It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

yeah there ya go good point no one no matter what religion should blanket that religion with what that person done nor use it as a cop out! exactly!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

i do to but blanketing satanism as evil is gonna cause me to show someone how that can be turned around as someone else posted earlier how do u know christians are right and satanists are wrong maybe god is actually satan and vice versa which i think was a good point considering i would never consider anyone outside of myself to even think outside the box this way as most peole i know live inside the box that the media and gov. and religion stores them in

blanketing any religion is wrong and again like i posted on another page i said to bad mouth a religion without researching it first is like me bad mouthing hinuism when i aint never read there bible if they got one and oh did i mention that i also pointed out i hate sterotyping! yeah them posts u made saying i never made and real points there ya go ya didnt read and if you did it was with closed eyes OPEN YOUR THIRD EYE!

For the sake of ending this discussion i will just agree to disagree with your last point. To be honest you have been posting non stop on this thread for a while so i just skipped to the latter arguments and found things i did not like as i thought you were attacking unknowingly or with a sense of "i'm right, you're wrong" pit bull mentality.

Do you think no Christian has ever thought that perhaps God IS Satan, or something along those lines? No, most definitely not. I have thought about this, but when it comes down to reading things about God and then comparing them to the things i read about Satan (using Satanists own references) i see a distinct difference between the two and to be honest, Satan sounds like a jealous, proud little fella who cannot see the forrest from the trees nor smell the # on his knees.

That's enough from me.

Id still like to see the pages of references you refereed to earlier, that would be an interesting read no doubt.

As for me, i am going to bed.

Night

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to post by TarzanBeta

you got your idea i got mine though i do take into account what your saying but let me ask you this what makes you so sure you chose the right decision in life the way you were raised? family traditions? honestly like for example we both know about unleashed68 i read his b/s the same as you do and he does make good points from time to time if you havent seen them you let your traditional beliefs get in the way i'm not heralding him one bit mind you but somethings are to be regarded but what makes him any more rubbish then the bible for the sake of argument?

No, i was brought up a Catholic - not a christian.

I made the right decision, because the teachings that were from Jesus lead me to live a good and honest life and effect those around me in a positive and resounding manner. If i was to act contrary to the teachings of Christ (to oppose Christ is to aline oneself with Lucifer - so says the Good book) i would be hurting those around me.

Constantly doing things for your own ends will only get you so far. The results, hollow. You will end up alone. There are no doubts, i have observed people who act contrary to what i believe and the results are always Negative. Sad. Honestly. Very sad.

Doing things for others is where i am truly happy. Making people happy, instead of sad or hurt or betrayed.

The teachings of Christ make me a better person that i was previous without them.

That's the simple answer for your question.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

yeah that one thing you said there reminded me of a marilyn manson song he says something like that i think its beautiful people!

but like i said i do like the real christians! i just dont chose to follow there beliefs i think staying free of religion is a better choice but depending on who you are it could be the best some people need it are made for it and others arent!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

you got your idea i got mine though i do take into account what your saying but let me ask you this what makes you so sure you chose the right decision in life the way you were raised? family traditions? honestly like for example we both know about unleashed68 i read his b/s the same as you do and he does make good points from time to time if you havent seen them you let your traditional beliefs get in the way i'm not heralding him one bit mind you but somethings are to be regarded but what makes him any more rubbish then the bible for the sake of argument?

No. If the way I was raised and my family traditions were to continue to be a force in my life, I would be just like Unleashed68.

But I am saved. I am not tortured. I am blessed. I follow wisdom because I do good because I WANT TO DO GOOD. I don't do it as a divine message or as some job. I believe in goodness and good should be done. I deserve no reward, I expect no reward -- No, not even the prospect of going to Heaven or Hell gets in the way of what should be done. I no longer have any mind of whether I get to go to Heaven or Hell or live on a paradise earth, or whatever else you can think. I ENJOY JOY!

However, I do need saving. I do want to be with the Lord. However, this is not the only reason I do what I do. It is no longer self-preservation as it started. In fact, I think the true test for most Christians is to transcend the barrier of self-preservation(especially since so many self-proclaimed Christians are absorbed by means of fear of death and eternal separation from our Creator).

I have read Unleashed68's threads. I will not fall into the trap of making any judgments on any of that.

We are all destined to perish... it's a pointless thought. From the moment we were born into this physical realm and from the moment we sinned, we were set to perish.

God's message is deeper and greater. Jesus' message is that we can all be with Him.

