It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Speaking of better aim...

I just figured that I would remind you that Jesus was a carpenter. You know what carpenters do, right? I wonder why He would do something seemingly so useless and pointless...?

Oh. By the way... bread. Fish. Interesting. How did they harvest these? What did they use?

Posts, nails, hammers, whips, etc. -- I doubt Jesus would have ever died for us without all that about.

Bibles...are made of? You know how people are these days. Always gotta expand upon what you heard. So having these Bibles is real handy when you don't think the story sounds too accurate coming from a really good speaker.

Did Jesus wear clothes? Oh my! I wonder how those were made. What did they use to make clothes, watcher?

Well that was a bunch of nothing.

WHO CREATED THE EARTH?! WHO CREATED ALL THINGS?!

Nature.

I agree that there aren't that many real Christians out there. I agree that it's pathetic how hypocritical we can be.

Ding ding ding.

However, allow me to remind you that you are the one who is showing your ultimate foolishness. You've done well in an attempt to make everyone else look the fool, but here is why you've only proven your own foolishness.

Jesus will be back. During judgment, how do you suggest to defend yourself against such an accusation : "You claim to know my Word SO WELL, better than anyone. So, why haven't you obeyed? You accused many of hypocrisy, but I only find it in you."

Oh noes... Jesus said he would be back in the generation of the people he was talking to.

Fail.

Just to let you know watcher, I am much more intelligent than you are.

Sorry bible thumper, that alone means you arent intelligent, let alone more intelligent than me. I can pretty much guaranty my IQ is higher than yours. Buty then again everyone seems to be in the top 1%, on the internet.

I think you should feel more humble when referring to our Father and His Son, our Lord, our brother in Spirit. You, knowing the Bible so well, should know that He knows everything you're thinking, saying, and doing right now. E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Enjoy yourself.

OMG oh noe, teh guilt trip. I'll believe now.

I have a feeling you are fascinated by shiny objects.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Aoxoa

Are you saying a Pagan cannot have an opinion about Christian affairs ... hell the Christians have had plenty of opinions about Pagans for centuries

Me thinks you missed the entire point of my post ... but inadvertantly you do back-up the point I was making.

Thank-you

Woody

Christians are just pagans in disguise worshipping the sun under a false name anyway.

We are all made of star stuff like Sagan said, the pagans had it right. Christians have it wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Carl Sagan has always been a hero of mine ... and thank-you ... someone else who can see beyond the labels.

Woody

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Haiti teetered on the brink of total anarchy tonight as looters rampaged through the streets of Port-au-Prince in search of food and water.

With desperately needed aid still barely trickling through, some survivors were reduced to fighting for scant supplies.

Witnesses reported gangs of young men armed with machetes stalking through the capital. As the security situation continued to deteriorate, UN peacekeepers warned aid workers they needed to travel with guards.
International Red Cross spokesman Marcal Izard said some 4,000 prisoners had escaped and were freely roaming the streets.

It emerged today that desperate Haitians had set up roadblocks of corpses in Port-au-Prince

Shaul Schwarz, a photographer for TIME magazine, said he saw at least two blockades formed with bodies of earthquake victims and rocks.

'They are starting to block the roads with bodies. It's getting ugly out there.'

With streets and buildings littered with rotting corpses and filled with the sounds of screams, some have compared it to a scene from hell.

Hundreds of bodies were stacked outside the city morgue, and limbs of the dead protruded from the rubble of crushed schools and homes.

L ink to full story.

The place is Hell right now. Would you honestly stick around when anarchy is looming on the horizon? To the OP if you claim moral superiority then fly over there and help them yourself instead of judging others trying to leave the country.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by moocowman

Ya but that would be like finding a muslim and/or there money volunteering to help in a disaster zone. Not gunna happen!

www.meetup.com...
It happened. So far your group has not done anything. I did a search on haters and they just hate and don't help.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Well they probably lost everything they had in the quake so why stay? They would only be another drain on supplies coming in.

Don't bash until you know the whole story. Not very Christian of you.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55

Haiti teetered on the brink of total anarchy tonight as looters rampaged through the streets of Port-au-Prince in search of food and water.

With desperately needed aid still barely trickling through, some survivors were reduced to fighting for scant supplies.

Witnesses reported gangs of young men armed with machetes stalking through the capital. As the security situation continued to deteriorate, UN peacekeepers warned aid workers they needed to travel with guards.
International Red Cross spokesman Marcal Izard said some 4,000 prisoners had escaped and were freely roaming the streets.

