It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Immigration kills Aussie culture

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Australians all let us rejoice
For we are young and free
We've golden soil and wealth for toil,
Our home is girt by sea:
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare,
In history's page let every stage
Advance Australia fair,
In joyful strains then let us sing
Advance Australia fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross,
We'll toil with hearts and hands,
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands,
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share,
With courage let us all combine
To advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia fair.

We are Australian

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Please educate me, what have you given world??? From where I sit, you've imported the cultures of UK, Ireland and other Euro countries. From the sports you play to the language you speak. What is Aussie???

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Amen Belial

Good job mate

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
On the issue of racism, I would like to point out it's not as common as some think - but there certainly is intolerance for aboriginals who have failed to integrate - they have a sub culture that is very rough, and not very pleasant.

The culture they have is almost certainly as a result of failing to fit into the western society - and then becoming disillusioned, hopeless and angry.

While there are many factors leading to it, and you can easily see it is not really their fault - it is very hard to change - and intolerable to have to live alongside it.

You might empathize with their issues, but it is damn hard not to be annoyed with them - especially when they are drunk and fighting, their children assault others and steal and so on. Sure - there are underlying reasons for it - but it is hard to feel compassion for people who are threatening your safety.

When I was younger I lived in Darwin (capital of the Northern Territory) - I lived in a house with my three best friends there, two of whom I had gone to school with for a long time. My best friend was half aboriginal, the other guy was black south African and the third guy was a TI (Torres Straight Islander) - all were black to some degree - the south African guy was black as black

When we invited other friends over - I had the most black friends, and they would always laugh and say "How white do you feel living in this house!?" Pretty white

For myself, I didn't think much of it - but sometimes my best friends sister would get drunk and wail on about the 'whiteys', oblivious to the fact I was in fact white haha - my friend would roll his eyes and suggest we go out someplace else to drink.

I should also point out - both the half aboriginal guy and his sister were the WORST with their language when they saw any 'abo's' (as they called them) - that is aboriginals who hadn't integrated. They would lean out of the car windows and yell at them "Go and get a fkn shower you smelly abo cnt!" and other such instructive remarks. The victims of this abuse would usually respond with 'white ngr!' and other amusing epithets.

These kind of experiences revealed to me long ago - the color of the skin doesn't mean a damn - it is cultural issues which are at the heart of so called 'racism'.

My friend was studying law at the time, he is now an elected member in the NT govt (I won't say what portfolio - its fitting for him though
)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

Amen Belial

Good job mate

They don't get it and they never will. It don't matter if you're an abbo or a greek or Irish or English or Indian.

If they knew what we had here and how things really were they'd know why we don't want it to change. Why would you want to share this with anyone?

I'd like to remind you foreigners we Australians live in paradise and our economic and social freedoms are much higher than yours as is our standard of living.

This is the new world. Asia is the powerhouse of the 21st century. Your countries are old and collapsing under the weight of their own corruption, clinging to past glories even as they sag under the weight of their massive debt.

Polluted cesspools of impoverished and poor. And you seek to lecture us?

I see how "concerned" you foreigners are for us aboriginals but you don't know who we are. We have ALWAYS been the protectors and custodians of this land. Letting in more people to destroy and inhabit our untouched sacred bushland and outback is not something we want to do.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Amen Belial

Good job mate

They don't get it and they never will. It don't matter if you're an abbo or a greek or Irish or English or Indian.

If they knew what we had here and how things really were they'd know why we don't want it to change. Why would you want to share this with anyone?

I'd like to remind you foreigners we Australians live in paradise and our economic and social freedoms are much higher than yours as is our standard of living.

This is the new world. Asia is the powerhouse of the 21st century. Your countries are old and collapsing under the weight of their own corruption, clinging to past glories even as they sag under the weight of their massive debt.

Polluted cesspools of impoverished and poor. And you seek to lecture us?

I see how "concerned" you foreigners are for us aboriginals but you don't know who we are. We have ALWAYS been the protectors and custodians of this land. Letting in more people to destroy and inhabit our untouched sacred bushland and outback is not something we want to do.

