It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Alien Murders Teen for Speaking English in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Illegal Alien Murders Teen for Speaking English in America

www.infowars.com

[A] 33-year-old illegal immigrant was arrested Saturday for stabbing to death a 17-year-old on the streets of Immokalee.

The teenager’s affront that set off the fatal confrontation — daring to speak English in America...

Three others, including Escalante, were already there and the two groups began talking until a dispute erupted over the victim’s group speaking English, not Spanish.

Escalante went to a nearby apartment, got a knife, and fatally stabbed Guzman, according to reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well, this is an affront on so many levels I don't even know where to start.

I have nothing against the concept of legal immigration. But this requires RULE OF LAW...you know, stuff like filling out paperwork, getting a visa...things most of the rest of the civilized world takes for granted but for some reason is considered taboo to even contemplate in much of America.

And now its no longer "Press one for Englsh" in some places, it seems.

My heart goes out to the victim and his parents. And to those who are unable to get adequite medical care or employment due to the presence of millions of illegal immigrants, whose very existence within US borders is a slap in the face to the LEGAL immigrants who have done all the necessary work to come here.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Amen to that. I would say that 95% of my friends are immigrants, with most of them being first generation. I cannot describe to you how hard it is for them to attain U.S. Citizenship, or even employment, simply due to the Illegal Immigrant problem. Where I live, we have witnessed an EXPLOSION in Illegal Immigrants over the past 10 years, and they have brought nothing but crime, along with an ever increasing condescending attitude towards native born Americans. I can hardly walk around in the town nearby, without having these vatos look me up-and-down as if I were the stranger in a foreign land, as opposed to the opposite truth.

My friends have even come over here as refugees from war town environments which are 100 times worse than anything these Illegals came from, and yet they are forced to play by the rules, whereas the border jumpers cheat their way ahead of everyone else. I am so SICK of it. I am tired of the atrocious colors these people have painted an entire community just 15 miles South of where I live, with their Mexican motif, and ALL Spanish signs (With NO English). NO, I do not live in Texas people, I live in Washington, D.C.

I could go on, and on, and on, but this is a MAJOR problem, and unless you have had the unfortunate reality of having to go through it, you might very likely never realize such.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

This is definitely a sad story. Well, not just sad, but rather disgusting. It brings to my mind an episode of when I was in the army. A couple of Puerto Rican soldiers. One was talking to some other folks and he was speaking in Spanish. And his buddies were answering in Spanish. Me, not understanding Spanish, heh, i wasted my high school years learning the cool languge of the French, had no idea what these guys were saying. I was lost. My friend, who was also a Puerto Rican, pardon my spelling, said to me, those guys are talking crap about you. i said, so what? I don't understand what they are saying, and if they had anything of importance to say to me, they would speak English, or..........French.

But my friend got quite irritated and demanded the others speak English, after all, we were all U.S. Army soldiers and the common language is English. Holy smokey wokies! A fight ensued. Naturally I was on the side of my friendly counterpart. Oh, such silly crap, eh? But it can become painful, in the case of all of us in my tale, or even deadly, in the situation of the news story at hand.

This BS must stop! WTF?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
My condolences and prayers for this family and community. I suppose the other residents aren't feeling very secure now.

Where do these kinds of bold people get off? Is it that they fall for what they see on TV, and feel free to flaunt the law or even standard decency? Maybe they think we just don't have any and it is a free-for-all.

What's a person to do? Doesn't INS still harass ALL kinds of immigrants? How can they not be involved when so many people are all together in neighborhoods and groups?

I've had quite a few legal immigrant friends and some illegal. But the legal ones I met in college, and the illegals at different restaurants I worked in over the years. They were remarkably similar in that they were very honest, very hardworking, and very grateful to be here. What's up with the hoodlums?

Aren't they afraid they'll be arrested or deported? Why not? I guess the INS is too busy cracking down on students, like my friend who took 11 years to get citizenship. He paid for school himself with a pizza delivery job, at triple the rate since he wasn't just out-of-state, but international (they get charged about 3 times the tuition of an in-state student), obeyed every law, has perfect credit, and was just a really great person to have around. We were close for many years, and I found out that his dad and sister are both doctors in his native country, his dad was VP of the medical school, and he was on his own if he stayed here, but he chose to, and worked long and hard for it. He also was harassed after 9/11, as were all of his friends, even though they're from Bangladesh! But he stayed, and paid, and now he's legally a citizen.
But the restaurant workers I've known were hardly different, just not raised as well, not as educated.
These other folks....again, does anyone know what the heck happened to the INS?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The Illegals may not act like this if it was required for immigrants to learn and speak English. This is one of the problems.

When in public it should be mandatory to speak English especially for Mexicans. I would not presume to go into Mexico and be Rude enough in front of them by speaking English. But as an American I have been taught morals and ethics. I do not know if these Mexican parents teach such things to their kids, but I know it seems like they do not because I can be in a crowd o people and here two of them talking away in Spanish and it is very rude.

