It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, is there a more evil "-ism" than Satanism?

Satanism and Luciferianism seem vaguely defiend and there is a lot of overlap depending on who you talk to. Luciferians, for the most part, seem to see Lucifer as an empowering fugure, more like a kind of re-vamped Promethius who brings powers to humans that are supposeldy unfairly withheld by the higher real God. In this, while certianly twisted, they strike me as slightly less sinister than hardcore Satanists, who embrace their object of worship with the full-blown knowledge (i think) that they are entering a pact steeped with evil that will untimately lead to the harvesting of their souls.

But what about beyonf that? Is there an even more evil philosophy? For exmple, I can imagine (however twisted it may seem) a kind of nihilistic and hypotheric "evil-for-evil's sake" philosophy that would go beyond both Satanism and Luciferianism. The former two at least expect some kind of benefit (however rooted in misconception) from their dark devotions: power, money, sex, etc. But what about a hypothetical organization that believed in so such thing and just engaged in random acts of extreme evil and crtuelty simply for the for the raw, momentary sake of doing so, without any expectatim of reward and perhaps even the full, embraced knoweldge that they would fry in hell for all eternity.

Does any such philosophy exist? Because it dos, it strikes me as beyond both Luciferianism and Satanism in terms of raw depravity.

[edit on 1/20/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
To me Religion as a whole is evil. The only reason people fear Satanism is because they believe Satan is real. Satan is the best friend of the Christian church. He's kept it business for so many years. Fear is the root religion. If religion didn't preach about the evils of modern society. Then what's there to worship a God for?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
q. hmm how many people did Satanists killed?
a. non that I heard of.

q. how many people did Christians killed?
a. eehhmm you mean since yesterday?...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Okay...unfortunately, I'm doing this from my phone because I'm stuck at work right now.
However...when I get home later this morning, you, Mr. OP, and I are going to have a little sit down and I will attempt to suppress my rage enough to educate you and show you just how misinformed you are about a great many things.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it has any name or ideology beyond just being "evil" if
you're talking about those that profess no alliance to anything but seem to
have made "evil" their life's mission for just the "pleasure" of doing "evil"...
yeah, very scary folk!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
There is one thing that is a lot more evil than Satanism. You wanna know what it is?

SLIPKNAWT LOL

wen ur a tenager wif strugglz cos ur gf left u and ur in a uppa midle class family slipknawt can get u soooooo pumpt up dat u actualy becum da devil

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

sounds like you need to read anton lavey's satanic bible because you dont know what your talking about! until you read it front to back you should keep your ignorance to yourself i myself own it but i dont practice or believe in it but at the same time i'm not ignorant to it so yeah! just like i'm not ignorant to all the destruction and death christianity has brought on the world either and how many cultures of people they destroyed because they were IGNORANT to the world!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tim00

Satan is looking forward to the Grand Finale,when all his disillusioned followers meet the same fate that is destined for Him

Murders by true Christians? Unless it was in self-defense,I'd say probably very few.

Murders done "in the name of God"? Too many to count! Look at the Catholic church and the atrocities they committed,for starters.

Those who are evil just for the sake of evil? Tools for the devil,whether they know it or not. "You will know them by their fruits"....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Hey Maggot don't blame Slipknot for your OWN demonic behavior!
Otherwise.... rock on dude!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Is there anything more "evil" than Satanism?

YES
here are just a few:

• making war for profit
  • watching your neighbor starve when you have more than you need
  • the american prison system
  • fighting over the so-called promised land
  • gossiping - meddling in the affairs of others
  • instilling fear in others by any means
  • bombing abortion clinics
  • bigotry

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

alot more then that because satanism aint even evil!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

oh, right.. a "true christian".. a "the muslim".. a "true american" .. a "true jew".. a "true god".. a "true.. everything else"..
you better don't go that path, you'll get lost in the woods.. as many did before you

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Tim00]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If you mean Satanism as in LeVay Satanism I can tell you if you have an open mind and read the The Nine Satanic Statements and or The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth/The Nine Satanic Sins I find these people seem to be a lot more open and truthful then Christianity or most religions and the face Christianity paints of Satan(ism) is like something Hollywood would do.

(This is not a hate post as I respect all religions...I just respect some more than others.)

www.churchofsatan.com...

Go to enter the site and click Theory-Practices 6th button down(kinda ironic haha its the 6th
just noticed) and there you go...I think if you want to speak about Satanism bad or good you should know what you are talking about

I also laughed at the above posts about how many Satanist have killed compared to Christians.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
lol lots of "pro-Satan" people on here cuz they read the satanic bible!!..and people who don't like your thread cuz OMG he/it "doesnt exsist!" Lots of off-topic nonsense. I for one, like your thread sir.
Seems most are just too afraid to delve into it w/o saying satan doesn't exsist or throwing out some kind of... you_mis-understand_satan@! garbage.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyDawn

We should just totally not conform and listen to Disturbed in the same room as each other. We could like, have a demonic face off but I'd win 'cause I'm a dude.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Don't interrupt me, sir!! lol j/k crazy the timing tho here on ATS. I respond then I learn that like 6 seconds before I did, someone else pops up. Crazy frustrating.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

Originally posted by SmokeyDawn

We should just totally not conform and listen to Disturbed in the same room as each other. We could like, have a demonic face off but I'd win 'cause I'm a dude.

Unless he pulls out the chemical romance,
if he does your truelly screwed

Anyway,
Anything more evil than satanism?
OREOS! Those things have ruined my life.
Oh and Sarah palin and anyone thats ever been in power.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by wazthewazzock]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tim00
reply to post by On the Edge

oh, right.. a "true christian".. a "the muslim".. a "true american" .. a "true jew".. a "true god".. a "true.. everything else"..
you better don't go that path, you'll get lost in the woods.. as many did before you

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Tim00]

I know very well the path I am on,and it suits me just fine,thank you!

Everyone has to choose for themselves. I am not one to judge,but I believe God will.

We'll all find out who was right soon enough!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

If you were referring to me I am not pro-satan nor anti or pro any religion I try to judge them all equally free of personal bias.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

is the topic not about satanism? shouldnt someone who claims that something is something as the op claiming that satanism is bad or evil actually look into the topic at hand before making a claim? shouldnt he have read the satanic and discovered what it really is about before making a fool of himself and shouting ufo before taking the time to realize it's an airplane? seems your mad that alot of people have came in here with an open minded intelligence and your close minded butt couldnt handle it your the one off topic! your talking about everyone talking about satan when the title is about satanism being bad whats tha matta hmm? to many enlightened people in here for your still in the dark ages ass?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by metalholic]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join