It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

isnt that dancing around the question? thats like asking someone if they believe theres a god no i believe there is a superior being

dancing around the question, no.

Quite obviously he believes in God and the word of God through the Bible.

The want for knowledge is for those who desire power. Salvation is a very different story.

Who says that salvation does not also imply learning many or all of the things we are currently unaware of?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I read you arguing with metalholic for 3 pages before I couldn't take the b!#$#ing anymore. But I've just got to say...you are so simple minded...metalholic never stated he was a satanist...and he was simply pointing out the fact that the OP knew nothing about satanism, and was simply going off Hollywood portrayal of "good" vs "evil"...Satan is always this ultra bass ass guy going around doing evil things because it makes him all warm inside...and metalholic can make such logical analysis simply because he's viewing it with an open mind, and doesn't actually believe in religion, and tries THINKING FOR HIMSELF...thus enabling him to see religion for what it is...you're just so attached to the idea that Satan MUST be some hardcore evildoer because it's been etched into your mind and you couldn't possibly try to exert some independent thought because you'd rather believe what everyone else tells you...furthermore, you haven't even got a real understanding about what true Satanism teaches, yet you try to blindly argue metalholic must be wrong in his analysis, and the point he was making, when it WAS perfectly legitimate and on topic.

[edit on 20/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

religion in a way is like slavery you use up all your life trying to please that which you worship instead of being free enjoying life CELEBRATING LIFE you spend all your time arguing with people who tell you your wrong and judging other people because of there opinions beliefs or how they dress anything that makes them individually different then your persona to hell with that i say accept all aspects of life and people and try to get along with everyone until they disrespect you first or need to be corrected of there ignorance unless they state an opinion which cannot be conceived as ignorance because it was not a statement as a fact...life is to short to believe in something that you wont know the truth about until you die!

Interesting - because you know no more than anyone else, yet you are attempting to cast doubt into minds of those who have already made their minds and hearts up. You are the one calling other peoples faith into question here.

Christians celebrate life, most definitely.

I thank God for every day that i have and try and do the best i can during that day.

What better way to celebrate life than by enjoying your day?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

wouldnt it be smart to instead of dance from account to account to just say what you got say as tarzanbeta i mean come on!! an another thing you cant prove there is salvation or a god or a jesus but i can prove everything in that bible is made up of other religious beliefs at the time it was written and before if not everything but most of it! also did you ever stop to think that being created in gods image could mean that an alien race was once here on the earth and created us from the earth with there dna humans because infact an alien creating a human would be looked as a god therefore we were created in gods image (an alien) now i can prove that that is more likely true then your standard belief of god...all you gotta go is look through the ancient mythologies and civilizations of the world! and when god does return he will be of an alien race that we were created after so they will look human! now you think thats rubbish? go read your bible!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

wouldnt it be smart to instead of dance from account to account to just say what you got say as tarzanbeta i mean come on!! an another thing you cant prove there is salvation or a god or a jesus but i can prove everything in that bible is made up of other religious beliefs at the time it was written and before if not everything but most of it! also did you ever stop to think that being created in gods image could mean that an alien race was once here on the earth and created us from the earth with there dna humans because infact an alien creating a human would be looked as a god therefore we were created in gods image (an alien) now i can prove that that is more likely true then your standard belief of god...all you gotta go is look through the ancient mythologies and civilizations of the world! and when god does return he will be of an alien race that we were created after so they will look human! now you think thats rubbish? go read your bible!

sorry mate - but you're a tool and an ignorant one at that.

Wouldn't it be smart to just use grammar when trying to demonstrate a point, it usually helps with making said point?

Your posts are incredibly difficult to read, it's even harder to pull any kind of "open mindedness" coming from you when you just keep telling people how they are stupid and closed minded and this and that and attack attack attack.

Your message is lost mate. You have been saying the same thing over and over, trying to re-word it with absolutely no luck in getting the point across about anything.

I have read La Vey's Bible and ill say is this, all i got from it is power to ones self at the expense of everyone else.

LOL @ accusation that i am some other poster.

Why, because some one here had the balls to demonstrate a point in a few sentences not block posts that are devoid of grammar or sense.

Also, you cannot prove ANYTHING - you cannot prove that beliefs of a Christian are void and that beliefs of "satanism" are more or less evil than anything.. Why - because you cannot make a point understood with your sub knowledge of the english language and how to use it to your favour.

