It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Satellite Debris Falling Across The Region

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

This must be these stories:

Homes Shake, Windows Rattle As Satellite Debris Crashes To Earth
* can't get the link to post

and ..

Officials say burning debris falling from sky

Despite preliminary reports by Williamson County officials that a small aircraft went down, officials now say it's likely just space debris from two satelites crashing.

Williamson County officials used a helicopter to try and locate the reported small aircraft, but they were unable to find anything.

A few days ago an American satellite and a Russian satellite collided 500 miles above the Earth.

According to NASA, it was the first high speed collision in space.

The debris field from the collision is described as huge, but scientists are still trying to determine the full scope of the crash.

Williamson County officials now believe that the fire trails seen in the sky are from falling space debris and not from a downed plane.

source

and ..

NOAA issues warning for falling satellite debris, Kentucky fireballs & Texas explosions

* can't get this link to post either, sorry
also:

Fireball over Texas
source

Possible space debris found near Waco

There are reports that debris landed in Leroy, about 7 miles northeast of Waco. Officials are investigating.

source

[edit on 15-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So.... are we having radioactive fallout in the U.S. I would guess the threat of radiation poisoning is very real... Yet nothing about that on the news....
They been warning us about dirty bombs, but in reality it's going to be dirty satellites..

don't drink the water....

[edit on 15-2-2009 by imitator]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

There are reports that debris landed in Leroy, about 7 miles northeast of Waco. Officials are investigating.

source

From the same source:

So far, no debris has been found.

As I said before, beware of reports of 'seeing something land', as for the reasons I explained before, real meteorites (artificial or natural) are almost never seen to land.

Invariably reports like this come from observers hundreds of miles away from the actual fall site. The boom is a good indicator that there was a fall, but finding anything is another matter all together. We may never find out what this was, unless it was caught by a camera, and even so, it's touch and go.

My guess at this point is that this was a small rock (asteroid), but there is a fair chance that it was also a re-entry possibly connected to the collision.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The loud booms that feel like earthquakes have been reported all over - and quite a lot in the last month or so. This would be before the reported sat crash.
I'm just wondering if there is also something else going on up there.
I know us here in Cal. have had some very unusual hits that did not feel like normal quakes. Just wondering and putting it out there.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I just received word of another bright fireball being reported from Italy, that occurred at 20:03:29 UT on the 13th. The brightness (-16/-17 mag.) was many times that of a full moon.

There is a possibility that a meteorite/meteorites was/were produced according to the source, and there is a good chance of finding it (if anything did survive) since it was captured by camera stations of the Italian fireball network.

However, the radiant (see also: here and here for more info on radiants) appears to be the same as that of the Delta Leonids, so this could have been a small chunk of comet.

If any more info finds it's way to me I'll post it here.

Edit to fix meteor/meteorite typo

My turn to step on a 'mine'

[edit on 15-2-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Good find.

Just googling the news, there's too many reports to even keep up now. The FAA and NOAA and a few others are saying it's most likely the satellite's debris, while some officials are saying it couldn't be falling this soon after the collision

My question: If it is the debris that's falling, how long will it go on for? A week, or years?
Thanks

From CNN - includes video:

Sonic booms and at least one fireball in the sky were reported in Texas on Sunday ....

There were no reports of ground strikes or interference with aircraft in flight, FAA spokesman Roland Herwig said.

Herwig told CNN the FAA received no reports from pilots in the air of any sightings but the agency recieved "numerous" calls from people on the ground from Dallas, Texas, south to Austin, Texas.

Video shot by a photographer from News 8 TV in Austin showed what appeared to be a meteor-like white fireball blazing across a clear blue sky Sunday morning. The photographer caught the incident while covering a marathon in Austin.

Herwig said most of the reports the FAA received came in about midday Sunday in an area of Texas from Dallas south to Austin.

He said he was not certain where the information that sparked the FAA notification came from, but it was "probably from NORAD," or the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which tracks man-made objects in space. Calls to NORAD headquarters in Colorado were not immediately returned.

CNN

[edit on 15-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
My dad called an elderly family friend today that lives near where the "Jackson Weather Service" account originated and they said that there was a loud boom, the electricity went out, and a nearby barn was engulfed in flames. The barn isn't on the grid and there was no lightning in the area at the time so it's safe to assume that it was struck by debris.

