It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Immigration kills Aussie culture

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discontent
[POST REMOVED]

You may wish to rethink your T&C violation

Immature name calling belittles your credibility - and ability to partake in intelligent debate.

Oh.. the irony!

IRM

Mod Edit: Please focus on the topic, and use the Alert! function to notify mods of problems. Thanks.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Discontent

Isnt that what this whole thread is about? the ever increasing delays in peak hour traffic due to immigrants?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Oh god, all the racism in this thread is disgusting.

We aren't Europeans. Europeans sent us to the slaughter in WW1 for their own benefit without doing anything for us, and they ABANDONED us in WW2.

Europeans abandoned this country, destroyed the land and raped the indigenous people. I don't know why you people think they are so special or important.

We're better off with the USA, Japan & China as our main trading partners and influences!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

By Australian culture are you referring to Anglo/Irish/Euro culture?

Or Aboriginal culture, which certainly was destroyed by the influx of Anglo/Irish/Euro immigrants over the last two hundred odd years.

Or perhaps you're referring to American pop/pap culture that is rammed down our throats via TV.

I am confused, so please define "Australian" culture.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Yazman

The European that I am is pretty disappointed by this comment, Yazman.
You don't even know your own history
"sent us to slaughter in WWI ? " dude, I'm French and France alone lost more than a million guys when Australians lost exactly 62 000 soldiers...just so you know...

Then you think Europe abandoned you ? Europe was all messed up how could they possibly send military help through the seas without being bombed or torpedoed on the way ? The Americans would have taken Australia back, but, oh yeah, they kicked the Japanese in the nuts so hard that they decided it was too risky to invade Australia because of the US growing influence on the seas.

Then you say you are better off without europeans ? face it buddy, we live in the same world. you have to deal with everybody to survive.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
As always a debate of this topic could not stear clear of the racial slur...
Immigration is the issue, YES!
The immigrants are the issue, NO!

It is the rate of immigration that is straining the current population.

5 years ago my grandma could walk down to the store in Annerley, now she is afraid of the Sudanese street kids down by the park.
Immigration just needs tighter controls.

[edit on 25/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

Well actually... the Japanese tried coming to Australia through Papua New Guinea... It was the Australian's who wiped the mud track with them on the Kokoda Trail...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
I wonder how the Aborigines feel about this?

Fair suck of the sav, Kev me ol' digger. Lay some prawns on the barbie and go surfing with the sharks.
Crikey.
Pass the fourex maaate, I've just read Banjo's last ballad and those Brumbies are flat out like a lizard drinking.

I'll be right back, I've gotta go drain the dragon. I'm not pissing in your pocket, mate.

Maybe some of those blokes should harden up and have a corroboree if they're fair dinkum.

Looking at Aussie sporting teams I doubt there's any real threat to australian culture further than what has already occurred....meaning Oz is a land of immigrants. Learn some tolerance, stop being rednecks and get on with it, cobber.

Stop being rednecks? You say THAT after that racist bigoted tirade which is on par with someone coating their face wth shoe polish and singing mami?
Using the n-word is not allowed on ATS so wtf would you think thats acceptable?

You can make your arguments without resorting to denograting an entire people.

btw. aussies do not drink 4X.. it is primarily an export product.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by riley]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL!

Can we please focus on the topic and not each other, and please leave your insults and racial slurs at the door.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by whateverpedia

Or Aboriginal culture, which certainly was destroyed by the influx of Anglo/Irish/Euro immigrants over the last two hundred odd years

If you knew ANYTHING about australian culture you would know that aborigional culture is alive and well and taught in schools. Some was lost but it was not completely destroyed.

You should also know that australia has a large jewish and chinese population.. many jewish people came here escaping concentration camps and the chinese have been here since the victorian gold rush. en.wikipedia.org...

"The Afghan Camelmen" also had quite an impact on our culture as they allowed inland australia to be opened up for development.
www.southaustralianhistory.com.au... "The Ghan" train was named in their honour and travels from adelaide all the way to Darwin. It's 2,979 kilometres (1,852 miles) long. en.wikipedia.org...

