It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

what is your arguement that you cant read my paragraphs? that you have no proof with which to argue any of the statements i have made? because if so you would think you would have went out of your way to prove anything i said wrong which you have not your attacking my grammar is as bad as me calling your mind feeble so eye for an eye tooth for a tooth! i dont write or think to please anyone i dont go into topics with a narrow minded view at the topic at hand when someone points out satanism is evil though no being a believer i'm going to stand up and say chritianity is evil whose killed and ruined more lives through out history?

Btw - you are wrong about another thing - Christianity has never killed anyone, just the people that supposedly "follow" it. Christianity preaches peace and quality and empathy - not destruction.

You have an incredibly limited view as to religion and Christianity in specifics. I suggest you read the bible and perhaps then you will be better educated to make your suppositions as fact.

So far, you have given no proof as to anything - your sources would be no doubt BIASED .. i bet you are going to reference ZEITGEIST or Zacharia Sitchin, or David Icke at some point in future as your own "bible" of information. El Oh El - come on... what references do you have? post them, let's see this proof you have so much of?

Also, it's not me who is calling into question the Bibles legitimacy. It is you.

So, as with anyone trying to disprove something - the responsibility lay with you to demonstrate your point and prove your argument beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Attacking your grammar, as you like to put it, would be considered constructive criticism to some. As you are here attempting to make a point to any amount of readers, it is in your own best interest to better describe and paint the picture in the hope that you can demonstrate a point.

That is, if you want to be taken seriously.

Again, to clarify - you have not "proved" anything. You have given your supposition, which is GREAT! WOO HA! congratulations. But again, you have made no headway in your argument and the only thing you HAVE accomplished is taking this thread so far off course that i'd be surprised if it ever went on track again.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

but those who support satanism are obviously having a great time attacking everyone else.
We're not "supporting" anything...and we're not attacking...you just think we are attacking because we are "defending" satanism which MUST be evil, no doubt about it, any other perspective is 100% wrong, because I KNOW Satanism is this dark and evil cult with ill intentions...when you only believe that MUST be true because that's what has been scratched into your mind since birth...and it'd be absolutely pointless to try and do your own research and devise an individual understanding of the topic wouldn't it? We're are simply making unbiased analysis with open minds and without including any false, and irrational preconceptions.

[edit on 20/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

the bible was written to give humankind abunch of stories to adjust and follow for the better meant of there life maybe people at the time were getting out of hand to much excess of certain things and with the bible came the idea that people need to fall in line and respect one another its a guidline for people to make lives better or give hope and faith to people who have none and so forth but my whole point on the thread is why deem one religion as evil and why cant someone enter the thread and support the one being deemed evil obviously you need to go back and re read the thread because you making accusations that are out of this world what do you mean i make no point i make a point that christianity has done more wrong in the name of god then any satanist has in the name of satan! prove me wrong!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

actually no your wrong on my sources and for the record i'm not a tool but i enjoy tool lateralus is a helluva album!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

well i'm saying that she was wrote in the bible as a prostitute or whore right? its later been theorized that she wasnt in fact but a follower of jesus who some speculate was closer to him then any of the other apostles so if you apply to the mindset of that time how people thought mainly about women then it makes sense that the bible would depict a woman in a degrading way especially if someone were envious of her closeness with him...think about it even if your laughin jus one minute put some open mind to it!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

but those who support satanism are obviously having a great time attacking everyone else.
We're not "supporting" anything...and we're not attacking...you just think we are attacking because we are "defending" satanism which MUST be evil, no doubt about it, any other perspective is 100% wrong, because I KNOW Satanism is this dark and evil cult with ill intentions...when you only believe that MUST be true because that's what has been scratched into your mind since birth...and it'd be absolutely pointless to try and do your own research and devise an individual understanding of the topic wouldn't it? We're are simply making unbiased analysis with open minds and without including any false, and irrational preconceptions.

Oh of course! so because i come in with a different opinion than you i must be your enemy?

Back up - BOTH OF YOU - You have come in on your high horse saying this and that, then Metal has come in and made his assumptions based on this and that, to which any semi educated person can see you are PUSHING your bias onto others - so there is no room for "open mindedness" unless it agrees with how you are thinking.

