It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Many are did you read my post on page 5?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Real xtians would not go to work in their churches but instead give up everything to a Haitian and trade places.

It's what Jesus asks. You know, the Christ?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
They're humans too. They have the "will to live."

Missionaries convert people, not help them. Throughout history, missionaries have been some of the richest and dominating (as in slave owning) families.

They convert enough people to keep their jobs and receive Vatican protection.

NO I am afraid you are wrong, Christians do help people,

part of the grand commissions was feed the hungry and cloth the poor and many do.

In my area alone, yes I live in the hood, there are many soup kitchens and food pantries, two of the churches are now closed and only serve as food distribution centers.

I worked with those with drug and alcohol abuse problems, it was all given freely,

I have spent time IN CHURCH with Muslims who came for the healing services, and years ago was called into their homes for anointing water for healing, I don't get paid,

I have had close ties with Muslim women we sat side by side during church services praying together.

I have not been in church for a while, I think it is about time I return, and I am a odd Christian who has practiced Buddhism and I am a reiki practitioner,

WE are all different, please don't lump all Christians in the same category.

[edit on 113131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

WE are all different, please don't lump all Christians in the same category.

Youre all different in that you look differently, but youre mostly all the same in how you act.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Real xtians would not go to work in their churches but instead give up everything to a Haitian and trade places.

Everyone has a place.

I cannot walk because I am old and my spine is degenerated,
Some can give funds,
Some do paper work,
The strong can go into the devastated areas.

YOu see the tree has many branches.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by watcher73

Everyone has a place.

I cannot walk because I am old and my spine is degenerated,
Some can give funds,
Some do paper work,
The strong can go into the devastated areas.

YOu see the tree has many branches.

Well I can see the logic in that.

Unless Im pat robertson, then I can say god is just punishing you.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

And dont even start with the "well they arent true xtians" because youre all hypocrites and therefore none of you are true xtians.

I ask you why are you so angry?

Someone who was Christian must have hurt you?

The thing is people forget Christians
are, not,
Christ.

WE are just trying, like everybody else, heck I cuss like a sailor, there is nothing good about me, and I have a temper like the apostle Peter, and I don't have the patience of Job,

LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Watcher, what Robertson said was appalling, he would not consider me a Christian, I am to strange, lol

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yes, we are supposed to judge those inside the church. Since we haven't out of this false image of grace we have allowed all sorts of evil into the church. Those pedophiles you have spoken of should have been cat out of the church immediately, along with those who do all sorts of other evil things. We are not to judge in the sense of claiming to be better than another or declaring our own righteousness. We have no righteousness except that which comes from Christ our Lord.

How can you call me a hypocrite when you don't even know me or what I have done or am doing? You are awfully quick to judge. Not to puff myself up in my own eyes, but to answer your question, I have given up very much indeed. My younger brother is currently studying to be a pharmacist, and I had the same opportunity as we both did almost exactly the same academically. Instead, I decided to put myself into dept studying at a Christian college so that I could become a youth minister. I have done so, nd am currently serving the Lord in that capacity. If you include my benefits, I make about $11 dollars an hour. Real glamorous huh? It is actually, because I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything. I am getting by, because the Lord has provided. I have an amazing wife and a child on the way. I have been on mission trips and done all sorts or service for the community. Last year I tithed $3,000, not to mention all the money I poured into our youth events from my own funds, yet I am doing just fine.

If I am a hypocrite for doing these things and serving the Lord right where I am, I fail to see how. Please enlighten me.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I ask you why are you so angry?

Someone who was Christian must have hurt you?

The thing is people forget Christians
are, not,
Christ.

WE are just trying, like everybody else, heck I cuss like a sailor, there is nothing good about me, and I have a temper like the apostle Peter, and I don't have the patience of Job,

LOL

The only trying I see by most xtians is misinterpretation and excuse making. Very few are genuinely good people, and very few really try.

However, a xtian like you, I can possibly get along with. Even if you blindly follow a lie.

Why am I angry? Thats the million dollar question.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
When I saw this on the news, several times, it made me sick. Approximately 150 Christian Missionaries stranded at the airport with passports in hand trying to get out of Haiti.

As a Christian myself things like this really piss me off. I'm talking about posers, pretend Christian wannabees going on exotic vacations and calling it mission work, rather than helping the poor within ten miles of any church right here in the states. And then when an Earthquake actually hits, while they're right there, instead of actually doing ministerial work delivered to their doorstep by God himself - these pretend Christian wannabees turn tale and run.

Like I said, as a Christian this makes me sick and all I can say is to promise the non-Christian people out there that most Christians are not all hypocritical pretend pat me on the back for the good that I say I do frauds like these people.

I can see if someone needs to get children out of harms way to have one person take them back, but the others in the group could stay.

Of note these fake Christians should be contrasted against the real Christians like the Salvation Army and others who are mobilizing with all types of aid and have been from the beginning. Like I said, don't let the ones who run away and talk the talk cast doubt on the ones who stay and walk the walk.

