It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

alright you want the bull? be prepared for the horns! go ahead an quote me admitting i'm a satanist!!! lets see it!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

reply to post by Wookiep

I find your posts a bit disturbing. I can only assume your mind is completely shut out from anything beyond what one side of the story says. This is not a way to progressively think.

I am agnostic, I am if anything a practicing athiest but with my mind open to accept either highly evolved lifeforms that would appear godlike, or a actual cosmic intelligence...both forms not needing my worship in the same way that I would need the worship of a flea on a dog 4000 miles away.

It is with my general detatchment from religions that allows me to look at it as a story..like reading battlestar galactica really. The ability to be completely neutral and see both sides of the argument.

I do see in the story of God V Satan some basic principles.
God scorned man for attaining knowledge...satan encouraged man to gain knowledge.
When God is upset with man, he smites em, brings em to near extinction, etc...
When Satan becomes upset with man, he does pretty much nothing, or tries to help them out by offering/educating in materialism
God gives you a body filled with primal desires and tells you to ignore them or be damned
Satan tells you to acknowledge and embrace them and live for life verses for death
etc etc etc. God stands up and basically says "I am God, I am a good god, and those whom do not believe I am good and just will suffer and die in horrible ways forever"
Satans response to this was....wtf...ya, I am going to start my own thing...good luck with that God.

and some toungue in cheek (but real) examples:
God says no dancing...the devil makes you groove
God says no music...the devil plays the fiddle
God says no flesh exposed...the devil taught women to wear makeup

You would probably be one to partake in satanic ways 1000 times before you did anything God deemed fine on a daily basis..from admiring beauty of people, fornication be it in the mind or in the physical, keep your own money, hoard resources, etc etc...and yet say that satan (father of materialism and pleasure) is evil in your mind. its at best hypocritical, but more due to simply willfull ignorance.

Finally...heaven is so hard to get into if you actually read the bible and took it literally...that its filled with about 7 people so far...hell is where all your family, friends, loved ones, leaders, and..everyone else has gone or is going...seriously...read the bible, then attach the rules of the bible onto anyone, yourself included. guess where your going if "its all true".

Its a test meant to fail. you can say you will try to do your best, praise jesus (btw, jesus never said pray to me...john added that bit in...praying to jesus the dude on the cross is a compartmental aspect view of god...a icon really..and the bible forbids icon worship)love puppies, etc fine...but if you actually read the bible, study bit by bit, you would realise one final thing...we are farked .

and finally...I wish to say, anyone with a deity religion, I deem mentally handicapped. It is a profound ignorance of the universe we live in and a exceptionally powerful shortcut to critical thinking...all deitys...God, Satan, Allah, Opera, etc...all are the absolute same as believing in the giant pepsi monster that gave us the great fizz of life and its bubbly wonder we live on..or just make up whatever insane chatter you can here. mentally amusing but incredibly dumb. use lessons from religion? sure...if the story of the mudmen discovering the lost floating city of the elven angels somehow brings forth a life lesson...then take that...chuckle at the story, but accept the wisdom behind it.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Wookiep

alright you want the bull? be prepared for the horns! go ahead an quote me admitting i'm a satanist!!! lets see it!!!

Oh no, not the bull with the horns!!!!! WTF, you started off with this from the VERY beginning attempting to derail the whole point of the thread!

sounds like you need to read anton lavey's satanic bible because you dont know what your talking about! until you read it front to back you should keep your ignorance to yourself

then you stated:

i dont believe in neither but i be damned someone stereotype something they know nothing about! kinda like moonman111

Well WTF sir??? whats the point in defending Satan if you DON'T believe him/it in the first place??? YES we get it, you hate "religion"/Christians whatever. BUT at NO point are you justified in making the snide-ass comments you have thus far ESPECIALLY without even believing in your original claims!!! TROLL MUCH?!?!? Again, go listen to your death metal, and think you're cool.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
awww what did you guys have to go and tell OP the truth about satanism and about the satanic bible for? I quite like it when people fear us, rightly or wrongly.

satanism=elitism and OP belongs with the herd. please dont enlighten him/her.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
well, if you must know: you mortals are the most evil, devious being i have ever encounter. most of you are so evil, I (the anti-christ) would bow and worship you for fear of your vile motives. when it comes to evil, disgusting, most deceitful, scandalous, annihilation worthy entities in the universe, you mortals are at the top. second to none by FAR.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