I was reading this thread and saw a person who made sense to me, so i backed him up in his statements. That's not bad. Like i said before - He doesn't hunger for knowledge, just salvation. Then Metal gets his knickers in a twist and starts ranting about something COMPLETELY unrelated..

Again, avoiding the point that you both have taken this thread off course with your fervor for wanting to have an "even kilter" when none was needed. You both ASSUME i am attacking Satanists because of a supposition i made to support Tarzan.

Seriously.

Learn to back the fvck up. It will help with your perspective on things.

Or are you just going to start arguments with anyone who comes in here who doesn't say that satanism is OK and not what it's made out to be.. you know what.. in this entire thread, i haven't mentioned anything about satanists..

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

actually no your wrong on my sources and for the record i'm not a tool but i enjoy tool lateralus is a helluva album!

Tool is an awesome band - i'm glad that you finally made some sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

alright so lets throw everything to the side and discuss this what is your point? what point do you have? none of this other b/s lets discuss this like the intellectual beings we think we are!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

the bible was written to give humankind abunch of stories to adjust and follow for the better meant of there life maybe people at the time were getting out of hand to much excess of certain things and with the bible came the idea that people need to fall in line and respect one another its a guidline for people to make lives better or give hope and faith to people who have none and so forth but my whole point on the thread is why deem one religion as evil and why cant someone enter the thread and support the one being deemed evil obviously you need to go back and re read the thread because you making accusations that are out of this world what do you mean i make no point i make a point that christianity has done more wrong in the name of god then any satanist has in the name of satan! prove me wrong!

YOUR MASSIVE BLOCK POSTS ARE INCREDIBLY HARD TO READ/MAKE SENSE OF

Again, i have made no suppositions as to what a real satanist is or does - you have confused our argument with some one else you have been arguing with these past few pages... It happens when you counter EVERY SINGLE person who has a different opinion to the one you are ATTEMPTING to get across.

Post your references of the Bible being incorrect and false, seeing as though you seem to think everyone else who is a Christian is wrong, please provide the links so that the entire forum can decide on the legitimacy of your statements. That's all you need to do.

Your not understanding a basic idea here. Those who waged war in the name of God, who said they were Christians ARE AND WERE not - that is UNCHRISTIAN behavior and therefor makes them NOT CHRISTIAN - So stop trying to make a blanket statement about Christians because you ARE WRONG.

Who's to say that since Christianity became "in-lawed" that it has not had EVIL and SATANIC heads of state? Hm??? or are you totally blind to actions and prefer to categorise people by names???

Look mate, at least you like Tool (who were great at Big Day Out a few years back)

But aside from that, you are asking me for evidence that is in peoples actions and not necessarily written in history books.

Re-assess your views of what a true christian is, once you have done so, you will see how Christians have been alienated by those pretending to be one of them... Much like politicians who say they are there for the good of other, yet screw everyone over as soon as the opportunity arises.

No difference.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

so there is no room for "open mindedness" unless it agrees with how you are thinking.

You basically just took what I said, and reversed it, in a way that didn't make sense. I was not attacking you in the slightest, I was simply making my point and trying to explain where we are coming from.

you seem to be the one who needs to take a step back and actually try to look at what I'm saying. I was simply conveying my line of reasoning.

You both ASSUME i am attacking Satanists because of a supposition i made to support Tarzan.
I made no such claim, and don't think that, you were actually the one who stated we were attacking "everyone else"...as I said, I'm simply discussing my point of view, no attacks intended.

Or are you just going to start arguments with anyone who comes in here who doesn't say that satanism is OK and not what it's made out to be..
Again, I'll say, I'm not creating arguments to insult people, I'm simply trying to have a civilized discussion but you seem to get all angry whenever I'm trying to make a point, which is merely supporting my side of the argument, and assume I'm attacking people, when no such thing is true.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic
Interesting that you would pipe up with that. As being able to demonstrate a point is the key in debating.

