It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How about this.

I'll take Black Sabbath and Judas Priest over Disturbed any day.

( I can say this with conviction after seeing them all live.)

N.I.B and Painkiller

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The OP's question is essentially meaningless, since if you read the thread, it's clear that the conception he has of "Satanism" is that it's a religion of evil.

Thus, the question becomes, "Is there anything more evil than evil?" Well, of course not. (Perhaps some kind of case could be made for Nihilism...see Rev. 3:15-16 where being lukewarm is described as worse than hot or cold).

Satanism doesn't have the same conception of what Satan and God represent as Christianity does. If it did, all Satanists would have to be pretty stupid, as they'd be knowingly betting on a lame horse. Really, I'm not familiar with anyone, period, who literally believes the Christian Bible, but professes to side with "Satan". At the very least, you would have to believe in "God" and "Satan" as equals, with at least a 50% chance of "victory".

Now, it's certainly being pedantic to criticize a poster's minor grammatical errors when the overall message is clear and readable. This aside, punctuation exists and is used for good reasons. When your complete lack of punctuation and capitalization makes it impossible to tell where your sentences, phrases, and ideas begin and end, your writing is no longer comprehensible. If you have the time and energy to post dozens of half-page long messages in a forum, please do yourself and us the service of using some sort of marker to distinguish separate thoughts from one another. I'm not even asking for MLA style. Hit enter at the end of every sentence if that's easier than punctuation. You can even type STOP if your keyboard doesn't come equipped with a period.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I can think of one 'ism' that is more evil than all of the Satanic followers combined... Unchecked Capitalism!

I can hear it now... "But Jax, it's the American way!"

Well, the key word was 'unchecked'...

Can you tell me what is more evil than Big Tobacco, who has for DECADES sold a product that they knew was addictive and they knew would eventually kill most of their customers, but did it anyway, all for GREED???

Big Pharma is trying to kill us with drugs, all for $$$.

Big Oil is trying to keep us on fossil fuels and kill the planet, all for $$$.

Defense Contractors want war.

Fast Food wants to clog our arteries.

Etc. etc. etc... All for $$$$!

Unchecked Corporate Capitalism is the most evil entity that has ever existed in the history of mankind, and it will kill us all if we do nothing to stop it...

No Imaginary Lord of Hellfire needed for this Evil... All the product of man... Greedy, money grubbing man...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Oh I'm sure there are some pretty nasty cults out there that are out to take over the world if possible.
Think Cthulhu.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Enoch was actually in the bible but his writings are not. Genesis mentions him briefly, but than it mentions that God took him away. The reason he was left out was because of the canonization process. If it did not fit the agenda they kept it out.

I honestly believe that it was wrong of them to keep out these teachings. They intertwine with many stories of the bible. Remember, every person has an agenda. It could have been done for money or to keep people from reading a truly inspired word of God. I don't know.

Sorry had to re-read your post.

The bible is all you need to follow in the path of God. It teaches about morals and how to live your life. If you live a righteous you shouldn't worry yourself about fallen angels and such. But curiosity is our nature, so in the end we will try and find out why things happened.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

i think it should have been added aswell along with jubilees and the other books that were left out but i think they wanted to make it more plausible by leaving out what they thought were second rate stories or elements to it not saying thats the case but just a thought

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Equinox99

i think it should have been added aswell along with jubilees and the other books that were left out but i think they wanted to make it more plausible by leaving out what they thought were second rate stories or elements to it not saying thats the case but just a thought

I agree with you 100%. But that would defeat the purpose of you researching and exploring yourself. Imagine if everything was just handed to you, it would take all the fun out of it. I did not find these teachings until recently. When I found them it became more intriguing.

I think if it was in the bible I wouldn't have been as intrigued because they were already there.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
[edit on 20-1-2010 by metalholic]

yeah i agree would make history channel alot less entertaining thought i love that channel even without the religious debates

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Despite a number of interesting points being made in this thread, its really not what I intended to ask. This is doubtless my fault for not wording things correctly.

Things like political systems and organized religions can certainly act in more evilways than self-proclaimed satanists; I have no argument with that, but its irrelevant to the intentions behind my (poorly expressed) original questions.

Let me try again, using the concept of "antinominanism" rather than the more loaded term "evil."

Let's look at it this way.

1) Luciferians (as conventionally understood) see Lucifer as a hero of mankind and worthy of devotion in his own right. A symbol of freedom, perhaps. Similar to the Greek Myth of Promethius, who "fell from heaven" and shared technology (fire) with man. This has close parallells with the luciferian fall and the Watchers of the book of Enoch sharing technology with man.

2) Satanists (as conventionally understood -- there are overlaps with luciferianism and ideosynchratic gray areas) do not deny the more terrifying aspects of Satan, but they usually enter a "pact" or some sort of worship in return for PERSONAL POWER.

3) My question then becomes, are there any groups or philosophies that seek NEITHER devotion NOR personal power, but embrace evil for evil's sake? And please don't say politics, etc. While great evil arises from politics, organized "mainline" religions, etc., I am curious about specific cultic or religious doctrines that OPENLY and WITHOUT PRETENSE advocate "evil for evil's sake." This rules out mainline churches and well-known global religions, because they at least hide behind a facade of "do-gooderism." I am curious as to whether there is a group or philosophy that totally dispenses with such facades. I suppose it wouyld be similar to nihilism or chaos-ism, execpt these two philosophies are generally neutral in moral compass rather than explicitly antinomian.

