It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Congress Trades as Ron Paul!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
Ignorance? Most people think they need a drivers license to travel despite supreme court rulings to the contrary. Just because he isn't actively participating means nothing. He cries Constitution does he not?

Where in the Constitution does it say people who hold office must incorporate?

Being listed in DUNS does not mean they are a business, incorporated or a corporation by default.

DUNS

A DUNS Number: What it is and why you need one

Along with all the federal, state, and local government filings on the "starting a new business" checklist, don't forget to apply for a DUNS number. What's a DUNS number you ask? DUNS, or more accurately "D-U-N-S", stands for "Data Universal Numbering System". It's a unique nine-digit number assigned by Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. ("D&B") that identifies your business in their database. It has nothing to do with any government entity and is not required to start a business, but if you ever plan to open trade credit accounts with major vendors or suppliers, it will serve as the linchpin of that effort.

You have to actually apply for the DUNS number.

What is an trade credit account?

Trade Credit Account

One of the best tools for delaying cash outflow of any cash-strapped, or new, retail business is the trade credit available from suppliers. Trade credit is one part of the process to build business credit. It is an open account with a vendor who lets a retailer buy now and pay later.

Many suppliers may require the first order to be paid by credit card or C.O.D. (cash/check on delivery) until the business has been deemed credit worthy. Once it is established that a business can pay its bills on time, it is possible to negotiate trade credit and terms with suppliers.

Basically, it lets you run a tab and then pay the bill at the end of a period based on an invoice.

Thus, in the case of a government office, if they are ordering from suppliers, it is more convenient to allow people in the office to place orders, without someone with the power to write a check or pay for it being there. Which I would imagine is pretty useful with a congressman.

For example, take a printing store for printing up letters to supporters and so on. Which you would probably be using quite often. Do you want to write checks, balance the books every other day? Or would you rather run a tab with the place and run it all at once?

Another 10 more minutes of research. On the bright side, now I understand why people ask me for our number at work since we pay companies net 60.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by badmedia]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Why is everyone so supprised, that in the world of business everything is business. Congress is a business, its employees need to make money for themselves and there business partners, politicians sell ideologies that is there product, so buy the one you think is right for you and hope the politician wasen't bull#ing you and 'walks the walk', instead of 'talking the talk' of the ideoligie you bought . I"m not sure why the search on Dunn & Bradstreet.com gave the op Ron Paul, I think the search engine they have could be like googles your computer stores data on what you search for etc. So if Ron Paul is a higly used previous search it would come under his name if the search was not specific, on another person's computer it would link to different data, congress has more then one employee.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Wow, I thought this thread was pretty much put to rest but I guess not, I don't know what could come of this thread except for more assumptions.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think the real problem here is people are dismissing it entirely because it's an attack on Ron Paul.

All hail Zoltan!

Seriously, stop being so subjective. Oh so having a DUNS number means you aren't necessarily a business whoop whoop.

Can you tell me what "traded as" means?

Please? Spend some research on explaining...

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE LISTED OR TRADED AS OR REGISTER FOR THIS OR THAT TO HOLD OFFICE...

I don't remember seeing any documents with "Traded as GEORGE WASHINGTON"...

Get it? Wasn't required back then, which means it isn't required now. Which leaves me wondering, then why are they doing it...

Erase "Ron Paul" from your mind and look at it with clear eyes.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hi proto!

I have a theory to why these people are listed.

Could it be because they are official trustees presiding over the greatest reorganization of any Bankrupt entity in world history?

Read this:

The Bankruptcy of The United States

United States Congressional Record, March 17, 1993 Vol. 33, page H-1303

Speaker-Rep. James Traficant, Jr. (Ohio) addressing the House:

"Mr. Speaker, we are here now in chapter 11..

Members of Congress are official trustees presiding over the greatest reorganization of any Bankrupt entity in world history, the U.S. Government. We are setting forth hopefully, a blueprint for our future. There are some who say it is a
coroner's report that will lead to our demise.

