It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are discriminated against and 'treated with disrespect', senior bishops warn

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by antonia

As for the head scarf, I thought the myth was because the angels were lured by women and bore children with them because of their beauty. I could be wrong. I think the burqa is worn because the men get very jealous and they are very hot headed.

I only know a bit about it because we have quite a few Muslims living on the army base. You see them around in the Hijab from time to time. The Burka is the full head to toe veil. The Hijab is just the headscarf. From what I've read of the verses, the command is to modesty and it's interpreted by some circles to mean women need to cover themselves. Some say just the hair, some the whole thing, quite a few don't cover their hair/faces at all. It's a lot like Pentecostals who believe women can only wear skirts/dresses, can't cut their hair or wear makeup. It's all open to interpretation I guess (i grew up in those circles).

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Well, for 40 years it was OK before the old health and safety nutjobs started cutting their nazi-esque swathe across the country... She could also by a silver one in which bugs are destroyed when they come into contact... But I guess if she did that they would have something to say too... Hijabs collect bugs... Do they get disinfected ones that go with their scrubs?? I doubt it... Do Sikhs get the same with their turbans? Again I doubt it...

This is just another attempt at political correctness end of story, because she was able to wear her cross for the last 40 year with no problem.. Why such an issue now??

Anyway... I am more interested in the control issue that has been done with the whole divide and conquer routine.. Cant you see that is what they are up to??

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1
"Christians are being discriminated on..."

I wonder why...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by antonia

Cant you see that is what they are up to??

Duh, but coming out crying "They are discriminating against me" when the whole game is to get you to fight with the other side tells me you don't quite understand the game. And over something trivial to boot? Something that isn't even religious discrimination because as has been explained by others, there is no command in the bible that tells you that you have to wear a cross?

[edit on 31-3-2010 by antonia]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Christians are trying to force doctrine on others all the time in the U.S. It must be nice to not have to deal with that in the UK.
Oh but we do! Whats scary is that many of the most vocal & politically active christian groups in the UK are funded from the USA.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

The only real comfort this 21st century Christian can take is that these things have been foretold and must come to pass.
I always get a chuckle out of this idea. Lets examine this great prophecy shall we?
If you encourage or attempt to force people to live in unnatural ways, you may succeed for a while, but eventually they will get annoyed. If you continue, you will be persecuted.
If the tome upon which you base your ideas is self inconsistent, then so long as people have neither the education nor leisure time to study it properly, those ideas can be accepted. Once the flaws are spotted, if you continue to promote the ideas, you will be seen as a hinderence to society & persecuted.
If you evangelise about your views on something which is completely intangible, you will annoy those with different beliefs & be persecuted.
Oh, it takes a holy prophet to work that out. Here is my prophecy, which, in 2000yrs Drumians can take comfort in: knoweth ye that any that behaveth like unto a dick shalt be persecuted.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
As Health & Safety is getting a bashing here, regarding whether a person should be prevented from wearing something at work, I'll relate a suprise I got a few years ago. I was complaining to a friend about having to spend money on what seemed pretty pointless H&S measures. It turned out she is related to a senior EU H&S person!
She told me that the reason why there are now so many more regulations is all to do with insurance. Apparently, the problem is that without clear proceedures & the equipment to counter every assessed risk, which then make complying with them the employee's responsibility, insurers will put up premiums in anticipation of legal action by employees or customers for injuries, or actually refuse cover. So basically, blame the rise in litigiousness.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Its not you are right, however for nearly 2000 years people have as an outward expression of faith... Much like the hijab or burqa.... However nobody is legislating against that huh???

Why are you not bemoaning that too??

Or is it Christianity you have the problem with? Either way it matters little to me.. What does however is a persons right to worship however THEY CHOOSE... If that is wearing a cross or a hijab then so be it...

But the only thing that seems to get enacted on is if a Christian does something... That creates divisions... An us and them attitude.. And the guys who make the rules are sat rubbing their hands together and laughing at us...

