It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Immigration kills Aussie culture

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I had to reply to this as I feel woodwardjnr is claiming Aussies are'nt allowed a cultre and thats one thing I see again and again in these kind of threads.

Country X is fairley decent country to live in compared to country Y and country X is good enough to take in people from country Y.

The people from country Y are a mixture of hardworking people who make a go at actually living in country X the rest are a bunch of no good I will never learn country X's laungage and will live off the taxes of all the other hard workers for the rest of my life if I can get it types.

Now after a few years the people of country X get fed up with the bad type and speak out against them. They are immedietly labled as racists and are told that they have no culture so they should be happy that these people moved to there country to help out with.

Filling jobs that there will soon not be enough people to fill (although this really never seems to materialse, think so called baby boomer)

They are enriching country X's way of life by bring a mix of cultures with them.

What in reality happens is small no go areas for (insert any type you like here) are setup in these you never ever have to learn the languague of the host country and pretty much the do gooders will make sure your minority vioce is heard above all others.

Every country that is about today has a culture how many major countries out there are younger than 200 years?

Now 200 years is enough time for traditions to start and grow, local dialects to spring up, cites to be founded and built. So why is it some people feel the aussies, or the English,Scots or Welsh have no culture to protect and pass on to there future generations?

In my opnion there is nothing wrong with immigration but once it gets to the point where immigrants are NOT willing to learn the language or even make an attempt at getting to know there host countries ways we need to stop all but the strictest immigration until we can think of a propper way forward.

I am a firm believer that if I moved to any country I must repesct there way of living there culture, that does not meen I need to lose mine it means I should'nt force mine on the host country. Just keep my cluture to myself and let them have theres if theres a mix then so be it.

Forcing cultures to mix will never work.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
what is the difference between an Australian and a tub of yogurt?
The yogurt has more culture.

seriously Australia has had mass immigration for 200 years, whats the f. problem.
we need to get over our xenophobia and embrace all cultures.
Culture changes, it gets enhanced and enriched by new people.
get over it. get on with it.
the earth is not expanding fast enough to not have immigration.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Multiculturalism has never proven beneficial to the nation that suffers from it.

"Greatness through Diversity" is an emotion based opinion, not based on any form of fact.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Mass Immigration is one of the biggest Elephants in the room in Australian Politics. Most people don't want to know the implications of having more and more people enter the country each year. Most people don't want to ask the questions of whether Mass Immigration is having a negative impact on society. Politicians are petrified to mention the issue assertively because when they do they are labelled as racists and xenophobes. The Australian public is continually told to adapt and change to the times as greater numbers of foreigners enter the country.

I wonder how the Aborigines feel about this?

Fair suck of the sav, Kev me ol' digger. Lay some prawns on the barbie and go surfing with the sharks.
Crikey.
Pass the fourex maaate, I've just read Banjo's last ballad and those Brumbies are flat out like a lizard drinking.

I'll be right back, I've gotta go drain the dragon. I'm not pissing in your pocket, mate.

Maybe some of those blokes should harden up and have a corroboree if they're fair dinkum.

Looking at Aussie sporting teams I doubt there's any real threat to australian culture further than what has already occurred....meaning Oz is a land of immigrants. Learn some tolerance, stop being rednecks and get on with it, cobber.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Unfortunately you seem to have no idea what you are talking about. I am not talking about China's success in the last 5 minutes (meaning anything in the last 300 years) - I am talking about its success over the last 3 thousand years - remaining a nation, while other empires broke up - China remained China.

Nope, you're wrong. The Chinese saw their border change many times. The Dynasties came and went. There were many battles between the people as this happened. In some cases there were multiple dynasties ruling at once over different sections of China.

As for this Xenophobic ranting about too many non-whites. Despite what you guys may have heard, whites have been a minority on this planet for quite a long time. Considering most whites aren't having kids either looks like it's going to stay that way. I care little about nation-states. The long-term is going to see planetary culture. Change is hard for people to accept but, that change is going to happen.

Now, the western states are in a pickle because they don't have enough young workers to pay taxes and keep the ponzi scheme going. You've got a few choices:

1. Get rid of all welfare programs (not happening).
2. tax the living hell out everyone till their eye pop out and their wallet scream in agony (plausible).
3. Allow immigration of young workers and tax the hell out of them. (also plausible).
4. Tell your population to have babies for the love of their country. (Yea right.)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Racist, Racist, Racist - Blah Blah Blah...

Oh Political Correctness why do you vex me...

Those who are currently posting and site Racism at every opportunity, please READ the following carefully.