It is an established fact that the United States Federal Government has
been dissolved by the Emergency Banking Act, March 9, 1933, 48 Stat. 1,
Public Law 89-719; declared by President Roosevelt, being bankrupt and
insolvent. H.J.R. 192, 73rd Congress m session June 5, 1933 - Joint
Resolution To Suspend The Gold Standard and Abrogate The Gold Clause
dissolved the Sovereign Authority of the United States and the official
capacities of all United States Governmental Offices, Officers, and
Departments and is further evidence that the United States Federal Government exists today in name only.

www.apfn.net...

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

That is a distinct possiblity my friend.

It also raises a great question since in fact we are in bankruptcy and have been for so long, and that is why Washington, borrows, prints and spends money like no tomorrow?

One might think certain people and groups want us to be bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Dun & Bradstreet is a resource for companies doing "due diligence" before entering a contract with another company. "Trading" in this case simply means "doing business under the name." Any entity that can enter a contract with another partner is, by Dun & Bradstreet's reckoning, a "business." So, let's say you own a pizza place in Washington DC. You get a phone call from the concierge at the capitol for seventy five pizzas. Naturally, you think you're being hoaxed and demand a credit card number first. The concierge explains that he can get a check cut if your business can provide a counter-party Purchase Order, ie, extend them some credit. Before you start on the paperwork to establish a PO account for Congress, you check out their credit rating at D&B. That simple. As to why Ron Paul? I dunno. Maybe he orders a lot of pizzas.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well Proto, it looks like my initial supposition looks to be correct. This looks to be like a left field swing. Looks like some people did some good investigations and you should give them a comment to show you appreciate there research.

Like I said, I think the given OP looks to be way out in

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ec07282b1e8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
I think the real problem here is people are dismissing it entirely because it's an attack on Ron Paul.

All hail Zoltan!

Seriously, stop being so subjective. Oh so having a DUNS number means you aren't necessarily a business whoop whoop.

Uh, well the entire original theory has been blown to hell. It doesn't matter if it's about Ron Paul or not. As I have already shown, it's a common thing for congressmen to be listed in the D&B, and I even showed you the reasons WHY they would have one.

If you can't handle the truth when it's posted, then that is your problem not mine. As if I am to care if you go around and embarass yourself in front of others simply because you refused to accept the truth? I did my part.

Can you tell me what "traded as" means?

Please? Spend some research on explaining...

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE LISTED OR TRADED AS OR REGISTER FOR THIS OR THAT TO HOLD OFFICE...

#1. They DO NOT HAVE TO BE LISTED. It's a number and listing you have to APPLY FOR. A DUNS number is completely seperate from being a registered as a business. It's for a credit rating.

#2. The reason why it would be listed as "traded as" is because "House of Representatives" is too general. Thus each congressman is listed as "traded as" so that people would know which individual office they are dealing with. Each and every congressmen that is listed in the D&B is listed in the exact same manner.

I don't remember seeing any documents with "Traded as GEORGE WASHINGTON"...

Considering the complete lack of research that has went into this thread, I'm betting you've never even looked. But considering the DUNS number didn't start being used until the 1960's, I'm guessing it's a safe bet.

I'm not sure what part of it not being a government entity itself you do not understand. And obviously, you have failed to read where I pointed out the reason for it.

Get it? Wasn't required back then, which means it isn't required now. Which leaves me wondering, then why are they doing it...

I told you why they do it. It makes it easier to get credit with suppliers. Go read the freaking website, it tells you exactly what it is for.

Erase "Ron Paul" from your mind and look at it with clear eyes.

Ok, I erased Ron Paul and the DUNS number is still the same thing, and all the rest of what I said is still 100% true.

All you are doing is basically proving me right when I said pages ago that these kinds of things are a common political tactic. The accusation is out there, and now people will only know of the accusations, and the truth doesn't matter.

Happy now Proto? Congrats, you have done nothing but spread Ignorance across the net.

This thread should be marked as a HOAX.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Dun & Bradstreet is a resource for companies doing "due diligence" before entering a contract with another company. "Trading" in this case simply means "doing business under the name." Any entity that can enter a contract with another partner is, by Dun & Bradstreet's reckoning, a "business." So, let's say you own a pizza place in Washington DC. You get a phone call from the concierge at the capitol for seventy five pizzas. Naturally, you think you're being hoaxed and demand a credit card number first. The concierge explains that he can get a check cut if your business can provide a counter-party Purchase Order, ie, extend them some credit. Before you start on the paperwork to establish a PO account for Congress, you check out their credit rating at D&B. That simple. As to why Ron Paul? I dunno. Maybe he orders a lot of pizzas.

