It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wazthewazzock
Anyway,
Anything more evil than satanism?
OREOS! Those things have ruined my life.
Oh and Sarah palin and anyone thats ever been in power.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by wazthewazzock]

If Oreos are evil than I am full of more evil than anyone else here

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SneuxCorten
reply to post by Wookiep

If you were referring to me I am not pro-satan nor anti or pro any religion I try to judge them all equally free of personal bias.

K, not saying I was referring to you, but the topic is "Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?" not does SneuxCorten read the Satanic bible and is he anti-pro religion??

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by SneuxCorten
reply to post by Wookiep

If you were referring to me I am not pro-satan nor anti or pro any religion I try to judge them all equally free of personal bias.

K, not saying I was referring to you, but the topic is "Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?" not does SneuxCorten read the Satanic bible and is he anti-pro religion??

Ack sorry hahaha I guess your post was just to well placed and timed hehehe

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

REALLY?? what ARE you going on about?? Are you mad that I brought up the fact that certain people chose to justify the Satanic bible in this thread as a means to stay on topic??? Freakin fabulous, then start your own thread!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

no what are you talking about? really!?! because the ope claims that satanism is evil and this is forum based on discussion and i made a claim to read a book before forming an opinion because it is better to educate yourself before making the opinion and then you come in here claiming that i was off topic when i was right on topic maybe you forgot what this forum was about maybe you forgot what the title was idk? but i'm not mad as this is a debate..i have no religion and want no religion as people in a religion tend to think there # dont stink and everyone else is wrong and dont want to listen to reason and are usually not every educated because when a fact is thrown up like the evils christianity has caused in the world such as wanting to keep people ignorant and afraid referring to the dark ages and then coming over here and proclaiming that native americans are posessed by demons and the devil and we should take the bible and shove it down there throat so they dont burn in eternal flame people tend to turn deaf ear to it so i say take your religion and keep it to yourself its jus as evil as any other religion out there maybe worse seeing as how muslims which people view as terrorists have never cause so much damage!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

because the ope claims that satanism is evil

LOL WHAT?? ok fine. If you are seriously claiming that Satanism isn't EVIL Then good luck with that.
I don't even need to read the rest of your post. If you claim Satan isn't evil then why don't you claim what IS? If you claim *it* doesn't exsist, then take a look at the world around you, sir. Sounds to me like you are an anti-"religious" (hate that word CHECK OUT MY THREAD SOMETIME) zealot who just wants to troll in light of your super-cool Satanic beliefs.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Oh it's ON dude!!

Sorry...Satan made me stray off topic!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Who said Satanism is Evil? They all are just words made by humans for self gratification.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

you got owned and you know it! no replies to you! maybe you should go back and re-read through the thread! you obviously are lost blind and deaf so nevermind the latter because you will never understand what has just happened you came in here thinking you had something to say when infact you said nothing your whole thing about satanism aint evil tells me everything i need to know...IT DOES TELL ME EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW it tells me you dont know what satanism is!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

From what I hear Satanists believe Satan or Lucifer is actually the good one and God is an evil tyrant. I assume they see Lucifer as a righteous rebellious figure while Christianity paints him as the ultimate enemy. The story of Lucifer reminds me of chaos and individuality and also, of course, hubris and the fall that comes with believing oneself above God. God is order and equality, and so they play a sort of yin yang.

In no way would I say Satanists are evil, though admittedly I haven't met any. I imagine they believe they are the ones who are good. It depends on your point of view really... If you think Lucifer was right and they should have eaten the apple to gain knowledge (or if you think God was a bumbling fool for planting the tree in the first place) you might have a different out look on things, that doesn't make you evil...

If they were evil wouldn't they be out raising hell, stabbing everyone they meet and breaking laws constantly?

Something more evil than Satanism = Religious Extremism. The greatest sins man has committed have been in the name of one god or another. I think all these beliefs are sort of absurd, while I appreciate the literary characterizations of both Satan and God I wouldn't really go out of my way to serve and worship a literary character for which there is no evidence they exist.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

IT DOES TELL ME EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW it tells me you dont know what satanism is!!!!!

LOL, thats hilliarious!! Omg, cuz I don't know what Satanism is, I'm so ignorant!! Sorry I'm not a cool Satanist like metalholic! I care less about what you and your buddies think of people who decide not to follow your uber-cool friend/master Satan!! cuz he's a cool guy!!! Just mis-understood!! LMAO.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Satanic religion as exists in todays society, with the satanic bible by Levay, could loosely be changed to: "The bible of self accountability and materialism...and some rituals to poke fun at other religions" and be more accurate.
People whom think the satanic bible = evil are going strictly by what their own religion has deemed it...

