It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I'm still not sure if even a brutal sub-sect like The Order Of The Nine Angles actually believe in a deity that is satan.

personally speaking, if I actually believed in the devil then I would also have to believe in god as well. and in that scenario it would be idiotic to side with satan who in theology is destined to be on the losing side. It would be like betting ones life savings that the Lions would win the superbowl next year.

so in that sense I say that the people who believe in a real devil and worship him are fools or crazy or both. and yes I might even say evil...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I don't know much about UFO Satanism, But I did read somewhere that there's a link for a Illuminati group off a Satanic group.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

if real satanism that retarded # where they offer real human sacrifices and have big ol sex orgies then no one would really want to be apart of it who would want to join a religion especially in the 70's and be a risk of being a sacrifice that stuff was people who were not by all means considered sane by you or me but like charles manson said the question of insanity is irrelevant just like the question of evil its irrelevant whats evel to you or me might not be to someone else and the fact that you bring up that human sacrifice stuff the mayans and other cultures used to practice it but they wasnt satanists as a matter of fact you cant say that lavey's satanism isnt! and if you did read that book then what should be the number one holiday for a satanist? also what are the last 13 or 19 pages about? what is the name for people who play on peoples sympathy?

100% agreed!

and the #1 holiday is ones own birthday. hell yeah

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I would have to say the US, EUROPEAN UNION, and me is more evil than satanism..

The US and European Union for using Problem Reaction Solution Hegelian Dialect Ends Justifies the Means ORDER out of CHAOS modality/capitalism. A system of works not faith yet saying faith without works is dead.
See Work SUCKS thread here on ATS.

Me,
for if it were up to me all but a million of you on planet earth would be destroyed with no regret.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a few more come to mind:

• slavery
  • capital punishment
  • telling a child they are stupid, ugly, unwanted, etc.
  • mistreatment of any animal

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

If you already have the answer, why create a thread teasing us 'less informed individuals'.
That is not a crime; maybe the wording was less-ideal again!
Tell us what you think and then we may be able to comment and add information, which may help you with a more 'wordly' formulated opinion!
If this was not your aim in thread creation, I apologize.

How can you say what Le Vey was or wasn't (unless you have personal insight into him), Do you?
Please don't insult the man that gave the alternative to Christainity a face, in modern society. Weither you agree or disagree with A.L; there have been many 'Proto-satanists' in the past; just as there have been many individuals exhibiting the 'Christ Consciousness', many Buddhas, many christian saints etc.
Designated religions recuit individuals to support their cause (they have always done this)- look at the recuitment of the new POPE or Dahlai LAMA etc.
Satanism has its place accordingly; and is no less divine...it encompasses the thread of divinity; which all religions do.
Whom is more evil....Paarleassse....
How about: who does the more debauched things according to your ethics??
(Isn't that the real question)?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
you said this wasnt a discussion about god(good) satan(bad) yet the title suggests other wise now what would be the main replies in a thread if i titled it is there anything more evil then christianity would pretty much be the same # right?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here are my 10 commandments that I live by everyday.

1. Do not push your religious beliefs, spiritual beliefs, or lack there of on anyone else.
2. Treat every person with dignity, respect, and honor.
3. Do not hate any person for any reason, forgiveness is the route to happiness.
4. Always be willing to give your time to help others. No body should force you to be charitable other than your own conscience.
5. Respect nature, do not try to control or manipulate it.
6. Do not use corporation for any reason, trust your money only to local banks.
7. Do not force your political or moral beliefs on any other person, a complete seperation of church and state.
8. Do not condone violence for any reason other than self or national defense.
9. Do not lie, you do not have to answer a question without being directly asked it.
10. Live close to mother earth.

Now asking if there is any religion that is more evil than Satanism and Luciferianism I would have to say every religion because they teach an improper belief of God. I believe that each religion teaches more about support of the Devil than that of a God. FYI I do not believe in Hell.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

if you do not believe in hell then do you believe in heaven? you cant have one without the other as with god and satan they go hand in hand just reminding you incase you do believe in heaven you say you dont hell but if you do heaven then you have to believe in hell unless your talking of a non christian heaven where everyone in the after life gets to enjoy nirvana then it could somewhat make sense!

but having gone through here and done all my arguing and saying all i wanted to say and make my points loud and clear to the religious world in some small way that i do respect and admire christian folk and i dont mean your bible thumpers or the church goers that give dirty looks to you because the back of your lamb of god shirt says walk with me in hell i mean the ones that dont care about what your attire is the ones that pat you on the back and say inspiring things encouraging things the ones that when your sleeping in a laundry mat ask you if you have a place to go those are the ones i love and i truly love them because those are the people i enjoy most they wanna help you out no matter what they dont care about what you believe they want to show you what human compassion and kindness truly is and i say thanks to any christian that reads this that applies to you!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Just out of curiosity, is there a more evil "-ism" than Satanism?

