It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge light over the gold coast city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hey guys, first of all i'll say i have no photos or video, i just wanted to know if anyone else saw what i saw. It was at about 9:45pm ( qld aus time), I was driving home with my family from dinner, my nan lives on top of Pacific pines hill, were there is a great view of the whole of surfers paradise and the rest of the gold coast.

We looked out at the view and over the city was this Huge triangular light, orange in colour. It was not a plane or a helicopter. My whole family saw it and we were like "what is that". By the time we got to my grandmothers ( about 10 oclock) we lost sight of it and could not see it any more. Just wondering if there is anyone else that lives on the coast that saw it and had any thoughts on it.

Thanks guys,

Cherryduck

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In this day and age where everybody has a cell phone, why dont you use its camera?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I didn't have my phone or anything with me, I went out for a family dinner ( my nan was paying). Also we only saw it for a few minutes( the car was moving), I was trying to figure out wether it was a plane or not, which it wasn't from the size of the light. Also it was about 15km away, and it is night time, it wouldn't have shown up on a camera ( especially a phone one)

Cherry

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

I will go out and have a look
Have seen similar myself.A few years back one was moving over Carrara towards Palm beach at around 1am one saturday night it flew above us no sound at all just a big triangular mass going overhead.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Palm Beach ..... where I grew up!

Maybe the ET's are looking for me? Can some one tell them I now reside in Hong Kong!

Some one get some pics this would be very cool

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Thanks, lol. There were five of us in the car and we all saw it, I would say it was just north of the Q1 building in surfers paradise. When we got to my nanas my brother and i ran across the vacant block next to hers to see if we could see anything but nada.

Cherry

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You sure it wasn't the small blimp they sometimes get for the football at Carrara Stadium?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

It sucks that i couldn't get a picture of it, but honestly even if i had it would have been a flash of light on a black background lol. A picture of it over the city would be awseome lol. That's why i thought i'd put it on here, so we can keep an eye out.

Cherry

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
You sure it wasn't the small blimp they sometimes get for the football at Carrara Stadium?

It was right over surfers paradise, like i said just north of Q1. They don't fly the blimp through there, it wasn't over the ocean, defiantly over land.

Cherry

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am sure its one of our own the RAAF jets from Amberley air force base
would of been here in no time at all to check it out.

thanks

Ocker

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, it was during sun-set, so that suggests that you might have been observing the (foreshortened due to perspective and/or high altitude atmospheric conditions) contrail of a jet lit by the setting sun, which could make it appear to be triangular (more or less) and orange.

Did it resemble any of these examples?

Tried to get the third link working, but it refuses to work whatever I try. Any mods out there feel free to fix the link if you can

[edit on 10-10-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

The sun is well and truly donw by 10 oclcok at night on the eastern side of australia, and no it didn't look those ( thanks for the thought tho) it look like a triangle of light ( best way i can describe it).

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

My bad. I should have checked to make sure. You are right of course.

new topics

top topics

join