It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
[edit on 16-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

So, let me see if I understand you correctly, Mr. "Wood." Because they are "uncivilized" that makes them less than human. Hmmmmm, interesting "logic."

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Science doesnt have to disprove gods. Religion has already disproven over 2000 of them. Yours is next.

^ the truth, read it and weep oh ye faithful.

I happen to know for a fact that God exists. I also know for a fact that demons exist. I have at various points in time worshipped both of them. Right now I am so fouled up spiritual wise that I may have seared my conscience and may have accidentally committed an unforgiveable sin, condemning me to eternal damnation. I'll find out on judgment day.

If I told you my proof though, I would have to admit to many things that I have done, which I do not want to do. I have done far worse things in my life than fleeing missionary duties.

I will say though that on May 27, 2008, my Bible study partner, who turned out to be a fake friend, told me what I had been praying about, what I had planned on doing, what I was thinking of doing wasn't the answer, and what God wanted me to do. No human knew these things about me. He told me that God had put it into his spirit. I have since learned from many many Christians that it had been a deceiving spirit, and that God would never do such a thing. The fake friend/former Bible study partner admitted to me February 25, 2009 that God would never do that. So, if deceiving spirits exist, that is even more evidence of God's existance.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I wish I could reach you moocow, you know meet me half way?

Ok, what you want me to do ? I've offered to become a christian on a trial basis here on ATS and even offered to diarize the whole affair, not a single christian took me up on it which was a shame.

You know you are as bad as me always judging Obama, you jump at every chance to judge Christians,

I don't judge xtians, they judge themselves I merely make observations and ask questions.

This forum is becoming one big orgy of hate,

I see no hating going on at the mom net, although I must admit I've received a lot of hate from xtians during my time here.

Do we ever stop to think of the people that read it?

Can't speak for anyone else but I do, that's the whole point of my typing.

Are we encouraging hatred, that could become dangerous?

Can't speak for you but I don't encourage hatred, perhaps the best advice is to turn the other cheeek

Always point the finger at this group or that group?

I don't point a finger, I take aim and fire, in self defense of course.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Well, you cannot temporarily become a Christian. Either you believe on Jesus as your Lord and Savior and follow Him or you don't. And God has to make you born again and seal you with the Holy Spirit in order to be saved.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There is a great deal of polarization on this topic. If we take the religious aspect out of it and just consider how best to solve the problems, it is apparent that we should remove all non-aid foreigners as soon as possible so as not to waste resources on them.
As some have already stated, this is not the time for wandering missionaries, it is the time for medical help, food and water, shelter, and police to protect the innocent from the criminal. Extraneous missionaries-at-large will only get in the way and should be removed, along with others not contributing to the immediate needs of the people. Established missionaries with churches and schools are staying, as they provide shelter, water, and aid in place and are part of the population.
On a personal note, a friend called from Port au Prince and said that people could be heard calling for help from beneath his feet as he walked through the city. With buildings collapsed, rubble is the new road and part of the road has entire famlies entrapped with no way of digging them out in time to save them.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

According to the CIA, the Haitians are into voodoo, Satanic rituals and cannabalism. Cannabalism is people eating people last I was taught.

You believe the CIA ?

Hey here's a conspiracy theory see what you think .

The CIA create a weapon that can cause earthquakes and they decide to go play with it - - - - - -

Her's a question, Is there anyone benefiting from the misery in Haiti ?

I don't know but I'm curious if anyone else does because normally when crap happens lie this there is normally someone on an earner.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That must be hard on your friend to hear. To hear people, dying, calling out for help with no way to help them is quite a helpless sensation.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Ok, what you want me to do ? I've offered to become a christian on a trial basis here on ATS and even offered to diarize the whole affair, not a single christian took me up on it which was a shame.

Did you really?

awwwwwwwwwwwww!!

No one took you up on it?

I will teach you,

Love
and
forgiveness,

That's all you need to know.

If we loved one another, there would be no sin, because love conquers all,

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,

I love you mooo!!!

[edit on 033131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well, you cannot temporarily become a Christian.

Who says so ?

Besides if I didn't like it I could quit, thousands do every day.

Either you believe on Jesus as your Lord and Savior and follow Him or you don't.

Ah yes I forgot about this believing without the need for evidence. Ok I'll believe it for a month, there you go problem solved.

And God has to make you born again and seal you with the Holy Spirit in order to be saved.

What the hell kind of nonsense is this ? If god is real and I have free will he won't be making me do anything.

Seal me with the holy spirit ? What the hell kind of magik is this your making it like harry potter, do I have to kill a chicken ? You can forget it if I have to kill a chicken.

When I watched some kids becoming xtians they didn't have to get involved in rites, as a matter of fact they weren't even asked or are you one of these "not real" christians trying to dupe me ?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes, it is hard on everyone. If the family of those trapped is aware of who is calling, it is especially difficult. The trapped are generally doomed.
There are few heavy machines available and travel is mainly by foot. Large concrete slabs are immovable by hand and some are still shifting. A would-be rescuer can easily become trapped or fatally injured. In this case a fatal injury may not be what is considered fatal in the rest of the world. A bad cut without antiseptic or anitbiotic or sutures can cause death, sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Did you really?

Yes

No one took you up on it?

No

I will teach you,

Ok what's in it for me

Love and forgiveness

I already love me and forgave myself a long time ago

That's all you need to know.

Christ I'm a christian now then ?

If we loved one another, there would be no sin, because love conquers all,

What the hell is this sin ?