again you still didnt quote me stating that i'm a satanist and AGAIN this is a discussion forum i took one side and went with it whether i'am for it or not this discussion is about satanism being evil i figured there would be alot of bible thumpers in here stereotyping a topic that they know nothing about because as you have clearly pointed out owning a book (me owning the satanic bible) makes me satanist so they would never read it and try to understand that it makes as much sense as there holy bible maybe even more for example you should celebrate your birthday and take a day off for it why should you celebrate someone's birthday that you dont even know existed you know you exist you know when you were born why not celebrate being alive whether anyone celebrates it with you is your concern anyway i took the under dog and obviously you cant handle the fact that someone came in here and made the impact i did your prolly the op's other account!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Wookiep

again you still didnt quote me stating that i'm a satanist

I CLEARLY have stated you have been DEFENDING satan or rather "his bible" then LATER you clearly showed that you made this statement w/out *actually* believing it. Which leads me to one point without even HAVING to quote the rest of your last post. You are sick of Christians and whatever your mainstream sources have led you to believe what "GOD" is blah blah blah, like ATS doesn't have enough of that?? Okieee whatever floats your boat!! Who cares???? How about we take the topic_of_the_thread, and just "pretend" he didn't use the word "Satan". Would you be so bent then?? Can we get on topic yet??

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

i dont know where you been but i been here on topic..anyway instead of just pointing me out someone has called you out like you did me and i would like to see what kind of reply you got for him because i agree with what he said which i'm sure you will enlighten him he was off topic..and yes if it had been is there anything more "evil" then muslims i would have been in here to enlighten people about how we went over there and took advantage of saudia arabia for there oil and to put a military base there osama and the like dont hate us because were american they dont hate christians because there christian they hate that americans which most happen to be christian take advantage of there people for oil and land to put military bases there that shouldnt even be there and then tell saddam that they will turn there back if he invaded kuwait so that we could have an excuse to invade his country if i was a muslim from the middle east i would hate our gov. to!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by Wookiep

reply to post by Wookiep

I find your posts a bit disturbing. I can only assume your mind is completely shut out from anything beyond what one side of the story says. This is not a way to progressively think.

What about what I have said is disturbing?? We havent even been on topic yet... Thanks for telling me my mind is shut down from anything.. I encourage you to read this thread I created not even that long ago. It was quite the civil thread, and I think I was pretty open-minded.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am agnostic, I am if anything a practicing athiest but with my mind open to accept either highly evolved lifeforms that would appear godlike, or a actual cosmic intelligence...both forms not needing my worship in the same way that I would need the worship of a flea on a dog 4000 miles away.

Can you point out where I said anything indicating the fact that I'm close-minded? So the fact that I think an all_out_assault on the OP (who isn't me btw lol, I believe he's actually a very open-minded agnostic like yourself tho I've only had a few encounters with him in the past) from the very beginning about how "Satan isn't evil" strayed off-topc?

It is with my general detatchment from religions that allows me to look at it as a story..like reading battlestar galactica really. The ability to be completely neutral and see both sides of the argument.

well I don't recall ever disputing or trying to change your mind on that....

I do see in the story of God V Satan some basic principles.
God scorned man for attaining knowledge...satan encouraged man to gain knowledge.
When God is upset with man, he smites em, brings em to near extinction, etc...

This could lead to a looonnng discussion, but I actually agree here to a point, hell If *I* were God, this place would have been destroyed long ago.. However, w/o getting too invlolved this is pre-Christ. If the bible is a moot point, which I don't know one way or another as far as you are concerned, then it's not even worth the debate. If you think it's a fairy tale, then it's simply a matter of you think that, and I don't.

When Satan becomes upset with man, he does pretty much nothing, or tries to help them out by offering/educating in materialism

and how do you know this as fact?? Again, I don't wish to quote scripture, but have you ever heard of the angel of light?? Do you not think there is a reason everyone thinks that Satan is their friend? Do you think (if he exsisted) that he would just pop up and say " HI I'M SATAN!!" Or do you think he'd be quite smarter than that??I don't dispute that Satan is smart.

God gives you a body filled with primal desires and tells you to ignore them or be damned

And we are smart enough to cast that aside and say "Damn you God!" for that.. Perhaps he's pretty smart too, and maybe we don't actually know everything.

Satan tells you to acknowledge and embrace them and live for life verses for death

well of course!! Isn't that easier?? Again, I'm sure Satan would rather be your pal.

etc etc etc. God stands up and basically says "I am God, I am a good god, and those whom do not believe I am good and just will suffer and die in horrible ways forever"

Haha, well yes, it would seem from scripture that he is this way, until all that suffering went to Christ in the new testament. Now, I'm NOT PREACHING, and I'm not quoting scripture either. It's just a common thing that is either realized or not.

Satans response to this was....wtf...ya, I am going to start my own thing...good luck with that God.

Well of course... Again, Satan is everyones pal.....

You would probably be one to partake in satanic ways 1000 times before you did anything God deemed fine on a daily basis..from admiring beauty of people, fornication be it in the mind or in the physical, keep your own money, hoard resources, etc etc...and yet say that satan (father of materialism and pleasure) is evil in your mind. its at best hypocritical, but more due to simply willfull ignorance.