I hope this clarifies my poorly worded intentions. If not, well, please feel free to carry on in whatever directions interest you.

[edit on 1/20/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It is clear that for answering that question it is important to know what a satanist is and does. And that is something I have an idea about.

Satanists, the kind of people who try to distroy everything that is from God and live their lives without the restrictions made by God. To distroy everything beautifull, good, innocent and the truth well calculated and on purpose and corrupting people to please their master, the devil.

I do not belief that a (real) satanist is the kind that is as mild, mellow and theatrical as Anton LeVay. Anton doesn't strike me as the kind that for example sacrifyces a baby.

I would like to mention that I think that satan...you know, this fallen angel, the devil, should be considered an extreme evil force.

A real satanist would be somebody with no compremises and would try to do his utmost to please his master. ....the destroyer of everything that has Gods approval. Therefore I assume that the serious and real follower of satan does exactly that.

I do not know Anton LaVey and can it well be that he was evil incarnated and do only a few know how he really practised his belief. Therefore I think the real acivities of satanists are not found in a published book or told in an interview.

Is the kind of evil that organise and convince people to hijack airplanes and fly them into crowded workspaces more evil than the evil from satanists? Or is this an other form of devil worship (money worship)?

Can you consider people who do these same things for no reason at all more evil? The people who actually enjoy doing these things for fun?
This kind of evil resides within the criminal insane and derailed psychopaths. Is this more evil than satanist or are these people just ill?

After assuming that (real)satanist are exactly what they say they are...I come to the conclusion that there is practically nothing more evil

[edit on 20-1-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

None that I know of. I would say some gangs go hand and hand with evil. If you research MS-13, you must kill someone in order to enter the gang. I would say it is a cult obsessed with money, sex, drugs and perversion of life. I personally don't know any group that outright says to murder, and such.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

look up salem witch craft burnings that has as much to do with satanism as your claim that satanism is about sacrificing babys! you might need to re-think your claim that was a very biased statement

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by zatara

look up salem witch craft burnings that has as much to do with satanism as your claim that satanism is about sacrificing babys! you might need to re-think your claim that was a very biased statement

Your claim is just as biased...worse....it can well be that you belief something that is not the truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hi OP,

Thanks for the thread.

In my opinion EVIL does not exist. It's a label. There is the folly of man. That which is evil to one, is justice to another.

If you ask me what is worse than a Sociopath? I would say a Sociopath that is also a Psychopath.

I guess that would almost make an Anarchist.

So to use your language an Anarchist is more evil than a Satanist.

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So far , Ziggys answer is the best I've found here. If there is such a thing as evil simply for the sake of it, Anarchy would be it.

A close second would the art of Necromancing. You don't need to lead or follow to practice it. You're on your own. To cross over to the other side to converse with the dead in order to gain knowlege and power when you can do that on this side just as well with the living, to me, is evil.

I believe that when you die, all that is inside you, knowlege,emotions, etc.... go with you until you find a new shell to reside in. So, for a living being to take from that for his/her own personal gain ,to me, is evil.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hi bud,

Confusing thread you've made, obviously by unintentionally so its Ok

Firstly, Satanism is not a religion nor is it Evil, it is a philosophy that teaches self empowerment, Respect to others, treat others as you would like to be treated yourself, almost naturism. Satanists do not worship any deity god in return for Personal empowerment. they don't worship FULL STOP. anything other is not satanism but is often labeled satanism....

Is there any group more evil? than an evil cult? Droogs in A clockwork orange? :-) they did some pretty evil things lol, I dunno

if your evil..then your evil, they all have potential, I don't know where this is going.

maybe you meant a cult that practices black magic to inflict harm or evil to others???
I'm not sure what that is......

anyway hope you find what your looking for

how about the Charles Manson "family"?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by TrentReznor]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Terrorism.

Terrorists, even though they align with religions or ideologies are in fact people who would find a reason to kill indiscriminately if none existed.

Terrorists tend to come mostly from places where the rule of law has broken down or no law exists to stop them. They are the same people we find in our prisons here where we control them through the law.

Terrorists brainwash their own children, kill their own, sacrifice others including their own children. I don't know how you get more evil than that.

I'm not talking about the adolescent version where immature, hormone driven, under 25 children run around calling themselves anarchists; while wearing Che T-Shirts not even realizing Che was himself a Mass Murderer and Terrorist. I mean the real thing.

What is more evil than strapping a bomb to your own child and sending them to blow up people who are just going about their day? What is more evil than blowing up an airplane full of people you don't know? What is more evil than hiding behind women and children while killing innocent people who did nothing to you?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

And bundling up nicely with that one would be two other 'evil' isms... Fanaticism and Fundamentalism (usually Religious in nature) seem to always be the precursor to Terrorism...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Yes, psychopaths exist in all groups. A Terrorist can spring from any group. Even Atheists.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Politics & Religion are just as evil if not more, they ask you to fight for their cause and persecute you if you speak against their agendas.

Wolfie

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join