It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Immigration kills Aussie culture

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
those who killed the australian culture must be white (criminal) europeans that settled over there, right? what other culture could australia have?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by aorAki
Again: I wonder how the Aborigines feel about this?...particularly the last sentence of the main text.

I already said what I thought about it earlier ITT. If you'd read this thread instead of coming in here trolling you would see many Australians feel the same way.

You ignorantly make this about race when it is about MASS IMMIGRATION aka the "Big Australia" policy.

No, I was asking a valid question about how the Aborigines would feel, considering this has happened to them on a far wider-reaching scale than the current situation....and yes, it is about 'RACE' and the associated tolerances and intolerances involved.

I read the whole thread and nobody else had brought up the Aborigines.

But it's o.k. nowadays to suddenly feel 'threatened'. Bollocks mate (sorry, that's probably more of a 'kiwi-ism'), it is valid to bring up the indigenous population when talking about immigration.

You guys have it good over there. Stop your bloody whinging and get on with what you are good at, which is opening up to immigrants, mining, sports and bbqs

[edit on 24-3-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Are you an idiot yes we have had mass immigration from england but we were mostly colonised from the english. Now the drama we are having now is the asylum seekers getting in that do not speak a word of english and have no skills what so ever and being a burden not a help.

Our stupid government even gave asylum seekers that blew a boat up with themselves on it AS WELL AS OUR DEFENDING TROOPS pretty much citizenship how is this a benefit to us.

Then you have the muslims that have started to flood our country nothing wrong with that as long as they assimilate with the rest of the country. Well they don't they go off in their own little groups keeping their culture going even though that most of them came here to get away from what their country was like. We also even have this same religion trying to bring in their laws to our country and the problem is we are losing a huge battle same as Europe. If you look at a study into it muslims are out breeding the locals so what do you think is going to happen. This is what is happening over here as well in Australia we have muslims hating that we have christmas ham in hospitals on christmas day well guess what we don't have that now. We have alot of supermarket items being halal and butchers it is slowly being a take over as well as being a supposed help to the population of Australia.

I could give you more and more details on how to many cultures in one country is a bad idea as they do not assimilate.

To the original argument I'm fairly certain that when we did have mass immigration that it was mainly one culture at a time so not only we but they can adjust easier. But we bring in cultures that hate other cultures and that starts trouble as well.

Now i may seem racist but I'm far from it I encourage people to come to this great country but don't try and get us to live to what you live to you live how we live and if you don't like it go back where they do what you believe. We don't do it where we go and other countries will not stand for it so why should we!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Just to fill you in about the Aboriginies in our country is they are given alot of government handouts given priority for jobs cheap home loans car loans like one payment and don't pay any more the government will sort it out.

Do you want to know the funny thing is they are still the most arrested they are still having major domestic problems they haven't really improved their life style and i think you will find we are the only country that give these allowances to the indigenous population that we have taken over. Also the certain families that own the land that the mines operate on are payed million and millions of dollars and their community still gets run into the ground.

So we have the world telling us we are racist towards them so we give them money to compensate then the Aboriginies blame us they are the way they are cause we give them all this money.

So you tell me what should we do!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Slightly off topic, but highlighting how perception and reality are two completely different things...regarding Aussie Mateship and the "Fair Go" mentality....

Four aborigines have been "found dead" in police cells in the last month in Queensland....
The Minister in charge, whilst "worried" , refuses to hold an Inquiry....

Also, a second inquest is taking place re. another death of an Aborigine in custody...arrested for drunken behaviour, dead within one hour... with his liver cleaved in two....the police officer found Not Guilty( although no charges against the officer were deemed necessary initially, public outcry changed that...).After the death in custody, a riot ensued on Palm Island, resulting in the police station being destroyed...the leader of the riot received 7 years....

I could go on....

I suspect the above explains some of the racial undertones that plague this thread...in the minority thankfully....but there nevertheless.

The Aussie Way........??

Mateship...................??

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Bwahaha.. so many clueless trolls! So many armchair Wiki-experts!
I have to admit, it has made for a very interesting thread thus far though!

It has also brought to light how very little understanding a majority of non-Australians actually have about Australia! But that's ok, I can't claim in-depth knowledge of other countries way of life either.
Guess what? It's really not like what you see on your tourism commercials, it can't be summed up by a Wikipedia article and our way of life cannot be truely understood unless experienced 1st hand.. just like any other country you care to mention!

Australians ARE NOT WHITE. I think you may be confusing us with Austria. Please check your spelling and your map.
This is not a WHITE/NON-WHITE issue. Please get this into your head!

We are now and have been for a long time, a melting pot of British/Greek/Italian/Chinese/Vietnamese/Indian/Middle-Eastern/Indonesian/Pacific Islander/Croatian/Serbian/Brazilian/Central American/Maori/African/Aboriginal ALL co-existing in harmony for the most part which is what makes this country great.
Modern Australia has been created by immigration. The majority of us embrace this fact. The issue here is about MASS IMMIGRATION of another culture to a degree that it offsets our established core values and way of life. Simple.