On this I'll admit you're right. That is because I am not God, nor is anyone else. Anyone who claims to be is fooling theselves. But again I'm not going to go too deep into this cuz of course it would seem like I'm "pushing" it on you.

Finally...heaven is so hard to get into if you actually read the bible and took it literally...that its filled with about 7 people so far...hell is where all your family, friends, loved ones, leaders, and..everyone else has gone or is going...seriously...read the bible, then attach the rules of the bible onto anyone, yourself included. guess where your going if "its all true".

No-one knows that for sure. IT WAS quoted as being the narrow way, but that doesn't mean its SO HARD to get into. No-one is to judge who gets in and out other than God.

Its a test meant to fail.

I think completely opposite. I think it's a test we are all ultimately meant to pass.

and finally...I wish to say, anyone with a deity religion, I deem mentally handicapped. It is a profound ignorance of the universe we live in and a exceptionally powerful shortcut to critical thinking...all deitys...God, Satan, Allah, Opera, etc...all are the absolute same as believing in the giant pepsi monster that gave us the great fizz of life and its bubbly wonder we live on..or just make up whatever insane chatter you can here. mentally amusing but incredibly dumb. use lessons from religion? sure...if the story of the mudmen discovering the lost floating city of the elven angels somehow brings forth a life lesson...then take that...chuckle at the story, but accept the wisdom behind it.

Your opinion. That's fine, but don't "deem" me mentally handicapped because I disagree with you. Those kind of statements are EXACTLY the kind of thing that heat this up like it already has become.

Maybe when you get a chance you can check my thoughts on "religion" as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

have you ever noticed that you contradict yourself you start out claiming that you dont believe in either satan or god and that your either a self proclaimed atheist or agnostic yourself but then after that you start talking like a bible thumper proclaiming that satan is the "friend" do you watch south park? you know them episodes where they have missionary christians either hunting down the aliens all the way to there homeworld to shove god down there throat like they have down for years in real life or when they go to the rain forests to do the samething and at the end of the episode or during it there is always a message or lesson to wake them people up but they blindly miss it and act as if it never happened and they continue there life all perky and happy because there to ignorant to accept there wrong! well thats you your blind to anything that could open your eyes and get you to question things for your own good and to come out of the shelter you live in and see the light and the world!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

after that you start talking like a bible thumper proclaiming that satan is the "friend" do you watch south park?

you clearly don't know what a "bible thumper" is do you?? have you heard me quote even ONE scripture??? Don't get all huffy just because you disagree with me. You havent quoted any passages from Satans bible either so would it be fair for me to call you a "Satan thumper"? Get over yourself. Learn to agree to dis-agree.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

you already called me a satanist so in a way yes..yes you have!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Evil is a false construct.

It's a story told to scare children and stupid adults.

Satanism isn't real.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

lol you brought that on yourself in all fairness. I didn't quote scripture but can admit I believe in the bible. You clearly came on this thread pouding the fact that the OP knew "nothing" about Satan and how he was so mis-understood etc etc..therefore is it REALLY so far-fetched for me to go ahead and beieve you are a Satanist?? You sure like to talk about it.... If you aren't my apologies, however?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

to say satanism isnt real would be like me saying christianity isnt real to believe in god you have to believe in satan to believe in satan you have to believe in god you cant believe in god and not satan they both come hand in hand now you can worship god and not satan or vice versa

[edit on 20-1-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Just out of curiosity, is there a more evil "-ism" than Satanism?

christian clergy

not only do they know that what they do is against god's will, but they do it in god's name.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

no i just add another side of discussion like a devil's advocate without actually being one! whats wrong with someone coming in here and using this forum for which it was intended to discuss i didnt know you wanted a one sided arguement in here if that was the case you should of titled it anyone opposing not welcome! and as for claiming he didnt know what he was talking or you ya dont until you sit down and read from fron to back or atleast half of it you dont that would be like me running my mouth about hinduism when i never even read there bible if they have one now how ignorant would that be?!?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Yeah, but you're talking about BELIEF.

My kids believe in Santa. Is he real?

No more than Satan.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

and no more then god or jesus!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

whats wrong with someone coming in here and using this forum for which it was intended to

Absolutely nothing! However for 3 pages now, we've been discussing your opening off-topic statement. You trolled the Op and that lead to this. Neither one of us has even attempted to take a stab at the actual question in the OP since you are so offended he used "satan" as a metaphor for evil! For this, we are both guilty. Funny... The post above your last one is the *only* one that has actually answered the question.

Soooooo to stay on topic, my answer is.... I think Humans can be even more evil than even Satan himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join