I am the only Christian in my family tree.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

wasnt a trap trust me i dont hang on every word i'm not a supporter of that b/s like i may have come off there you never seen me in there raising hell i left that up to you! and like i replied to feralmonkey

i'm a free spirit i'm free of religion and i like it that way i feel that for now its the best way to be in my life some people religion is the best choice maybe the only choice or they are just made for it

i think that all to often to much judgement is passed on the nature of someones beliefs i dont condemn anyone for what they want to believe witht that being said i will make this point me and you have the same flaws and i will not doubt that we will get into another big debate on here down the road and yes with heated topic my blood gets goin and like you said to monkey your head gets all hay wire therefore you cant post as accurate as you would like

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

I didn't mean to imply that -you- were trying to trap me. But I could feel that if I did attempt any judgments on the things that Unleashed68 was saying that I would make myself look like a fool for now.

It is my goal to not become heated in debates.

When God wants you, He'll call you. There will be -no- mistaking it.

Remember this, though. It has begun.

Enjoy, metalholic.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

You said...

Do you think no Christian has ever thought that perhaps God IS Satan, or something along those lines? No, most definitely not. I have thought about this, but when it comes down to reading things about God and then comparing them to the things i read about Satan (using Satanists own references) i see a distinct difference between the two and to be honest, Satan sounds like a jealous, proud little fella who cannot see the forrest from the trees nor smell the # on his knees.

Here is the rub though that most dont see or refuse to acknowledge. When they do acknowledge it...they do so with excuses.

God claimed to be of a jealous nature in the OT. It seems that you have determined jealousy is of an Earthly nature. Why then dont your red flags go off with the image of God in the OT when Thee was jealous?

This happens all the time...satan this and satan that...but God can be allowed to do it all...even kill and have men kill for him. It makes no freaking sense.

If one is supposed to know the fruit from the tree...it looks like this satan and this OT god image fell from the same one.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

i like this..like 2 pittbulls in a fighting ring we go at it like we been fed gun powder!

enjoy the peacefullness until then!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

You said...

Here is the rub though that most dont see or refuse to acknowledge. When they do acknowledge it...they do so with excuses.

God claimed to be of a jealous nature in the OT. It seems that you have determined jealousy is of an Earthly nature. Why then dont your red flags go off with the image of God in the OT when Thee was jealous?

This happens all the time...satan this and satan that...but God can be allowed to do it all...even kill and have men kill for him. It makes no freaking sense.

If one is supposed to know the fruit from the tree...it looks like this satan and this OT god image fell from the same one.

God wants to save humans for eternity, not physically.
Satan wants all humans to be separated from God as he is.

This is the difference between Good and Evil.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So are you saying there is such a thing as 'good' jealousy?

What Im saying is your not discerning between the two natures...one of Earth and one of Spirit.

We are here to learn about our deepest self. We are here to work on taking on spiritual attributes while here in the lands that tempt us and the bodies that tempt us.

Love is not jealous. Love is understanding. Humans have had to walk many paths to get us where we are today. The path of trying to worship Earthly things was needed...the path of worshiping humans as God was needed...the path that is not is just as important as the path that is. The darkness points to the light in many cases. Many events offer us two different natures....depending on what nature we chose to learn from is a marker for us of what we have learned and what we still need to learn.

My point was you talked of Jealousy as if it was a bad thing...and tied this to Satan. But the OT God claims to have attributes of jealousy...so I ask you, how do you determine they are two different things?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I personally believe Satanism and the Catholic church go hand in hand as far as evil is concerned. Most religions are about attaining wealth and power for those at the top, but for its practice of murder and deceit to attain both, the Catholic Church has them all beat hands down. During the few hundred years of the Inquisition, millions of Catholics were murdered and their properties confiscated, after being accused of and put on trial for trumped up charges of heresy. Because of the particularly horrendous forms of tortures used to extract confessions of guilt, most of those unfortunates were found guilty, and executed. Most of those found not guilty died as a result of torture anyway, and their properties quickly scooped up by the church. The Jesuits have always involved themselves in any civil wars taking place in third world countries, and were heavily involved with the Nazis, before and during the Second World War. Sodomy involving priests and young boys is a practice that I'm sure is more common than most folk realize, and no doubt many more families have been paid for their silence, than the numbers that make the media. They encourage even the poorest of predominantly Catholic countries, to keep producing more children, having put a ban on birth control. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the Sabath has to be held on the first day of the week, which is Sunday. God ordered the Sabath to be held on the seventh day, and holding it on Sundays is in direct disobedience of His command.
I don't have much use for any form of organized religion, and I believe that a person's relationship with God is one that is personal, and I don't have to prove my beliefs to anyone. My 'church' is the beauty I see in nature, just as Satan's is all that is evil and sick.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So are you saying there is such a thing as 'good' jealousy?