We can't change history nor are we proud of all of it. Anyone who is constantly evoking the issue of white colonization is a moronic troll throwing stones in a glass house. Do modern day Germans all deserve to be slaughtered because of what their ancestors did in WW2? No. We all move forward and try to make the best future we can utilizing the lessons we have learnt from the past.

Peace.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Funk bunyip]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The yogurt in my fridge has more culture than Austrailia, can someone tell me what Austrailian culture is, Maybe the immigration will liven things up for you guys

Well done for proving that Britons can be just as ignorant as Americans. Come here, learn some stuff....then leave......we dont need immigrants with attitudes like that

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
But i still cant believe some of the rubbish im hearing int his thread. They sounds like they want the "white Australia" policy back in place.

How about this....Prejudice will get you no-where.

Nice straw man, the topic is culture.

You know the difference between race and culture, so why play the "White man is a bigot" card?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilsmurf
Mass multicultralism doesn't work you only have to look at many towns and cities in England and the US to see that crime goes up and quality of living goes down. Its a shame to hear Australia is suffering i spent a year working their when i was younger and love the place.

I guess you could say the mass immigration of British and Europeans 200+ years ago to Australia pretty much ruined the Aborigines way of life so what you complaining at, you could also say the same for the US with the native Indians, do we have a right to want to stop people moving to new lands to better themselves? maybe, but we certainly cant blame them.

Often the people who use the "you did it to the Aborigines, so get used to it" line are the same people who say "YOU did it to the Aborigines you evil white scum!!" and somehow miss the irony.

And why does the topic always have to be taken to that level anyway? Different times, different reasons, different people.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Wow, didn't take long for that old mule to hee haw.

You know when a joke is that old, it says something about the person telling it..

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
in this example lies the main question : when are we, white people, are going to accept we HAVE to "mix" with other ethnies? What's wrong with this idea? We are overwhelmed in numbers , statistically we are condemned to be reduced to smaller and smaller numbers. I accept it, and have no hate towards people of color whoever they are.

However, for both sides, the Australian "Whites" and the "Immigrants", Australia has to realize it has ethnically and culturally TOTALLY DIFFERENT NEIGHBORS, thus accelerating for economic purposes the "mixing" of ethnies and the natural multiplication that it implies. White people in Australia were put there as CONVICTS by the British Empire and evolved from that. Cultural and ethnical exception. If the people of Australia refuse to face reality, then things are going to get a hell lot worse for them.

edit to add: I don't want to offend any Australian...

[edit on 24/3/10 by MattMulder]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
[edited to delete - not required post]

[edit on 24/3/2010 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by asIam
For non aussies, I would like to say this is a minority viewpoint and this poster does not speak for the majority of Australians.

Nor do you.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

It would be fine if they integrated into our society and respected our culture and laws as we would have to do in their country, but the fact is half of them dont....there is where the problem lies

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

And pathetically, as I predicted, we see more and more useless rhetoric based on mindlessly bringing up past events in order to justify attacking the opinions of today.

Well done for being predictable. All of you.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Personally, I find culture to be a moot point.

You can originate from a 'culture' that is thousands of years old... and that country can still be a terrible place to live. War... poverty... famine and worse. So much for their beloved 'culture'! It obviously did nothing to improve their way of life, or ease their struggle to exist. After all those years, one couldn't be blamed for assuming that their 'culture' is failing.

On the other hand, you can have a young nation such as Australia that through blood sweat and tears, toil, mateship, common goals and shared vision has become a place on Earth that many people from these old 'cultures' suddenly want to come and live.

Why is that? Ironic... No?

What Australia has done is build a way of life that is obviously preferable to that of older countries who claim to have more 'culture' than Australians.

So... you keep your culture, and we'll keep our way of life. Sounds perfectly fair to me!

Some of these posts honestly makes me laugh!

IRM

[edit on 24/3/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King
No one wants to live with backward racists who treated the original people aboriginals in such a disgusting manner.

There we go, problem solved! We don't need to tighten immigration policies at all, since no one wants to move here.

Good job Crimson_King!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've entered into this thread way too late unfortunately, but i still MUST comment.

You can gift-wrap it all you like, but the bottom line is WE ARE ALL HUMANS.

Love every other human as you would love your wife, husband, mother or father.

My girlfriend of 8 years is only in this country because her parents were able to immigrate here in the early 80's. THANKS GOD FOR THAT!!

If you feel the need to distinguish yourself from others due to skin colour or cultural background then perhaps you should take a look at the reasons behind these opinions - who knows what personal growth will result.

We are way above this

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Obviously you have NOT read the tread, because the person you are replying to is an Aborigine.

Kia Ora bro, haka haka ....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I agree for one reason.
Ive been driving to and from work for the past 2 years. It started off as a 25 minute trip, not to bad considering I work a fairly hard 9hr day and like to get home and relax. Over the last 6 - 12 months, it has risen to a 45 minute start-stop trip that can sometimes last as long as an hour and 15 minutes!

Im not racist, i just wish a bit more thought was put into things like this...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join