It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly explosion goes off at Moscow Metro station

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Deadly explosion goes off at Moscow Metro station

news.bbc.co.uk

At least 15 people are reported killed in an explosion on the Metro system in central Moscow, reports say.

The blast happened at the city's central Lubyanka station, reports quoting security sources said.

One report on the Russian news agency Tass puts the death toll at 25.

The cause of the blast was not immediately known.

More to follow.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If you ask me the Russians should be running the war on terror. Right or wrong, they have had to deal with terrorism just as bad as anybody else. Do you remember that school that got butchered?

Of course it remains to be seen if the was a terrorist act, but even if they clam it is not I am going to cry foul.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I thought most of the "terrorist" were driven out... or over to Chechnya?
Or was that simply said because it has a large number of believers in the Muslim faith?

*sigh*

I feel terrible for all those.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Russian media says at least 26 dead...

At least 26 dead as blast rips through central Moscow metro

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Watching info right now on fox news.

And now they are saying a second explosion.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Justaposter]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Yeah, I'm following it online. These Chechnya's are pretty sneaky in attacks in Russia.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Well I made no mention of any terrorist, just stated the fact that if it was done with explosives it was a terroristic act. And yes, the terrorists that killed the childeren in that school were mainly from Chechnya. I don't understand the point you are trying to make. I was just thinking that if this was going on in the good 'ol US of A, you could bet that George Bush would be leading the charge with hundred of Anne Coulters in tow splashing through the flower gardens of Toronto and dropping Daisy Cutters on restaurants where drones thought they shoulda coulda woulda seen A terrorist go inside minutes before. Don't yell at me for calling a duck a duck, your preaching to the choir.

Clarifying

[edit on 3-29-2010 by William One Sac]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Sad day for Russia, but not new. My guess is it was Chechen related.

For years now, there has been severe tension between Chechnya and Russia, fighting over land and independence.

Thousands of innocent lives have been slaughtered int he conflict.
Other Russia/Chechnya events:
Beslan School Hostage Takeover - 100 children killed

Moscow Theater Takeover - 200 Russians killed

Numerous Beheading Videos
Link to Video
WARNING: DO NOT CLICK THE VIDEO ABOVE IF YOU SUFFER FROM WEAK STOMACH. It is real footage of a beheading of a Russian soldier committed by a Chechen rebel.

Dagestan Massacre which was one of the most ruthless events in the war
Link to Video
Once again, this is highly graphic footage of the Massacre. Be advised.

The war will never end and if it does, it has left one hell of a bloodbath behind.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Do you think this might bring Russia as an ally in the war on terror? I don't doubt members of other Muslim extremist groups are working with the Chechnya. It's just how this will all play out in the media.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Do you think this might bring Russia as an ally in the war on terror?

MAYBE... But I can't see them going back to Afghanistan again LOL

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Agreed, BTW Fox news is reporting 41 deaths so far.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I think it would be great if it would unite us, however I feel that that this is just going to be used as a leverage againt the Russians. The distrust and animosity goes way to deeply between the US and Russia. I don't fully understand why, but there it is. When the wall went down NATO tried to push its way into once Russian territory way gto quickly and is instrumental in many of the headaches Russia has right now. Case in point the terrorism.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Is it 25 or 41?

www.foxnews.com...

Second line

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Any signs of false flag yet?

Searching for reports of "terror drills" in Moscow...will report back.

---

I'm back, found this from March 3, 2010:
Russia holds assive anti-terrorism exercise

The drill aims to test the combat capability of security forces in case of terrorist attacks, and hone the cooperation between the Interior Ministry and the law enforcement agencies from federal districts.

Well, I guess Russia wanted to make sure their troops didn't forget their training before the next terrorist attack happened. That drill ended less than 3 weeks ago.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

It is 41 and no it's not a false flag!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Any signs of false flag yet?

of course it's a false flag
we have been conditioned response
u can only cry wolf so many times
before the wolf eats you

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

How do you know it's not a false flag?

You don't.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

No I don't. But it's ridiculous always blaming the government on acts of terror.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Seems to me that the extremists are starting to lash out at their closer neighbors since their ties to the far west (US) have been dwindling. Its too bad that it has to be this way at all.

And to those claiming false flag already, you do nothing to help the cause of those looking for truth in events that have transpired that may be the work of rogue government organizations. You see it every day on the news, some lunatic blows himself up in a marketplace in the middle east, killing dozens or hundreds of innocent civilians, very rarely do they manage to take out any westerners. There will always be a time when these extremists get their heads out of their @#!$ long enough to make it to more westernized areas to perform these ludicrous acts.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Takamuri]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It's not a false flag. This event will be forgotten within a month anyway, like most if not all terror attacks in Russia committed by Chechen rebels.

I'd take the side of the Chechens, as I once used to but their crimes against children is ruthless, repulsive and downright degrading to the human species.

Yes, Russia has dropped bombs on villages slaughtering thousands. However, when you lead a team into a school to terrorize and murder children, you lose any support you may have...

A forgotten and ignored war.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join