As far as proper evil cults...well, you really need to define the criteria of what evil is to begin with. History is littered with death cults and other such paganistic lesser diety worships that if hit with a checklist would appear evil to a outsider.

Aztecs had tons of death gods and plague deitys, etc...along with every other major paganistic religion...some were neutral, some were sinister. lord of the dead may be fine (after all, everything dies, nice to have a shepard tending the flock when that happens), but the lord of death is obviously different than the lord of murder.

anyhow, www.godchecker.com... is a good place to poke around in...find out some quick facts about most any ancient or modern mythos you would care to find out.

Final note.
Judge a tree by the fruit it bears. Satanism is a religion, so is Christianity...how much chaos and death has the christian religion caused, how much has satanism caused...which one therefore is the truely evil religion (wolf in sheeps clothing)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

i dont believe in neither but i be damned someone stereotype something they know nothing about! kinda like moonman111 over there in the alien forums trying to say that all aliens are bad and # ok if they were wouldnt they have taken us over by now? just because there are some bad reports if you can call them that because on the matter of religion its a matter of perspective what might be evil to an abductee might no be to an alien so therefore the same can be applied to satan and god! but with this said more people and lives have been ruined in the name of god then in the name of satan and lets say they do exist god wanted you dumb and naked running around in the woods the devil wanted you to be smart enough to make your own decisions satanism teaches to enlighten oneself to be educated chritianity has always wanted you to be ignorant and afraid! but i believe in neither but am not afraid to step into a religious debate and show them christians how much there # dont stink!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

i dont believe in neither but i be damned someone stereotype something they know nothing about! kinda like moonman111 over there in the alien forums trying to say that all aliens are bad and # ok if they were wouldnt they have taken us over by now

lol you believe in NEITHER yet get on here and defend Satan like he/it deserves some kind of praise for the Satanic book that_you_don't_believe_in??? I respected you more (and that was little to none) as a "Satanist", now you are just proving to be a total troll. Go play your death-metal and keep trying to be cool.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think "evil" and or "good" are terms that are only relative to the person using it as each person may have his or her own definition and belief of what "Evil" and "good" truly is. I think most people who view evil or good base it on a sociological norm and not on a personal level. Since we are here to discuss if Satanism is "evil" in the sense of opposite of "good" I find that the argument is invalid and you must ask yourself what is "Evil" and what is "Good"

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SneuxCorten

I'll second that!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Ah yes, I think I remember a few of Moonman's threads.

I think themes of Enlightenment run in both Christianity and Satanism and indeed in more religions. The Old Testament however paints a different picture of God. The New Testament is where the Enlightenment comes in. Jesus starts teaching people to look at the log in their own eye before they point out the speck in other people's eyes and to judge not.

All this fighting over religion needs to stop. Us humans can do better than this, I'm convinced, if we'd just learn to question some of the nutty stuff we believe. Invisible men in the sky, Easter Bunny, Nibiru, Satan, there's no evidence for any of them and thousands, if not millions, have lost their lives over illusions we created. Religions originally meant to bind humans together now threaten to tear us apart...

If there were a God, he'd probably tell us to stop with all the religion and examine what's really important. Stop fighting over what some old men wrote down in a book a thousand years ago and seek the truth for ourselves. What good is the "truth" if you never question it... about as good as any lie.

Sorry... went off on a tangent

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Very profound especially the last 2 paragraphs, it relates very well to what I think a supreme cosmic being would be like.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

no doubt we as a species should come together and be as one love thy neighbor as thy love thyself oh is that in the bible? man since i know what satanism is because i have it's bible then i'm a satanist? but now that i'm talking about somethin in the holy bible what does that make me? oh well that discussion with that guy is over now back to what we were talking about if we came together with peace love and harmony respect until disrespected the world would be a better place but i think we can not achieve this aslog as there are religion in the world because people judge people on what they believe the bible says not judge but people do it like that guy thats been houndin me on this thread he judged me as a satanist and listen to death metal which i dont really like that much and am not a satanist he dont even know me but would prolly say hes a christian hmm somethin not addin up! anyway because of this human flaw to judge things like money and religion just amplify it and in order to become the civilization that we need to be we need to learn from our ancient cultures like the native americans! live off the land the land belongs to nobody because it is everybody's!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

oh well that discussion with that guy is over

Apparently not since you can't speak_to_me_directly. awwwww poor you.
and don't even attempt at talking about being some kind of believer of the "bible" cuz if you want to go there, I will. Question is, what bible do you speak of?? Listen, I don't care what you believe, that is your choice!! Don't get on here and act all high and mighty (the very thing you hate, and don't make me quote you) with your satanic ramblings, that now suddenly, you_don't_believe_in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join