It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are discriminated against and 'treated with disrespect', senior bishops warn

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by Bunken Drum

dang brother you really need to stop drinking, I can't make heads or tails of that post... is it a cut and past of someone else's opinion and not really related to this conversation the rest of us are having in this topic ?
1st, I'm not your brother. You are a follower of a slave's religion, practiced, in the main, by contemptible fools. That you also claim not to understand plain English, yet can apparently use a net connection, brands you as either dishonest or suffering from some form of cognitive dissonance. My brothers & I are attempting to use what intellect we have, with integrity & what courage we can muster. Its sad, but the impaired are disbarred.
Still, hey, I may be wrong. If you really think I'm OT, you know where the ALERT button is.
As it happens, regardless of the mods views on my contempt for christianity, nobody can claim that pointing out that christians were told, in the alleged words of your most holy figure, not to judge others, or you should expect to be judged similarly, is OT in a thread about judging christians. Nor can anyone claim that the judgement that a great deal of humanity is making about christianity, ie that it needs to be @least prevented from holding any political power, if not actually stamped out, is not a reciprocal response to the judgement christianity has enacted upon others.
Right here in this quote you've invited others to judge my words perjoritively by attempting to cast aspersions on my sobriety. So it would only be fair if I did the same, according to your own doctrine. I've already done it. Nevertheless, let me also add that, even were I drunk out of my mind, that would not prevent me from having the gist of the history of christianity, its pernicious effect on individuals & societies, nor the mechanisms of its inevitable downfall @my fingertips. I'm just that hardcore...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I agree wholeheartedly. No Christian worships the Pope.
Catholic or non-Catholic.
Catholics worship the Holy Trinity-God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit- alone.

God Bless~

you too... and here is a gift for you, as it was for the shoppers

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I'll repeat this part of your last reply to me:

not really related to this conversation the rest of us are having in this topic ?
What, you failed to answer my arguments b/c you claimed to see hate; you then accused me of having no relevant argument; when it was explained for you, your response to the thread is to ignore such argument & post an open letter to Barrack Obama? Oh, I can see it now...
*"Mr. President," an aide interrupts the POTUS, "a matter of grave concern has arisen on ATS." The POTUS covers the phone with his hand, "Cant it wait?" he asks.
"'Fraid not, sir." the aide says worriedly.
"Mr. Hu," the POTUS speaks into the phone, "I'm real sorry, but we've got a situation here. I'll have to get back to you."*

The quote I referred to from Black Adder is "you twist & turn like a twisty turny thing". As amusing & pertinent as that sketch is, I'm reminded of an even more relevant parallel.
Fundamentalist christians in Britain claimed persecution, back in the good ol' days when persecution meant something. Yet, despite this perception of persecution, they were able to charter ships & amass the wherewithall to found new colonies in wild country. Hmmm... I reckon my youngest niece could've done a better job of persecution. Still, what did these fundies do the moment they arrived in their new home? Set about persecuting others.
Perhaps there's a genetic factor, or maybe its just a product of christian dogma, but making specious accusations then, shortly thereafter, doing what has been alleged, seems to be a common christian modus operandi. There are countless examples of this but here's a little known 1:
The Quaker women of Nantucket used considerable amounts of laudanum & polished wooden dildos, called a "He's At Home". Holy masturbating junkies, Batman! Yet were only too glad to condemn "vice" in others. Judge not...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum:
What, you failed to answer my arguments b/c you claimed to see hate

no my friend I just see no reason in arguing with you, I am a proponent of Christ... there is no doubt in my mind so debating with you would be senseless right ? and I am not going to be your stereotypical christian you claim to hate so much and try to convert you or convince you... you'll figure it out on your own. Now I did not get any further than your quoted comment above but if you have any serious questions I may be able to help you with just ask.

peace...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH, normally your post are pretty good.

Too bad this one was a joke.

Knives aren't allowed in schools...oh wait unless you are sikh.

Hat's aren't allowed in class...oh wait, unless you are muslim, hinduh, sikh, actually any religion that asks for headress' of some sort.

The only time jewelry is JUST jewelry is when it is Christian jewelry. Any other time it is a RELIGIOUS piece and the rules are bent around it.