If I get more details I'll post back.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Just googling the news, there's too many reports to even keep up now. The FAA and NOAA and a few others are saying it's most likely the satellite's debris, while some officials are saying it couldn't be falling this soon after the collision

It's if anything more likely that these are mostly if not all natural meteors. See some of the previous posts I've made about the the frequency of fireballs at this time/time of year in this related thread (link to relevant page rather than post):

Possible UFO crash in Saudi Arabia - Millions Of Witnesses!!

spaceweather.com are also saying that skepticism is warranted:

Skepticism is warranted. Evidence reported so far does not rule out a meteoritic origin; these fireballs could be a result of garden-variety space rocks hitting Earth, as they do almost every day. Until, e.g., US Strategic Command issues a statement linking the fireballs to radar-tracked satellite debris, it's best to keep an open mind.

My question: If it is the debris that's falling, how long will it go on for? A week, or years?
Thanks

Check out my last post on this page of the other thread.

The altitude was so great most will be orbiting for decades, and some even for centuries before it finally decays, but inevitably, some will already have decayed, and the occasional bit will fall from time to time. One educated guess from someone I know, said roughly 1kg per year for the next decade, and then we may see the decay rates increase.

95% will probably be all light show since the atmosphere is good at rendering hard objects to almost nothing in a very short space of time. In terms of danger to people/property on the ground, this is much less worrying than something like the last shuttle accident, when BIG bits of debris littered hundreds of square miles. IMHO

The daylight footage from Texas (over on the other thread) could easily be caused by something the size of a 6" bolt reentering, although I think that this was a rock, and therefore much larger than a 6" bolt.

Ultimately, there's no point in worrying about these smaller falls, since they do little harm or damage (at least on the ground), and this is happening all the time anyway, as I have spent many hours explaining in previous threads on this subject here on ATS. What is interesting is the reaction when people discover that this is going on all the time, day and night, and this is just normal life.

OK, the Junk is extra, but as I said before, most of that will be light-show, and one which I for one will be looking forward to seeing

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnTheBaptist
The barn isn't on the grid and there was no lightning in the area at the time so it's safe to assume that it was struck by debris.

If I get more details I'll post back.

Ummm...

It's not safe to assume anything at this stage.

Falling debris/meteorites are usually barely even warm to the touch directly after they land. The last part of their journey to earth is usually as non-luminous objects during a phase called "dark-flight". Meteorite/junk falls causing fires is a myth or old wives tale.

Please do some research in future before you spread rumors. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, for your reports.

Special thanks to Cannabalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller (C.H.U.D.)
for his assesment of this situation. I agree that these reports are likely meteor or
bolide sightings.We may never know.

violet, your investigative tenacity gets great applause from me. Thanks

As C.H.U.D. mentioned, Ablation is the destruction of an orbital object ( man made satellites, in this case) It has been proposed that the possibility exists for a rapid escalation of satellite destruction, a domino effect, of sorts. I briefly mentioned the 3-D billiard table analogy in my above post.
In other words, pieces of these collided satellites hit other satellites, which produce
more pieces, that will hit other satellites, and so on.(Exponentialy) Until there are no more pieces left. too small to collide with each other. Ground to dust.

This Is know as an Ablation Cascade.

This is a potentially catastrophic event. I really don't mean to sound like Chicken Little here. But this is very real.

We have a large cloud (many thousands of pieces of debris) with a wide variety of
velocities That are threatening all the other satellites in or near 700-800Km orbit.

Originally postulated, This Ablation cascade was analyzed mathematically by looking at the effects that if a micrometeoroid punctured an oxidizer and fuel (maneuvering propellant) and caused 1 satellite to explode. The Hypothesis is that shrapnel from this could cause other collisions etc.etc...Until all the pieces of all the satellites are too small to collide. (notwithstanding the astronomical differences in velocities of micometeoroids, the result is still the same)

Creating what is known as the Kessler Syndrome. (I know, I thought of that Kessler too, not that kessler, but we all may need a case of their fine whisky if this happens)

Kessler Syndrome renders access to space impossible, by virtue of all the lethal pieces of space debris in orbit.

In this real event, we have two destroyed satellites with many thousands of pieces in unpredictable orbits (ie. flying apart at huge velocities 17,000MPH plus)

Now if all of the above was true and the governments of the world know about it,
do you think they would tell us?? I don't.

But on the bright side of this Scenario, only aliens that can dematerialize their craft will be able to enter our inner air-space. Ahhh..the clever humans ... they created this minefield on purpose

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

It's if anything more likely that these are mostly if not all natural meteors. See some of the previous posts I've made about the the frequency of fireballs at this time/time of year in this related thread (link to relevant page rather than post):

Possible UFO crash in Saudi Arabia - Millions Of Witnesses!!

