It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
Here is one man I believe is a true Christian...

www.pbs.org...

"Known on the streets as the "Preacherman," Pannizzo turns up on that corner every night, regardless of the weather, and draws a crowd of 50 or so. The homeless, drug dealers, passers-by, all stop to listen to his shockingly lucid and apparently downright inspirational sermons.

Pannizzo, a former doctoral student, seems to be entirely sane, doesn't yell fire and brimstone, and keeps his pants firmly affixed.

He abandoned his career several years ago and made the conscious decision to live on the streets and not only preach the gospel, but hand out food and whatever money he picks up from doing odd jobs during the day. "

Thank you for that, just incredible. I've also looked at other stuff on that site and found some amazing things.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
overpopulation on the island, not many jobs creates massive problems, now other countries have to care ? send millions to these people that killed whites and so many others to create a all black island , # them let them die

they should've used birth control pills !

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by metalholic

Who said I was a Christian?

Anyway, Christians have the right to call other Christian to the table, when they have the facts.

I have the facts from the OP's mouth.

The OP has no facts at all.

Thanks

peace

Clearly none of you christians have the facts. And since when does "judge not" come with the footnote about other xtians and facts?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

He abandoned his career several years ago and made the conscious decision to live on the streets and not only preach the gospel, but hand out food and whatever money he picks up from doing odd jobs during the day.

So where are the guys who said society would break down if we all followed jesus? Where are the guys who said thats not what Jesus meant? Where are the guys who said the people who do this become a burden?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Haiti went from being one of most lucrative and successful sugar exporting countries in the world under the French. If they wanted to kill whitey that's fine. But why destroy the sugar plantations etc? It's like what the blacks do in the ghettos of America. Destroy their own neighborhoods because they are pissed off. LMAO!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namron7
WHO CREATED THE EARTH?! WHO CREATED ALL THINGS?!

Nature

LOL! And what is 'Nature' in this context, but another name for God?

Nature is seen by us as a cascade of events over a certain period of time. You don't need God to do anything or even exist. By the way, I do believe in God. A God who sets the cosmos in motion and then say's "OK, I did my part, now it's up to you" To answer your question about is'ent nature God I say by no means. Nature is like a stone you toss in the air. What do you think is going to happen? It will fall back to Earth. Every timre. Why? The mass of the Earth is vastly greater then any stone you may toss. Mass warps both space and time. The more the mass, the greater curveture of space/time. To me cosmic physics is nature acting according to its own rules. If I could explain all the complexities of nature, I could wright a book and get on Oprah.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Dont sweat it to hard bro. You can only do what you do. Let us try to make a difference today, with our own lives. Let us live as Christ would and not Judge, like all christians do.

Semper fi

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's probably for the best that everyone who can leave, does so. They are only in the way if they have no medical skills and cannot provide assistance. The water and food supplies are rationed and unless they leave they are only taking those badly needed resources away from someone else.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't see this as a Christian thing, to me its a human thing. Its easy for those sitting at home to break out the cat-of-nine-tails and start serving up flesh. If it was me in their position, and I feared for my survival in that enviroment, I would want the hell out myself. There in a strange land where some major **** just happened and people are just trying to stay alive. Its easy for those who are at home to cast doubt on these particular people, but if it was you arse down there and you feared for your life, either human or element, you would want out too.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Kanati]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
They're humans too. They have the "will to live."

Missionaries convert people, not help them. Throughout history, missionaries have been some of the richest and dominating (as in slave owning) families.

They convert enough people to keep their jobs and receive Vatican protection.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
They're humans too. They have the "will to live."

Missionaries convert people, not help them. Throughout history, missionaries have been some of the richest and dominating (as in slave owning) families.

They convert enough people to keep their jobs and receive Vatican protection.

Yea... Mother Theresa drives a Beemer.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Anamnesis]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Religion has nothing to do with it.

While I will not say these are "bad" people, they definitely do not follow what they preach.

The good people are the ones helping. ANY religion.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've got some issues with some of you in this thread. You treat each other with contempt and have no respect for your brothers in Christ. Turn to the Word yourselves and see what it has to say concerning judging one another.

Romans 2:1-4
1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

In summary, if you are a hypocritical judge, don't be surprised when you get what you yourself deserve. But we are supposed to judge, unlike what so many have come to believe and as a result have tainted the Bride of Christ by accepting all sorts of evil into the body. Read 1 Corinthians 5-6. It is too long to post here, but we are supposed to judge those IN the church, otherwise we become... what we have become. A church that looks no different on the inside than the world does on the outside.