My family has been assaulted by Mexicans and it may have been different had we known what they were talking about. I personally was almost murdered twice by these thugs.. and that is in the White American Suburbs, Not inner city gang turf.

I say make this mandatory or put them in Jail. 2nd offense, revoke their citizenship an put them on a bus back to Mexico.

That's a Big Problem. We don't deport people anymore. The Melting Pot idea is only supposed to be for those people who will contribute in a positive way.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This is completely nuts, the more I think about it. Thanks for your replies, everyone. I seem to agree with all of you, so far.

This is a fundamental problem and I think no US "recovery" on any meaningful level is simply going to be possible until this issue is sorted out properly and sternly. Like eveything else of this magnitude, its a mulifacited issue.

Unfortunately neither political party is interested in tackling it. The Democrats see the illlegals morphing (no doubt in some constiutionally hideous and damaging way) into a future mass block of their voiting base. Then simutanously on the right, you have the corporate voices with ther Republican ventriloquist dummies almost universally touting it, too. For so many reasons: cheap labor, create more debt for the big dawgs on Wall Street to spin into another bubble or at least staunch the 11-figure cash hemmoages that seem to be weekly fixtures these days. More soldiers and keep them supermax prisons full, can't forget that...Plus they get a whole new set of consumers they can sell a bunch of plastic crap to... its the universal pattern, the same way they created and then gutted the traditional American working and "working poor" like a fetted calf. From a cold realpolitk/fiscal/economic viewpoint, they have some valid theoretical points, but it such a narrowminded short-term way of thinking, hacking away at the foundations of society for a quick buck.

Its so petty, too...these so-called "leaders" of ours have the vision of the way the world really works, but they all would rather line their pockets than actually man up and be leaders. That's not a good sign. History can and does throw up non-money motivated leaders, but for good or for ill they are of the type that hesitate a lot less than the boys in pinstripe suits to put a bullet in the back of a skull.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we have community and quality of life declining for almost everyone....the whole concept of "civic values" and being part of something on that level is so utterly lost that the younger generations don't even think that way...they have gone off in other directions by necessity. So there is a generational aspect too....the interlocking ways of how people of different generations have to look at things. But any way you cut it, loss of basic community is a tragic loss. This is because such feelings serve as the glue that binds people together and nurtures a sense of natural public morality, even if people don't perfectly agree or don't live the same way. People are such cowards, you can see see the fear in their eyes I want to laugh if it wasn't so sad.."why are you so afraid, my friend....surely death is better than living life saturated with so much fear..." I see stuff like mutual assistance/friendship/even love dying every day right before my eyes. Even the nuclear family is falling apart...And of course all the other issues hitting our declining civilization.

Well, Merry Christmas and happy new year, I hope eveyone is warm, well fed, with companions, families...people who love them...that's important. Know love, make love...Be kind to each other my brothers and sisters.

[edit on 12/24/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Its a similar story in most western countries unfortunately .
I live in a very multicultural society , but there are always those in every ethnic group who give the decent ones a bad name , I'm talking legal or otherwise .
As an Aussie I've had to cop a bit of flak in my own country of birth from folks who just moved here from # hole countries , anyone would think they'd be happy to be here , but nope . People just like bringing there BS problems and racist attitudes with them .
Quite pathetic really

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are allowed to come to this country and not learn the language. When my great grandparents came here, legally , they had a specific amount of time to learn the language and if they didn't they could not become citizens, and that's the way it should still be. This county needs to get rid of all the politically correct BS already with the pictures on street signs instead of words and press one for English crap and let people know if you can't melt into the melting pot then stay the hell out.

But being drunk out of your mind in public isn’t the sort of thing that gets you deported under the sheriff’s system

www.infowars.com...

No but being here illegally should be ! Why wait for these people to commit horrendous crimes before deporting them, just the fact that they are here illegally is reason enough to deport them. Maybe if they had deported him for breaking immigration laws and being here illegally when they first arrested him (like they should have) that young man would still be alive today.

Deputies say Mauricio Escalante, 33, an Immokalee farm worker, pleaded not guilty to second degree murder.

Shouldn't he have been charged with 1st degree murder, he ran to an apartment and got a knife to stab him with sounds like he thought about it before he did it to me.

Escalante said he was acting in self defense.

Of course he's gonna say that. I wonder how long it'll be before they pull that foreign national crap.

www.abc-7.com...

reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

........along with an ever increasing condescending attitude towards native born Americans. I can hardly walk around in the town nearby, without having these vatos look me up-and-down as if I were the stranger in a foreign land, as opposed to the opposite truth.

That's it exactly, that damn condescending attitude ! Chicago is overrun with them now, and they do whatever they please because they know the cops aren't going to do anythng to them and they're definately not going to turn them over to immigration because Chicago is a "sanctuary city"

Two years ago a friend of mine was riding his motorcycle and got hit by an illegal, drunk, no driver's licence, no insurance (which is mandatory here) and the cops just let him go. They said he wouldn't show up for court anyway and that my friend would be better off trying to settle it on his own privately, they wouldn't even give the guy a ticket !