The bible tells us to carry our cross every day... Maybe we should get a big cross and carry it about with us?? It says so in the bible, so is an order and part of our "religion".... What would those people have to say about THAT I wonder!?.....

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

The bible tells us to carry our cross every day...

well that depends on how you interpret the bible really, The cross the bible is speaking of is inside of you, it is inside of your forehead (which is much better that the mark of the beast imo)

what does the cross represent and what does it represent to you, this is what they mean to carry with you everyday.

/mine is tattooed on me so I carry it and/or wear it also (when I dress in short-sleeves that is) but its always there, in fact mine is so deep lasers could not remove it! it's just usually under my sleeve... not on it.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Imagine that, the thing most responsible for war, disillusionment, and society ills is discriminated against and disrespected. Hard to believe.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Yeah I know...... I was taking it to a literal level for the arguments sake.... Can you imagine it though??? Funny....

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

yes literal is for those without vision, the really awesome thing is it reads like someone is writing to a child when you get first read of it. (so ironic, but necessary)

how do these words of images make you feel ? is what the authors are trying to portray. It is much more powerful than just words because these words actually mean something... something important, kinda like the best love song you ever heard

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
New Horizons, Talking 'bout A
True, Defiant, Alliance
We Won't Be Bound Or Buried
And to The Earth are to Re-Marry
Until We've Found, The Light Inside Us.
It's True We Stand Divided
Well, What Ya Gonna Do
Is Find A Way To Get Yourself Excited
Yeah, Incite It!
We've Got To Wise Up
And Rise Up
Let Your Third Eye Glow
And Be Your Guide Up

\m/ -Scott Weinrich

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Oh but we do! Whats scary is that many of the most vocal & politically active christian groups in the UK are funded from the USA.

And they appear to be on the increase BD, your local chapels and churches are declining very quickly but the fundie types are becoming more vocal and aggressive recruiting a few of the younger members of the coffee evening mob.

I find their recruitment tactics not too dissimilar to that of Network Marketing companies and Scientology etc, in that they appear to focus (but not wholly) on people (generally younger) with troubling issues in their lives.They have nothing to offer people who are happy and well adjusted mentally.

There has recently been a scary increase of what are commonly known as "street pastors" and their ilk in the UK who spend their evenings stalking young people and children in the evenings trying to "bring them to Christ" .

This type of behavior should be of concern to parents in that, I have personally witnessed quite a few of these child stalkers claiming that. Should parents not take responsibility for the children when their out and about then "they will".

I have taken this issue to a local authority demanding that any so called christian "street pastors" and self styled"youth workers" be subject to the same stringent safety and criminal checks as any other person intending to come into contact with children.

I cannot fro the life of me see how a christian can claim he's being discriminated against if he's asked to conduct himself in a manner as everyone else.

To go about demanding greater respect than anyone else is an affront to the rest of society. The public can no more be demanded to give reverence to people who happen to speak to an invisible man in the sky than people than they do to people who hang out at shopping malls talking to fairies .

It would appear that stories such as the thread topic are on the increase as we see Christianity in its' death throes in the UK.
I have no doubt that US type fundamental type chrisitianity will steadily increase in the UK but will be steadily beaten down along with other religions trying to influence the population by the voice of reason.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

Yeah, why do the British people continue to let their rights be stripped from them?

Simple answer mate, complacency and laziness, when people spend more time and thought planning what they're going to watch or wear on the weekend than they do planning the rest of their lives, someone else will do their thinking for them.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniperThere has recently been a scary increase of what are commonly known as "street pastors" and their ilk in the UK who spend their evenings stalking young people and children in the evenings trying to "bring them to Christ"

and it is all you can hope for in these times is that some may actually have the right message and actually help people to stimulate their 3rd eye which if logic prevails brings them to Christ.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniper
reply to post by Bunken Drum

There has recently been a scary increase of what are commonly known as "street pastors" and their ilk in the UK who spend their evenings stalking young people and children in the evenings trying to "bring them to Christ" .

Two non Christian posters who admit fear of Christ/Christianity?