Except that very few people would worry about the Congress which is the United State's Treasury ability to pay them back.

In fact I can't think of anyone who would base their decision to extend credit to the United States Government based on a credit rating by Dunn and Bradstreet.

The government's ability to pay it's bills is virtually insured by the taxpayer's who fund it!

I have done business with over a half a dozen congressional offices extending to them tens of thousands of dollars in services and never once did the thought ever cross my mind the United States Treasury which cuts the checks wasn't going to be able to afford to.

It doesn't explain why politicians are incorporating along with the over all institution.

Not just their office of but the entire institution?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Has anyone actually read the thread my friend, I have been complimenting people on their efforts throughout.

No one though has provided a difinitive answer yet though, just answers that lead to more questions.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Except that very few people would worry about the Congress which is the United State's Treasury ability to pay them back.

In fact I can't think of anyone who would base their decision to extend credit to the United States Government based on a credit rating by Dunn and Bradstreet.

The government's ability to pay it's bills is virtually insured by the taxpayer's who fund it!

I have done business with over a half a dozen congressional offices extending to them tens of thousands of dollars in services and never once did the thought ever cross my mind the United States Treasury which cuts the checks wasn't going to be able to afford to.

You can get a D&B number for free, all you have to do is apply. The only thing that costs money is to get listed faster by being investigated quicker.

Many companies ask such questions by default and to fill out forms. Many companies will not even deal with you at all unless you have a D&B number, and to ask for it is standard practice etc.

When you have workers who handle things, then you generally have set guidelines they have to follow. The ability to overlook something like that seems trivial to us, but when you get into big companies the employees themselves are generally not in a position to overlook such things.

In fact, wouldn't be surprised if a person working in a position is probably thinking exactly the same thing you said. Yet, their work regulations require them to do it anyway.

Shouldn't part of the question be - why wouldn't a congressman want a D&B number?

It doesn't explain why politicians are incorporating along with the over all institution.

Not just their office of but the entire institution?

You haven't proven that this is even true yet. If they are incorporating as you say, then you would be able to business licences and all those kinds of things. Having a D&B number does not automatically mean they area business, incorporated or otherwise. It means they are an organization that has need for trade accounts.

Each of the listings have "BR" as their business type, where as normal businesses do not.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Official trustees is because they are elected officials. The people have officially "trusted" them to handle the issues and what not.

en.wikipedia.org...

Trustee is a legal term for a holder of property on behalf of a beneficiary. A trust can be set up either to benefit particular persons, or for any charitable purposes (but not generally for non-charitable purposes): typical examples are a will trust for the testator's children and family, a pension trust (to confer benefits on employees and their families), and a charitable trust. In all cases, the trustee may be a person or company, whether or not they are a prospective beneficiary.

The American people are he "Beneficiary", but of course that is really just a label cuz "it ain't true". The beneficiary is really the bankers, corporations and so forth. Yet, if you are to "play the game" then "officially" the American people are the "Beneficiary". If they actually did what they said and so forth, then it would be true.

So it's kind of a joke to call them that IMO, but it doesn't really have anything to do with the topic itself.

If you want to know the real scam of it all, click on the link in my signature about "I want the world plus 5%". It shows the scam of fractional banking and how the American people are robbed through interest in a system that is economically designed to rob the people.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Originally posted by badmedia

You have to actually apply for the DUNS number

It's a number and listing you have to APPLY FOR

Apparently, not exactly so.

From your link - DUNS - fifth paragraph down:

if you don't explicitly apply for a DUNS number, one will eventually be created for you whether you like it or not (unless you do business under a rock), but it's better to go ahead and apply for one to get the ball rolling.

also,

...But like I mentioned, your business will get a DUNS number assigned to it sooner or later anyway, so there's really no place to hide.

Though I don't see where it explains by what mechanism or legal-authority a non-applied for DUNS number would be "created" or "assigned" to a company.

As for the "BR" notation listed under company "Type", I think it refers to the company being a "Branch" legally attached to a "Headquarters" (HQ).