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just so tired of people coming to this country illegally, doing whatever they want, breaking the same laws that we have to follow, and now we have our government telling us that we're in the wrong, we're the ones that have to change, and we should learn to speak their langauge

My condolences go out to the victim's family.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The problem with their thinking about illegals as cheap labor and being consumers is that they are not only taking the cheap paying jobs that they love to say Americans won't touch, they are also taking the well paying jobs. They buy or in some cases steal people's social security numbers and then they have a good paying job. There are three on the next block over from me that all work in a factory with their family that brought them here and got them the job, and they make $15.00 an hr. And though they may be consumers, they send the majority of their earnings back to Mexico, which hurts our economy and helps theirs.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours also. May you have a Joyous and peaceful holiday surrounded by loved ones

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Close the border, Kick all illegal Immigrant. Problem solved, If people want in on the US they'll do it the legal way. Stricter guidelines would help, like being able to speak English as you're primary language. Send the army into the gang infested ghetto's, with a heavy presence I doubt they'd be half the trouble. Gang cultures getting out of hand.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by toshly]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wow, before I start I have nothing against immigration, but when somebody is in another country they should respect that countries culture and LANGUAGE, this is wrong on so many different levels that I don't even know where to start.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

In my state already towns has been overrun by illegals to the point that long standing citizens have no choice but to move as the towns start to deteriorate and standards of living lowered to accommodate to people that can work for less and under the table with no benefits.

Is a nightmare.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i just want to add my two cents.

My family is Ukrainian. We speak ukrainian/russian. I have to admit the thing that pissed me off about coming to America is how the illegal immigrants are constantly being helped. I was a young girl who was thrown into a school system where i couldnt understand anyone...but the mexicans were helped with tests, learning, and whatever you can think of. There is a bigger influx of mexicans so americans feel they have to accommodate them (press 2 for spanish..every package has spanish directions). In all honesty it makes me irate. I was forced to learn english and i came from poverty as well. The difference is im now a legal citizen as well as my whole family. America is suppose to be the "melting pot" and thats great. But if any of you came to Ukraine in hopes we speak english to you..you're insane. And most countries are like that. WHY is america accomdating people who refuse to pay taxes, drive illegally, bring drugs, and violence into the country? If we stop accommodating their language then they wouldnt have any means to be here or they would just learn to speak english. Also being as im on my way to become a lawyer in this country, it infuriates me that i could get paid more by being able to speak spanish and the fact that many other jobs are the same way!!!! INSANE!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
horrible strange story

one thing, I hope this is the last of stories like this
things will go crazy if more stories like this occur

come on tougher border security!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ummmm....you do know these idiots don't represent every single immigrant. I thought this site was about deny ignorance, not spread it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ElaynaValenti

Oh, I know exactly what you have been through in school, while I was working for the school system in my state I started as an interpreter before I became a Spanish teacher, I used to sit with one Spanish student as a tutor to translate entire classes to the student in Spanish, because the federal grants allocated to this one on one tutoring I made good money.

But when the students were immigrants from china, Pakistan, India or any other country, they use to sit them all together with a teacher that didn't speak any of the children language trying to force them into learning English.

While my students had me to make thing easier and have the lessons translated in Spanish.

I found the whole thing very racial motivated to a point.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thankfully someone understands
LOL it wasnt until i was in high school where i met other russians and ukrainians..but middle school was a nightmare. I was made fun of because i couldnt speak english correctly. I also had no one to teach me. Eventually i just taught myself. Im not saying that all immigrants are like that..but i live near a town that seems like little mexico!!! There are spanish billboards everywhere. I suppose im just bitter because i had to learn another language after already learning another one (i lived in germany for awhile before coming to America). If i was forced to do this..then i feel no sympathy for them and i refuse to learn spanish..i dont care how much i could get paid..or how much it could "benefit" me im not learning it!!! lol

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by toshly
Close the border, Kick all illegal Immigrant. Problem solved, If people want in on the US they'll do it the legal way. Stricter guidelines would help, like being able to speak English as you're primary language. Send the army into the gang infested ghetto's, with a heavy presence I doubt they'd be half the trouble. Gang cultures getting out of hand.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by toshly]

I am all for that But.. we have another problem

It is the big corporations that hire illegals that keep them here. In the documentary Food.INC you see illegals getting arrested and deported - But the reason they are here.. working for the corporate farms goes unchecked. No one is going after these corporations!

They even have ads taken out in Mexican newspapers advertising that they will hire illegals!

We need to make it Illegal for companies to hire Illegals and if caught Don't fine them, but Shut Them Down Permanently.

This is why our boarders are not closed up tight. the big companies have lobbyists telling politicians if you want to get re-elected an have our support you will do as we ask.

Well you know what.. It's high time the People have lobbyist too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join