It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Alien Murders Teen for Speaking English in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Good post, I agree with nearly everything, minus the "our religion" statement.

Thanks friend.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. ~Albert Einstein

It is all fine and well to condemn the intolerant actions of the murderer, but to answer them with intolerance of your own is surely misunderstanding the fuel that feeds the fire.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by silent thunder

Hey, this story is nothing new.... you should try living with Pakistanis, Afghans, Iraqis & Somalians... the Spaniards, Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are much nicer people in my opinion... wanna swap?

At least Spanish is a bearable language.... you try sitting on transport listening to Arabic!!

Also you shouldn't really forget what the American white guys did to the Spanish & Indians in the first place.... maybe the Mexicans havn't forgiven you Americans for that...

One last thing... would you have raised this issue if it was an American killing a Mexican?

I've lived in Asia for the past 24 years so I have plenty of first hand experience in dealing (or at least attempting to deal) with different cultrural and linguistic norms. And in each case I have been a perfectly LEGAL immigrant who has done everything above the board, paid all taxes, and complied with local manners and customs. I have always tried to speak the local language and am fluent in two of them and have passable basic skills in several others,

And you can bet it would be front-page news and and back-page editorial tisking from Managua to Manila if an American had killed a Mexican in Mexico for the simple reason of refusing to speak English.

[edit on 12/24/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok well this is very disturbing to me. and the worst about all this is that somehow some human right dipsh*t will try to defend this guy with some bull argument.
I'm immigrant, i'm here legally on a green card, i work and pay taxes. i'm married to a us citizen and have 2 childrens, and no i didnt get married and have kids to stay here, i've had my green card long before all that. Now this is where i draw the line on equal right and all that crap that people pull for illigals. They can get food stamp and all, but i tried applying once and was denied because of the simple fact that i had a green card and that's bull!!! My taxes pay for the border jumpers but my kids are not allowed the same as their kids bcs somehow i work,pay taxes and came here legally. The worst about all this, these illegals had a nice car than mine, completed with tints, rims and loud stereo.
I've worked on construction jobs where illegals told me of ways to cheat the system so they could get government help...and they never once tried to learn english. me and my boss had to speak spanish to them!

Just like Milano from the band S.O.D sang "Speak English Or Die"

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

Right, people like me are what's wrong with the United States.

Sorry for feeling sympathy for other human beings who are trying to make a better future for their families and for themselves, do you really think if it's easy to obtain a work permit that these people would still choose to come in through the desert risking their lives? I don't think so.

Also to file for a work visa you need to have an employer who is ready to hire you, you also need to provide proof of the type of degree or education you have, remember most of these people only have elementary level education.

But I doubt that you've ever been in the situations that some of these people come from, if you have I don't see how you could say that it's easy to apply for a work visa, because it's really not.

I think people with your mentality set are what's wrong with the human species, unsympathetic of other human beings who are just trying to make a better living for their family, I don't see much progress for us as a whole if more and more people with your mentality keep reproducing.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Good points, but how do Mexicans treat undocumented Guatemalans seeking a better life?

Mexico deported more illegal Guatemalan migrants than the U.S. in 2007 and 2008, according to information reaching here from Guatemala City on Thursday.

In 2008, Mexico repatriated 36,362 Guatemalans, a 26.5 percent reduction from a year ago, while the United States deported 27,929people, which represented a 21 percent increase, the General Direction of Migration from Guatemala (DMG) said.

ourlatinamerica.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Mexico also uses the Mexican Army and the paramilitary Federal Preventive Police to patrol their border with Guatemala.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

If you feel so bad go out there and help them. Your right, I have no sympathy for them, there is a correct and legal way to do things. My family had to do it, they were poor, they were uneducated, now they both have Masters degrees. What makes them capable of doing such things but your illegal friends incapable? It's called attitude and determination, and don't you dare say I haven't been in those situations, I was sleeping on park benches for 6 months as a child, you don't know anything about what your talking about. I've been there FIRST HAND, I've seen the process and yes, it is a difficult and tedious one, but what are we supposed to do? Make it easy for them? If we start letting just anybody in the country you will see attacks rise to an all time high, try to think clearly and use your sympathetic brain for something other than feeling sorry for the poor immigrants. I've been there and done that and if my family can do it then so can theirs.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onarek

Originally posted by sr_robert1
I don't see why someone hasn't offed the murderer from the OP yet. They have him in court?! 1. HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE 2. HE KILLED SOMEONE

Either send him back or show him some street justice. If that was my family member killed this illegal would have been dead in minutes.

It's obvious the government is more concerned about stealing the money and freedoms of the citizens than even caring about illegal immigrants and the effect they're having on our society. In the old days, people didn't rely on the government, they did things themselves, and STUFF GOT DONE. If we want stuff done, we'll have to take it into our own hands. I've called in on more than my fair share of illegal immigrants that I know are still around a year later. Maybe a good ol' fashioned beating would send them a clear message. Or we could round some up, tie 'em up, and haul 'em back ourselves. Can anyone say ROAD TRIP?

I wish you would try that on me Seriously I would kill you in a Heartbeat say its self defence and that I feared for my life and we would have one less Racist on the streets, You are a coward.

Well, it was only a matter of time before violence found its way onto this sort of discussion.

Instead of rounding up the illegals, why don't we just round up all the idiots who feel violence is the only way of solving situations? Oh wait, I guess that's what prisons are for. Evidently, they're not really doing their jobs...are they?

The true problem here does not lie with illegal immigrants. The real problem is that the government continues to promote illegality through inaction and then enforces laws on its citizens that are not enforced on those residing here illegally.