You have a valid point.
When I filed my fireball report, I went to the page they provided where they'd posted it. There were tons of daily sightings, all varying in description, and these were just the US and Canada and just that one reporting agency, and also not all get reported. So I did learn right there that it's a much more common occurance than we may realise - but I conveniently forgot about this, so it's good to remind people, as you have just done for me.

Still though, I think with this week's sightings it's because the FAA started attributing them to the debris, albiet inconclusively, was that done in haste? That's what got my attention, as I'm sure it did others.

@Zeptepi
Thanks - my "investigative tenacity" is just something I like to do if the subject interests me. Sometimes I get carried away digging

[edit on 16-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I found this:

It’s Friday the 13th, and while the following may sound like an April Fools joke, it’s not. This is for real. The following advisory has been issued by the FAA.

FDC 9/5774 FDC .. SPECIAL NOTICE .. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. AIRCRAFT ARE ADVISED THAT A POTENTIAL HAZARD MAY OCCUR DUE TO REENTRY OF SATELLITE DEBRIS INTO THE EARTHS ATMOSPHERE. FURTHER NOTAMS WILL BE ISSUED IF MORE INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE. IN THE INTEREST OF FLIGHT SAFETY, IT IS CRITICAL THAT ALL PILOTS/FLIGHT CREW MEMBERS REPORT ANY OBSERVED FALLING SPACE DEBRIS TO THE APPROPRIATE ATC FACILITY TO INCLUDE POSITION, ALTITUDE, TIME, AND DIRECTION OF DEBRIS OBSERVED. FAA HEADQUARTERS, AIR TRAFFIC SYSTEMS OPERATIONS SECURITY

source

I thought this debris would burn up ?

Yes, and how in the name of christ can it create shaking and booms/bangs?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

I was just wondering about all the different reports from around the world. Is there a graphic available that indicates all of the "debris" sightings? How large were these satellites? It just seems like a lot of sightings of big objects.

The Ablation Cascade possibility is indeed frightening.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

I thought this debris would burn up ?

Yes, and how in the name of christ can it create shaking and booms/bangs?

Because they probably jumped the gun, and assumed it was junk.

Chances are (as said before) that it is not.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
doesn't it bother anybody that there was that fireball that crashed onto saudi arabia last month, now debris from a (supposed) space collision this month?... isn't it rare that we have so much falling from space, but it's all explained away? what me worry? (alfred e. newman from mad magazine face inserted here)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

was that done in haste? That's what got my attention, as I'm sure it did others.

Exactly. It's not unusual in cases like this to have lots of confused reports, and without knowing a fair bit about the nature of events like this, it's easy to make a wrong assumption based on flawed reasoning/inaccurate reports.

Bodies like the FAA should be more responsible, but for whatever reason, even they fall into the same trap.

It's a similar pattern every time something like this happens, and it's quite frustrating, since I usually end up having to straighten out all the confused info, and no one (or very few) want/s to believe a lone voice on a conspiracy forum like this, which is understandable I guess, but still quite frustrating!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Evidently some of the debris was seen Sunday morning in Texas. See the link below. Somehow I just don't believe that two communications satellites (one Russian) accidentally collided, but perhaps I'm wrong. Coincidentally I watched Space Cowboys yesterday.

www.statesman.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
doesn't it bother anybody that there was that fireball that crashed onto saudi arabia last month, now debris from a (supposed) space collision this month?... isn't it rare that we have so much falling from space, but it's all explained away? what me worry? (alfred e. newman from mad magazine face inserted here)

No. Why should it?

This occurs all the time, and most people are unaware of this... until they come on here (or a forum like this).

Those of us who spend time observing the sky (and there are lots of us - more than you know), and who are connected with the meteor observing community, have been quietly aware of this for many years.

It's only relatively recently that the MSM has been picking up on this, mainly because there are now more cameras than ever, and before now many of these events were not in the public glare.

Now that they are, people who were not aware of this before are understandably thinking that something unusual is going on.

Please check the links I have posted previously for more info.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Same ol' Tesla Flying Machine that been around for years now. The trail cover seems to be diminished at this low level pass. A ball of electrostatic discharge surrounds the craft in any case. In some ways its a flying radio antenna and who invented radio: Tesla. Unlock the books of electricity dudes before we hear more about global warming and have to be Illuminati jerkers.

cnn - texans report falling debris in austin

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join