Not forgetting of course Kiwis and Samoans.. but apparently some people don't even know where australia or NZ are..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With THAT ind of ignorance it's no wonder some northerners think aussie culture consists of riding kangaroos and bbqing shrimp.

Thats just a few examples where aussie culture is influenced by things other than anglo/irish/euro culture.. but It's fairly clear you already have your own preconceptions you'd rather stick to.. :shk:

[edit on 25-3-2010 by riley]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whateverpedia

Or Aboriginal culture, which certainly was destroyed by the influx of Anglo/Irish/Euro immigrants over the last two hundred odd years.

Or perhaps you're referring to American pop/pap culture that is rammed down our throats via TV.

I am confused, so please define "Australian" culture.

I doubt you are confused at all, just inclined to create obfuscation on the issue being discussed. I don't see why you are mentioning American pop/rap culture because that culture is pretty self-explanatory.

If you are really confused by what is meant by Aussie Culture, here is a relatively accurate (not everyone will agree) description:

- A person that can speak English well enough to communicate with others and not cause hardship and inconvenience for others that can
- A person that respects Australian values and is willing to embrace them
- A person that integrates into the society by adhering to the social norms
- A person that has respect for Australian citizens and is willing to give others a fair go whenever the situation allows.
- A person that does not bring problems from their native country and make them the problem of all Australians

Notice how none of the above mentions having "White Skin", being "Caucasian" or being "Racist". They are pretty reasonable expectations that the majority of Australians would agree are fair criteria. All of these things listed above are being derided by Mass Immigration.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Really?
Then explain to me what nobody in this thread was able to explain as of yet, define australian culture for me, give me examples.
And no happy go lucky fun loving people doesn't count!

From your response, you are inferring that Australia doesn't have its own unique culture? That is kind of shocking to read - but kind of funny also.

I think if asked about American culture you might struggle after talking about reality TV and over eating.

Here's a quick list of 'things';

Barbecues, beers, football (Aussie rules) thongs (flip flops), beaches - no fags - sheila's, cricket and 4WD's - mugs and poofta's - g'day and crikey - she'll be right tho - and no worries mate.

Australians generally hate authority, and people who think they are better than someone else. They are often fanatical about their sport, and usually play on some local team at some level.

The mainstay of Aussie culture is a belief that things will turn out ok, so long as everyone tries their best and helps each other - she'll be right mate

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Whilst I haven't necessarily agreed with everything you've posted in this thread (and there's been a fair bit I've agreed with, btw), that list you made of "qualities" which you'd expect Australians to have is right on the money, IMO

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to ModernAcademia

You've been rabbiting on about how racist Australians are and how racist Australia is as a society...I reckon you might need to learn about pots and kettles, digger *pats your head and messes up your hair like you would to a kid*

Some of the things you've said in your posts about/to Australians have been extremely racist and I think you'd find many Australians would find said comments highly offensive...

Its obviously easy for you to sit thousands of miles away in front of a keyboard and post rubbish about things you know nothing about

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Aussie and culture in the same sentence hahahahahaha. How have immigrants killed Dame Edna, barbies, Neighbours and belching exactly??

Not like the glory days of Prisoner Cell block H and umm, well whatever other cultural institutions you fellas had.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PipeyMcGraw
Aussie and culture in the same sentence hahahahahaha. How have immigrants killed Dame Edna, barbies, Neighbours and belching exactly??

Not like the glory days of Prisoner Cell block H and umm, well whatever other cultural institutions you fellas had.

Personally, I think Aussie culture measures up fairly well against some other western cultures - American for instance;

Christian fundamentalist, military worshiping, reality TV and politics addicted bigotry is not a culture I would like to subscribe to thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PipeyMcGraw

Yeah, the good ole glory days, eh ?

Like when pommies used soap and weren't a bunch of smelly imbeciles ? And when every British male wasn't a wife beating, drunken caveman like Andy Capp, eh ?

See ? I can sprout crap and generalise my arse off too...Impressive, eh ?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join