It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - meteor like object with sonic boom above Dallas and Austin Texas!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Apparently sunday morning in Dallas, Texas to Austin, Texas a meteor like object was spotted, accompanied with a large sonic boom. Could this be UFO activity/crash? Airforce? Debris from satellite collision? Check it out for yourself here at CNN -

story
www.cnn.com...

video
www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2009/02/15/texas.falling.debris.news8austin

*edit to add video and links

[edit on 15-2-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

[edit on 15-2-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

It's a meteor, or junk... what more do you want to hear? "It could be a UFO" because it came from space?

That's a bit like saying, that car driving down the street could be an 'alien vehicle' because it seems to have all the characteristics of car...

I fail to see the point in putting this in the UFO forum. What self respecting advanced civilization would send a craft all this way from where ever they come from, only to crash into our atmosphere?

Are we going to launch into this same old debate every time a fairly large meteor is seen in our atmosphere, even when there is NOT A SHRED of evidence to suggest anything other than a natural meteor or junk reentry?

This topic is also being discussed in the following threads:
Possible Satellite Debris Falling Across The Region
Breaking News: Two Satellites Collide In Orbit

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
hey my friend im just putting it out there for people to see. there have been plenty of ufo crashes - its unidentified, flying, or falling, and its an object. thats why i put it here. it created a sonic boom, just thought some would be interested. mods delete the thread if you feel the need. have a nice night chud.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
there have been plenty of ufo crashes

I have yet to see proof that stands up to any scrutiny that even one 'UFO' (if you mean intelligently controlled advanced-propulsion craft) has ever crash landed?

All I am saying, is, the question you asked is leading, and although this is no court of law, there has not been a single scrap of evidence that any UFO (by the above definition) has crashed before, so why start a thread off with a question that leads like this, when there is no evidence here (or before) that anything other than meteors/junk has crashed?

What evidence do you have that this was a UFO and not a meteorite/junk? Booms don't really count, since meteorites/junk can also make them. If there is none, then perhaps you would edit your OP to be a little less leading, please? Thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
11:00 A.M. this morning our time (Central Time) in Central Texas ... houses shook, windows rattled and falling satelite debris was spotted and reported from Mexico to Houston. Sonic booms were reported as well.

I have no doubt, the Austin and Dallas similiarities of the same date and time and description are ALSO satellite wreckage.

No longer "unidentified".

Edit to add reference: www.kbtx.com...

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

there have been plenty of ufo crashes

I have yet to see proof that stands up to any scrutiny that even one 'UFO' (if you mean intelligently controlled advanced-propulsion craft) has ever crash landed?

All I am saying, is, the question you asked is leading, and although this is no court of law, there has not been a single scrap of evidence that any UFO (by the above definition) has crashed before, so why start a thread off with a question that leads like this, when there is no evidence here (or before) that anything other than meteors/junk has crashed?

What evidence do you have that this was a UFO and not a meteorite/junk? Booms don't really count, since meteorites/junk can also make them. If there is none, then perhaps you would edit your OP to be a little less leading, please? Thank you.

Roswell? of course there are going to be cover ups, and its not going to be headline news. just look at our advancements in the last 50 years - do you honestly think we havent had one ufo crash in the entire world?? come on - look it up en.wikipedia.org...:_NASA_changes_story_to_.22Russian_satellite.22

www.youtube.com...

www.ufoevidence.org...

so yeah, they probably wont make headline news because im sure there are government threats made to people, intimidation and what not. check out james gilliland iwebsite www.eceti.org and look at the black helicoptor vids and what he says about them. so yes i believe there have been crashes, but the government just wont come out and say, "yeah we have retrieved crashed UFO's from other planets, taken some technology..oh and have a good day" check out the links. i'll i was trying to do with this thread was see if this could possibly be one of those incidents. does anyone have pictures of the debris that fell to substantiate the fact it is a satellite? if not, its still unidentified. Just because our government says thats what it is, doesnt always mean its true. Someone show me identifiable pics of fallen satellites and ill shutup

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Someone show me identifiable pics of fallen satellites and ill shutup

Part of a Russian satellite that fell in NZ:

image source: www.thelivingmoon.com...

