It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Minaret Ban Controversy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
the people of Switzerland have decided what they want for their country, they shouldn't be pressured, it's called democracy not lefty dictatorship

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

If some sod started doing that around me, I'd be straight round theirs at 3am with Slipknot blasting out the back of my car.

Thanks for talking some sense.

I had almost given up hope because the PCs posting here are saying I should let go of my intolerance and embrace the noise.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong at all with their call to prayer.........in their country. Again, leaving your homeland for another and expecting the new country you "chose" to live in to conform to your ways is not only arrogant, but rude. This pc crap and entitlements are gonna be the end of us all.....they voted, it passed, move on.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here in the Washington, D.C. area some individuals complained of a Church's Bells ringing on Sundays, so local officials banned the ringing of the bells. However, they never even addressed the call to prayer blaring from loudspeakers at the local mosque. The same officials also just recently doubled the amount of property for the "Saudi Academy", which is a Wahhabi school funded by the Kingdom.

I am so sick and tired of PC hypocrisy, and I dare say that if we do not finally stand up for our own beliefs, then we will soon be over-run by Islam. I have no problem with most Muslims, in fact, the majority of my friends are born practitioners of Islam, but at the same time I do not want the religion changing our values or the way in which we live OUR lives. I am ok with America accepting Muslims, but I do not want Islam dictating to America what its National morals and customs should be.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Throughout this thread Ive learned that maybe we need to be more wary of the PC than the muslim.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail

These 2 parts of your post are ubsurd Islamic countries in no way see any increase in other religions because they are not allowed.

B. Complete hostility by the natives that are brainwashed into thinking all other religious types not of there own are sub human and must be killed.

These countries are often the worst examples of racisum and religious intolorance.

I have no issue with anyone practing there religion until they feel the need to ram it down my throat with loud speakers and bells if it happens at all times of the day. Or by trying to change the local culture to suit there own barbaric practises of hate against anyone that is not of there own.

Try going to live in parts of Bradford or london and see how welcome and safe you feel and I mean that for any of the relgious communites that segregate themselves form all of there neighbours.

Well guess what...
It's called
I
R
O
N
Y
and it's free!

I was joking that there was in fact a christian influx...nevertheless Iran has community or 30k jews, and that's after the founding of Israel and after riots were incited against jews during the twenties...If they had always had problems there wouldn't have been any arab-jewish immigrants to Israel in the first place.

Well, why don't the swiss ban churchbells then? Would seem proposterous sure, but the muslims themselves only exercise part of their tradition, and if anything, you might as well just demand that the muezzin sing quieter, and they probably don't do it in french/german/italian or whatever you may speak as a swiss national and most likely they only call to prayer so you might as well STFU because you don't get a word and most likely they're simply singing to signal the prayers commend.

Also, I think if you went to somebody who looks muslim and call them arab but it turns out they're persian (iranian), don't you think they might be in some way hurt in their national sentiment? I was at an classical iranian concert recently and at some point they all responded to a reader's mention with that phrase which I think says "peace upon him and all prophets" (which includes Jesus) and though this seemed like a big congregation my mum later noted that she thinks arabs are way more uptight about social occasions than persians are.

I don't like calling a sudanese an african because that way I in no way acknowledge or recognize his roots... I simply throw him in a pot (like ..US citizens do with us "europeans
and unless somebody is ultra pro-caliphate, he'd also favour distinguishing him by origin...

You might even have to discern wether he's suni or shia, so you got two levels of discrenment that you ignore once you start labeling somebody "muslim".

And these wahabbi-run organizations? Whom do they represent??? At least probabl not Shia because these muslim-brotherhood folks HATE them I can assure you. Why not make a stand for their mosques because others want to impose a different denomination, just like the struggle of Vatican and the reformation? But noooo it's a muslim institution so no dice...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Does anyone think this will become an issue in other countries too?

Yup I do and hopefully the Swiss will have set a good example for other countries to follow.

I've no time for the PC mob bollocks to them sometimes they are no less extreme than extremists.

|The Swiss could have taken the more PC route and not have raised the issue just left the Muslims build in accordance with planning regulations like anyone else.
Then as soon as people start complaining about the din from the jinn, they would have had to spend endless amounts of "public" money and time embroiled in PC rhetoric and civil rights issues.

A minaret and a bell tower are designed to make a noise, thank you very much but I don't want to hear it "at any time of day" as much as they don't want me to blast "Wait and bleed" out my boom box when I have an orgasm.

