It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway spiral - Russia accepts blame even though Norway may have been responsible ! !

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Norway "Halloween" Spiral/Rocket on 31 October 2009 at Hammerfest, 200 km. from Tromso.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Not really, as the event happened before the middle of winter. It would be expected that anything happening around the beginning of December would immediately precede a cold snap of some sort. Correlation does not equal causation.

shakespear1 - great work, stars all round

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
So what we're seeing in the following photo is NOT an atmospheric effect created by a malfunctioning Russian ballistic missile but rather an atmospheric effect that I believe to originate with EISCAT.

Honestly, I don't even think it's an atmospheric effect, since I've never seen such a perfect spiral created by nature, let alone in the sky. Before I watched the video, I was very tempted to say that photoshop works miracles on photos... but then I saw the footage. Then, the plume staggers me: how can there be a plume when NOTHING seems to have been propelled? I'd rather believe this is a military experiment with radio waves or laser beams, which is quite common (but I've never seen or heard anything like this). Very good post though, tauristercus, at least I've learned something with your explanations.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Faustian Spirit]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I know this is probably going to be an inadequate response but can we least agree upon and enjoy the immense beauty of the spiral. It is beautiful. Enough said.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somethingtosay
I know this is probably going to be an inadequate response but can we least agree upon and enjoy the immense beauty of the spiral. It is beautiful. Enough said.

It is, indeed. But it freaks me out, just that.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My thoughts immediately moved to HaARP. A colleague mentioned the hadron collider. The hole kinda made me wonder. But a rocket spilling fuel from 2 sides being backlit by the rising sun could produce a similar effect. Similar to what happened at Vanderberg AFB. Some of the pictures show tons of smoke near the ground. I don't think its anything other than a beautiful optical effect created by a sceduled failed rocket test.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by DrJay1975]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Exactly. Not to mention HAARP can't affect anything more than a few hundred miles from it, and the LHC far less. There is simply no evidence that either can do anything close to what we saw, from where they are. The EISCAT facility nearby lacks the power to create visible phenomenon, and the source of the rocket launch was clearly nowhere near any EISCAT facility.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
My thoughts immediately moved to HaARP. A colleague mentioned the hadron collider. The hole kinda made me wonder. But a rocket spilling fuel from 2 sides being backlit by the rising sun could produce a similar effect. Similar to what happened at Vanderberg AFB. Some of the pictures show tons of smoke near the ground. I don't think its anything other than a beautiful optical effect created by a sceduled failed rocket test.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by DrJay1975]

G'day DrJay1975

A big "thumbs up"

As per my post very early in this discussion, it's a failed missile test that has been made to look quite strange due to the poor quality of the video.

Case closed.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

Exactly. Not to mention HAARP can't affect anything more than a few hundred miles from it, and the LHC far less. There is simply no evidence that either can do anything close to what we saw, from where they are. The EISCAT facility nearby lacks the power to create visible phenomenon, and the source of the rocket launch was clearly nowhere near any EISCAT facility.

G'day to you too, davesidious

A big "thumbs up" to you too

The HAARP or LHC "cause" is a fantasy

Case closed.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

G'day to you too, davesidious.

A big "thumbs up" to you too.

Case closed.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

... MAYBE NOT!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Case closed.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Unless there is an agreed upon official consensus by Norway, Russia, Finland and Sweden---- then the case of the unexplained spiral stays open. Being wing man for another does little to foster truth.
The best anyone has got to the moment is---"To the best of my knowledge" Not good enough.
Nice try though

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

G'day to you too, davesidious.

A big "thumbs up" to you too.

Case closed.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

... MAYBE NOT!

G'day Imagir.

"MAYBE NOT!"

That's a great response!

I might borrow it occasionally

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not .....or perhaps that should just be "MAYBE NOT"

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Case closed.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Unless there is an agreed upon official consensus by Norway, Russia, Finland and Sweden---- then the case of the unexplained spiral stays open. Being wing man for another does little to foster truth.
The best anyone has got to the moment is---"To the best of my knowledge" Not good enough.
Nice try though

G'day Donny 4 Million

No......no "wing man" here, mate.