It kind of angers me when OUR citizens can be arrested for smoking a j0!nt, but those who reside in our country ILLEGALLY can operate with impunity given their current "illegal" status. The very phrase "illegal immigration" should carry weight in how our legal system currently approaches enforcement, however, it means virtually nothing within the governing laws that gave it the name.

Americans do have the right to be upset about the current state of foreign and domestic affairs, however, that does not give us the right to perpetuate racism and violence.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Who knows what happened during the conversation. What if he he insulted him and had it coming? Just provoking a thought.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

This happened in the county that I'm from down there in southwest Florida! I remember reading the article about it a few days ago and was pretty shocked, but not really surprised. Not surprised because, this town, Immokalee, has a reputation among us locals for things of this sort happening. Race is a big thing in that town; the blacks and latinos are constantly at one anothers throats. It's sad really.

As I remember, the newspaper, and some commenters on the online story, tried to turn the story around and make the guy that murdered the English-speaking Latino look like a hero of sorts; sticking up for his Hispanic heritage and just upset because he couldn't understand what the guy was saying.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
what the hell did he say to him to get himself stabbed? It must have been a heated argument with very personal insults.

I also don't doubt that the stabber himself is mentally unstable. Seriously, the people who come here to make a better life for themselves should know much better than to do that, especially considering they would probably be deported and tried in mexico (that is my nightmare)

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Ummmm....you do know these idiots don't represent every single immigrant. I thought this site was about deny ignorance, not spread it.

Kind of reminded me of this video.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

what the hell did he say to him to get himself stabbed? It must have been a heated argument with very personal insults.

It actually, sadly, was really just about speaking English, according to the police report. At least, that is what what started it. Eventually, the situation erupted into a fist fight and the suspected murderer, Mauricio Escalante, is alledged to have stabbed the victim four times.

If anyone is interested, here is the original article.

Story

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Actually I think quite a few native Americans would disagree. Since tribal lands were apart of the so-called Mexican range of influence. Oh and who is the ruling class of Mexico descended from?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
wow, what a hateful and poorly written piece of 'journalism' Its just sowing more seeds of hatred and fear of immigrants just like any other western media. Seriously dont fall into this trap, They just want you to fear foreigners as much as they do. HE DID NOT KILL THIS MAN FOR SPEAKING ENGLISH, i'm sure sometime during his stay in america he would've heard someone speaking English. And if on the off chance he actually did for the 'reasons' it is clear this man had mental issues and should in no way reflect immigrants as a whole as the piece seems to.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Amen to that. I would say that 95% of my friends are immigrants, with most of them being first generation. I cannot describe to you how hard it is for them to attain U.S. Citizenship, or even employment, simply due to the Illegal Immigrant problem. Where I live, we have witnessed an EXPLOSION in Illegal Immigrants over the past 10 years, and they have brought nothing but crime, along with an ever increasing condescending attitude towards native born Americans. I can hardly walk around in the town nearby, without having these vatos look me up-and-down as if I were the stranger in a foreign land, as opposed to the opposite truth.

My friends have even come over here as refugees from war town environments which are 100 times worse than anything these Illegals came from, and yet they are forced to play by the rules, whereas the border jumpers cheat their way ahead of everyone else. I am so SICK of it. I am tired of the atrocious colors these people have painted an entire community just 15 miles South of where I live, with their Mexican motif, and ALL Spanish signs (With NO English). NO, I do not live in Texas people, I live in Washington, D.C.

I could go on, and on, and on, but this is a MAJOR problem, and unless you have had the unfortunate reality of having to go through it, you might very likely never realize such.

Welcome to Kosovo, my friend. That's how it begins. Next thing, you'll see alien flags in your streets and parallel government, schools, etc.
Then... ambushes to kill police patrols...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrath5639

Yeah my sons got the same crap for not understanding or speaking Spanish also. I'm of German and Irish heritage and their father is Puerto Rican, so people like to get on them about not being able to speak Spanish. Their answer is I'm an American that lives in America I don't need to speak Spanish.

When they were little in grammer school they started sending them home with bilingual homework, when I spoke to the principal about it he said " They're of hispanic heritage, don't you think that they should know how to speak Spanish?" I told him that they were more than welcome to teach them Spanish, as long as they taught them German and Gaelic also. That put an end to the bilingual homework.

You know it's funny people seem to get all bent out of shape because they can't speak Spanish, but it never seems to bother them that they can't speak German or Gaelic

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

This country was founded by English speaking people, our constitution is written in the English langauge, our laws are written in English, our court proceedings are held in English, etc I'd say that's about as official as it gets.

No one's asking them to give up their langauge, just to learn the langauge of the country that they proclaim to want to be a part of. If they moved to any other country they'd be expected to learn the langauge, they wouldn't be coddled like they are here. Plain and simple many people have come to this country legally and had to learn the langauge to become citizens, this not having to learn English is a very new thing and it needs to stop, they need to respect this country and learn the langauge, and come to this country legally.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexitydead on this guy was probably caught several times and just sent back home and that's all. Look at those hikers that crossed over into Iran, they will be lucky not to get killed for it. There are lots of countries that if they caught you it wouldn't be nice, much less just send you back so you can try again. That is the problem no real punishment for it. If I thought that I was going to die if I got caught it would give me a whole lot to think about, not so much if all they did was just send me back. Sorry for the family of this person, just makes no sense! Yes it could have been any number of people that may have done this but we know who it was and it didn't have to happen. I wish all people well, just don't hurt people for the sake of it! We need to have each others backs, not just worry about ourselves anymore!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join