It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by moocowman

There is- in the lost Book of Squidward:

"And he shall be of immense height, and of exact perpendicular girth, and of pants made of suchsame dimensions"

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperDaveAPK

Please cut them some slack. Part of this group are teens that were there as part of a missionary group.

Interesting how you will defend them but they had no intention of taking the risk of relying on their jessusyaweh god for protection.

What a joke, obviously they weren't divinely inspired to go there to begin with, just an indoctrinated ego trip.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Some things do go beyond ego, there are actually people Christian and Non Christian, that do give out of love, compassion and empathy, for their fellow man.

I wish I could reach you moocow, you know meet me half way?

You know you are as bad as me always judging Obama, you jump at every chance to judge Christians,

This forum is becoming one big orgy of hate,

Do we ever stop to think of the people that read it?

Are we encouraging hatred, that could become dangerous?

Always point the finger at this group or that group?

[edit on 013131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by watcher73

Jesus said to give up/sell everything.

Actually that is not true at all man.

Jesus clearly said to GIVE IT AWAY for FREE!

None of this sell it crap.

Give it Away!

Ah yes, nice catch.

I missed that one.

He did say to give it away.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Its funny how you feel the need to call me names, and tell me that my head is up my ass. As well as try to postulate that I think I know you or your life story. Truth is 30% of Haiti's population was affected by this. There are more than enough people their to hold peoples hands during their last moments, in fact 2 out of 3 people there to do that. It comes down to common sense, these missionary's are not rescue workers, many of them may not even know CPR who knows? It is basically Anarchy over there and a severe security threat for even the foreigners there who are search and rescue personnel and medical staff who are actively helping these people. So you can attack me on a personal level for pointing out the common sense issues of this situation, and judge those there on the ground who are making these choices for themselves. (where you are not) And I'm sure it troubles them to make that choice, but in my opinion they made the right choice. Thats 150 less people who need food, clean water, medical supplies, human waste disposal services etc... I think it's obvious. Get out of the way and let the pro's do their work.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Nah I think if you don't have any special rescue skill or medical knowledge then being there is more a hindrance than a help. Not to mention using precious resources on people who are just marginally helpful.

Ridiculous. If you can lift a rock, debris or a body then you're of use to these people. If resources are so thin that the 150 missionaries are going to impede the availability of resources then everybody's screwed anyway and the departure or non-departure of of 150 persons won't make a difference except, of course, to the 150 persons departing.

It's hypocrisy. Sure some of them might have coincidental extenuating circumstances but not all of them.

Sure.

And how long would they last with no food or water available to them?? Moving rubble in the head makes you die faster.

Haiti is not a civilized place. People eat people there. The missionaries might look tasty to some of those gangs.

Staying there would be stupid.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wonder how many missionaries were there who died in the quake.

I've heard of people here in KY from Haiti who are exchange students who don't know if their families are alive or not.

[edit on 1/16/2010 by Jessicamsa]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Ah yes, nice catch.

I missed that one.

He did say to give it away.

Wow.

Nice catch.

You still havent.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Sure.

And how long would they last with no food or water available to them?? Moving rubble in the head makes you die faster.

Haiti is not a civilized place. People eat people there. The missionaries might look tasty to some of those gangs.

Not having faith in the god you have faith in is stupid.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namron7
WHO CREATED THE EARTH?! WHO CREATED ALL THINGS?!

Nature

LOL! And what is 'Nature' in this context, but another name for God?

People who say they don't believe in God often curse His name whenever they are frustrated or angry. Why curse someone whom you don't believe in? Seems rather foolish to me. Since they don't believe in God, they wouldn't believe in Satan, either; however, you don't hear them cursing Satan.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, I can't say that I am surprised that you are upset. You should be because there are REAL Christians out there, though few and far in between. A TRUE one wouldn't do this. I don't think.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Sure.

Not having faith in the god you have faith in is stupid.

How do you have faith in the God if you are not having faith in the God? THAT is stupid!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
overpopulation on the island, not many jobs creates massive problems, now other countries have to care ? send millions to these people that killed whites and so many others to create a all black island , # them let them die

they should've used birth control pills !

They have birth control pills in Haiti??? A land where people are so poor they have no education and eat mud has birth control???

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Real Christians don't judge others either...so how real are you?

Matthew 7:1-5 "Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

You really don't know their circumstances.

Find me a single "Christian" who actually follows every tenant of the bible and I'll give you a billion dollars. Christians, like any religious nutjobs, are hypocrites. Part of being a in a religion is convincing yourself that everyone else is wrong and inferior and that you are special and superior. Volunteering in this context is just a shallow attempt to prove to yourself that you aren't full of it. When it hits the fan, the real you surfaces and you high tail it out of a real disaster or humanitarian crisis. Why? Because you don't care that people with darker skin than yours just got crushed under a ton of concrete.