Yep, you're right...Unless you're Australian, unless you've lived here, you wouldn't understand...

That's obvious from some of the rubbish thats been posted in this thread...

They really have no idea *shakes head*

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

There are some areas in England which are exactly the same if not worse.... travel on the transport here and you'd feel like the illegal one believe me.... it seems over the last 20 years the immigrants have had tons of kids who are now in their 20's or during the mass infux of immigrants in the early 2000's and late 90's have cause this explosion....

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

SBS really needs to sell "Fat pizza" for syndication overseas.

That show is awesome.

And anything to do with choppa reid

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Great post, pretty similiar to my own experience.
My family have been here for 7 generations. nearly as long as Federation and we've lost many family members in both Wars.
We are full blooded AUSSIES. It seems many here don't know the meaning of the word "immigrant".

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

SBS really needs to sell "Fat pizza" for syndication overseas.

That show is awesome.

And anything to do with choppa reid

haha

Yeah Fat Pizza...A whole bunch of different nationalities, but Australians, putting # on each other...Awesome !

Oh yeah...Especially Ronnie Johns' impersonation of Chopper !

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Oh yeah...Especially Ronnie Johns' impersonation of Chopper !

ahahaha.. i have to do it..

www.youtube.com...

(warning: swearing)

This is part of Australian culture.. not taking ourselves or life so frickin seriously!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Cultural erosion due to the global mass migrations of the late 20th century is not an exclusively Oz issue.

Much of the mass migrations of the last few decades have only been possible because of easily available and affordable air travel. Globally agreed and imposed green taxation will soon start to curtail air travel for the majority and mass migrations will wane.

Cultural erosion due to global mass media that promotes and glorifies violence and the degradation of respect is not an exclusively sovereign issue, for Oz or any other nation.

The rise of negative cultural discourse will continue until there are food and commodities shortages due to the global fiscal crisis. At that point, the negative discourse risks becoming more than verbalised ideological warfare.

When the dust has settled, each nation or culture will see the effectiveness of the globalist depopulation agenda.

Many posts in this Thread (and others) indicate that the globalists' simple divide and rule strategies are working well. All over the developed world are increasingly reported incidences of race on race or culture on culture violence, both discoursive and actual. The globalists understand human nature. And appear adept at manipulating it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
From your response, you are inferring that Australia doesn't have its own unique culture? That is kind of shocking to read - but kind of funny also.

I think if asked about American culture you might struggle after talking about reality TV and over eating.

Here's a quick list of 'things';

Barbecues, beers, football (Aussie rules) thongs (flip flops), beaches - no fags - sheila's, cricket and 4WD's - mugs and poofta's - g'day and crikey - she'll be right tho - and no worries mate.

You know what's even funnier?
If you go a few pages back what you described is almost EXACTLY what I described!

Very new colonized countries have mostly sports as their form of culture, go back some pages and you will see me saying this.

Thanks for proving me right!

Now if you compare that to other cultures that are not new world countries, meaning countries that were colonized you will see a huge difference.

See I know where you are coming from, my only perspective here is that if you see the cultures of countries that have been around for very long it's just too damn difficult to call the 'behaviorism', 'attitudes', 'likes' and 'dislikes' culture. I can never call that culture.

I do apologize
take care

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PipeyMcGraw
Please educate me, what have you given world??? From where I sit, you've imported the cultures of UK, Ireland and other Euro countries. From the sports you play to the language you speak. What is Aussie???

Try doing some research mate.

In 1879, Australians developed a way for ice to be manufactured artificially, enabling us to export meat to Great Britain on refrigerated ships.
In 1906, the surf lifesaving reel was designed by Lyster Ormsby and built by Sgt John Bond to allow a lifesaver wearing a vest with a rope attached to reach a distressed swimmer.
In 1929, Alfred Traeger built a pedal-powered radio at the request of the Rev. John Flynn, as the communications for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.