In fact, if you did any research that was counter to your idea that religion is a sham - you might come across a piece of information where Jesus was mentioned outside the Bible, he was documented by a ROMAN SCHOLAR, A RECORD KEEPER - RECORDED TO HAVE BEEN PUT TO DEATH BY CRUCIFIXION for crimes AGAINST ROME.

This little fact which you got WRONG, proves to me that you are ignorant and like you wish to point out to others and only look into things that will agree with your own idea of how things are.

When you said "created by an alien race" it actually rang a bell in my mind. Yes, the thought had crossed my mind, to be honest, if i saw God, if i actually was in it's presence, i dare say id interpret it to be "alien" like - because i would have no basis to relate it into the world i am in now.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

also did you ever stop to think that being created in gods image could mean that an alien race was once here on the earth and created us from the earth with there dna humans because infact an alien creating a human would be looked as a god therefore we were created in gods image (an alien) now i can prove that that is more likely true then your standard belief of god...all you gotta go is look through the ancient mythologies and civilizations of the world! and when god does return he will be of an alien race that we were created after so they will look human! now you think thats rubbish? go read your bible!
Yep, I totally agree, I'm convinced the "God(s)" referred to in ancient religious scripts and writings, were actually Aliens, "Gods from the sky"...it was only natural for our ancient cultures to assume a super advanced race were Gods and angels...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

i have studied tarzan beta on other threads as i study all the other posters on here most seem to go with the popular arguement some like to differ either because they do have something to back up there arguement or to jus get someone's blood pressure up and tarzan beta reads through threads usually makes a good point but overall seems to think hes superman from time to time that arrogance aggravtes me as i hate them types of personalities because i myself have that flaw from time to time human flaws just aggravate me as far as my posting on here and you not being able to comprehend or whatever your supposed point was hey thats your feeble ass mind's problem not mine cant read it DONT read it but back to main point you always seem to be on the same page as him and he geniunely stands up for himself through out forums but for some reason he didnt here you came to his aid in the exact time it would take someone to switch accounts and delay as to act like another user i could be wrong as i'm no "divine all knowing god" but just my analysis!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be easier to just use grammar when trying to demonstrate a point, it usually helps with making said point?
I'd say your point is lost...and you are dodging real discussion by attacking his grammar...it's a last resort when you having nothing else to attack, and really says a lot about you. I've read very intelligent posts with deep and complex meanings, written with bad grammar and structure...it's no way to judge the actual point being made...it doesn't matter if someone has less than perfect grammar...and you certainly shouldn't attack people for such a reason...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

jesus by all means could have been a living breathing man and we are all GOD'S children woop dee doo he wasnt nothing the bible says he was if anyhting he was prolly just a middle east version of a hippie preaching peace love and harmony without all the drugs! not to the extent of a hippie ofcourse but you still aint proven the bible yet but if you want i can post all kinds of links on here that could point to god being an alien race that visited earth! but what would be the point you made your mind up the bible is real so with that said are the stories in the books of enoch,jubilees and the one containing supposed miracles and mishapps of jesus as a youth true?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I am requesting that you, who professes to know so much, proceed to educate me on how Satanism is evil.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

i have studied tarzan beta on other threads as i study all the other posters on here most seem to go with the popular arguement some like to differ either because they do have something to back up there arguement or to jus get someone's blood pressure up and tarzan beta reads through threads usually makes a good point but overall seems to think hes superman from time to time that arrogance aggravtes me as i hate them types of personalities because i myself have that flaw from time to time human flaws just aggravate me as far as my posting on here and you not being able to comprehend or whatever your supposed point was hey thats your feeble ass mind's problem not mine cant read it DONT read it but back to main point you always seem to be on the same page as him and he geniunely stands up for himself through out forums but for some reason he didnt here you came to his aid in the exact time it would take someone to switch accounts and delay as to act like another user i could be wrong as i'm no "divine all knowing god" but just my analysis!

Interesting that you would base a belief on no tangible evidence and just your assumptions as to what is going on - sounds like what you are accusing me of to be honest, do you know what a Hypocrite is?

You need to calm down and use grammar. Your posts give me a Flipping headache.

Also, the name calling is unnecessary and truly demonstrates your mental age when you are posting.

I am going to make an assumption here.