Tomorrow you'll complain about gas prices and political opponents and taxes again. Within a week, you'll forget that Haiti even exists. After all, you've got your own problems, and they are so far away - what can one person do right?

Here's an idea - at least donate a few bucks and then go back to hating your neighbor. Our civilization is doomed. You grow more apathetic every day and every day someone invents a new way to kill huge numbers of people quickly and easily.

Fifty-four percent of Haitians earn less than $1 a day and 78 percent survive on less than $2, according to the World Bank. GDP was $7 billion in 2008.

We give $30 billion a year to Israel to burn down UN schools/food warehouses with white phosphorus and blow up children with smart bombs dropped by jets!! Of course, that doesn't matter because we hate Arabs. Those Gazan kids blown to chunks are just terrorists right?

The idea of America - the ideals we once stood for have been corrupted and forgotten. Imagine what we could achieve if our defense budget was used to provide health care to US citizens or grand humanitarian missions abroad! You want to deter terrorists? Build a hospital or a school. Feed the hungry. Blowing up a wedding is not going to make you any new friends.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by andrewh7]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

reply to post by troubleshooter

Nothing like you nasty little Christians to act like your $#*^ dont stink, and your holy is better than thine. Why dont you get your oh so holy keester to Haiti? And before you open your blessed pie hole, no, I wont be going- I have nothing to offer these people, not money, not labor (my back is gone, repeated prayer to YOUR god to heal it has been left unanswered), not anything. I would simply be in the way, and another casualty to clean up.

And people wonder why I am convinced the entire religion is a scam.

You are quite angry about your back.

I have a lot of unhealed health problems too. God doesn't heal everyone.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well OP, you have created a thread about as trashy as 'The Sun' or 'Enquirer' with an unsubstantiated 'sensationalist' title to ensure you provoke and bring out the worst in people. Congratulations...

I wonder if the title had been 'Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to get into Haiti to Help' it would be as popular? Funny how we love to knock down and hate...

The fact is there are many people - Christian and non Christian trying to get in and help, or trying to raise finance to help these people out. It's probably better to concentrate on that and help.

This world really is sick and needs a lot a love.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Nah I think if you don't have any special rescue skill or medical knowledge then being there is more a hindrance than a help. Not to mention using precious resources on people who are just marginally helpful.

Ridiculous. If you can lift a rock, debris or a body then you're of use to these people. If resources are so thin that the 150 missionaries are going to impede the availability of resources then everybody's screwed anyway and the departure or non-departure of of 150 persons won't make a difference except, of course, to the 150 persons departing.

It's hypocrisy. Sure some of them might have coincidental extenuating circumstances but not all of them.

Sure.

>>> Jessicamsa

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by troubleshooter

Nothing like you nasty little Christians to act like your $#*^ dont stink, and your holy is better than thine. Why dont you get your oh so holy keester to Haiti? And before you open your blessed pie hole, no, I wont be going- I have nothing to offer these people, not money, not labor (my back is gone, repeated prayer to YOUR god to heal it has been left unanswered), not anything. I would simply be in the way, and another casualty to clean up.

And people wonder why I am convinced the entire religion is a scam.

You are quite angry about your back.

I have a lot of unhealed health problems too. God doesn't heal everyone.

God doesn't heal anyone because he doesn't exist. If you want to save Haiti - get off your knees, stop praying, and organize a food drive. Donate some money or time. It's religious idiots like yourself that nurture apathy in this world because you think some flying spaghetti monster is going to solve all your problems and clear your conscience.

Grow up and stop acting like a child hoping a magic fat guy will drop a new bike down your chimney on Christmas eve. The bike is going to come from your dad going to work to earn money to buy it - not some magic factory run by elves.

Pat Robertson is greedy sociopath and no better than the idiots who pay his salary, trying to buy their way into heaven with a telethon.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Find me a single "Christian" who actually follows every tenant of the bible and I'll give you a billion dollars. Christians, like any religious nutjobs, are hypocrites. Part of being a in a religion is convincing yourself that everyone else is wrong and inferior and that you are special and superior. Volunteering in this context is just a shallow attempt to prove to yourself that you aren't full of it. When it hits the fan, the real you surfaces and you high tail it out of a real disaster or humanitarian crisis. Why? Because you don't care that people with darker skin than yours just got crushed under a ton of concrete.

Wow... staggering how apparently ignorant someone can be.

So all volunteers over there are doing this for some kick - feel good, get me to heaven ride? Pathetic. I know people over there who are over there because they love the people, the love the culture and they want to make a difference. They have lost everything they have been building - schools, orphanages, houses and in some cases lost their lives.

You have a very dark outlook at life and I hope you find some light.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

>>> Jessicamsa

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join