It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

****HUGE**** Shooting star - Just seen in Edinburgh!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by diamount

What i seen was similar to the video but it didn't light up the sky like that, it was the same colour also, maybe it was a smaller meteorite?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental

What i seen was similar to the video but it didn't light up the sky like that, it was the same colour also, maybe it was a smaller meteorite?

Maybe, I'm by no an expert in this field so maybe someone with a little more knowledge on the subject can fill us in.

But really... on your daily rounds as a policemen and that thing comes out of nowhere.. I'd probably have heart attack.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just got back from a dinner evening at a friends house. Towards the end of the evening the host mentioned thats she hard heard about this object in the sky because somebody had phoned in to a radio station about it and she heard this on the radio.

I wasn't able to find out which radio station / programme but I will ask her again tomorrow and see if she can remember.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladebosq

Originally posted by GW8UK

Originally posted by GW8UK

ok i'm a little confused right now...

did this happen in the Scotland or the UK?

OP says he's from Scotland but a lot of people here are saying UK... so whats up with that?

Idiot.....
I know that texas is an american state
Why do you not know that scotland is in the uk?

Well according to you i'm an idiot, so there's your answer...

sheesh...some people...

so i guess you know every state in every country of the world?

because you know texas is an american state i must know scotland is in the UK?! great logic there buddy.

Are you an american?

oh so just because i didn't know Scotland is part of the UK you assumed i was American, must be right... i mean there is no other explanation.

oh... i'm Brazilian by the way...

so let me ask you this, do you know any states around here, besides São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro?

Oh, sorry, I assumed you were american, that was wrong of me, but your english is good!
i was wrong to think you were american and from brazil i can understand why your not 100%familiar with UK, I do know abit about brazil and provinces but I take an interest with geography and topography outside of my mainstream education (although ive just turned 18)

I hope youll except my Humblist of apologies
x

[edit on 3-4-2010 by GW8UK]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
To the OP, was it similar to the one seen in Canada earlier... for reference:

snip

If so I kinda find it hard to believe that no media agencies reported it.

Not really. Fireballs are a relatively common occurence. The only ones that are reported by the media are usually the ones that get caught on film.

The media feels it's a boring news story without the film, so most fireballs don't get covered by the media.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

Originally posted by weemadmental

Maybe, I'm by no an expert in this field so maybe someone with a little more knowledge on the subject can fill us in.

The characterisics of meteors are extremely variable, and depend on many factors such as size, velocity, composition, and enrty angle. Every meteor is different, and this can often throw people, as most have only seen the plain every day variety of shooting star, which is usually white, not too bright, and fleeting.

Spend time under the stars on an active night, and you will see many other kinds of meteors. Most are plain, and you may need to spend a few hours and/or choose when to observe (during the peak of a major shower like the Perseids) well, or just have a bit of good luck when you are going out for a smoke, but impressive meteors are actually not to hard to see if you are determined to see them.

This guide I put together has a bit more info on some of the things you can expect to see.

It's still a few months away, but anyone who wants to see some spectacular meteors should spend a night (you may have to try a few times before you get a very memorable night, but it's worth it once you do) watching the peak of a shower like the Perseids (or the Geminids, or the Quadrantids - these are the best showers usually and are expected to be good this year).

Get yourself a sleeping bag if you dont already have one, and search out previous posts I made on here which have observing tips for meteor showers. Remember, if you want to stand a good chance of seeing something, a little bit of patience is the key... the longer you spend looking, the more you will see, and you will see spectacular meteors

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I find it quite strage to hear helicopters shortly after...i dont think they get dispatched to meteors or fireballs since they happen so often...its got to be something more especially if we hear nothing about it and if helicopters were in fact dispatched.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BDIDDY425

I just stepped out for a breathe of fresh air a few minutes ago and I saw the largest, most beautiful meteor I've ever seen. I wouldn't say it was huge, but it was pretty decent in size. I find it funny that all of the times I was looking for them, I never got to see any, but I step out for just a moment and a few seconds later I get dazzled. Never fails.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Shauny i live on the other side of the forth and i saw something odd like u describe yesterday being 24/09/11 anytime about then ?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DInglis

the original post was from close to a couple years ago now, might be interested to hear a description of what you saw
edit on 9/25/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join