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,

Well I don't exactly have any enemies that I can think of but if I did I don't think I'd be hating on them when I kicked their arse, getting all worked up is pretty damned stressful. I'm pretty good not having any emotion when I kick someones arse to save my own.

I love you mooo!!!

Hey, take your time, I don't know you and my house needs cleaning up.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

You are quite angry about your back.

I have a lot of unhealed health problems too. God doesn't heal everyone.

God doesnt heal anyone.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
I will say though that on May 27, 2008, my Bible study partner, who turned out to be a fake friend, told me what I had been praying about, what I had planned on doing, what I was thinking of doing wasn't the answer, and what God wanted me to do. No human knew these things about me. He told me that God had put it into his spirit. I have since learned from many many Christians that it had been a deceiving spirit, and that God would never do such a thing. The fake friend/former Bible study partner admitted to me February 25, 2009 that God would never do that. So, if deceiving spirits exist, that is even more evidence of God's existance.

How does anyone know what god would or wouldnt do?

You are being deceived alright. Its called xtianity.

Deceived by the partner, and then deceived by the rest.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

LOL, Moo, you are so ornery,

you start the topic, we can talk, if you are interested.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

He healed me from bowel adhesions. True story. I was told by a surgeon the only way to get rid of them was to cut them out, and it was incredibly risky surgery. I had e. coli, which caused them all throughout my abdominal cavity.

It would take a minute to tell all the details, which you may not be interested in, but I will say the church I ended up at was small, "down home," and the pastor and his wife, who prayed for my healing, were a doctor and a nurse!

I'd not been a member of that church and have only been there a handful of times in my life, but its connection to my family went back three generations.

Coincidence? Come on...

Also, my condition was diagnosed (after surviving the e. coli, and the surgeries to save me) as a lifetime disability. I was on pain meds, non-narcotic, for 9 long years. That's how long it took me to learn the truth about God, about my own skepticism, and find enough evidence that the Bible was reliable. That's when it finally happened. That was 5 years ago now, and I went back to work full time, waiting tables at a steakhouse with heavy plates and big trays. I became a trainer, and am currently helping my family renovate an old four-story house. I am not always as strong as I would like, but very productive. And no matter what, I do not have the pain, weakness, and muscle spasms around the surgical scars that I did before. I don't know what would happen if I got an MRI or CAT scan now, but there are records of the injuries on file at a major medical institution here in Birmingham (UAB). So....

Yes, He does still heal! Be glad! I have absolutely nothing to gain by lying to you or anyone else.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Once again, I see the thread has degenerated into people throwing pointless rubbish at each other. What a waste.

Well, in all honesty, I've only ever done so once or twice to bigger "non-Muslim" charities in the last few years. But then I stopped altogether after watching a programme on Channel 4 a while ago about possible corruption in charities like the Red Cross. So now I only ever donate to Muslim charities. And not any charity, but carefully selected ones that will help those that I want them to help. That is not to say that I don't donate to "non-Muslim" charities, since I do when I'm out and about, and see volunteers asking for money for whatever charity like Cancer Research or whatever, and will usually give them a little money.

In Islam, these "deceiving spirits" are called "Jinn". They are not to be trusted, and any "Psychic" or person that claims to talk to the dead is talking to a Jinn since the Jinn can take varying forms and shapes. They can pretend to be your dead mother or an alien from another planet. Check the following two sites for a little more info:

answers.yahoo.com...

www.free-minds.org...

In Islam, to be a true believer, one of the conditions is to believe in the Jinn since they are there as eternal enemies to us, and you cannot trust anything around you in the world. Pretty much don't take anything for granted. Some may be skeptical about Jinn, but after watching a few UFO videos, and comparing them with the qualities and actions of the Jinn makes you highly suspicious that they may be the same thing.

Either way, God knows best and I hope he guides the rest of us out of this prison that we have allowed ourselves to be trapped in in this world.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

It is apparent that the portion of my post earlier that you referred to as "a bunch of nothing" completely went over your head, my dear genius.

If you would care to read it again while still contemplating your "Jesus said to give up everything" theory while realizing that "Jesus made stuff", then maybe you will care to answer exactly why Jesus would make stuff, wear stuff, and eat stuff if He wanted us to give up, literally, everything. He wouldn't have survived his alleged 30+ years without sustenance and clothing.

Now, if you actually cared to understand that Jesus was telling people at that moment in time to give up everything for the purpose of their adventure, then maybe you'd be a bit wiser. But of course, someone who claims to be in the top 1% couldn't possibly just be using his fleshy forehead to attack people...

Is that adventure ended? Not wholly. I agree Jesus would definitely have no qualms with the strong of us to get together and walk and minister and give and heal and help in anyway we can! But as you can see, the human dimension of the kingdom of God has been made divided and weak by the likes of people like you, our leaders, and our history of lies. Knowing myself to be a true Christian that believes in God, in His power, in His intelligence, and in His works, I alternatively understand that this earth, this world, and the greatest portion of the human dimension of the kingdom of God belong to Satan. We are now made to HIDE. Even the churches who hear something who speaks the truth have leaders that say, "The devil has invaded the church." I know this from personal experience.

OF course, none of this really matters to you. My apologies, I should have been typing up puzzles and quizzes to keep that brain of yours in working order. Oh how nature has gifted you!

It's time to grow up, child.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I thought you were out of nothing after your last post but I was wrong, theres a bunch more.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

'last you were taught'

Yep, that sentence speaks volumes ... do you have any kind of proof for canabalistic practices in Haiti ... or a link to the CIA report you mention ?

Woody

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join