It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Satellite Debris Falling Across The Region

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

POSSIBLE SATELLITE DEBRIS FALLING ACROSS THE REGION

www.crh.noaa.gov

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN JACKSON HAS RECEIVED CALLS THIS EVENING FROM THE PUBLIC CONCERNING POSSIBLE EXPLOSIONS AND...OR EARTHQUAKES ACROSS THE AREA. THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION HAS REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT THAT THESE EVENTS ARE BEING CAUSED BY FALLING SATELLITE DEBRIS. THESE PIECES OF DEBRIS HAVE BEEN CAUSING SONIC BOOMS...RESULTING IN THE VIBRATIONS BEING FELT BY SOME RESIDENTS...AS WELL AS FLASHES OF LIGHT ACROSS THE SKY. THE CLOUD OF DEBRIS IS LIKELY THE RESULT OF THE RECENT IN ORBIT COLLISION OF TWO SATELLITES ON TUESDAY...FEBRUARY 10TH WHEN KOSMOS 2251 CRASHED INTO IRIDIUM 33.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14 Feb 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Anyone in this area see/hear anything?
This is a government agency reporting the possibility of falling space debris from two crashed satellites.
The folks have heard booms and felt ground shaking in the area.
Interesting that NOAA would release this statement.
Anyone else have any info on this?
keep us posted.
Peace

www.crh.noaa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

This is all I could find so far:

Loud Boom Rocks Southern Kentucky

Posted: 11:05 PM Feb 13, 2009
Last Updated: 11:36 PM Feb 13, 2009

27 NEWSFIRST started receiving phone calls tonight telling us a loud boom, or series of booms were heard this evening in Southern Kentucky.

So we called emergency officals, to find out what is going on.

Brian Reams of the Laurel county EMS tells us they've had calls from Jackson to London, about a loud boom.

He says there are no reports of any injuries or damage.

In the last little bit, Reams says he's been told by the state police in London that according to the FAA, the boom is from falling debris, coming from two satellites that collided in space.

The debris re-entering the atmosphere caused the loud boom, and then burned up before hitting earth.

Reams says it could have covered a 500 mile area.

wkyt

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
sounds somewhat possible, if those satellites collided or whatever.
Who knows.

Watch out!

Heads!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I found this:

It’s Friday the 13th, and while the following may sound like an April Fools joke, it’s not. This is for real. The following advisory has been issued by the FAA.

FDC 9/5774 FDC .. SPECIAL NOTICE .. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. AIRCRAFT ARE ADVISED THAT A POTENTIAL HAZARD MAY OCCUR DUE TO REENTRY OF SATELLITE DEBRIS INTO THE EARTHS ATMOSPHERE. FURTHER NOTAMS WILL BE ISSUED IF MORE INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE. IN THE INTEREST OF FLIGHT SAFETY, IT IS CRITICAL THAT ALL PILOTS/FLIGHT CREW MEMBERS REPORT ANY OBSERVED FALLING SPACE DEBRIS TO THE APPROPRIATE ATC FACILITY TO INCLUDE POSITION, ALTITUDE, TIME, AND DIRECTION OF DEBRIS OBSERVED. FAA HEADQUARTERS, AIR TRAFFIC SYSTEMS OPERATIONS SECURITY

source

I thought this debris would burn up ?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Here's a post about it on another forum

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Here's post about it on another forum

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thanks all

Thanks Violet, I was just looking for NOTAMS

I am in Dayton KFFO (Wright-Patt) about 200 miles away from Jackson.
nothing here, so far.

keep them coming

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It's just speculation: I do wonder about that recent plane crash and its alleged ice theory again as well as Australia being up in flames the other day. Hmm. I don't think it's just a collision between two satellites, which should burn up on re-entry into our atmosphere. We will never truly know for sure what really happened up there. I could go on and let my imagination run wild about missiles and such.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
lol someone posted on another thread about falling fridges

heads up!!

is it a bird

is it a plane

no its a fridge!!!

well bits of one i guess

[edit on 14-2-2009 by theresult]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Haven't found anything else so far, apart from messageboards talking about it.
I'll see what else I can find.

I don't know how reliable the NOTAM notice I posted is, since no source was given and googling some of the exact words didn't bring up the official FAA warning ... unless they're hidden from public view.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The Defense Internet NOTAM service (DINS)armed services has NO Dod NOTAMS or FDC's since
the superbowl.
www.notams.jcs.mil...
This is not unusual, however.

just sayin'

That is all I will say about that.

Lets get to the bottom of this.

It may have been something else?

The fact remains that those folks heard felt something, and in response, the FAA and NOAA have made public statements.

Lets keep diggin.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
NOTAM notice.

Someone has to be kidding, how does a aircraft dodge a piece of falling space junk.

Most likely they would never see it coming.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
A bit more ....

A man-made piece of the sky almost fell on Alberta Friday morning. NORAD called the federal government warning space debris from a Russian rocket appeared to be headed for the Calgary area. And a spokesperson for the Alberta Government says they were about to activate the Emergency Response Centre to warn affected areas. But the government suddenly received word the rocket debris had changed course, falling instead into the Atlantic Ocean.

source

More about kentucky ... could have covered a 500 mile area.

source

[edit on 14-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
From NOAA

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOUISVILLE KY
1221 AM EST SAT FEB 14 2009

...DEBRIS FALLING FROM SATELLITES CRASHING IN ORBIT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY HAS RECEIVED PHONE CALLS OF LIGHTS IN THE SKY AND VIBRATIONS SIMILAR TO EARTHQUAKES FELT ACROSS THE LEXINGTON METRO AREA. ACCORDING TO NASA...THIS IS LIKELY DUE TO TWO SATELLITES COLLIDING IN ORBIT. NASA HAS INDICATED THAT AN AMERICAN SATELLITE AND RUSSIAN SATELLITE COLLIDED IN ORBIT JUST THIS PAST TUESDAY. THE LIGHTS SEEN IN THE SKY ARE PIECES OF DEBRIS FROM THE COLLISION...AND THE VIBRATIONS FELT ARE THE SONIC BOOMS CAUSED BY THE FALLING DEBRIS.

NOAA

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Here's another link from NationalTerrorAlert.com

Nationalterroralert.com.

The 27 NEWSFIRST Newsroom checked into numerous reports of sightings of blue and white lights in the sky, as well as loud booms that, in some cases, rattled homes. So far, emergency officials in Kentucky believe the falling debris from the satellites has covered a 500-mile area in North America, but has led to no injuries or damages.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Sorry once again about the repost
Anyway I wanted to add a link to a pic of object floating in our low space orbit. Here is the link, thanks Tina

www.sott.net...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well you can blame a bin laden again..one of the sattelites belonged to osamas brother

911review.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Last night when my husband and I left work sometime after midnight, I couldn't keep my eyes off the sky as we were driving home. The sky was filled with beautifully lit clouds, and while that's not that unusual, the fact that I was seeing this when normally the sky is pretty much dark was.

The moon was partially hidden by the clouds so I was even more surprised with how those clouds were being illuminated so well. I didn't hear any sonic boom, nor did I feel any shaking.

I sure hope none of this raining debris will make it through the atmosphere and land on our car that just got hit by two huge falling tree limbs. That would be weird to go outside and see a huge refrigerator on our rental car!! Yeah...I know nothing like that would probably make it through the atmosphere, but it does make for a funny thought and the visualization makes me chuckle.

Thanks for the links and info, by the way!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
one of the sattelites belonged to osamas brother

VERY interesting! Good find there sueloujo. I'm wondering if this means something bigger. Is this a case of just 'an accident is just an accident' or is there something more here?

Good work!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join