Australians were also responsible for more everyday popularly used inventions such as notepads (1902), the Hills Hoist clothesline (1946), the plastic disposable syringe (1949), anti-counterfeiting technology for banknotes (1992) and long-wearing contact lenses (1999).

Medical advances
Australian inventors have contributed to the health and well-being of millions of people around the world. In the 1940s, Howard Florey, a scientist from Adelaide, developed a way for penicillin - the world's first antibiotic - to be manufactured and processed so it could be used to treat infections in humans. His work has saved literally millions of lives and means that today we are able to control most infections very easily.

More recently, Melbournian Dr Graeme Clark pioneered the development of the world's first bionic ear – a miraculous device that literally lets deaf people hear. Dr Clark's work has brought an extra dimension to and vastly improved the quality of life of over 50,000 people in 120 countries.

first full-length feature film (1906)
sunshine header harvester (1914)
speedo swimwear (1929)
rotary clothes line (1946)
wine casks (1965)
staysharp knives (1970)
racecam live television broadcast (1979)
wall-mounted Miniboil machines (1981)
dual-flush toilets (1982)
baby safety capsules (1984)
smartmodem (1992)

Source

Just to name a few.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennyQ
......wine casks (1965)

God yes Penny !!

What would our late teens and early 20's be like without the goon ?

Just wouldn't be the same

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Wonder if the Aborigines felt kinda the same way when the Brits arrived...?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennyQ
......wine casks (1965)

God yes Penny !!

What would our late teens and early 20's be like without the goon ?

Just wouldn't be the same

I shudder to think, we would have had to drink beer

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

Wonder if the Aborigines felt kinda the same way when the Brits arrived...?

Those that continue to live in the past will find it very hard to achieve happiness and contentment in the present and the future. The dispossession of Indigenous Australians is a dark part of our history and not one we have forgotten.

However, how can Australians today preserve all the good qualities and attributes of the country today if mistakes of the past are continually brought up?

Why should Australia allow its current civilisation to be derided by the mass influx of foreigners, many of whom do not respect and appreciate Australia and its qualities?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Why should Australia allow its current civilisation to be derided by the mass influx of foreigners, many of whom do not respect and appreciate Australia and its qualities?

Firstly just maybe part of your 'culture' is derived from part of the culture from which many immigrants come from.

Secondly are you saying that a majority of immigrants do not support Australia's 'culture'? Please give examples if so, otherwise what did you mean?

By the way my stance is not defending mass immigration, so please answer my question.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by whateverpedia

By Australian culture are you referring to Anglo/Irish/Euro culture?

Or Aboriginal culture, which certainly was destroyed by the influx of Anglo/Irish/Euro immigrants over the last two hundred odd years

If you knew ANYTHING about australian culture you would know that aborigional culture is alive and well and taught in schools. Some was lost but it was not completely destroyed.

You should also know that australia has a large jewish and chinese population.. many jewish people came here escaping concentration camps and the chinese have been here since the victorian gold rush. en.wikipedia.org...

"The Afghan Camelmen" also had quite an impact on our culture as they allowed inland australia to be opened up for development.
www.southaustralianhistory.com.au... "The Ghan" train was named in their honour and travels from adelaide all the way to Darwin. It's 2,979 kilometres (1,852 miles) long. en.wikipedia.org...

Not forgetting of course Kiwis and Samoans.. but apparently some people don't even know where australia or NZ are..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

With THAT ind of ignorance it's no wonder some northerners think aussie culture consists of riding kangaroos and bbqing shrimp.

Thats just a few examples where aussie culture is influenced by things other than anglo/irish/euro culture.. but It's fairly clear you already have your own preconceptions you'd rather stick to.. :shk:

[edit on 25-3-2010 by riley]

Now that truly is ignorant.

I was born in Perth (that's in Western Australia - ultra sarcasm intended) in 1962, which is probably 30 years before you were a twinkle in your next door neighbours' eye.

I await your apology (but won't hold my breath).

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join