I think you smoke too much pot - i think you have aggressive tendencies towards things you cannot explain - i think you spend too much time researching things which are on the outside of most intellectual circles (for a reason - they make no sense nor agree with any logic known to be used in making an informed decision) I think, like most humans, you go with the easiest answer and i also think that you let your imagination get away with you.

Nowhere here have i stated my religious beliefs but you seem quite content to jump to yet another conclusion.

I think you do most of this "research" whilst being high - which would definitely inhibit your ability to weigh up evidence instead of taking it all at face value.

I think you need a new approach to this idea that you know more than everyone else.

I pointed out that he (tarzan) had a different strive than what you outlined - to which you exploded a response back that made no sense, just a rage rant.

Your argument is fueled by anger and frustration - this clouds your ability to formulate sentences and better get your point across.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
lol lots of "pro-Satan" people on here cuz they read the satanic bible!!..and people who don't like your thread cuz OMG he/it "doesnt exsist!" Lots of off-topic nonsense. I for one, like your thread sir.
Seems most are just too afraid to delve into it w/o saying satan doesn't exsist or throwing out some kind of... you_mis-understand_satan@! garbage.

Can you prove, to decisive satisfaction, that he does exist?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by metalholic

also did you ever stop to think that being created in gods image could mean that an alien race was once here on the earth and created us from the earth with there dna humans because infact an alien creating a human would be looked as a god therefore we were created in gods image (an alien) now i can prove that that is more likely true then your standard belief of god...all you gotta go is look through the ancient mythologies and civilizations of the world! and when god does return he will be of an alien race that we were created after so they will look human! now you think thats rubbish? go read your bible!
Yep, I totally agree, I'm convinced the "God(s)" referred to in ancient religious scripts and writings, were actually Aliens, "Gods from the sky"...it was only natural for our ancient cultures to assume of a super advanced race were Gods and angels...

Then you're not doing a very good job reading your Bible, friend.

The words "very" and "advanced" and "race" existed in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek at the time of the writing of the various pieces of the Bible. The fact that these three words are not used in conjunction with eachother lends credence to the fact that in no way, shape, or form was there a "super advanced race" which the "primitive people" worshipped. In fact, those to whom you refer as "primitive" are people who were much stronger, wiser, and faster than ANYONE LIVING ON THE PLANET TODAY. And yet, they were and are still considered WEAK as compared to God.

If those who were so "primitive" simply worshipped the "super advanced race" and didn't know it, then how is it that people today, in our oh-so-severely-overrated-brains, find a way to believe in and somehow vote for politicians on a regular basis? Have you -seen- tabloids?

Oh, I'm sorry. We have machines to do our work for us now. That makes us really smart.

Let's see how smart you are when they make a machine that even farts for you. You'll become like jello. Your brain, your body, your heart -- let's just keep making that technology.

Honestly. Technology is the only thing that separates us from earlier eras. In my perception, technology has made us a greedy, slothful, and godless race.

Hooray for brains.

I deleted an extra "were" somewhere up there. Even though we are less a "were", we've gained one.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Wouldn't it be easier to just use grammar when trying to demonstrate a point, it usually helps with making said point?
I'd say your point is lost...and you are dodging real discussion by attacking his grammar...it's a last resort when you having nothing else to attack, and really says a lot about you. I've read very intelligent posts with deep and complex meanings, written with bad grammar and structure...it's no way to judge the actual point being made...it doesn't matter if someone has less than perfect grammar...and you certainly shouldn't attack people for such a reason...

Interesting that you would pipe up with that. As being able to demonstrate a point is the key in debating.

I am not making fun of him, grammar in the English language is key to being understood - if he wishes to debate, i merely give an idea of how to better communicate.

Again, i made no point there aside from his grammar.

I have made no supposition about the "evil" that satanism preaches - in fact you are all so angry, you just jump on any opportunity to have a rage rant at someone.

read my other posts in this forum, they might shed some light on the "ideas" he brings up.