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ziggy: Re yr post: Radness

CHUD: Newsday is reporting that the FAA is unable to identify the objects and the US Strategic Command states that the objects were not sattelite debris.

www.newsday.com...

Helicopters have were sent to search for wreckage. Did you guys see the footie on CNN? I did and it the object was rather large to me, but i must admit i am dumb as paint.

If no wreckage found?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I was just about to write it must have been a space junk when I read the millitary denied that. So, my guess is, a meteorite.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenan

Uhuh, and you directly believe it when the military denies something...

If it looks like # and smells like # it most likely is #.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
well i guess it isnt even satellites now is it? mods didnt delete this trhead and now it has gotten a bit more interesting.

chud - i meant fallen satellites from this incident. not a year ago.

this is exactly what i thought may happen - none of us can prove what it is so lets keep it going.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by damagemouse

Agreed,

This, and the other events being reported now are probably natural meteors. Satellite debris would produce extremely slow meteors, and that is not what I'm seeing here.

They're never going to find any wreckage using helicopters. People always seriously underestimate the size of fallen objects, and where they fell. Usually any fallen objects are found by calculating the trajectory from footage/photos/reports, and this takes time.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

chud - i meant fallen satellites from this incident. not a year ago.

Chances are there won't be any, since both satellites suffered such an energetic collision, and what is left will probably mostly be very small pieces. Much of the mass of the satellites was probably vaporised in the collision.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
well thats why i posted it on the ufo forum. neither of us know exacctly what it is. we have no proof either way. lets just see what happens.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If I may interrupt the debunking and arguing for a moment.....

Can we talk about the video? Either my eyes are getting older, or, seconds before the object reaches the tree line, it is deflected off course.

Can a meteorite do that? Or something else that is trying to correct it's course?

It's very clear that it's original line of trajectory was altered.

The reporter just concluded a live report with CNN and he mentioned that NASA just contacted the TV station? He mentioned that right after CNN asked if any governement agency has asked for the video.

Just curious...

Edit: adding original video link from the source in Austin

www.news8austin.com...

[edit on 16-2-2009 by SlinkyDFW]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

well thats why i posted it on the ufo forum. neither of us know exacctly what it is. we have no proof either way. lets just see what happens.

We may not know exactly what it is, but that still does not qualify it as a UFO.

If I see a bird flying in the sky, I may not know what species, but it's still a bird and not a UFO.

We know this was probably a natural meteor or junk, anything else is extremely unlikely, since there is no evidence that anything else but natural meteorites/junk has ever fallen from space.

Lets try and keep it real, please?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

I also noticed this, but without a thorough frame-by-frame analysis, it's going to be hard to confirm. Some people also noticed this effect in the footage from the Canadian event last year, but that fall was tracked down, and was nothing out of the ordinary as far as meteorite falls go.

It's probably an illusion, but well done for spotting it

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, since authorities now say it wasn't remnants of the satellites that collided, then the likely answer is that it was perhaps a simple meteorite.

Until any "out of the oridinary" information or "uncharacteristic of a meteor" information comes to light, then it seems a meteorite is the best default explanation to begin with.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

We may not know exactly what it is, but that still does not qualify it as a UFO.

If I see a bird flying in the sky, I may not know what species, but it's still a bird and not a UFO.

We know this was probably a natural meteor or junk, anything else is extremely unlikely, since there is no evidence that anything else but natural meteorites/junk has ever fallen from space.

Lets try and keep it real, please?

im keeping it 100 percent real - your bird theory is well, a bird. we have no idea what this is yet. anyone with good video analasyis skills please check out the video and see if we can get any enlargments or anything. any idea of where this could have landed as well would be great - this object looks huge and had to have hit somewhere. if it is a meteor i just want proof, and if its not, lets try to figure out what it is. chud, im done arguing with you and lets please get to the facts and analaysis done on each end here, please.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

www.cnn.com...

"Early speculation was that it might have been debris from two satellites that rammed into each other. But U.S. Strategic Command said it was not."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join