1 Corinthians 5:11-13
11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Actually reading God's word clears things up and provides a much more fruitful way of living. This of course is not to say I am perfect, but I do not need to be in order to present God's word to you, which is what does the judging here.

I agree that it is sad that so many Christians would be in a situation to help and then turn around and leave at such a desperate time. We do not know the circumstances, but do circumstances matter? Should we not be willing to give up everything to do God's will for us?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Nature is like a stone you toss in the air.

Nature is like a stone you toss in the air except that it doesnt behave in a predictable manner. It may come down, it may float there a few seconds or years, and when you least expect it, it comes crashing down through your skull.

Nature alone decides whether you live or die. It is god by any definition.

Your analogy is inept.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
You know I'm not even over there witnessing any of this first hand but as an American I'm already pissed off at Haitians. Who the hell do they think they are getting mad, and angry like little children throwing a temper tantrum because the world isn't doing enough or getting supplies to them fast enough. When your goddamn country is an epic failure on so many levels what the hell do they expect? The world is doing everything they can, especially THE USA! Quit whining, quit breeding like out of control rabbits and use this as a time to get your goddamn country back in order. I mean seriously? What the hell do these people expect? This was the most destructive natural disaster the world has ever seen...............And the ONLY reason it's been such a destructive natural disaster is because the country has been a #hole with out of control population growth.

Population growth is the entire reason why Haiti is in the position it is in. And the international welfare has been fueling this population growth that has manifested itself in shanty towns, poor infrastructure, deforestation, 80% of the population under 18 years of age and illiterate. Oh but they are poor....they don't know any better right?

If Haiti descends into chaos instead of cooperation the world will once again turn its back on the country.........and so will I. You don't have to be poor to know that you don't hack someone with a machete because you are hungry. I'm simplifying things a little bit but I think that's what needs to happen............

I had this exact discussion last night at home, how or why these people are making any demands is beyond me. Charity and help cannot be forced to be given. Threatening the people who are there trying to help you is down right dumb.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel
I've got some issues with some of you in this thread. You treat each other with contempt and have no respect for your brothers in Christ. Turn to the Word yourselves and see what it has to say concerning judging one another.

Romans 2:1-4
1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

In summary, if you are a hypocritical judge, don't be surprised when you get what you yourself deserve. But we are supposed to judge, unlike what so many have come to believe and as a result have tainted the Bride of Christ by accepting all sorts of evil into the body. Read 1 Corinthians 5-6. It is too long to post here, but we are supposed to judge those IN the church, otherwise we become... what we have become. A church that looks no different on the inside than the world does on the outside.

1 Corinthians 5:11-13
11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

So dont judge, until you read 1 Cor 5:11-13 which tells you to judge.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

If the xtian churches expelled all its wicked men there would be no xtianity. Especially if it started with the pedophile priests.

I agree that it is sad that so many Christians would be in a situation to help and then turn around and leave at such a desperate time. We do not know the circumstances, but do circumstances matter? Should we not be willing to give up everything to do God's will for us?

Then give up everything and do the will of Jesus. Hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Like I said, as a Christian this makes me sick and all I can say is to promise the non-Christian people out there that most Christians are not all hypocritical pretend pat me on the back for the good that I say I do frauds like these people.

I hate to say it, but it IS most of them. The good ones are in the minority so far- a 'handful' about describes them.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

There is- in the lost Book of Squidward:

"And he shall be of immense height, and of exact perpendicular girth, and of pants made of suchsame dimensions"

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Nothing like you nasty little Christians to act like your $#*^ dont stink, and your holy is better than thine. Why dont you get your oh so holy keester to Haiti? And before you open your blessed pie hole, no, I wont be going- I have nothing to offer these people, not money, not labor (my back is gone, repeated prayer to YOUR god to heal it has been left unanswered), not anything. I would simply be in the way, and another casualty to clean up.

And people wonder why I am convinced the entire religion is a scam.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hi Proto,
thank you for the response, I was going to stay away from the topic, to much negative energy now.

Keep up the good work, People here immediately went to work in ther individual churches, gather supplies and what not,

I have been a member of these small churches, with only a handful of parishioners, who give selfishly to help Orphanages, these are poor people in, poor neighborhoods, attending poor churches,

So people who think churches are getting rich off this is just plain silly.

You never hear of the unsung heroes.

[edit on 113131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join