This is not about religious intolerance this is about a sensible approach to keeping the peace. If Wayne and Garth erect a 30 foot amp in their yard it is highly unlikely( but not out of the question) that they are going to use it as a beer dispenser.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Disagree? Just look how tolerant, warm and receptive those Islamic nations have been to our displays of Western culture and identity in their nations. I think the facts speak for themselves...

Is that sarcasm? Please tell me that is sarcasm?

Muslims want to impose their religion on entire communities and they face legal wrangling over it.

The U.S. builds legally on land that is considered holy by U.B.L. and over 3000 Americans are killed.

Yes, the facts do speak for themselves don't they.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thricearound

Well, why don't the swiss ban churchbells then?

Perhaps they've no need to, perhaps there are already restrictions in place in relation to the noise emitted by church bells. I don't know because I don't live there, but if I did and some bastard started ringing bells of an afternoon whilst I'm chilling out with a pounding head from a night of headbanging in a licensed club I'd go get my antibellringing bat device and shut them the hell up.

We each and everyone have the right to a reasonable level of peace and quiet.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thricearound

You're correct to ask for discernment between Shia and Sunni, between Wahabi and Moderate.

Whoever is behind this particular campaign seems to have an agenda not shared by your average swiss-muslim.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
[edit on 8-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
well ok then

[edit on 12/8/09 by Lillydale]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Oooops. I re-read and deleted mine before you posted - had only glanced over it - apologies

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
what?

these people need someone to tell them when to pray?

i pray anytime i want, to myself.

i stopped going to church long time ago. no need, if god is in me and knows all, eh?

i lived right behind a church steeple for a time, that was really bad on sundays, sats, and any other time they rang.

point, no one needs that crap. if ya don't know where or when to pray,
re-asses your beliefs.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Throughout this thread Ive learned that maybe we need to be more wary of the PC than the muslim.

very nice Skyfloating

and a little extra insulting coming from you

so, people who are concerned about the rights of others are really nothing more than a mindless contrarian mob?

the PC crowd is hell bent on ridding themselves of their own sins and guilt by spoiling everyone's plans and messing with their comfort zones?

such a lot of whiners are we

and now - we are the real enemy

how convenient to be able to dismiss people with nothing more than a label

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

"Do you not agree that religion has no place in law or policy decision making? Therefore both sides in the Swiss argument are wrong? "

Except the point was made by the woman who presented the case for the Swiss emphaized the fact that the Mulim faith does not seperate religion from politics and so any act of faith brings with it the connotation of Sharia law. To include minarets to dominate the skyline and spew religious dogma to unwanting ears.

Anyone been to Switzerland, and sat under a minaret and listen to allah ackbar... the two are as alien as greys and reptilians!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
and a little extra insulting coming from you

If you're already offended by my words wait how offended you`ll be when this macho-religion puts up its tents in your area.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

Jut to point out that you are quoting someone else there in your last post, not me.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

one has nothing to do with the other Sky

you know better

it's often assumed that the PC among us aren't really ever aware of the real situation - that somehow we don't understand that there are dangers - pitfalls - tragedies yet to happen - that we don't have personal, real world experiences to draw from

I can't speak officially on behalf of the PC - but, most of us don't live in Disneyland

and we do see that there's more to all this than minarets and loudspeakers

those things are details

we're neither idiots or meddlers

we're entitled to our opinions - and some respect

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
On the outset I admitted that I would vote "Yes" to building minarets in Switzerland if it werent forced upon me. I said I am merely critical of the Intentions behind it. Here is what the PCs showing up here, have had to say:

My 'fundie' alarm has just been tripped.

Islamophobia from a deeply Christian nation has gone on the warpath

just a vilification of Islam

you're exhibiting some 'fundie' characteristics.

you love starting baiting threads

this card is alway played, religious intolerance and racism.

ignorant bigots... who spout hate

the absolute frenzied mistrust and (sometimes) outright hate propaganda against muslims and anything islamic is prevalent and obvious on ATS

Where will this end? Gas chambers and liquidation? Nuclear annihilation?

cherry picked scare mongering hate sites. I don't believe Islam is out to get me.

It is apparent that here and in society in general, it is no longer allowed to reasonably and critically discuss issues that concern us all.

It is a suppression of this, that creates the hate-mongering-bigot. The "lets all be nice now and not talk like this"-PC-thought-police literally creates its polar opposite.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join