I am NOT against Immigration, as I have previously posted, it is beacuse of Australia's Immigration policy that I am Australian.

I am AGAINST immigrants who "choose" to come to Australia and REFUSE to pursue the opportunities this great country offers and whom wish to employ the same ethics and living standards of their previous homeland (which they left for what ever reason) on us and expect us to conform to their dribble... THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, our doors are always open, all we ask in return is you respect OUR way of life, we do not ask you forget yours, simply do as you would when you are in someone else's home, be yourself but ABIDE by their rules...

Simple.

Call the above Racist, I dare you...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I never really thought about it, but in the movie protector, the asians had a good section of an Austrailian city, if every immigrant group did something like I saw in that movie; I can imagine it getting quite congested and there being a lot of indifference amongst the people for all the different language barriers...It's unfortunate, that it's coming to this for everyone, but maybe we are just running out of room in the cities and it's time to get ingenuitive to find non-harmful ways of living in places we previously thought uninhabitable...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7even
I am AGAINST immigrants who "choose" to come to Australia and REFUSE to pursue the opportunities this great country offers and whom wish to employ the same ethics and living standards of their previous homeland (which they left for what ever reason) on us and expect us to conform to their dribble...

You said read the following very carefully, and I did.
I read your extremely vague statement.

Now.... please offer some examples of what you mean.
I just re-read it... damn is that vague!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Personally, I prefer the Australia of several decades ago

I do NOT 'feel enriched' as result of a multicultural stew which was imposed upon this (and other WEstern nations)

If I had the power to reverse the foulness that is 'multiculturalism', I would do it in a heartbeat

Finally, if there were a referendum tomorrow re: further immigration, I believe Australians would overwhelmingly vote to halt it completely and immediately

If there were a second referendum re: removal of 2 million migrants immediately (to start with) I believe also that overwhelmingly, Australians would support that

Statements like this boil my blood. I'm a first generation Australian - my mother was born in Hungary, and her family fled hungary during the end phases of World War 2. My father was German, and fled Germany due to the political situation there.

They landed in Australia without a cent in their pocket, and as all other migrants they called it home, and worked their a**es off to assimilate & contribute to this fledgling nation - which, I would like to remind everyone is only 200 years old.

I myself grew up with a deep seeded patriotism, and served my country for 6 years in the military. I now run a business which contributes over $400,000 a year in taxes to support those that do not earn enough money.

I paint the above picture to highlight the fact that I myself come from a migrant family, and have contributed more to society than any of the people I went through school with, or have met in my entire life.

You're saying that you would remove me and my family if you had your choice?

I'm also interested to hear you explain your reasoning behind believing that the majority of Australians would support this?

I personally interact with members of medium and large business, plus the general public on a daily basis, and as a whole they are not of the same viewpoint as you.

To put it simply, your view is narrow minded, and it infuriates me that you label the "overwhelming majority of Australians" under the same racist banner as yours.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7even
Racist, Racist, Racist - Blah Blah Blah...

Oh Political Correctness why do you vex me...

Those who are currently posting and site Racism at every opportunity, please READ the following carefully.

I am NOT against Immigration, as I have previously posted, it is beacuse of Australia's Immigration policy that I am Australian.

I am AGAINST immigrants who "choose" to come to Australia and REFUSE to pursue the opportunities this great country offers and whom wish to employ the same ethics and living standards of their previous homeland (which they left for what ever reason) on us and expect us to conform to their dribble... THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, our doors are always open, all we ask in return is you respect OUR way of life, we do not ask you forget yours, simply do as you would when you are in someone else's home, be yourself but ABIDE by their rules...

Simple.

Call the above Racist, I dare you...

Again: I wonder how the Aborigines feel about this?...particularly the last sentence of the main text.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
All humans are territorial to an extent and need to feel a sense of belonging in the country they live. If you allow mass immigration into a country, the people that live there, in this case White Australians, will feel more and more threatened. And that is what causes race riots.

Of course, the anti-white mainstream media will always report the incidences as "White Racism", when in reality, the Aussies are just defending their territory because too many foreigners are coming in. It is a natural reaction.

And any politician who stands up and says they want to lower the immigration rate (lower, not eradicate) they immediately get called a racist. No one should have any problem with a few foreigners living in their country, it's inevitable.

But too many, and you will get problems. And it has nothing what so ever to do with racism.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Again: I wonder how the Aborigines feel about this?...particularly the last sentence of the main text.

I already said what I thought about it earlier ITT. If you'd read this thread instead of coming in here trolling you would see many Australians feel the same way.