I am not making fun of him, grammar in the English language is key to being understood - if he wishes to debate, i merely give an idea of how to better communicate.

Again, i made no point there aside from his grammar.

On a side note, I find it interesting that you would say that, because I agree wholly.
I'm noticing that there's been a huge increase on the amount of people who feel the same way.
I wrote a, in my opinion, fairly concise and well thought out thread about it that a certain mod decided to kill with no real good reason.
Okay, I'm done...carry on...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

actually if you go 2 pages back you will see my gratitude towards TRUE christians i know what a real one is and as far as my posting after someone opposes with an opinion i'm only seeking there side of the story if you cant debate without attack then what can you do

i know some of my posts have a feel for attack like i've smelt blood and went for the kill not the case i just have a flaw that makes me very blunt straight forward with what i CLAIM to be the truth with no regard to someone elses emotions somethin i wil learn to get better at with age!

but like i said before i dont write or think to please anyone i dont think like everyone else i could care less about the popular opinion i like to think i have my own brain and damn it i'm gonna have my own opinion i dont believe in that david icke # so u got me all wrong there

but i do believe its possible that an alien race came to earth and created us in its image to many other religions say somewhat of the samethings as the bible but what people fail to do is realize that the "gods" or "god" could have been a celestial being from another solar system who can prove it wrong? you can prove it right before wrong but even then your still not going to be able to come to that conclusion 100% in the end if you wanna know the truth kill yourself or be patient and die down the road

i dont mind debating it dont bother me to hear other peoples views but when they totally ignore what i'm saying and try to tell me what there saying i'm gonna throw there own tactics back in there face!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

alright so lets throw everything to the side and discuss this what is your point? what point do you have? none of this other b/s lets discuss this like the intellectual beings we think we are!

My supposition is that organised religion has been to the detriment of human kind not long after the first who came after the originators realised they could make money and tell people what to do under the almighty banner of God. Which was to be enforced with BRUTE STRENGTH, not messages of peace and equality.

Jesus, never meant his religion to garner money or be used as a tool to dominate peoples lives or as an excuse to kill people.

I believe that what Jesus said (in the book that he wrote, which was withheld from the Bible) that you cannot find God in a building. You just have to look around you to see where and what God is.

I think that the "satanist" who follow most of what La Vey wrote, aren't really satanists, they are atheists - their rules for living aren't necessarily bad (aside from get everyone out of your way to get what you want). They do not believe in a Deity and do not believe that a God will judge them when they die. For me, this differentiates them, from those who would consider themselves "HK" satanists - or "Fundamentalist Satanists" - who believe in Satan as the father of all creation and bestower of life and power who is their Deity.

Categorising the different sects of Satanism would be empirical to this argument, as trying to blanket "satanists" would be taking out the obvious different sects of satanism. To which i am told there are several. However i do not know this to be fact.

Though - i have met the HK variety and also the lesser variety of "satanists" who believe in varying degrees what one or the other would.. much like a Catholic would interpret Christian teachings in varying ways.

I made my point earlier one when i said "religions don't kill people - people kill people".

I stand by that.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As far as religion goes, I believe that there are only two real truths (or facts...whatever):

You are born.
You die.

Anything that happens in between is perception and opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

so there is no room for "open mindedness" unless it agrees with how you are thinking.

You basically just took what I said, and reversed it, in a way that didn't make sense. I was not attacking you in the slightest, I was simply making my point and trying to explain where we are coming from.

you seem to be the one who needs to take a step back and actually try to look at what I'm saying. I was simply conveying my line of reasoning.

You both ASSUME i am attacking Satanists because of a supposition i made to support Tarzan.
I made no such claim, and don't think that, you were actually the one who stated we were attacking "everyone else"...as I said, I'm simply discussing my point of view, no attacks intended.

Or are you just going to start arguments with anyone who comes in here who doesn't say that satanism is OK and not what it's made out to be..
Again, I'll say, I'm not creating arguments to insult people, I'm simply trying to have a civilized discussion but you seem to get all angry whenever I'm trying to make a point, which is merely supporting my side of the argument, and assume I'm attacking people, when no such thing is true.