The missile cause of that spiral was as "plain as the nose on your face" when I first saw it.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Thanks for your borrow.

But This Spiral... MAYBE... "something else" but surely NOT a test missile... how clearly proved in this thread.

And cheers to you.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Come on now, you all.
Missiles is easy. Old hat.
Never a phenomenon like the perfect Norway spiral. Never!
I want a Norway spiral poster for my children's children.
HAARP technology is where it's at. Man Masters the atmosphere.
Super Power missiles keep failing like US intelligence agencies.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
Come on now, you all.
Missiles is easy. Old hat.
Never a phenomenon like the perfect Norway spiral. Never!
I want a Norway spiral poster for my children's children.
HAARP technology is where it's at. Man Masters the atmosphere.
Super Power missiles keep failing like US intelligence agencies.

G'day again Donny 4 million

Have you looked closely into how the quality of the video made this look so odd?

That's what started all the conjecture as to this missile launch being something more esoteric.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Have a read, and keep an open mind about what it really was

www.spellconsulting.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Rockets much larger than a sidewinder simply do not have such spiraling capabilities. We simply do not have the materials capable of building a rocket with adequate structural integrity for such a maneuver as this spiral. This is why there is no film footage or photos of any other rockets making maneuvers necessary to create such a perfect spiral.

In addition, the controls that enable what maneuvering capability that exists are limited in their range so as prevent the rocket from being over steered.

Here is a video of rocket failures. Notice, no spirals.

www.youtube.com...

Second, if it was a rocket spiraling, then at some angle you would see a funnel, but this spiral looks approximately the same from all angles, up and down the length of Norway. How could this be?

To be the least bit effective and stay in the air this rocket would need to be flying at least at hyperspeed, or Mach 5, which means about a mile a second. I couldn't find any specific information, but for the typical maneuver of a large rocket capable of flying hundreds of kilometers, and creating such a large spiral, in my opinion, completing a 360 turn for one spiral would take at least two minutes, probably more like five minutes or more, but even it this missile was moving slow for a missile, and had exceptional maneuvering capabilities, we are looking at a 30 mile circumference at the minimum. This would mean that the tightest spiral would be around 10 miles, or 16 KM in diameter, and would be complete over a distance of 30 miles or 48 km.

I find it hard to believe that this would look anything like the spiral we see in these numerous photos.This spiral was seen for for ten minutes. In ten minutes, flying at possible minimum speed, the rocket would have traveled close to 600 miles or a thousand km for only one revolution.

Then there is the problem that this spiral was seen all over Norway, but not in Sweden, not in Finland, and not in Russia where it should have been much more visible. If the rocket was fired in the area where the Russians claimed, the White Sea, then people all around this sea should have seen this spiral. We would be calling it the Russian spiral, not the Norway spiral.

Claims that this was a failed rocket test are preposterous, and that Russia would make a statement that this was a test rocket that misfired only adds to the mystery.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Actually, i dont know IF this info was here already - dont have time to read whole thread.

But here my 2 cents.
www.youtube.com...

Yekaterinburg, Ural mountains, same time (and likely same object)
Also, same picture was also seen in Tomsk.
==================================
Tomsk, 2006.
www.youtube.com...

==================================
Ring over Moscow (october, 2009)
www.youtube.com...

Actually, in this year there were plenty of nice atmospheric phenomens. like these
tonkiimir.ru...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Of course we can make a rocket spin, which is all that's required to produce a spiral that we saw. In fact, it's rather easy to do that by accident, as all it takes is a rupture on one side of the missile. The ever-shifting centre of gravity will guarantee a spiral. We've not seen it many times before because the rupture must not spread, and the missile would have to be in orbit, in the night sky, but still illuminated by the sun (otherwise it's invisible). ICBMs, which travel at hundreds or thousands of miles above the earth, and are immensely strong. Their speeds are up to over 4 miles per second.

As has been posted in this thread before, please read these two links:
Here and here. Your knowledge of ICBMs seems to be rather lacking, which is not something to be ashamed of. Deny ignorance - read those links!

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join