It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly explosion goes off at Moscow Metro station

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

Thanks Emerald the Paradigm. I made a bet with my friend that you'd be in this thread claiming "false flag" within 5 hours after it was created. I just got an extra $10.

This " everything is a false flag" stigma ATS has is starting to wear on me. When it gets to the point where everybody thinks it's a false flag before a real incident, you know the powers that be have brainwashed the public good. Could it end up being a false flag? Maybe. However, we do not yet have all the facts, and a terror drill being run nearly a month ago proves jack squat. Even more compelling, GorehoundLarry shown evidence that these attacks have been happening for many years now.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
We hear of the brutality caused by the Chechens inside Russia, but the Russians have been known deal with Chechen civilians quite ruthlessly as well.

Both the federal and separatist armies have been widely criticized by human rights groups such as Amnesty International for alleged war crimes committed during the two Chechen wars, including well-documented accusations on both sides of rape, torture, looting, and the murder of civilians.

en.wikipedia.org...

The two countries have a long and bitter relationship to say the least.

en.wikipedia.org...

This recent bombing, if it was indeed caused by Chechen rebels, you can bet the heavy hand of the Russian Army will descend on that territory as it has in the past. As of the article below from April 16, 2009, combat operations have virtually come to a halt in Chechnya.

Russia ends 10 year Chechnya crackdown

Russia on Thursday ended its decade-long military crackdown in Chechnya, claiming stability had returned to a territory torn apart by two wars since the collapse of communism.

The "counter-terrorist operation" saw Russian forces crush separatist rebels who controlled the majority-Muslim region, and its end could lead to the withdrawal of thousands of troops from Chechnya.

The head of the Federal Security Service (FSB, ex-KGB) Alexander Bortnikov "cancelled the decree imposing an anti-terror operation on the territory of Chechnya, effective from midnight", Russia's anti-terror committee said.

"The decision is aimed at creating the conditions for the future normalisation of the situation in the republic, its reconstruction and development of its socio-economic sphere," it added in a statement.

www.google.com...

Russia is still wild place, although the economy seems to be improving. There is still poverty, corruption, assassinations, and gangland shootings in the streets. It could be anyone or any group sending a message to the Medvedev/Putin government. It could be political dissidents, right-wing extremists, organized crime, or Islamic terrorists from the Caucasus. Perhaps, black ops are still going on in Chechnya involving the FSB and special forces, but the Western media is not going to get any coverage of that.

Then, the current President of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, is alleged to be a puppet of the the Russian Federation.

en.wikipedia.org...

In addition to allegations of inflicting atrocities and terror upon his own people.

Human rights organizations and independent journalists have documented patterns of abduction, detention, disappearances, collective punishment, extrajudicial executions and the systematic use of torture by Russian and Chechen authorities, including Mr. Kadyrov. The separatists have unapologetically employed terrorist attacks, including on children.

www.nytimes.com...

Here is a glimpse into Chechnya under the reign of Kremlin backed President, Ramzan Kadyrov.

People &Power - In the court of the Chechen king - 21 Oct 09

Maybe, this large explosion at the train station is a response to that? However, it is to early to say it is the Chechens who are responsible for this recent massacre, because it could a different group or element. Now, allow me to put on my tinfoil hat for a moment, and speculate about one possible cause of this recent attack.

It may very well be the Russian government and a false flag to to bolster more government authority, make a political statement, or ensure support for the reelection of Vladimir Putin as President in the near future? It is rumored that Vladimir Putin is toying with the idea of running for President in the next election. Who really knows, but the affairs in Russia are definitely strange from a Western standpoint. We will just have to wait and see how this one is sorted out.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
If a bomb goes off in Russia or China the primary suspects are the ones with most terrorism priors and that's London and Washington. Even if the people of Britain and the USA despise their governments evil-doing they are incapable of making any change. Here's a snippet from the Independent from around this time eleven years ago illustrating how sick these people actually are. This was an US-UK attack on a Byzantium Christian, Slavic nation, just like Russia. Note the religious hatred (they bombed on Byzantium Christian Easter).

The Harrier Hawks, which are housed in huge white tent-hangars, carry 1,000lb bombs covered with graffiti, some of which was less than friendly: "Happy Easter" and "Hope you like it!"

The so-called "Chechen conflict" began at the precise moment the USA-UK bagan their encroachment on Caspian oil reserves during the mid-1990s. Must be a coincidence, right ?

Since then, they have been outmanoevered by Russia at every turn: largely pacifying the South, securing Turkemnistan gas, defeating Georgia's NATO Pact dictator psycho-Saakashvili, securing signatures from every transit nation and even securing (non-transit) French participation. The US and UK have all but lost the regional (South Stream vs Nabucco) pipeline game. It would appear that the recent US-UK rapprochement, to merge the two projects (an apparent admission of defeat) was rejected by Russia.

In the backdrop of all this Russia's international reserves increased by a further €4bn to €350 in March, steadily clawing back the rescue money they spent dealing with the financial crisis. They were doing just fine. Who would want to destabilize them, one wonders... Maybe I listen to too much Tarpley but this stinks of geo-politics.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Anotherly cowardly act carried out on my home and people by the disgusting, brutish Chyechens. They are a blight on this planet, bringing nothing but destruction, hatred, and death wherever they go. I understand that they want to break away (as if their little region could ever survive autonomously), but killing children, women, and other innocents will only bring the full wrath of the Russian army.

I hope every single person involved in this disgusting plot is found. Unlike some nation's, we deal with terrorists swiftly and brutally.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
at least 37 died thats what I am reading here ... "terrorist attack"

just tell me, what is a terrorist attack ?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
just tell me, what is a terrorist attack ?