Satanism and Luciferianism seem vaguely defiend and there is a lot of overlap depending on who you talk to. Luciferians, for the most part, seem to see Lucifer as an empowering fugure, more like a kind of re-vamped Promethius who brings powers to humans that are supposeldy unfairly withheld by the higher real God. In this, while certianly twisted, they strike me as slightly less sinister than hardcore Satanists, who embrace their object of worship with the full-blown knowledge (i think) that they are entering a pact steeped with evil that will untimately lead to the harvesting of their souls.

But what about beyonf that? Is there an even more evil philosophy? For exmple, I can imagine (however twisted it may seem) a kind of nihilistic and hypotheric "evil-for-evil's sake" philosophy that would go beyond both Satanism and Luciferianism. The former two at least expect some kind of benefit (however rooted in misconception) from their dark devotions: power, money, sex, etc. But what about a hypothetical organization that believed in so such thing and just engaged in random acts of extreme evil and crtuelty simply for the for the raw, momentary sake of doing so, without any expectatim of reward and perhaps even the full, embraced knoweldge that they would fry in hell for all eternity.

Does any such philosophy exist? Because it dos, it strikes me as beyond both Luciferianism and Satanism in terms of raw depravity.

[edit on 1/20/10 by silent thunder]

That great evil of which you speak can only be performed by Satan himself.

Only Satan has absolutely nothing else to gain and absolutely nothing else to lose. his entire purpose is to bring others down with him.

Those -isms to which you refer are some means by which he attempts to accomplishe his goal.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

do you chose ignorance over enlightenment or vice versa?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I think he chooses Salvation over "enlightenment".

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

isnt that dancing around the question? thats like asking someone if they believe theres a god no i believe there is a superior being

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Satanism is a word that I would use to describe evil acts of worshipping performed by people, or at least thats what I have been brought up with.

The dictionary definition

1 : innate wickedness
2 : obsession with or affinity for evil ritual; specifically : worship of Satan

Religion is a word we descibe a set of beliefs and practices that worship an idol generally agreed upon by many others.

The dictionary definition

the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

1 : the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

Both words are defined by, worship,ritual, and a set of beliefs yet we are all brought up with the belief that Satanism is wrong and that Religion is right. Yet so many wars and deaths are the result of Religion?

I always think to myself 'what if we find out that christianity/catholism is the devil and Satan is the good guy.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

wouldnt that be an ironic chain of events i myself have pondered that myself givin the history of the 2 but i come to the conclusion that anything is possible aserting yourself all your life to one sect or cult is pointless keep your mind open let your imagination run wild and be free of all the b/s! so that when the time comes your not stcuk to a ball and chain that could spell catastrophe

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
the society of progressive demonic realists

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
religion in a way is like slavery you use up all your life trying to please that which you worship instead of being free enjoying life CELEBRATING LIFE you spend all your time arguing with people who tell you your wrong and judging other people because of there opinions beliefs or how they dress anything that makes them individually different then your persona to hell with that i say accept all aspects of life and people and try to get along with everyone until they disrespect you first or need to be corrected of there ignorance unless they state an opinion which cannot be conceived as ignorance because it was not a statement as a fact...life is to short to believe in something that you wont know the truth about until you die!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Absolutely, I am not a religious person and I doubt without an extraordinary event occurring I will ever be. I am against all religion and any practices that say 'we are better than you, join and be one of us' Religion in my eyes is a form of control and power. However, that said I know its off topic a little but I wanted to draw peoples attention to this thread. My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven I found it whilst a fellow moderator was trying to help me out yesterday. It made me think, that maybe people who have these 'experiences' have to turn to religion BECAUSE nothing else makes sense. I mean science cannot explain it therefore it must be GOD? What do you think?

No sign of satan but what if this really did happen?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

I think he chooses Salvation over "enlightenment".

Indeed, FeralMonkeyMagic.

Indeed.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

here's a theory and again just a theory just like anything that has to deal with the afterlife maybe when they say life is what you make it well maybe the samething can be said of the afterlife therefore if you belive you are going to hell maybe people actually go to a place that they imagine what hell would be like but strictly there imaginative of it just like that guy in that thread that is prolly what he really envisions heaven to be like and therefore he experienced it in an outer body experience think about this also when you dream its sort of like an out body experience and your dreams are usually controled in some way by your mind memories sub-consciousness maybe after life is like a dream your a free spirit roaming around if you believe that your religion was correct and you think your going to heaven maybe you go to a heaven A HEAVEN that you envision it as who knows!! i have heard all kinds of different versions of heaven and hell so like i said maybe it is what you make it!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by metalholic]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join