There are hypocrites in every group but nobody is more offended by it then the ones in the group who are true.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by factbeforefiction]

I tend to agree with your take of going on elaboate vacation to help people while ignoring the folks down the street from you. But have you ever been to Haiti? I have. It's not a pleasant place under normal circumstances. In a disaster situation it's on the level of a countrywide riot. Your chastizing people for fleeing a country where there is no protection, gangs roaming the disaster area raping, murdering and looting without fear of reprisal. So you admonish these people for not wanting to die? I was uncomfortable down there with a substantial military presence. As a "Christian" you seem hyperjudgemental... You aren't looking at the facts of the situation. You don't like fake Christians. I don't like people who rush to judge others without having all of the information.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel
Yes, we are supposed to judge those inside the church. Since we haven't out of this false image of grace we have allowed all sorts of evil into the church. Those pedophiles you have spoken of should have been cat out of the church immediately, along with those who do all sorts of other evil things.

How can you call me a hypocrite when you don't even know me or what I have done or am doing? You are awfully quick to judge.

Simple observation. I dont have any specific examples of your hypocrisy yet, but keep typing.

Yes i am quick to judge. I am also no xtian, and dont call myself one.

Not to puff myself up in my own eyes, but to answer your question, I have given up very much indeed. My younger brother is currently studying to be a pharmacist, and I had the same opportunity as we both did almost exactly the same academically. Instead, I decided to put myself into dept studying at a Christian college so that I could become a youth minister. I have done so, nd am currently serving the Lord in that capacity. If you include my benefits, I make about $11 dollars an hour.

Well there we go. Jesus said to give up everything. Eleven dollars an hour is still something. And even though you dont think its much, how much is that to a person in Haiti?

Real glamorous huh? It is actually, because I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything. I am getting by, because the Lord has provided. I have an amazing wife and a child on the way. I have been on mission trips and done all sorts or service for the community. Last year I tithed $3,000, not to mention all the money I poured into our youth events from my own funds, yet I am doing just fine.

If I am a hypocrite for doing these things and serving the Lord right where I am, I fail to see how. Please enlighten me.

6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Like I said, keep typing.

Jesus did not get paid for what he did. I would hardly call what you do service to god. Missions are just service to church. Tithing is payment to church, Jesus did not say to give up 10%. Plainly he stated "everything". It's a pyramid scheme.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
I tend to agree with your take of going on elaboate vacation to help people while ignoring the folks down the street from you. But have you ever been to Haiti? I have. It's not a pleasant place under normal circumstances. In a disaster situation it's on the level of a countrywide riot. Your chastizing people for fleeing a country where there is no protection, gangs roaming the disaster area raping, murdering and looting without fear of reprisal. So you admonish these people for not wanting to die? I was uncomfortable down there with a substantial military presence.

If you are xtian I would say that you sound like you have an extreme lack of faith in your god.

But hey you can move mountains right?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Interesting, watcher, you don't know?

Try an experiment, go to a few churches, get involved, get to know the people,.

I am sure you would find one or two you like,

Even if you find them intolerable, you will learn something about ,

yourself,

Make it a personal journey.

Peace out,

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Your expectations of Christians, regardless of how many patient and sincere responses you receive, are limitless

Are your expectations of yourself equally limitless ?

All I've heard from you through this entire thread is ego and anger

and I'm tired of listening to you whine like a child

What are YOU doing, never mind anyone else

What are YOU doing, in the name of any god, for anyone at all ?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Interesting, watcher, you don't know?

Try an experiment, go to a few churches, get involved, get to know the people,.

I am sure you would find one or two you like,

Even if you find them intolerable, you will learn something about ,

yourself,

Make it a personal journey.

Peace out,

Nah I grew up going to catholic church and school. I attended various churches as a teen with friends.

False idols do not appeal to me.

Nor do false books.

Or false people.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Religion ain't nothing but spiritual supremacy.

I don't know why religious folks can't see the parallels.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Your expectations of Christians, regardless of how many patient and sincere responses you receive, are limitless

Are your expectations of yourself equally limitless ?

All I've heard from you through this entire thread is ego and anger

and I'm tired of listening to you whine like a child

What are YOU doing, never mind anyone else

What are YOU doing, in the name of any god, for anyone at all ?

I dont do anything in the name of a god that doesnt exist.

I dont call myself something and then go be everything but, thats for you and your bretheren.

Dont get angry when I point out how un-xtian the vast majority of you are.

And yes, my expectations of myself are far greater than god's of you.

Im tired of hearing you xtians whine when you arent xtian

Im tired of hearing you xtians whine when the hypocrisy of your books is brought into the light of truth.

Im tired of hearing xtians whine when the hypocrisy of their lives is brought into the light of truth.

You see, when I find hypocrisy in myself or my beliefs I change.

I dont make the excuses that you do.

If ego and anger are all youve heard then you havent been listening.

If youre tired of reading me then go away. I have every right, if not more, to be here.

If you truly "denied ignorance" you would have no religion.

You would understand what I have been saying if you had ever sought out the truth unconditionally. You have not. You undoubtedly never will.

Why am I angry? People who claim to know the light and the truth yet have never actually sought either.

You know nothing, other than the lies you oft repeat.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Science doesnt have to disprove gods. Religion has already disproven over 2000 of them. Yours is next.

^ the truth, read it and weep oh ye faithful.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Nah I grew up going to catholic church and school. I attended various churches as a teen with friends.

False idols do not appeal to me.

Nor do false books.

Or false people.

I didn't say you had to worship anything,

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join