Deliberate violence against a civilian population to force political change.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
STRATFOR is reporting two separate blasts. They are alluding to work of Muslim extremists.

Red Alert: Two Explosions Hit Moscow Metro
March 29, 2010

There have been two explosions on Moscow metro systems March 29. The first explosion hit the second carriage of a metro train stopped at Lubyanka station and the second at Park Kultury station. Ten people were initially reported injured in the first blast with an unknown number injured in the second blast. With two blasts approximately 40 minutes apart in Moscow subway stations it is most likely it was coordinated terrorist attacks in Russia’s capital.

According to STRATFOR sources in Moscow, the two locations of the attacks on the subway in the city are symbolic. The first attack in Park Kultury is symbolic in that it is one of the city’s cultural centers being located near Gorky Park. The second location of the attack at the metro station of Lubyanka is nearly under the Federal Security Bureau’s headquarters—former KGB headquarters—the security hub of Russia. According to media reports, the attacks were caused by suicide bombers at the peak of rush hour in Moscow. Thus far, rumors are flying that Muslim extremists are responsible for the attack. In the past, there have typically been spring-summer attacks in Moscow in February, and spring is just now arriving in the capital. STRATFOR will be closely watching the situation for more details.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

No I don't. But it's ridiculous always blaming the government on acts of terror.

Actually, the government (any) have motive, means and opportunity and there are always politicians/ministers that benefit from any disaster. Was it Geitner who said "don't let a good crisis go to waste?"

And anyway, the government has a large group of propaganda people, roughly 87% of the population who say things like, "But it's ridiculous always blaming the government on acts of terror" or "it can't be the government, they were so prepared they had the hazmat team there 30 minutes before the crash, explosion, insert crisis here...."

Considering the state of the world, political agenda and we can't forget history, it's likely a government did "it."

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 3/29.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

No I don't. But it's ridiculous always blaming the government on acts of terror.

Actually, the government (any) have motive, means and opportunity and there are always politicians/ministers that benefit from any disaster. Was it Geitner who said "don't let a good crisis go to waste?"

And anyway, the government has a large group of propaganda people, roughly 87% of the population who say things like, "But it's ridiculous always blaming the government on acts of terror" or "it can't be the government, they were so prepared they had the hazmat team there 30 minutes before the crash, explosion, insert crisis here...."

Considering the state of the world, political agenda and we can't forget history, it's likely a government did "it."

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 3/29.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

It was not Secretary of Treasury, Timothy Geitner, but President Barack Obama's Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanual.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
damn you GoryLarry

i never thought i would say this.... it's time to lay down and die... as a species...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

No, that was Rahm Emanuel.

The fact that goverments are most capable of committing these acts makes them an easy scapegoat. I can see no benefit to Putin for pulling this off.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
If you ask me the Russians should be running the war on terror. Right or wrong, they have had to deal with terrorism just as bad as anybody else.

The problem with that is that, apparently, terrorism was invented on September the 11th. No country in the world had ever experienced terrorism before then.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Putin would have absolutely no reason to create such a "false flag" event. He has the support of nearly the entire nation when it comes to military action in Chyechneya. These people have done nothing but sap Russian resources and shoot our soldiers while their "patriots" hide behind women and children. It's disgusting and barbaric. Then, the biased "Amnesty International" has the GALL to blame Russian forces when we try to capture or kill these terrorists.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Believing that the government did it is immature , same as believing that the rebels did it.
No conclusions can be drawn until we will see the repercussions of what happened today.

But from my point of view one thing is sure. The president of Chechnya , Ramzan Kadyrov is a ruthless and feared man and nothing is done without his permission or knowledge . He is an ex rebel himself.

The close relations between him and Putin are well known . It's hard for me to believe, almost impossible, that this went on without the knowledge of Kadyrov , and after all Kadyrov is a man who wouldn't cheat Putin's confidence considering all the help he had from him

But i repeat myself, it will be premature and childish to draw conclusions regarding who is behind it. We will only understand after we will see what will happen next following this sad event

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

Kadyrov is just the person we put in charge of the region. The separatist groups functional independently of him, despite our hopes to the contrary.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

Kadyrov is just the person we put in charge of the region. The separatist groups functional independently of him, despite our hopes to the contrary.

I strongly believe that if the separatist groups were to exist "independently of him" he would have had the same faith as his father

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I can only hope Russia finds out who is responsible for this cowardly act and totally obliterates the group responsible. No doubt we'll be seeing the group get what's coming to them then they'll cry about how Russia is the aggressor just like Georgia did.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It's always sad and disheartening hearing things like this.

Why do people do this? Killing innocent people you don't know that pose no threat to you... it's so nonsensical and cowardly. Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Chechen rebels are claiming responsability for the acts. I just saw it on my local news station. Does anyone have an online source?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

If you ask me the Russians should be running the war on terror. Right or wrong, they have had to deal with terrorism just as bad as anybody else. Do you remember that school that got butchered?

Of course it remains to be seen if the was a terrorist act, but even if they clam it is not I am going to cry foul.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Russia is as much of a Terrorist as these groups.. If you call the Chechen rebels terrorists don't hesitate to call Russia a terrorist state in the same manner, other wise you will be pushing for dis-info ..

Your opinion is diluted.

And I thought ATS MODS were more factual than normal members. what a shame.

Back on topic..

Hope this is not an excuse for more death and destruction.. Russia is as smart as the US therefore would take any opportunity at hand, if enough secrecy is present.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by oozyism]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join