Btw - i never called into question my religious beliefs, this thread is not about anyones religious beliefs - but those who support satanism are obviously having a great time attacking everyone else.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

what is your arguement that you cant read my paragraphs? that you have no proof with which to argue any of the statements i have made? because if so you would think you would have went out of your way to prove anything i said wrong which you have not your attacking my grammar is as bad as me calling your mind feeble so eye for an eye tooth for a tooth! i dont write or think to please anyone i dont go into topics with a narrow minded view at the topic at hand when someone points out satanism is evil though no being a believer i'm going to stand up and say chritianity is evil whose killed and ruined more lives through out history?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

for example lady madaline being looked at as a whore which was a female apostle of jesus the bible didnt want to admit that jesus had a female follower because at the time the bible was written women were looked as feeble weaker and non equivelant to man! therefore that bible is just as much rubbish as any other claim on here it says in the bible that children who misbehave badly should be stoned another wrods have stones throwed at them do you treat your children this way do you follow everything it says because you seem to think its 100% right!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

jesus by all means could have been a living breathing man and we are all GOD'S children woop dee doo he wasnt nothing the bible says he was if anyhting he was prolly just a middle east version of a hippie preaching peace love and harmony without all the drugs! not to the extent of a hippie ofcourse but you still aint proven the bible yet but if you want i can post all kinds of links on here that could point to god being an alien race that visited earth! but what would be the point you made your mind up the bible is real so with that said are the stories in the books of enoch,jubilees and the one containing supposed miracles and mishapps of jesus as a youth true?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by metalholic]

Your idea that God was an alien race is your opinion. I am 100% positive that anything that you posted would be new age interpretations by people who are not qualified to read ancients texts and are most definitely not "scholars" of any sort.

The stories in Enoch can be summed up, much like the Bible. Analogies and Metaphors. Interesting that you would take it so black and white. Remember that you are reading things from thousands of years ago, from a persons perspective, thousands of years ago.

How would you describe the cosmos, or black holes, or flying machines if you had never seen them before? Yes, that's right - using analogies and metaphors.

Who said i made my mind up? I was supporting Tarzan in his 3 sentence reply to you. You are assuming again. You know what they teach don't you? Assuming makes an ASS out of YOU and ME. Don't assume as to what i am thinking - because ill tell you in plain, well written and easy to understand English.

My job is not to prove the bible, the bible was written as an analogy and uses metaphors as a mechanism to describe complex theoretics to people who might not understand them so well... *cough*

The Bible is the history of a Religion, not the verbatim history of the planet.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I in no way claim to be divine and I apologize for coming off that way. I agree that it is a flaw of mine that I appear to believe that I am superior. I promise you, I do not believe that my life is any more important than yours.

You've done well in your assessment of me. Given that knowledge, if you know what it is I do that makes me seem to appear superior, even knowing that I am not, do you fear knowledge and wisdom because you fear seeming superior?

No, I am not superior at all. However, it is only by wisdom of God that I realize that God glorifies those who pay heed. Those who seek will find the truth. Those who are righteous will be glorified.

I have MANY things to fix. After benevolent tyrant changed up one of my posts for being too personal with an attack, I realized that God was telling me that I was doing no good for Him by calling people names just because I was disgusted with their lack of thought.

You're absolutely right and you have a right to think what think about me.

However, do not let that interfere with the search for truth. Appearing superior is NOT a bad thing.

I often enjoy the challenge of facing someone who seems bigger than me.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

as do i! and same for you i enjoy a good challenge and i knew in time of running into you on threads we would meet in one! so here we are!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

for example lady madaline being looked at as a whore which was a female apostle of jesus the bible didnt want to admit that jesus had a female follower because at the time the bible was written women were looked as feeble weaker and non equivelant to man! therefore that bible is just as much rubbish as any other claim on here it says in the bible that children who misbehave badly should be stoned another wrods have stones throwed at them do you treat your children this way do you follow everything it says because you seem to think its 100% right!

You're saying that people didn't want to admit that Jesus might have had a female follower because they were considered feeble... yet... doesn't it make sense that Jesus would have a female follower as He is a male figure?

Also, don't you think it's a little too much to expect the little ol' Bible to contain EVERY STORY OF EVERY PERSON EVER? It's big enough for how condensed it is.

How easy life would be if we could just stone our misbehaved children.

Should and should are two different things.

We should all be stoned for our pathetic evils and mistakes. We're so mindless sometimes.

However, we should all show love and forgiveness, for we all fall short.

Are you going to be punished for following a law? No. Are you going to be judged BY THAT VERY LAW? Yes.

Therefore, it is wiser to love. However, it is even wiser to not know the law at all and simply love because you believe in love and you believe in good and love is what you do because you want to do it.

Therefore, do not even be wise. Simply learn to love and want to do it for the sake of it.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by TarzanBeta]

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join