If what you say is honest then i apologise. It is late where i am and i have had a logn day at work - so i might have read anger where there might not have been any.

Might also be at the detriment of me constructing a well understood point i might add.

Please read my supposition below for a true sense of what i would have liked to have said, should i not have felt i was being drawn into pointless and circular debate.

Peace yall.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

well i'm saying that she was wrote in the bible as a prostitute or whore right? its later been theorized that she wasnt in fact but a follower of jesus who some speculate was closer to him then any of the other apostles so if you apply to the mindset of that time how people thought mainly about women then it makes sense that the bible would depict a woman in a degrading way especially if someone were envious of her closeness with him...think about it even if your laughin jus one minute put some open mind to it!

Is it degrading for a woman to have her place? It must be equally degrading for a man to have his place.

Trust me... the place in which the woman has been placed by God is a place with great hidden power. It is the greedy women and the foolish women that do not see it. It is the very evil who manipulate with it. IT is the loving who use it to enjoy. You got it. I'm talking about the word of a woman that is quiet - it means 1,000,000 times more than the words of a woman who never stops. The word of a quiet woman always begets the desired results. The words of one who never stops begets trouble all her days for everyone around her.

The same goes for a man, but the men are(were) already seen as strong. Therefore, what enigma is it for a man to say something profound? No, the men are weak. The men are weak because they know their place as head. Don't you see the purpose in it all?

Those who are brought down or "degraded", as you say, are those who become the strongest. The strongest characters have the hardest histories.

Do you honestly believe that the men wanted so badly to "bring down" this woman or any others? Well, it's possible. But the only thing they achieved was to add strength and character to the story. So, maybe you should ask yourself this -- was this the original intent of these men anyway... to add strength and character to the woman?

Remember the book you are reading.

Also remember that the people back then were physically, mentally, and if not spiritually more advanced than us. Their motives are certainly more intelligent than what we might perceive with our average reactions. And that's just taking into account HUMAN wisdom which is still straight foolishness in the mind of the Lord.

I think I could possibly have skipped all of this and asked, "Why don't you ask a quiet female Christian?" I will admit that my masculinity could interfere with the interpretation of God's wisdom.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

i do to but blanketing satanism as evil is gonna cause me to show someone how that can be turned around as someone else posted earlier how do u know christians are right and satanists are wrong maybe god is actually satan and vice versa which i think was a good point considering i would never consider anyone outside of myself to even think outside the box this way as most peole i know live inside the box that the media and gov. and religion stores them in

blanketing any religion is wrong and again like i posted on another page i said to bad mouth a religion without researching it first is like me bad mouthing hinuism when i aint never read there bible if they got one and oh did i mention that i also pointed out i hate sterotyping! yeah them posts u made saying i never made and real points there ya go ya didnt read and if you did it was with closed eyes OPEN YOUR THIRD EYE!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Further to that point - i see all to often crazies using a religious icon or belief as an excuse to a crime they committed.

Like "God" told me to do it, or "satan possessed me" - I really believe that people think they can get away with anything by asserting that a higher power informed them to do so.

This is a complete cop out for anyone that truly believes in that particular way of thinking and paints ANYONE who believes in that system of thought to be also crazy as they would "most likely" use the same argument should the time come when they might have to.

BAH!

Cannot blame Christianity for the wars.. just evil men - Nor can you blame Muslims, Satanists or anyone else for that matter.

Mankind must learn to take responsibility for their actions instead of passing the buck on to the high power.

BAH! Leaves a freaking bad taste in my mouth.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Relax.

It's all good.

You mean to say well, but you're like me. You get heated and the the brain goes haywire.

I know it's hard... I am worse than you.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

you got your idea i got mine though i do take into account what your saying but let me ask you this what makes you so sure you chose the right decision in life the way you were raised? family traditions? honestly like for example we both know about unleashed68 i read his b/s the same as you do and he does make good points from time to time if you havent seen them you let your traditional beliefs get in the way i'm not heralding him one bit mind you but somethings are to be regarded but what makes him any more rubbish then the bible for the sake of argument?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join