This type of behavior should be of concern to parents in that, I have personally witnessed quite a few of these child stalkers claiming that. Should parents not take responsibility for the children when their out and about then "they will".

I have taken this issue to a local authority demanding that any so called christian "street pastors" and self styled"youth workers" be subject to the same stringent safety and criminal checks as any other person intending to come into contact with children.

I cannot fro the life of me see how a christian can claim he's being discriminated against if he's asked to conduct himself in a manner as everyone else.

What advice did the local authority give you? There have been church run childrens and youth groups close down, sometimes leaving no local social networking opportunities for young people, because they lacked the resources to comply with 'stringent safety' regulations.

Any group working with young or otherwise vulnerable people in the UK must comply with making relevant checks and carry out appropriate risk assessments of anyone applying to work with them. Their insurance may be cancelled or the premiums raised to unmanageable levels otherwise! Each of these local partnership workers has been CRB'd, the proceeds of which go into the coffers of the Association of Chief Police Officers.

Companies and organisations who carry out their business in public places must comply with any police regulations or local bylaws covering use of public places and as such, will usually notify the police and local authority, of their intentions.

I for one am very glad there are youth workers on the streets actually doing something that may prevent young people, to borrow a govt slogan, 'letting drink make their decisions for them'. That some of these youth workers are Christian rather than the local warden services and police community support officers that they work in partnership with, should not frighten you.

To go about demanding greater respect than anyone else is an affront to the rest of society.

How have you concluded that Christians are demanding greater respect than anyone else?

The public can no more be demanded to give reverence to people who happen to speak to an invisible man in the sky than people than they do to people who hang out at shopping malls talking to fairies .

Why do you feel that Christians have demanded that the 'public' rever them?

It would appear that stories such as the thread topic are on the increase as we see Christianity in its' death throes in the UK.
I have no doubt that US type fundamental type chrisitianity will steadily increase in the UK but will be steadily beaten down along with other religions trying to influence the population by the voice of reason.

Secular communism failed to kill Faith. All attempts to outlaw Faith resulting in Faith being suppressed and hidden away but rather than being crushed into nothingness, Faith actually flourished in some communist communities and congregations grew. Why do you think that non communist secularism will be any more successful in killing faith?

It is not reason that seeks to silence Christianity, in the UK it is the voice of the insecure
80%+ secular majority.

[edit on 1/4/2010 by teapot]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniper
reply to post by justinsweatt

Yeah, why do the British people continue to let their rights be stripped from them?

Simple answer mate, complacency and laziness, when people spend more time and thought planning what they're going to watch or wear on the weekend than they do planning the rest of their lives, someone else will do their thinking for them.

100% agreed! Welcome to ATS!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Much like the hijab or burqa.... However nobody is legislating against that huh???

People are legislating against it. Caught what those Belgians did?

Why are you not bemoaning that too??

Because people can actually pull out the Qua'ran and some you where the command to wear a headscarf is.

But the only thing that seems to get enacted on is if a Christian does something... That creates divisions... An us and them attitude.. And the guys who make the rules are sat rubbing their hands together and laughing at us...

Oh please, Christians stomp on plenty of people. I can introduce you to pagans who won't practice their religion or mention it outside their home because of constant attacks from ignorant Christians. Hell, the pentacle was banned in the school dress code here even though it happens to be a pagan religious symbol. Don't see you crying for those people. Atheists who are harassed because they happen to not be Christians. Stop acting like everyone hates you and is out to get you. Christians are the majority in the western world. For someone screaming about how it's all divide and conquer you seem pretty good at picking a team. If you got the idea, why in the heck are you still playing the game?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

and it is all you can hope for in these times is that some may actually have the right message and actually help people to stimulate their 3rd eye which if logic prevails brings them to Christ.

Seems like the priesthood had been capitalizing on the concept of bringing children to the awareness of a third eye, though I doubt very much it was the intangible one you allude to.

If christians have a message that failed to gain the interests of the parent then they damn well ought to stay away from the child or accept the consequences for creepy stalking behavior.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join