And it is the same at work. I have to buy specially made safety gear when I hire Hindus, why because I can't make them take off their turbans and it is a massive safety risk with our equipment. If he were a christian I could just say take it off or get out.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

if you have any serious questions I may be able to help you with just ask.
Why yes, Master, I do:
1) What do you think your conduct in this thread looks like? To recap: you brought it back from the dead with a quote I claim is as worthless as the Pope's opinion on fornication; you went off on tangents about catholicism, the Reformation & colonisation of America; you were shown to be factually in error; you then claimed not to have read more than 1 sentence of my posts but to have found hate therein; frustrated by your weasely style, I made an unequivocal statement about why its right to discriminate against christians; you suggested I was drunk & OT; I explained the relevance; you posted an open letter to Obama; I drew a parallel between falsely accusing me of irrelevance, then going OT yourself & historical christian behaviour; you responded again by claiming not to have read more than a sentence but found hate.
To rephrase the question, do you think anyone else thinks you are above this discussion, or is it likely you look like you've nothing to say but cant help saying it?
2) Can you demonstrate how these 2 sentences you claim to have only read contain hate? If not, perhaps you'd care to quote me & point out the hate in sentences you apparently didn't read? Success would establish that you're not trying to weasel your way out of the discussion.
3) Is there anything that makes you think that ignoring my points will prevent me from showing the faults in yours?
edit on 23/11/10 by Bunken Drum because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Anyone who argues about religions is a fool.

Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

The Left atheists in the UK has made much more 'progress" than their friends in the US have made against their central thought enemies - Christians.

Communists have a long track record of murdering millions of their thought enemies so the church is right to call the Left out before they "progress" to the predictable slaughter.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Anyone who argues about religions is a fool.

Simple as that.
Well, if one's purpose is to convert someone from 1 religion to another, without their having asked for more info etc, or to cause a committed follower to give up religion, then I'd agree its foolish. However, in this modern world, there are many people who are nominally of a particular faith, but for whom it plays no part in their deliberate lives except for births, marriages & deaths (+ rites of passage for some). For these people, reading a debate in which the flaws of a particular religion & the flawed thinking concomitant with religion per se, are exposed, may just be another grain of sand on the side of the scales that tips, hopefully toward giving up accepting someone else's spiritual ideas & seeking one's own, or maybe just a little less willingness to foist a faith onto that person's children.
Its a forlorn hope, but the intransigence of religion has been challenged before. History shows that, when the time is right, a groundswell of popular opinion has forced change. Its my belief that the time is right to see christianity off into an inescapable decline. Humanity can get to the rest when the time's right to kick the teeth of their dogmas in later.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

well it would seem that the Sun is setting on the British Empire... their only redemption now would be to rekindle their unity through Christ and his word. That is before someone else who are not as nice as the Christians insert their idea of it...

Do you think Atheist have a place in Islam ?

I doubt it... so you may want to look into how much they love you...

edit on 23-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

I agree wholeheartedly. No Christian worships the Pope.
Catholic or non-Catholic.
Catholics worship the Holy Trinity-God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit- alone.

God Bless~

you too... and here is a gift for you, as it was for the shoppers

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

Thank you. I wish I could listen to that and will check it out again when I'm not using this dinosaur machine but I watched it to the end anyway for the sheer beauty of the visual. The film brought tears to my eyes. The outpouring of Joy was, as ever, astonishing.

edit on 23/11/2010 by teapot because: format

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

The Left atheists in the UK has made much more 'progress" than their friends in the US have made against their central thought enemies - Christians.

Communists have a long track record of murdering millions of their thought enemies so the church is right to call the Left out before they "progress" to the predictable slaughter.
This post is a good example of the pernicious effect christianity has on individuals, whether they are christian or not. It instills the thought process by which all ideas must be considered as fitting into either end of a linear spectrum, ie god vs devil, good vs de evil, spiritual vs temporal, right vs wrong. In fact, outside mathematics, there's almost nothing that can be described purely in such terms, but since human affairs are so complex, by ignoring certain arguments & highlighting others, the same concept can be made to fit either.
In this case, there are 2 fallacies. 1st that anyone who is not "right" enough, ie a conservative christian in this post's dialectic, must be extreme "left", ie a communist. 2nd that their is only religion created by a hierarchical church or no religion imposed by a hierarchical government.
The reality is that Brits from both sides of the false left/right divide have voted with their feet: if we were concerned about christianity, we'd pay to keep it, but we dont.

CosmicArtifact presents us with a similar false dichotomy: there can only be christianity or islam. Why would a whole society of people who have rejected 1 institutionalised form of brainwashing suddenly choose another?
There is another category of people for whom ideas can only be considered as 1 of 2 opposites: those of sub-normal IQ. Such people dont have to be trained to think that way, there is only "what I've been taught is right" & "what I've been taught is wrong". What about things they do like but are told are wrong? Ah, thats self-loathing...

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join