It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Jessicamsa

'last you were taught'

Yep, that sentence speaks volumes ... do you have any kind of proof for canabalistic practices in Haiti ... or a link to the CIA report you mention ?

Woody

She is probably referring to the CIA world fact book. Easy to find online.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

'last you were taught'

Yep, that sentence speaks volumes ... do you have any kind of proof for canabalistic practices in Haiti ... or a link to the CIA report you mention ?

Woody

Someone else posted it here somewhere on ATS. Don't recall where.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
reply to post by watcher73

He healed me from bowel adhesions. True story.

Bowel adhesions refer to scarring or tissue repair that occurs in the small intestines (small bowel), and sometimes in the large intestines (large bowel). They form as the first step in the healing process after any surgery, trauma, infection, or inflammation.

So he healed you from healing. Doesnt make sense, but ok.

I was told by a surgeon the only way to get rid of them was to cut them out, and it was incredibly risky surgery. I had e. coli, which caused them all throughout my abdominal cavity.

It would take a minute to tell all the details, which you may not be interested in, but I will say the church I ended up at was small, "down home," and the pastor and his wife, who prayed for my healing, were a doctor and a nurse!

I'd not been a member of that church and have only been there a handful of times in my life, but its connection to my family went back three generations.

Coincidence? Come on...

Did they massage your abdomen?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by woodwytch

So, let me see if I understand you correctly, Mr. "Wood." Because they are "uncivilized" that makes them less than human. Hmmmmm, interesting "logic."

[edit on 16-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 16-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

That's Ms Wood ... and I think you've got me mixed up with the person who actually stated they were 'uncivilized' (that most certainly WAS NOT me)... that would be the member who goes by the name of 'Jessicamsa'.

So in conclusion Mr SpeakerofTruth ... NO ... you do not understand me correctly at all ... but I accept the apology I know you will be offering ... accidents happen in long threads.

Woody

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't understand why most of you even care (or at least act like you do). If you were consistent with your belief in darwinian evolution, this is just natural selection, survival of the fittest... but that's a whole other debate.

The fact of the matter is, that Haiti has always been a garbage heap, and it speaks volumes about these missionaries that went over there to help PRIOR to the earthquake. They chose to help out in a place that many of you wouldn't be caught dead in, while you sit back, fight on the web, bash Christians, and lament about not living on Pandora. It would be nice if you who claim to care about the sufferings of others, would try and put to shame the Christians and build more schools, send more money, feed more people, adopt more children. However, you all will continue to lose in this competition because you only mobilize for a brief period following a major disaster, while Christians are doing it all year round (despite the insults from the ignorant do nothings).

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by moocowman

LOL, Moo, you are so ornery,

you start the topic, we can talk, if you are interested.

Wow that's one of the least most insulting insults I've ever been called .

So are you trying to imply I'm no longer a christian ?

Ho the hell am I going to write a book about that then ?

"My life as a chrsitian, chapter 1 I got saved, chapter 2 off to hell.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
I don't understand why most of you even care (or at least act like you do). If you were consistent with your belief in darwinian evolution, this is just natural selection, survival of the fittest... but that's a whole other debate.

Thanks for proving again the xtians have no idea what darwinian evolution is about.

The fact of the matter is, that Haiti has always been a garbage heap,

There is a thread here on ATS about how Haiti got the way it is. Maybe you should go read it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Can we really call them "Christian" missionaries if theyre so desperate to not help? Its like calling Pat Robertson "Christian". Is he really?

Instead of covering the few leaving, we should be noting the many who are already there, Franklin Graham and Samaritan's Purse, or on their way. There are people in Haiti doing great work and they are getting very little to no attention.

For your information, Pat Robertson ran a televised fundraiser for Haiti, and he did so before even Wyclef Jean had a chance to get his own up-and-running (He was right out there in the forefront as well, especially so because he is Haitian himself). It's funny in a way, because most of PR's critics haven't even lifted a finger to help the Haitian people in this crisis, while they somehow still think they have a right to criticize him over a remark he made (Which btw, many Christian Haitians actually see what he said as factual history of their Nation) *smh*.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Oh, this does make me ill.

My husband and I are biting our nails to find a way down there. We both have skills that could be extremely useful, but when a call was placed to Doctors w/out Borders, no one could be reached and no one called back.

So what to do?

Then, seeing this, I am reminded of the fear that still lurks in the human heart, and somehow has taken over the majority of willpower, courage, and duty that should overcome it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
While many on here seem to be looking for an excuse to criticize others and defame their faith, few take the time to search for the original article that started this pissing match. Not to be judgemental but this thread certainly makes this website look like a gathering place for escapees from the nut house.
The original CNN report is found HERE

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

You can defend Robertson if you want, but the people most affected by this disaster were Christians. The Vodoun practicioners were mostly outside the quakezone.

