It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

****HUGE**** Shooting star - Just seen in Edinburgh!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
News without proof here I am afraid.
I live in central Scotland, North/West Edinburgh.

Was having a cigarette outside the kitchen window (Facing South)
and From the east i seen AND heard this roar...it looked 2 x the size of a bus, was deffo 100% a shooting star. It was dipping very hard as it went out of sight. Seemed to be heading towards Falkirk/Grangemouth, round about that way.

This never burnt out, it HAD to have hit land.
It streaked into earth, and it looked as big as a plane as it was at eye level as it disappeared behind a building (i live at the top a big hill)

Lets hope we hear nothing else about this .............

Shauny

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wee update..

can hear helicopters coming from that direction.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Whoa, 2x a bus you say?
Now that's a sight to behold, I wish I could have been there to see it. It is not every day you see a shooting star, let alone one that size.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Go check it out!!!

Pictures! Might not of been a Meteor, could have been an airliner on fire! You could be the first responder and save some lives man!! Go Go Go

-Kdial1

[edit on 1-4-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wow.... so you heard a roar of an object the size of 2 school buses streaking across the sky!

How far away do you believe you were from the object?
Do you think it might have been a ufo?
Did it have a trail of a shooting star?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
That's big enough to either leave a pretty large debris field by breaking up before it hits, or to leave a huge crater. It shouldn't be hard to find, even if it didn't land near you.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
wow....some comments there

Can hear banging coming from the Sky now.
No idea what it is.
Sounds like a construction site that is round the cornor, its 2:30+am here.

Anyone near me that can hear this ?

Deffo a boombing noise when it came in, and Im still hearing what sounds like a sledgehammer hammering metal in the sky.

Very wierd...will keep updates...cant sleep.

S

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Got freaked at first but this has all the earmarks of an april fools

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey Shauny, I`m in Lasswade, I saw it, I was pretty much doing the same as you at the time too, having a smoke out the back with a cup o tea, I looked up roughly west, and saw a bright satellite fade out of view and I kept my eyes in that area of the sky for a bit to see if it would come back into view and from above my house streaking towards the east end of the pentlands, the meteor zoomed over.

I can confirm it was huge, and to me it looked very low down, below cloud level anyway.

I didnt hear it though, and it did burn out, our conflicting accounts on that score may be because of our different locations. Where about are you mate?

Anyway, it was a sight to behold, I actually said out loud, "oh ya f*@ker!!"

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Crikey! Is it still snowing heavy? Could that have anthng to do with it pehaps? Haveu got ur localradio station on, maybe there is somethng on that. U've got my curiousity for sure, Will follow ur thread, I can't sleep now lol .

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

Biggest problem with that is he is in Scotland. It's no longer April Fool's over there.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

ok back to freaking,,,no just want to see how this plays out

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nothing in a news search yet but they take forever to report stuff like this . It had to be huge to roar like that.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
Hey Shauny, I`m in Lasswade, I saw it, I was pretty much doing the same as you at the time too, having a smoke out the back with a cup o tea, I looked up roughly west, and saw a bright satellite fade out of view and I kept my eyes in that area of the sky for a bit to see if it would come back into view and from above my house streaking towards the east end of the pentlands, the meteor zoomed over.

I can confirm it was huge, and to me it looked very low down, below cloud level anyway.

I didnt hear it though, and it did burn out, our conflicting accounts on that score may be because of our different locations. Where about are you mate?

Anyway, it was a sight to behold, I actually said out loud, "oh ya f*@ker!!"

OTHER CONFIRMATION

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!! IM NOT MAD !!!!!!!

I am at the top of the Drumbrea Hill facing South. I can see the pentlands on a clear day.
Came in from the west and dipped over the hill, heading towards grangemouth I think (I cant be 100%)

This DID NOT burn up.

I to shouted "FU%%ING HELL" very loud...causing others to come to windows.

IT WAS BIG...IT WAS BRIGHT....IT MADE A BANG NOISE AS IT CAME IN..AND IT 100% DID NOT BURN UP, it was a ball of flames, going WAY to fast to be anything other than a meteorite. And from where I was, it was heading towards land.

Can you hear any noised in the sky ? helicopters ?

[edit on 1/4/2010 by shauny]

[edit on 1/4/2010 by shauny]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Biggest problem with that is he is in Scotland. It's no longer April Fool's over there.

Wouldnt even do that in fun

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah. I am really interested too. If it was as big as they say this could be a significant event.

I've been doing Google searches already but nothing yet from anywhere other than here. But he did say it just happened and I first saw it 11 minutes after he posted it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
just to say, I never heard nothing, and I was listening for a sound due to the size of it.

After reading you heard banging from the sky I went out again for a smoke and a listen, but heard nothing. From what youve said, it seems like you are located closer to where it wouldv`e been much closer to the ground than I am so maybe it was still too high for me to hear anything.

link   
Why arent you getting your camera and going to find this? Is it close enough to do so?

Start driving in the direction at least and see if you see activity!

Report back!

link   
[edit on 1-4-2010 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

Originally posted by webpirate

yeah...... It's good Friday now!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join