It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Immigration kills Aussie culture

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King
No one wants to live with backward racists who treated the original people aboriginals in such a disgusting manner.

I bet you have no idea how hypocritical that statement is. I am australian but I'm certainly not a "backward racist". I would kindly thank you to leave your bigoted generalisations at the door.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

My ex wife whom we have a child together is an immigrant. I'm not against immigration, I'm against mass immigration.

To say that, "mass immigration does nothing to a host country and is only for the better of all" is bull. Mass immigration does nothing but harm the host country. (By host country I mean the citizens of that country.)

In Norway for example, we allow so many Muslims into the country that it's directly messing with our cultural heritage. You know those little pigs you get to save your spare change in? Well the banks can't give those out anymore as it's offensive to the Muslims. (And before long, our "Christmas pigs", a marzipan pig which has been around for years and years during Christmas will be outlawed as well I'm sure.)

Crime has risen exponentially over the past 20 years due to immigration. (In the 80's, crime was basically unheard of, now? Rape sprees in the capital, killings left and right. Of course, not all this is the fault of mass immigration, but a good deal is.)

You allow a whole slew of immigrants to enter a country at once, you won't have the opportunity to allow them to adapt to the host countries culture. Instead, you'll have "clicks" of immigrants who band together and live within their own culture, separating themselves from the host countries cultures, and even laws.

That's what is happening today. No one dares to say anything because too many liberals love to point their little fingers at those who do and scream "racists!".

Guess what people, it's time to just realize what's going on in our countries today. Immigration is fine, mass immigration is not. All it does is destroy the host countries traditions and culture.

And I'll bet you everything I own, that if we'd all migrate to Iran you'd hear the Iranians bitch about it. I bet you if we demanded that we be allowed to build Christian churches, allow our women to without hijabs, there'd be hell to pay.

Not in our society. Nope, here we're expected to bend over backwards and let both our government and the immigrants who push their will on society do as they choose.

It's not going to end well. Call me racist as much as you want. I'm not going to deny what I see.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I bet you have no idea how hypocritical that statement is. I am australian but I'm certainly not a "backward racist". I would kindly thank you to leave your bigoted generalisations at the door.

I do know how hypocritical and bigoted it sounded..if you did not get a clue I was imitating your fellow Ausfailian. Respect is a 2 way street.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

Wow you just called aussies racist again. What is wrong with you? If you do not respect australians.. how about just respecting ATS T&C?

YOU ARE BEING RACIST. You cannot claim higher moral ground while peeing from it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Mass immigration from 3rd world nations will NEVER benefit the host nation.

Not ever.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There are still many places left in Australia where you can escape the modern world almost completely. Compared to most other nations we are very lucky. I'm planning to move to a remote location in Western Australia in the near future. It's paradise. Very little in the way of human settlement and perfect for surfing and windsurfing. It won't stay this way forever, nothing lasts forever but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
why is it that none of the australians that are going on about that they arent racist and so on and dont mind people coming and intergrating into their society

acept the fact they are immgarnts them selves and they them selves have pushed out the customs of the natives for their very own so have no right to complain about shizle all?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I'd like to be able to reply to your post, but I'm having trouble comprehending it...Particularly the 1st part...

Any chance you could edit it for clarification ?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Many white Australian's fought and died in great wars for the sovereignty of this nation.
It is those white Australian's who would have something to say about this. I am a 8th generation white Australian. My 6th great grandfather was sent here as a convict. My sons are now 9th generation white Australians. That is 200 years on this island continent.

This is my home and the day I walked through Sunnybank Hills I knew it was changing. That era, of White Australia, is coming to an end.
And it shows...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
woops

[edit on 24/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

its ironic, that the now decendants off immigrants (well, forced immigrants.. eg prisoners) are now moaning about others coming from elsewhere to their country, which they already crashed and tried to make their own!

are any aboriginals speaking up about this in australia, or just white prisoner decended australia that has the problem?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

But i still cant believe some of the rubbish im hearing int his thread. They sounds like they want the "white Australia" policy back in place.

How about this....Prejudice will get you no-where.

Of course people want the white Australia policy back - you sound shocked or something.

If you want a nation to work, then you need a common set of values and beliefs - in other words cultural homogeneity - its a hell of a lot easier to achieve when the population is ethnically homogeneous.

That is one reason why China was such a successful nation for so long - while culturally diverse, they were in general ethnically homogeneous - they were all 'Chinese'. The other reason was the central authorities allowed a great deal of freedom to localities - no big brother.

If you bring in a lot of new people all at once, you break the cultural homogeneity - especially if they lack even the language to allow them to integrate and learn the existing cultural values. What happens is they group together into sub cultures - each one not integrating either with other groups, or the existing original culture.

Once people are separated - they will tend to stay that way - this is a recipe for cultural conflicts to develop, as each group clings to its own cultural identity, because it has no way of adopting the national cultural identity, even if they wanted to.

Its a stupid and ridiculous process that is destroying many great nations - great because they had a shared cultural heritage and values - now it is shattered into a thousand pieces. How can you expect these separate groups to come together into a strong nation with solidarity and national pride?

Impossible - they will be so many squabbling groups - each asserting their own cultural identities within the borders they are familiar with and resisting the incursion of others - even if those others resided in the country long before they did.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
That is one reason why China was such a successful nation for so long - while culturally diverse, they were in general ethnically homogeneous - they were all 'Chinese'. The other reason was the central authorities allowed a great deal of freedom to localities - no big brother.

This is ridiculous
China IS successful because they are a producer nation while so many other countries are consumer nations. They are also a creditor nation while other countries are debtor nations.