Its just like Robertson saying Katrina was due to gays. Gays were not affected like the poor and homeless in New Orleans. In fact the gays were quick to get back in and now have more influence than ever.

I used to like Robertson, but after learning about his connections with Charles Taylor I lost all respect for him.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Forgive my Christianity, Haiti needs to learn how to be less dependent and more self sufficient.
I don't blame the missionaries for bolting, they face the possibility of death, then they wouldn't be very good missionaries.
Pat Robertson is a loon, he is using this situation as a political boost. What a jerk.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sounds to me me like they were doing their best to help but then things took a turn for the worst, they feared for their lives, and wanted to get out to protect themselves.

Personally, I wouldn't go there to help until the National Guard were there to make sure that the helpers were safe. Without a police force there I can easily imagine the lawlessness that is going on there right now.

Those poor people need all the help they can get.

Pat Robertson needs to be taken off the air. Plain and simple.

Just my 2 cents. Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

There is one possibility that you should perhaps consider. That these Christians are not really permanently assigned missionaries.
I have done part time missionary work like Church building setup for missionary churches in other places. Most recently an American Indian Tribe in the northern US. So while in my church they call such trips "mission trips" the workers are considered missionaries but are not honored as full timers. I have a full time job and cannot be a permanent missionary, but I do part time work to assist those in the field. It is very possible that these are the people being referred to and they just have to get back to their jobs. Also as a side note. Some third world countries when they are in turmoil tend to kill outsiders. I spent some time in Jamaica right after an election. The losing side sometimes takes to the street and IF you are white you don't want to be out on the streets when the gangs start running around with machetes.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Actually, those who teach and preach the word of God are supposed to be paid for it, just like any other worker.

1st Timothy 5:17-18
17The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching. 18For the Scripture says, "Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages."

1st Corinthians 9:13-14
13Don't you know that those who work in the temple get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

And yes, we were commanded to give a tithe in following the practice of the Jews. To give up everything is what, really? To give up your life. How could a man serve God if he had absolutely nothing? How would he survive to preach the word? I would gladly give my life proclaiming the Gospel of Christ, for our life is the only thing we truly have. What does my property mean to me if I can not take them with me to the grave?

You have an idea that all Christians are these hypocrites that you have met throughout your life. Sadly, it seams you have never met a real disciple of Jesus (Yeshua) and have therefor never met Him. Hopefully you will someday, but with the way the world is today it had better be soon.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Jessica, do not fear having committed an unforgivable sin. To the best of my knowledge, the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Many have disputed what this actually is, but it seems to me that it is coming to the point in your life where right is wrong and wrong is right. It is unforgivable because you will never see the error of your ways and have no desire to correct them. It is not because God cannot forgive you, for we know that His arm is not short in that it cannot save, but he is able to save all people through His great power and mercy. It is simply because they would have no desire to be forgiven and call God "evil," when He is the only one who is actually GOOD.

God bless you and your search for His will in your life.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

Actually, those who teach and preach the word of God are supposed to be paid for it, just like any other worker.

The True giver of Light seeks nothing in return, he has no self to satisfy.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by moocowman

LOL, Moo, you are so ornery,

you start the topic, we can talk, if you are interested.

Wow that's one of the least most insulting insults I've ever been called .

So are you trying to imply I'm no longer a christian ?

Ho the hell am I going to write a book about that then ?

"My life as a chrsitian, chapter 1 I got saved, chapter 2 off to hell.

I wasn't implying anything, and I don't want to convert anyone.

Take a fire extinguisher with ya, LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JahKinG SouLJaH

So the true messenger of God has no stomach to fill? Even if I am grossly misunderstanding your statement, it doesn't make any sense at all. Many of the Old Testament Prophets required sustenance from the people they spoke to. Paul had a job where he earned money outside of his preaching, trying to set an example to the lay people not to be lazy as well as helping them get started as the church was small and poor. God is not impractical. God made us to need certain things, why would His servant need them any less?

Am I going to demand from somebody that they pay me simply because I shared the Gospel with them? No, that's just stupid really. But if a body of believers is expecting me tend to their needs upwards of 50 hours a week, I would have to be paid in order to live. I don't share the word expecting to be paid back later, my reward will be in Heaven. This I know.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Only the stomach of his brothers and sisters, by this he knows he is living in accordance to the Divine plan, in Harmony. This is his "pay" if you will, Unselfish Love. Truth has no price. The True giver of Light knows this and aims to free his brothers.
The one you call Jesus shed Light did he seek any-thing in return?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join