It emerged today that desperate Haitians had set up roadblocks of corpses in Port-au-Prince

Shaul Schwarz, a photographer for TIME magazine, said he saw at least two blockades formed with bodies of earthquake victims and rocks.

'They are starting to block the roads with bodies. It's getting ugly out there.'

With streets and buildings littered with rotting corpses and filled with the sounds of screams, some have compared it to a scene from hell.

Hundreds of bodies were stacked outside the city morgue, and limbs of the dead protruded from the rubble of crushed schools and homes.

L ink to full story.

The place is Hell right now. Would you honestly stick around when anarchy is looming on the horizon? To the OP if you claim moral superiority then fly over there and help them yourself instead of judging others trying to leave the country.

I wonder how much of that story is true and how much is embellishment.

For instance the body road blocks. Where else might one put a bunch of bodies they spent all day recovering? On the piles of rubble? How would you transport them anywhere?

Bodies stacked outside the morgue? Hmmm, maybe they were just a roadblock also?

People here looted and roamed in gangs after Katrina. Cant say its just the blacks either. There was a white neighborhood or smaller town right outside New Orleans that shot anyone black coming into town. Then they bragged about it.

It's called survival for those xtians who keep saying self-preservation before a helping hand.

What would anyone do in the same situation? Life or death I would try to survive, it might even get ugly. I can guaranty christians would get just as ugly. I'm pretty sure the white neighborhood outside New Orleans wasnt Muslim.

And dont even start with the "well they arent true xtians" because youre all hypocrites and therefore none of you are true xtians.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
It happened. So far your group has not done anything. I did a search on haters and they just hate and don't help.

lol

sorry for the short post but that was funny

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Can we really call them "Christian" missionaries if theyre so desperate to not help? Its like calling Pat Robertson "Christian". Is he really?

Instead of covering the few leaving, we should be noting the many who are already there, Franklin Graham and Samaritan's Purse, or on their way. There are people in Haiti doing great work and they are getting very little to no attention.

It is not beyond reason to want to leave a country now in the stone age. But what people of any faith should ask themselves is how strong is my conviction? I hate to say it but of al the missionaries I ever met, they not only don't practice what they preach, they don't seem very bright to me. They have the gaul to go into another country, another culture and profess they have a majic wand, and if you only believed what they do that will save your soal (or whatever). Maybe their looking for more people to donate money to them, of that I have no doubt.

What is needed in Haiti right now are medical teams, construction workers, etc. They need people who can actualy do something. They also need people who can provide aid and comfort. If you can't provide a usefull skill, stick your religion in your pocket and shut up.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Aoxoa

Are you saying a Pagan cannot have an opinion about Christian affairs ... hell the Christians have had plenty of opinions about Pagans for centuries

Me thinks you missed the entire point of my post ... but inadvertantly you do back-up the point I was making.

Thank-you

Woody

Christians are just pagans in disguise worshipping the sun under a false name anyway.

We are all made of star stuff like Sagan said, the pagans had it right. Christians have it wrong.

Keep dreaming, when you have a 8-9ft reptilian God called a Watcher riping your bible bashing butt to shreds I guess you will get a clue.

Sagan hasn't a clue. 200 Gods came before us and ruled over us, they were Watchers as stated in the bible. Only a fool would think that they were all made up, Especially when the one true GOD Yahweh tells you they are his fallen SONS. Watchers can take any form that suites them.

God destroyed most of their handy work in the flood after he bound them and cast them into the deep pits on earth. Read the book, they will and are back.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Nature

LOL! And what is 'Nature' in this context, but another name for God?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namron7

Nature

PING !

Is that the sound of a penny dropping ?

Woody

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namron7

Nature

An uncaring, unthinking god if you must call it that.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Namron7

actually star dust collected together to form dense bodies of mass as gravitation would be so strong it would begin to form molecules combining different atoms together until finally a sun was born in the sun the heat caused by the friction of atoms would then create new molecules as the sun would cool off after years of burning so hot it would then release more molecules after so many lifetimes it would either become a dwarf,a black hole or explode when the sun or star exploded it released many more molecules and atoms into space eventually a earth was formed acquiring things like hydrogen,iron,gold,nitrogen and many other cosmic created elements we have as the earth grew older and become settled enough singular structures started to multiply into multi celluar structures until there were at what would be considered the time life beyond single celled organisms...which is nature! and then your going to incorporate nature and the bible and god as one belief? that goes against everything your religion has ever believed or preached...do you realize just how stupid you are trying to justify nature and christianity its like trying to say christians have always believe in evolution...people were killed because of such beliefs or put there lives in jeopardy..christianity will never die because priests and preachers will always find a way to incorporate the way educated people think into it so that they are not looked at like a bunch of bafoons!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Keep dreaming, when you have a 8-9ft reptilian God called a Watcher riping your bible bashing butt to shreds I guess you will get a clue.