What Im saying is your not discerning between the two natures...one of Earth and one of Spirit.

We are here to learn about our deepest self. We are here to work on taking on spiritual attributes while here in the lands that tempt us and the bodies that tempt us.

Love is not jealous. Love is understanding. Humans have had to walk many paths to get us where we are today. The path of trying to worship Earthly things was needed...the path of worshiping humans as God was needed...the path that is not is just as important as the path that is. The darkness points to the light in many cases. Many events offer us two different natures....depending on what nature we chose to learn from is a marker for us of what we have learned and what we still need to learn.

My point was you talked of Jealousy as if it was a bad thing...and tied this to Satan. But the OT God claims to have attributes of jealousy...so I ask you, how do you determine they are two different things?

The jealousy is not the same.

God's jealousy was that He created us, He loves us, He gave us everything and yet we still throw it in his face to follow someone who wants nothing but our destruction right beside him(Satan).

Satan's jealousy is that of pointless things. Jealousy over a girl, jealousy over a car, jealousy over money, jealousy over fame, jealousy over religion, jealousy over favorites, jealousy over power, jealousy over governments, cultures, healthcare...

God's jealousy, if it can be called that, is righteous.

If your child, one that you have loved and shaped for so long, decides to walk out the door giving you the finger every step of the way while walking out the door with your wallet and driving away in your car... and THEN finds another dad, a drug-dealer, does work for him and obeys him and writes you off until his new-dad shoots him in the foot... and then he comes back to you wanting and you love him and say, "It's okay, you dang jerk. Here's a bed and the fridge is open." THEN HE WAKES UP THE NEXT MORNING AND DOES IT AGAIN EVERYDAY...

How would you feel?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
metalholic, I just friended you because I agree with your arguements. however I think its time to give up this fight. there's no point in trying to teach/tell the people who dont want to know.

and unlike you, I admit I'm a satanist. and we just dont need any of the followers latching on. its about the individual so I respect your right to post, but dont give the goats anymore grain. let the thread die

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I dont stop loving my child for the things he knows not and for the things he still has to learn.

Nothing can compare to God, God is well knowing of this. God knows we learn through experiences. We must walk the path that is not so we have something to compare to the path that is.

God knows...that worshiping idols brings us nothing. God knows, in time, we will learn this. God is patient and allows us to learn what we need to. Gods nature does not lower itself to jealousy, as if something could actually be competition for what is Holy.

We humans have characteristics like lose of hope, anger, frustration....this are not attributes of the Spirit. There are many things here of Earth that man will use, thinking they are closer to God by using them. This doesnt anger God...for God see's these still have much to learn. You dont smite the one for what they know not.

The son that is running off and claiming a drug image for a father figure is living for his own Earthly desires. In this path, he is hurting another that does love him. The son will have to reap what he sowed....but if he comes back with a true heart...are you saying a loving parent would then deny him?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Plus...its not like humans can use their senses to SEE God. I think its natural for humans in the past to try to bond with Earthly objects in a worshiping way....in the end...the path offers nothing of growth...and if the person is discerning...they will see there is nothing of spirit within this path of worshiping things of Earth. There are things we must learn...through our own trial and errors, most of the time, we do use our sense to determine truths. Is this wrong? I dont think so. Do we learn from it? When ready to face it for what it was...then yes we learn from it.

Its not obvious God is here or is real even. I dont think God punishes people due to the lack of believe of something they cant see. I think its about our hearts...God knows our intentions and if they are good and true...I believe this is all that matters in the end.

Forgive those that do not know what they do.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Y'know, I'm pretty sure that you and I covered a lot of this on another thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

...and unlike you, I admit I'm a satanist. and we just dont need any of the followers latching on. its about the individual so I respect your right to post, but dont give the goats anymore grain. let the thread die

Agreed.
Shemhamforash good brother.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The son will have to reap what he sowed....but if he comes back with a true heart...are you saying a loving parent would then deny him?

Absolutely not.

I simply answered you as to your definition of God's jealousy.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Its not obvious God is here or is real even.

To you.

To me it is obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join