of NYC at rush hour. I was the only person who had stopped, turned around, and looked up at that instant.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
had a quick scan of google and your thread is being discussed Here

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
So we're seeing larger/lower than normal shooting stars, all over the world, and the MSM is completely ignoring it

No, we are not seeing larger, lower, or even more meteors than normal.

This has been going on since long before you or I were even here.

Unfortunately, because you happen to have heard of a few recent events, you are jumping to conclusions, and that is not unusual either. I have seen it every time a thread like this comes up on ATS.

Why?

I'll tell you why...

Firstly, you are on a forum where all kinds of news, that would normaly escape the MSM is collected together, so you get to hear about events that you might not have picked up on before.

Secondly, there are more cameras, news gathering, and of course the explosion of the internet, which have all brought events to the general public's attention that were usualy the preserve of meteor researchers, and astronomers previously.

I have been involved it studying these events for over a decade now, and yes there are more events like this being reported (for the reasons given above), but there is no indication that anything out of the ordinary is going on here.

Meteors, and quite large ones at that, are alot more common than most people suspect, but then most meteors occur over sea or sparceley populated areas, or in daylight when noone can see them. The general public for the most part dont notice these things, because most people dont look up anyway, and its only recently that we are just finding out just how often reasnoble sized fireballs occur.

As for meteors appearing to be low down or lower than normal, that is a common optical illusion that people who witness a large fireball often experience:
DID I ACTUALLY SEE A FIREBALL LAND NEAR ME?

Instead of you (and most of ATS) getting your panties in a twist over nothing, how about doing a bit of research? Or has that gone out of fashion now?

Here are a selection of threads that I have collected together - all the answers are there if you look. I will not be repeating myself - I'm through with ATS and it's spurious claims of "deny ignorance", and I won't post on here again.

NEBRASKA FIREBALL 9 p.m. Central
Just saw a unique "fireball" - looking for info, if any
South Africa Nov. 21 - Another big fireball/meteor (w/video footage)
Meteor Crashes somewhere in Johannesburg!
Midwest megameteor makes media madness
Great Western Fireball
Green Fire Ball flies across the Calgary morning sky (3/29/09)
Fireball and flash in the sky alarms Utahns
Indonesian Super-Bolide Explosion ( why wasn't this on the news?)
Did anyone see what dropped out of the sky in northern ca. 5pmish 11-7-9
Asteroid explosion over Indonesia raises fears about Earth's defences
UFO crash in Russia last week
Fireball over Holland(w/ pic!)
Breaking: UFO in Northern Germany
The Meteor Shower That Wasn't A Meteor Shower
Huge light over the gold coast city
Bright Blue Flash and Burning Blue Object in Night Sky - PA
Really bright shooting stars over the North-East of England
Father captures mysterious flash speeding across the sky on his camera phone
UFO Sighting August 7th 2009 appx. 8:37 EST
Are Meteorites Treated as UFOs?
Unidentified Object crashes into QLD mountain
Close Encounbters in Siberia (TUNGUSKA with VIDEO Link)
Boy Hit By Meteorite Travelling At 30,000mph
Military Hush-Up: Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified
bright green fallign thing
Intense White Meteor
Another Meteor Fireball: Ireland
UFO mar31/09 streaks across calgary sky leaves a lot of people asking..
Loud explosions in Hampton Roads area
UFO-induced "Non--sonic" Boom Rattles So. Cal?
UFO - meteor like object with sonic boom above Dallas and Austin Texas!
Possible UFO crash in Saudi Arabia - Millions Of Witnesses!!
Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada
Big blue light over sweden
UFO over Tok Alaska
Nice video footage of Meteor over Croatia
Green meteor/fireball sighting?
Heads up - it's a Taurid Swarm year!
Utah meteor?
Green Meteorite (??) spotted North of Toronto
Russian News: Camera Recorded Strange UFO at Night
Clay tablet sheds new light on ancient asteroid "impact" in Köfels
Fireball Over Polk County
Green Fireball UFO crash in Oregon last night
Bright Meteor 10/9/08 seen over Chicago. Did anyone see it?
Fireball in sky, 1st November
Fireball lights up night sky in Switzerland March 01/08
Mysterious Fireball Prompts Dozens Of 911 Calls
Big fireball SW USA - 18th Jan
Mysterious "Fireball" seen over 4 US states Today
Monday, Jan. 19th at 16:28 UT, a huge fireball was seen in western Norway
Reports of ANOTHER very large fireball
A few meters planetoid will hit Earth
Major Bolide Forecast Tonight; No Damage Expected
A Shooting Star?
meteor 10-9-08
Bolide Footage From Melbourne
weird green ball with tail
Possible UFO Crash In Finland (Video)
Unusual Observation

[edit on 3-4-2010 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Try this one, Jock! Don't forget your camera next time! This incredible shot took place in New Zealand (not the UK for US readers) of meteorite on 1/4/10. Here's the link :

www.stratfordpress.co.nz... /

mclinking

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Originally posted by TheIrvy
So we're seeing larger/lower than normal shooting stars, all over the world, and the MSM is completely ignoring it

No, we are not seeing larger, lower, or even more meteors than normal....

...Why?

I'll tell you why...

Firstly, you are on a forum where all kinds of news, that would normaly escape the MSM is collected together, so you get to hear about events that you might not have picked up on before.

Secondly, there are more cameras, news gathering, and of course the explosion of the internet, which have all brought events to the general public's attention that were usualy the preserve of meteor researchers, and astronomers previously.

You are exactly right, C.H.U.D.

Every time a meteor is caught on camera, someone on ATS says "OMG! Why are so many more meteors being seen?"

My usual answer (similar to yours) is that it's because there are so many more cameras -- security cameras, web cams, cell phones -- than there were just a few years ago.

[edit on 4/3/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
To the OP, was it similar to the one seen in Canada earlier... for reference:

If so I kinda find it hard to believe that no media agencies reported it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join