Sagan hasn't a clue. 200 Gods came before us and ruled over us, they were Watchers as stated in the bible. Only a fool would think that they were all made up, Especially when the one true GOD Yahweh tells you they are his fallen SONS. Watchers can take any form that suites them.

God destroyed most of their handy work in the flood after he bound them and cast them into the deep pits on earth. Read the book, they will and are back.

So is there one true god called yahweh or 200 reptilian gods?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

A Christian bashing other Christians... How repulsive and degrading is that.

You have NO IDEA what is going on down there with those missionaries. NONE!

You're not one of them, you're not there, you're not in their place, you're not living in a world of hell. No, you're pointing the finger at your fellow Christians from the safety of your home sitting behind your computer screen.

I rebuke you.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

And you should be praying for those people, not bashing them.

All your surmising is doing nothing but giving in to hate.

Talk about standing on dead bodies to make yourself look taller.

How sad is that. I pity you.

You've no right to judge them, and that you do, as a *so called Christian* and go to the extent to write a thread about it? That does more to damage the name of Christ than the actions of these missionaries. Think of the people reading this laughing... "Those Christians can't even be civil to each other much less us pagans...etc..."

What a sickening display of meanness you've given them for more anti-Christian bashing fodder.

Ask yourself... Without knowing ANYTHING about the situation those missionaries are facing, would you condemn them to Christ's face? Would you read this thread you've written out in front of Christ Himself and feel proud?

I doubt that you would - not having anything other than spite and hate to fallback on, not having ANY OF THE FACTS of the situation...

Go back and search your heart for reasons these people might be doing all they can to leave? What fate awaits them if they do not? Do you know? Would you endure it for your belief system?

I think not.

Why? Because the cowardly spirit you've shown here in attacking your fellow Christians, your fellow man? I bet you'd be trampling over top of the rest to get to the head of the line on the first plane out.

peace

[edit on 16-1-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

you made a good point but then ask yourself did you not just do the samething?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Who said I was a Christian?

Anyway, Christians have the right to call other Christian to the table, when they have the facts.

I have the facts from the OP's mouth.

The OP has no facts at all.

Thanks

peace

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
You're not one of them, you're not there, you're not in their place, you're not living in a world of hell, you've not one bleeding clue you loud mouthed coward.

Um, if they're christian, why don't they have faith their god will protect them in that world of hell? Seems most of you don't have that much faith.

Like the poster above said, you did the same thing you bashed the OP for.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

A Christian bashing other Christians... How repulsive and degrading is that.

You have NO IDEA what is going on down there with those missionaries. NONE!

You're not one of them, you're not there, you're not in their place, you're not living in a world of hell. No, you're pointing the finger at your fellow Christians from the safety of your home sitting behind your computer screen.

I rebuke you.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

And you should be praying for those people, not bashing them.

All your surmising is doing nothing but giving in to hate.

Talk about standing on dead bodies to make yourself look taller.

How sad is that. I pity you.

You've no right to judge them, and that you do, as a *so called Christian* and go to the extent to write a thread about it? That does more to damage the name of Christ than the actions of these missionaries. Think of the people reading this laughing... "Those Christians can't even be civil to each other much less us pagans...etc..."

What a sickening display of meanness you've given them for more anti-Christian bashing fodder.

Ask yourself... Without knowing ANYTHING about the situation those missionaries are facing, would you condemn them to Christ's face? Would you read this thread you've written out in front of Christ Himself and feel proud?

I doubt that you would - not having anything other than spite and hate to fallback on, not having ANY OF THE FACTS of the situation...

Go back and search your heart for reasons these people might be doing all they can to leave? What fate awaits them if they do not? Do you know? Would you endure it for your belief system?

I think not.

Why? Because the cowardly spirit you've shown here in attacking your fellow Christians, your fellow man? I bet you'd be trampling over top of the rest to get to the head of the line on the first plane out.

peace

[edit on 16-1-2010 by silo13]

Did you ever stop to think during that whole diatribe that you just made yourself a hypocrite?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join