Headquarters
A headquarters is a business location that has branches or divisions reporting to it, and is legally responsible for those branches or divisions. If the headquarters is more than 50 percent owned by another corporation, it will also be a subsidiary. If it owns more than 50 percent of another corporation, then it is also a parent.

smallbusiness.dnb.com...

What if the U.S. HQ (Federal Government), is a subsidiary of another, perhaps foreign-owned, corporation? That would explain much, imo.

Branch
A branch is a secondary location of a business. It has no legal responsibility for its debts, even though bills may be paid from the branch location. It will have the same legal business name as its headquarters, although branches frequently operate under a different trade style. A branch may be located at the same address as the headquarters if it has a unique trade style and unique operations. In such cases, the branch will appear to be a duplicate of the headquarters record.

smallbusiness.dnb.com...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

What if the U.S. HQ (Federal Government), is a subsidiary of another, perhaps foreign-owned, corporation? That would explain much, imo.

That's what I am beginning to be more inclined to believe. We've pointed out some really strange things. Like all the congressman being represented as a small business. Then the stuff I gathered about the government contracts and 203 Cannon House being in a qualified HUBZone. The requirements are here.

These are: Your business must qualify as a small business under the SBA standards. For more information, read Registering with the SBA as a Small Business. 51 percent of your company must be owned by citizens of the United States of America The principal location of your business must be located within a HUBZone 35 percent of your employees must live within the area of the HUBZone The SBA awards HUBZone contracts according to regulations set up by FAR. The three basic HUBZone contracts awarded are: (1) competitive contracts, (2) sole source contracts, and (3) full and open competition contracts.

So why is it significant that 203 Cannon House address is considered a qualified HUBZone? HUBZone stands for Historically Underutilized Business Zones.

To be a qualified HUBZone small business concern a company must: be a small business : be owned and controlled only by US citizens : have the "principle office" located in a HUBZone : have at least 35% of the company's employees residing in a HUBZone (doesn't have to be the same HUBZone as the company's principal office) : be certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know if it is related but something isn't right. Maybe that's just my conspiratorial brain working but something is bothering me with all this. I am going to check if there is a way to see if Ron Paul is certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Him and the others too. This isn't significant here?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You guys are still going with this? Apparently nobody looked at my original post in this thread.

The "BR" is branch. RPs office is a branch of the house of representatives. Just like When you search for Nancy Pelosi, you get a different house # and it is still listed as a "BR".

They are most likely listed in this database because they hire employees to work for them. RP and whoever else gets in office is "hiring" these people to work for him. They select the people, they don't just wander in or get appointed by someone else. They are technically a business, even if it is one supposedly owned by 'we the people'.

I honestly don't see why this thread is still running. 5 Minutes of research, double checking, and basic common sense pretty much leads you to the obvious conclusion. This is a 3rd party business creating database entries for various entities that perform business. They list it as such.

What more is there to understand or not understand? Please, enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I read the first pages,and then this one. I have to agree, that there is no big deal about the DUNS, heck I have one of those and a GACE code as well.

The difference, as ProtoplasmicTraveler pointed out is, that unlike most people doing business, they are doing it as the actual entitity of the government in which they represent.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

Ahhh "Branch"!!!! Thanks, I couldn't figure out what that meant. I see someone else said they mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I apparently missed it. Wish I had seen that earlier.

Also good information that one will be created anyway, even if you don't apply.

I only did about 5 minutes of research to prove how bad the assumptions made by the OP were.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I read the first pages,and then this one. I have to agree, that there is no big deal about the DUNS, heck I have one of those and a GACE code as well.

The difference, as ProtoplasmicTraveler pointed out is, that unlike most people doing business, they are doing it as the actual entitity of the government in which they represent.

But there is nothing to suggest they are doing any "business" that is not natural or would be needed.

There are tons of legitimate reasons why an office of congress would be doing "business" with companies.

Quite a step away from someone being "President of the corporate congress".

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Possesion is still 9/10s of the law correct, so technically, they are representing the posititon they hold, as would any one. But the possability that business is being conducted, and it is supposed to be transparent should be enough to pursue interest in these matters.

Obviously we can not trust the government to have quality oversight, so I for one invite the OPs scrutiny and oversight in what no one else would. Leave no rock unturned, right.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join