You ignorantly make this about race when it is about MASS IMMIGRATION aka the "Big Australia" policy.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Vague? Your abstracted posts proclaim we are simply nothing more than biggots, I'm yet to find any substantial reasoning from any of your misguided attempts at labeling us as racists.

Allow me to retort, if I "choose" to leave my current homeland and move to another, surely there are some factors I must address?

1. Language, surely I must learn or at the very least have a basic concept of the native tounge?

2. Work, either skilled labour or not, I must have a means for supporting
myself.

3. Living standards, housing, food etc.

4. The countries current laws, ethics, do they match my own ideals?

5. Education opportunities? Myself / Children.

Wouldn't the above be pivital in your decision? I'm sure there are many more factors to consider, but surely if the very basics do not fit your needs or the country of choice, then perhaps greater thought or another country which may be better suited for both the immigrant and current citizens would be better...?

My parents saw Australia as a land of opportunity & beauty, and as such have treated it like the wonder it is. Why can't the current immigrants show the same respect? Is that being racist? Or rather wanting others who "choose" Australia as their new homeland to have the same Pride us Australians have...?

[edit on 24/3/10 by 7even]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I know its annoying, but seriously Mass Immigration KILLS any culture. If you Migrate from another country,dont bring your baggage and way of life here. Different country Different Rules,DEAL.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13arrows
I know its annoying, but seriously Mass Immigration KILLS any culture. If you Migrate from another country,dont bring your baggage and way of life here. Different country Different Rules,DEAL.

What do you think our way of life, and our culture, is built on?

Do you see us trekking around in the bush half naked with spears, hunting? No. We did not "assimilate" with the Aboriginies when we arrived, so how the hell can you ask others to assimilate with us now?

And what is so bloody great about the Australian culture anyway? It makes me sick seeing the way our culture has been degraded - take ANZAC day. I attended last year with my ex-Army boys - wanted to attend a reverant dawn service, which was populated by disrespectful b@stards, half drunk letting the Australian flag drag in the dirt. When I approached them, and told them, they told me to f*** off. Keep in mind I was wearing 6 medals and my green beret.

Tolerance is failing, moderation is failing, and more and more "Aussies" are just here for the cheap and easy ride, fuelled by a way too sympathetic government and welfare system.

Give me a hardworking migrant over a spoilt Australian any day.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So, the Australian Aboriginal culture is in danger....?

Next you'll be telling me that Native American Indian culture no longer defines the U.S of A !!!

Thank God we have the chance to stop these genocides.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is a bogus story. Aussies never had any culture in the first place !

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So this is where the aussie-hating trolls have migrated too.Get a life people,get a life.

Take your judeo/christian/western value hate else where.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Personally, I prefer the Australia of several decades ago

I do NOT 'feel enriched' as result of a multicultural stew which was imposed upon this (and other WEstern nations)

If I had the power to reverse the foulness that is 'multiculturalism', I would do it in a heartbeat

Finally, if there were a referendum tomorrow re: further immigration, I believe Australians would overwhelmingly vote to halt it completely and immediately

If there were a second referendum re: removal of 2 million migrants immediately (to start with) I believe also that overwhelmingly, Australians would support that

Our puppet politicians (in particular the Irish ratbag sell-outs Keating and Hawke) followed by nutless wonders Howard and Krudd sold Australia down the creek. They're rich. Australia has been changed (some would argue destroyed) forever. May those barstewards commence rotting before they're buried and may they howl in hell for eternity

Its people like you who make me ashamed to call myself Australian. Typical white, Aussie, narrow minded, redneck trash. Your style of rants are becoming insulting not only to people who aren't white anglo-saxon Australian born and bred, but to people like me who are.

I think you need to remember where you came from, where you ancestors came from and stop complaining about change.

Aside from letting you know you speak total and utter CRAP, I'd now like to move on to something else.

I believe the problem is MASS IMMIGRATION. As stated in the article. We cannot just let anyone and everyone in to our country to live permanently. It is hard to regulate. How do you know the refugees you are letting in are genuine? How does our government do the checking for migrants in regards to their criminal background? Perhaps the laws on deportation can be tightened as they are in other countries I have lived, for example the United Arab Emirates. If I break the law in that country, I have to convince a judge why he shouldn't deport and ban me from returning. Why can't we have a similar system in Australia?

We need migrants, people, no not just WHITE migrants, migrants in general... We also need to improve our infrastructure. Stop migration and watch your country stagnate. Im glad when people like the one I quoted above have absolutely no decision making responsibilities on this issue.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Some of you need to learn to differetiate between MASS MIGRATION and MIGRATION.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join