Not rocket science!

If you bring in a lot of new people all at once, you break the cultural homogeneity - especially if they lack even the language to allow them to integrate and learn the existing cultural values. What happens is they group together into sub cultures - each one not integrating either with other groups, or the existing original culture.

Ridiculous!
The United States was successful for so long while being so cosmopolitan.
It's corruption that's destroying the economy not multiculturalism.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I'm of aboriginal descent on my fathers side but I don't pretend to speak for others. I see nothing positive coming from overpopulation, has any nation benefited from it before? Certainly the natural environment never has. Massive population growth over the past centuries has already changed the landscape of this nation forever.

That said, I know there is no more I can do about it than my ancestors could have done anything about it. So I plan to just keep moving away from the overpopulated areas, as both sides of my family has done in the past and enjoy my life living the way I want to live. I don't begrudge people wanting what we have but I do morn the continuing loss of natural beauty that occurs when cities rise to accommodate the influx of population.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

its ironic, that the now decendants off immigrants (well, forced immigrants.. eg prisoners) are now moaning about others coming from elsewhere to their country, which they already crashed and tried to make their own!

are any aboriginals speaking up about this in australia, or just white prisoner decended australia that has the problem?

The existing culture was not compatible with the invading culture - there was basically a war, although it is not recorded as such.

Rome invaded most of the then known world, spreading Greek and Roman culture every place. This might not be as ancient, but it is the same process - it is history, and now is the time to focus on fixing problems, not bemoaning the past.

Now the invasion is occurring through policy - not one accepted by the majority of the inhabitants - and the invaders are culturally diverse. If there was a problem with the clash of cultures from aborigines to Caucasians - the clash is going to be so much worse now.

If immigration is done slowly - then the invaders are outnumbered, and need to adpat to the new culture - they don't have supporting island groups where they can just refuse to integrate.

It is not about race, it is about culture - and it is a big problem.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

This is ridiculous
China IS successful because they are a producer nation while so many other countries are consumer nations. They are also a creditor nation while other countries are debtor nations.

Not rocket science!

Unfortunately you seem to have no idea what you are talking about. I am not talking about China's success in the last 5 minutes (meaning anything in the last 300 years) - I am talking about its success over the last 3 thousand years - remaining a nation, while other empires broke up - China remained China.

Ridiculous!
The United States was successful for so long while being so cosmopolitan.
It's corruption that's destroying the economy not multiculturalism.

Who is talking about economics? You are on another planet.

You say I am being ridiculous, but you obviously don't even have the most remote idea what I just said.

You quickly over look the issues of racism between blacks and whites in America - these different cultures have never properly integrated. Because black people are such a minority - you are not likely to have them create a new state, but there have been riots and many other problems.

You seem to either not know, or forget these things.

You also seem to be mistaking culture and race, which is not surprising because it is the great lie about racism that has been force fed to people for years without anyone having enough brains to know it.

Australia has been successfully multi cultural for quite a long while - that is falling apart now, under the pressure of too rapid intake.

You are quick to dismiss my comments, obviously without either thinking, or perhaps without the capacity for thinking.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by DaRAGE
But i still cant believe some of the rubbish im hearing int his thread. They sounds like they want the "white Australia" policy back in place.

I'm an aboriginal and I can reconcile myself with the idea that hordes of foreigners coming into the country and increasing the population does have an effect.

I live in Queensland and we are amongst the hardest hit by this expansion in population. Our roads and towns simply weren't made for this many people traffic and parking is terrible and it's very hard to find a place to rent.

I have no problem with the government controlling the amount of migration. And stopping all illegal immigration into the country.

It is you aboriginal people who failed to control migration to your country.

From wikianswers:
Australia was first colonised by the British in order to relieve the overly full British prisons. However, only relatively small parts of Australia were used as penal settlements. Indigenous Australians inhabited the rest of the continent as well. The threat of Aboriginal attack, together with the fact that the continent was surrounded by water was considered enough insurance to prevent any convicts ever escaping back to England - which was the primary and original purpose of the colonies.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You quickly over look the issues of racism between blacks and whites in America - these different cultures have never properly integrated. Because black people are such a minority - you are not likely to have them create a new state, but there have been riots and many other problems.

I disagree
Actually what you are referring to here is perhaps a unique scenario.
Blacks have integrated... but in their own way
It's not like muslims coming and refusing to integrate
You agree with that right?
You don't see people wearing baggy clothes and looking like rappers in Africa or haiti. Blacks have created their own culture in america.
Right now you do however see alot of whites wearing baggy clothes though.

The problem here though is that you and those that you are referring to(rioters) are confusing blacks with urbanism.

You also seem to be mistaking culture and race, which is not surprising because it is the great lie about racism that has been force fed to people for years without anyone having enough brains to know it.

Really?
Then explain to me what nobody in this thread was able to explain as of yet, define australian culture for me, give me examples.
And no happy go lucky fun loving people doesn't count!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Everyone who disagrees with millions of immigrants moving to Australia, lowering the wages, unfair competition for natives, more crime, more poverty, and stealing Australias native culture is a racist dirtbag!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cosby

so basicaly the people of autralia couldnt control the Mugs that were shipped over there, way to go aborigines

Originally posted by Misoir
Everyone who disagrees with millions of immigrants moving to Australia, lowering the wages, unfair competition for natives, more crime, more poverty, and stealing Australias native culture is a racist dirtbag!

you guys did it to the native americans, you have something in common,
now go and share a fosters beer

[edit on 24-3-2010 by illusive man]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join